F1 2021 Season

pauldyson1uk

I think Mercedes are correct in their protest, but if they win and Max is well I dont know what they would do DQ him add time on , who know, but if any other then Mercedes being told accept it happens, it will be a bigger farce than it already is.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It looked like they would be finishing under SC
Yes looked like.
RB were free to gamble. Mercedes were not. Hamilton was also very unlucky with the timing of the SC being after he passed the pit entry.
And then the timing of when the track was clear for overtaking.
I dont think there is really any issue with the decision to allow the overtaking. The first call not to allow it was made as they didn't think there would be enough time to clear the track. Then it turns out there was, the main problem for me is they only let 5 cars do it instead of all

The Hilton

Thanks for proving my point, "deserves it less", still means he would deserve it. Why should a decision not made by Max, change the opinion of whether or not he deserves it?

And jesus the state of this comment: "Norris has driven brilliantly this season, he's deserving of the title given how well he's done in an inferior car." That is not at all the point.

Some of you really need to come back tomorrow, saying Max doesn't deserve it is ridiculous. I'm saying this as a Hamilton fan through and through.
It's ironic you insult the "state of my comment" when yours is just platitudes without any logic.

You say its not the point, but your point seems to be nothing more than Max deserves it because he deserves it, even though he wasn't faster today and the rules had to be rewritten on the fly for him to do it.

I genuinely don't feel Max has deserved this title, he drove brilliantly when he could race off ahead in the faster car, but when Mercedes caught up he lost the plot and got incredibly dirty. You're welcome to disagree, but the idea that your opinion is the only correct one is beyond arrogant.

wattsy7

• He maybe crosses the line sometimes but Max is unbelievably talented and has been the quickest driver this season, whether that means he’s the deserved world champion or not I don’t know.

• Mercedes had the faster car for the majority of the races this season so deservedly take home the constructers trophy, although I feel Red Bull have been better on strategy this year.

• Today was an absolute farce, Masi should not be race director, he has absolutely no authority over the team principals and seems to change his interpretation of the rules each week. Rules are rules, you can’t adjust them during weekends for entertainment purposes.

• Can’t imagine the Verstappen’s would have been quite so graceful in defeat as the Hamilton’s. Baffles me why so many dislike Lewis, he’s one of the more likeable guys on grid.

redshaw

What penalty did Lewis get for overtaking under the safety car which was said to be earlier on this season?

The Hilton

Not seen you spamming a dozen smileys in every post so far today pal, you okay?

Worried you might have grown up overnight.
Haha I post them when I laugh, it's just that you're very amusingly transparent, you describe yourself in every post you make about others.

It's a shame, you've posted some decent stuff on the football forum, which is why I haven't put you on ignore yet, but in this thread you're easily the worst poster - something about Hamilton turns you into a rabid child.

Anyway I was telling someone else to ignore you and your gloating so they could spend their time more productively. Given that, I'm going to take that advice and deny you the tears that you're here to taste.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Ok, so one race determines who is deserving for you, in which Max had no impact on. That's your decision.

And to repeat myself, I'm not talking about the race today, I'm talking about the whole championship, it's a totally different conversation.
Like conversing with a child.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
This whole thing is a mess. Even if they do overturn it, what a joke it’d be in that case too, even if right.
Absolutely. And additionally, even if they decide the outcome was irregular and should be overturned, can they even decide Lewis to be the winner? The race wasn't finished. Replay the match?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mercedes really could hammer the shit out of the FIA to be honest.

There's been a clear breach of the rules, just because they wanted a spectacle.

Would finishing the race under a safety car been bad? sure. But Hamilton was coasting to a victory anyway. They can't just decide to Deux Ex Machine the last 2 laps to suit their own ratings.

I think they'll take this to CAS and get it over turned.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I got a tenner for the person who dares start the Let's all laugh at Lewis Hamilton thread.

RepardReece

It's ironic you insult the "state of my comment" when yours is just platitudes without any logic.

You say its not the point, but your point seems to be nothing more than Max deserves it because he deserves it, even though he wasn't faster today and the rules had to be rewritten on the fly for him to do it.

I genuinely don't feel Max has deserved this title,
he drove brilliantly when he could race off ahead in the faster car, but when Mercedes caught up he lost the plot and got incredibly dirty. You're welcome to disagree, but the idea that your opinion is the only correct one is beyond arrogant.
Hamilton wasn't faster for a lot of the races this season either so.

