F1 2021 Season

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So, red bull looking absolutely class.

Mercedes are having a few balance issues it seems, but I suspect they’ll get it right in 2 weeks.

will be interesting to see who’s the best of the rest. I think it’ll be very tight between alphatauri, mclaren and Ferrari.

alpine and Aston Martin are hard to judge but I think they’ll be towards the back end of the mid pack. The lack of running for Aston will be a worry.

cant wait for the season to get started!

pauldyson1uk

FIRST LOOK: Onboard Lap At The Brand New Jeddah Street Circuit

Fast. Flowing. And perilously tight. With average speeds of more than 250 km/h, the brand new Jeddah Street Circuit will be the fastest street track in F1.

F-Red

Can't see that promoting exciting racing personally. There's barely any heavy breaking zones so overtakes will be limited to DRS zones.

dinostar77

The onboard video is an interesting watch. Only two places i can see where you can overtake, turn 27 and turn 1. I expect it to be a drs train this year, but hopefully with the revised cars next year, it will be a better race.

Adam-Utd

Fun track to drive, awful track to race on. Typical of street circuits, BORING.

It's a money maker just like Monaco, but don't be expecting exciting races.

dinostar77

Its a temporary circuit, as a proper race track its being built but wont be ready till 2024 i think. Herman Tilke designed so guaranteed to have a long straight into a heavy braking section with overtaking opportunities.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Massive F1 fan, never watched Drive to Survive. Is it any good?
Great fun! It especially makes you appreciate the midfield battles more. You don't get a lot of that from the races, but since the series looks at all the teams and drivers (even excluding the big teams in the first season, since they refused to cooperate), you get a much better idea of what's going on and what they care about. It really makes the sport come alive, also in a human sense, I thought.

Adam-Utd

It's a big jazzed up and hollywooded, but that's more to make it seem exciting to the non-fans.

If you can get passed that though it's interesting - the behind the scene stuff which you'd never usually see is the best for me.

Leg-End

Episode 3 is hilarious, Bottas mental gymnastics to win a single race against Lewis like it’s some kind of amazing achievement, even comparing it back to Rosbergs 2016 championship.

United Hobbit

Definitely watch it!

I've just watched the first episode, I know he saved a lot of jobs but billionaire Stroll looks very hard to work for!

It's interesting to see how the tensions around COVID started to ramp up and the different people's views on them

I'd be interested to know if they cancelled the Australian GP because of the positive case, or because Hamilton, who is probably the most famous driver in F1, effectively called them out for continuing to run at the press conference

I hope we get to see a little snapshot of the meetings they had to sort all the logistics about being able to stage the races, they must have had to cover so many risk assessments etc.

It was weird seeing them without any masks as when the sport returned they were one of the best "image wise" for mask wearing for every person, at all times.

I like how they show all the teams throughout the season, I hope we get to see what was going on with Vettel behind the scenes, I also hope we get to spend time with Gasly when he won the race, having been booted from Red Bull.

As a random aside, the black haired guy presenting and doing some analysis looks like Alexis Sanchez..

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
And Lewis comes across as a twat
Haven't seen S3 yet, but I thought he came across very well in S2. Verstappen came across as a total twat I thought, worst of all, just ahead of Ricciardo the class clown. Probably all just me. :)

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Haven't seen S3 yet, but I thought he came across very well in S2. Verstappen came across as a total twat I thought, worst of all, just ahead of Ricciardo the class clown. Probably all just me. :)
His monologue after the Russian race is one of the most cringe things I’ve seen from a “world champion”. Id be keen to hear his opinion on 2016 because it seems that will burn him for the rest of his life no matter how many championships he wins.

He has a massive inferiority complex and it explains his weird personality.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
His monologue after the Russian race is one of the most cringe things I’ve seen from a “world champion”. Id be keen to hear his opinion on 2016 because it seems that will burn him for the rest of his life no matter how many championships he wins.

He has a massive inferiority complex and it explains his weird personality.
I'll find out soon, can't wait to watch S3. :)

United Hobbit

Just seen season 2, Christian Horner is reminding me a little bit of Klopp, whining about everything

Isnt Toto Wolf rumoured to be reconsidering staying in F1 in the next couple of years or has he confirmed he is staying? I wonder if they will try and poach Zak from McLaren, as he's doing a good job turning them round so far.

F-Red

Season 3 is ok, featured a lot of Racing Point & McLaren. Missed some key stories of Williams leaving F1, Russell coming into the Merc, and the Turkish GP.

F-Red

:eek: nothing about any of these?
Russell and the Turkish GP were major points of the season.
They mentioned Russell in the context of the race but he wasn't interviewed once, there's no coverage of Williams at all in this season.

Wicked_Badger

Definitely watch it!

I've just watched the first episode, I know he saved a lot of jobs but billionaire Stroll looks very hard to work for!

It's interesting to see how the tensions around COVID started to ramp up and the different people's views on them

I'd be interested to know if they cancelled the Australian GP because of the positive case, or because Hamilton, who is probably the most famous driver in F1, effectively called them out for continuing to run at the press conference

I hope we get to see a little snapshot of the meetings they had to sort all the logistics about being able to stage the races, they must have had to cover so many risk assessments etc.

It was weird seeing them without any masks as when the sport returned they were one of the best "image wise" for mask wearing for every person, at all times.

I like how they show all the teams throughout the season, I hope we get to see what was going on with Vettel behind the scenes, I also hope we get to spend time with Gasly when he won the race, having been booted from Red Bull.