Fair enough, that's your opinion, that's all you had to say (bolded in red). Like my original post, I believe he did deserve it this season, as did Hamilton.

spiriticon

This whole thing is a mess. Even if they do overturn it, what a joke it’d be in that case too, even if right.
Yup Masi really fecked up either way. He can't be allowed to continue for next season regardless of who wins the title this year.

You cannot be making shit up as you go along as race director.

hp88

Would finishing the race under a safety car been bad? sure. But Hamilton was coasting to a victory anyway. They can't just decide to Deux Ex Machine the last 2 laps to suit their own ratings.

They have taken a barrister with them so it's going to drag out which is totally unfair on Max as he's having to pay for FIA / Masi feck up.

arnie_ni

Because Hamilton was consistently faster, by a massive margin, throughout the entire race both on older and slower tyres. Because Verstappen started on softs, he would almost certainly had to pit first, meaning Hamilton could bang more fastest laps in, thereby giving him the undercut when he made his own stop.
I haven't watched in years and only watched because it was a decider. I have no horse in this race.

But isn't that all hearsay?

Based on want the, I suppose, experts, said on sky, the people got both decisions wrong.

I'd like to see equal uproar.

The Hilton

Hamilton wasn't faster for a lot of the races this season either so.

Fair enough, that's your opinion, that's all you had to say (bolded in red). Like my original post, I believe he did deserve it this season, as did Hamilton.
Well this whole conversation started because you couldn't accept people disagreeing that Max deserved it. Still, we can disagree, so let's leave it at that.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Anyway, imo, for the neutrals it was very exciting today. A bit of the old back & forth on the 1st lap and last lap.
I don’t recall it being that exciting for quite a while.

Drawfull

I haven't watched in years and only watched because it was a decider. I have no horse in this race.

Based on want the, I suppose, experts, said on sky, the people got both decisions wrong.

Not sure it's hearsay. I didn't agree with the steward's ruling on the lap 1 incident, but believe in the whole race it wouldn't have mattered. Hamilton was just too quick, and Horner admitted as much shortly before the end of the race (about 12 laps to go).

arnie_ni

Also have another question. How was max able to pit and catch up to Lewis?

Don't they all have to drop their speed to let's say "X". If they are all doing "X" speed, how does he close the initial gap and the pit stop time without breaking some speed regulation?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Anyway, imo, for the neutrals it was very exciting today. A bit of the old back & forth on the 1st lap and last lap.
I don’t recall it being that exciting for quite a while.
It was actually boring for all but 3 laps in my opinion. The tiny bit were Perez held up Lewis and the last lap were exciting. The rest screamed very comfortable Lewis win.

Epic conclusion, but I can imagine Lewis feeling like bad luck Brian.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They have taken a barrister with them so it's going to drag out which is totally unfair on Max as he's having to pay for FIA / Masi feck up.
It's a completely shit situation all round.

No doubt Max can't believe his luck and won't be giving it up without a fight - I don't really blame red bull.

Masi has proven to be a weak leader, he can't handle the pressure. You can hear his stumbling and bumbling voice whenever red bull get over the radio.

The fact they made a decision then changed it again with little warning 1 lap later was ridiculous.

This guy needs chucking out for next season.

RepardReece

Well this whole conversation started because you couldn't accept people disagreeing that Max deserved it. Still, we can disagree, so let's leave it at that.
My argument was 1 race shouldn't determine whether Max was deserving or not, based on a decision that he had no influence over, like yourself and a few others suggested.

All be it, if over the course of the season you felt he wasn't deserving, and you definitely have arguments for such as today and his overly aggressive driving, then sure. IMO I believe both have been in a league of their own and both are fully deserving, even with Max's controversial driving.

hobbers

Haha I post them when I laugh, it's just that you're very amusingly transparent, you describe yourself in every post you make about others.

It's a shame, you've posted some decent stuff on the football forum, which is why I haven't put you on ignore yet, but in this thread you're easily the worst poster - something about Hamilton turns you into a rabid child.

Anyway I was telling someone else to ignore you and your gloating so they could spend their time more productively. Given that, I'm going to take that advice and deny you the tears that you're here to taste.
Hope you stick to it this time. But you're 17 races and 250 posts too late to deny anyone your tears.