As a random aside, the black haired guy presenting and doing some analysis looks like Alexis Sanchez..
They cancelled it because McLaren pulled out of the race after the positive test of their mechanic. I think Merc and a couple of teams followed shortly after.

Drive to Survive is great. Totally overhypes the middle of the pack racing stories, but the behind the scenes stuff is something you don’t get as a fan anywhere else and it’s good to see the drivers largely uncensored. It’s also an easy watch for non-fans and can introduce them to the sport.

I thought the Ferrari/Vettel episode was great.

United Hobbit

They cancelled it because McLaren pulled out of the race after the positive test of their mechanic. I think Merc and a couple of teams followed shortly after.

Drive to Survive is great. Totally overhypes the middle of the pack racing stories, but the behind the scenes stuff is something you don’t get as a fan anywhere else and it’s good to see the drivers largely uncensored. It’s also an easy watch for non-fans and can introduce them to the sport.

I thought the Ferrari/Vettel episode was great.
Vettel is hilarious, he was great value when he was on Top Gear a few years who, he had a real sense of humour

You could tell he gave very few fecks about Ferraris planned PR image :lol:

So is he going to Racing Point, they're now just being called Aston Martin?

The Bottas episode was interesting- I think they are right that they don't have a number 2 driver, however Bottas ends up putting them in the position of them having to use him as a number 2, as he's not challenging for the title. He doesn't give them the option to not end up using him to help their tactics/ Hamilton.

Wicked_Badger

Vettel is hilarious, he was great value when he was on Top Gear a few years who, he had a real sense of humour

You could tell he gave very few fecks about Ferraris planned PR image :lol:

So is he going to Racing Point, they're now just being called Aston Martin?

The Bottas episode was interesting- I think they are right that they don't have a number 2 driver, however Bottas ends up putting them in the position of them having to use him as a number 2, as he's not challenging for the title. He doesn't give them the option to not end up using him to help their tactics/ Hamilton.
Daddy Stroll bought Racing Point when they went into administration a couple of years back and then shortly after led a consortium to buy a controlling share of Aston Martin, becoming their CEO.

Once he did that it was just a matter of when he could basically rebadge the team as AM and signed Vettel as his flagship driver after Ferrari chose not to extend his contract. It was a bit weird as it was announced that Vettel wouldn’t continue with Ferrari before the season had even begun, and from the looks of Drive to Survive he spent the year being pissed off, demotivated and just wumming them.

YzWayne

Anyonoe fancy Ferrari making a good comeback this season? Or will still lose to the likes of Mclaren/Aston Martin/Alpine?

Amir

I was surprised they didn't, and they kind of rushed through the Covid 19 situation and into the races, but maybe they thought everyone has heard enough of the virus in the past year and that they should offer something else.

F-Red

Anyonoe fancy Ferrari making a good comeback this season? Or will still lose to the likes of Mclaren/Aston Martin/Alpine?
They'll make improvements, but Binotto is already talking about applying resource to focus on the 2022 car already.

Adam-Utd

They'll definitely be closer. Just depends how much HP they've recovered over this break.

They managed a few good results last season on tracks that didn't require power, but the back end still looks a bit twitchy. I think they'll be behind Mclaren/Alpine/Aston Martin but mixed amongst them depending on which tracks.
Just seen season 2, Christian Horner is reminding me a little bit of Klopp, whining about everything

Isnt Toto Wolf rumoured to be reconsidering staying in F1 in the next couple of years or has he confirmed he is staying? I wonder if they will try and poach Zak from McLaren, as he's doing a good job turning them round so far.
Toto is staying for 3 more years.

Zak Brown is more of an organiser behind the scenes and the money man - Andreas Seidl is the one that's turned Mclaren back into a proper racing team. I'm not sure how hands on Toto is with the team now anyway, he's more in a managerial position with 3/4 heads of department below him.

YzWayne

They looked OK in testing, not sure they have made enough improvement to beat Mercedes and I dont 100% buy Mercedes are has bad as testing suggests.
I do think this season will be closer than last
I hope Mercedes will not be as dominant as always. Verstappen vs Hamilton will be a good watch but wish Leclerc could be amongst them.

F-Red

I hope Mercedes will not be as dominant as always. Verstappen vs Hamilton will be a good watch but wish Leclerc could be amongst them.
Red Bull will be closer, but I don’t expect there to be much change from last year.

LoneStar

Speaking of Ferrari, that DTS episode was very good. Seb really didn't give a feck, Netflix must have loved that.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Netflix do like to feck with Lewis and show up his insecurities.

I kind of like Daddy Stroll coming in and shaking everything up, seeing hairy Cyril and co all upset about how unfair it all is despite having the backing of one of the biggest car manufacturers in the world. But I just can't find it in me to like little Stroll. He's a nice enough kid and clearly has talent but I just can't warm to him. Daniel Ric just needs to grow up too.

pauldyson1uk

Netflix do like to feck with Lewis and show up his insecurities.

I kind of like Daddy Stroll coming in and shaking everything up, seeing hairy Cyril and co all upset about how unfair it all is despite having the backing of one of the biggest car manufacturers in the world. But I just can't find it in me to like little Stroll. He's a nice enough kid and clearly has talent but I just can't warm to him. Daniel Ric just needs to grow up too.
I found Daddy Stroll to be very arrogant at the start of ep1.