Hopefully you can reflect on how awful your posts have been and grow up a bit for next season, or at least make a Lewis v Max fanboy thread and keep the F1 thread clear of the low quality posts and temper tantrums.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Can somebody explain in layman’s terms what the furore is?
Team A vs Team B. 2-1 in the 95th minute to team A, ball goes into their box and gets cleared off a knee.

Manager of B phones the ref and tells him that for the sake of entertainment he should give a penalty shootout, sudden death winner takes all.

The ref decides the rules of the game have changed and kneeball is a thing, gives the penalty shootout.

Striker of the team A has to play in slippers, B in fresh football boots.

Team B score and win. Sky commentators struggle to get excited about it all as even they can't hype this level of farce.

New depths are found in some caf posters lack of integrity.

Hobbers doesn't know what to do with himself, yet admiringly keeps trying.

The Dutch finally achieve their quest of becoming equal to the Brits in arrogance and delusion.

The thread gets abandoned by all but the three people who actually like this sports entertainment.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Also have another question. How was max able to pit and catch up to Lewis?

Don't they all have to drop their speed to let's say "X". If they are all doing "X" speed, how does he close the initial gap and the pit stop time without breaking some speed regulation?
Under SC you mean? You're allowed to close the gap. VSC freezes gaps.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
They aren’t equal incidents though - the latter was a rule made up on the spot where the outcome was gifting verstappen the lead and win on last lap. The former was subjective (wrong in my view - Lewis should have given the place back - but based on Brazil consistent) but verstappen had an entire race to correct it.

Balljy

Charlie Whiting was a fantastic race director, he made mistakes as anyone would over a decade but he certainly knew the rules. He's a massive loss to the sport with consistent decision making.

Masi has to go now, he can't make things up without seemingly knowing the regulations.

redshaw

I wonder about other teams down the order, some cars ahead were allowed to overtake and some not to get the race underway with Max on fresh tyres to make a race of it.

How many teams lost and gained final positions due to this, we know how critical the funding is with each position, it seems really unfair for some teams to lose out if indeed that did happen, I've not checked the points but we could have some other teams calling this out. Surely you get the whole field back in order or you don't before restarting, not just some of them for slam a dunk Max overtake spectacle. For Lewis the race was settled on the track, he was well ahead. I could understand Lewis thinking about retiring.

It's hard to see them overturning anything, it looks even more farcical to the wider audience.

edcunited1878

Ending under a SC is anticlimactic, but the entire race was a masterclass by Lewis and Mercedes (not so much for Bottas!). Tire strategy, driving, having to stay disciplined behind Checo who was holding up Lewis yet once he overtook Checo, Lewis increased his lead over Max. Furthermore, Lewis had to lap 4 or 5 cars, which Max didn't completely experience because of the incorrect SC lap decision. His tire management on hands was class. Such an impressive drive, for nothing.

pauldyson1uk

I genuinely don't feel Max has deserved this title, he drove brilliantly when he could race off ahead in the faster car, but when Mercedes caught up he lost the plot and got incredibly dirty. You're welcome to disagree, but the idea that your opinion is the only correct one is beyond arrogant.
If he had won without the clearly rule breaking farce at the end , then yes no problem winning like that was just wrong, just imagine if it had been Lewis winning that way.
Some on here would have been calling for Lewis, Mercedes , Toto to be banned.
Did Max deserve it over the season, I am calling it even over the season, did Lewis deserve to lose the way he did , absolute not.
It was the season we all wanted , down to the last race , final lap but feck, it left a bitter taste.

arnie_ni

Under SC you mean? You're allowed to close the gap. VSC freezes gaps.
Ah so the earlier one where he couldn't close the gap was virtual safety car but this one wasn't so that's how he got nose to nose.

Seems an odd rule.

Perfect thanks.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

They aren't equal in any way though.

You are looking at it way to simplistically mate.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Called having a debate.
A debate, or a conversation even, involves listening to the other person and responding accordingly. You haven't, on multiple occasions. You keep repeating a point I've already agreed with, and when reminded so, repeated yourself again.

Wild jumps of assumption thrown in too, don't make for a constructive debate/conversation.

Leg-End

Mercedes will argue they made the decision not to pit based on the likelihood that the race wouldn't have restarted. It's an absolute fact that race control circumvented their own rule book of which Mercedes strategy was made upon.

So messy, FIA are actually an embarrassing outfit on and off track.