F1 2022 Season

The Firestarter

I wonder if we'll see more arbitrary decision making to spice things up. We might have opened Pandora's box with the drama of this season. And oh yeah, I'll be curious to see if Max continues with his divebombing overtake attempts.
Massi has to go, and someone with actual balls must step in. I nominate Roy Keane.
pros:
commands respect
knows nothing about racing
cons:
none

The Firestarter

Yeah. But, during the last rule change, there was a lot of movement amongst the top teams. It’s really not beyond the realms of possible that a team like Ferrari or McLaren or Alpine could suddenly lead the way, at least initially.
McLaren or Ferrari I consider big teams as well

hobbers

Hope Ferrari and McLaren are competitive. Would love to see Sainz and/or Norris in a proper title fight.

Also hope Russell can provide some real competition to Hamilton. If he does it'd be great to see him involved in the title hunt as well.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
I wonder if we'll see more arbitrary decision making to spice things up. We might have opened Pandora's box with the drama of this season. And oh yeah, I'll be curious to see if Max continues with his divebombing overtake attempts.
I posted the same thing in the other thread before seeing this one. I imagine other drivers will stamp it out otherwise he has free passes every race.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Hope Ferrari and McLaren are competitive. Would love to see Sainz and/or Norris in a proper title fight.

Also hope Russell can provide some real competition to Hamilton. If he does it'd be great to see him involved in the title hunt as well.
Basically this... Would be awesome if Sainz/LeClers/Norris/Ricciardo could be more structurally involved in competition for podium places together with Red Bull and Mercedes. Also very curious if Russel can outperform Lewis occasionally..

Balljy

I'm hoping we'll get one of the smaller teams finding a loophole in the regulations to make everyone else play catch-up like Brawn did in 2009 with the diffuser. That car had a tiny budget and was a midfield contender by the end of the season as other teams caught up, I would love to see that sort of story again.

They couldn't even fit the Mercedes engine in the car pre-season and had to move the gearbox to accommodate it due to the car being a redesigned Honda :lol:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I'm hoping we'll get one of the smaller teams finding a loophole in the regulations to make everyone else play catch-up like Brawn did in 2009 with the diffuser. That car had a tiny budget and was a midfield contender by the end of the season as other teams caught up, I would love to see that sort of story again.

They couldn't even fit the Mercedes engine in the car pre-season and had to move the gearbox to accommodate it due to the car being a redesigned Honda :lol:
Aye... I think just that we're offered several engines but the merc required less redesign than some of the others

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Well - next year is the year we've been waiting for. 2014 was that year before, and we were treated to a whitewash, although it was refreshing at first to see Hamilton get a car to match the talent.

Let's hope for closer-following cars, a bunched pack, and not too much fecking about with the format (sprint qualifying is back though for feck sake).

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’m a mclaren / Williams fan firstly so hope they get a decent season. Not sure how mclaren are set for the changes but Norris and ricciardo are a good pairing and both very likeable so they hopefully challenge at the top.

Overall though, I think After today’s race I’ll be rooting for Hamilton to win the drivers championship and break the record and looks like marcs are set well for it.

Bring on the liveries, haven’t seen any yet.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
So who can tell me whát the exact changes are which are implemented next season, and explain briefly whý these rules should result in a more equal playing field...?

telstar96

I think we’ll see a mix up. This season could be so similar to the 2008 season. Both Ferrari and McLaren developed the car right until the last round. This hindered them massively for 2009 which saw many aerodynamic regulation changes. I wouldn’t be surprised if both Merc and Red Bull were to experience a similar drop off for 2022.

One thing to note however, is that new regs usually spread the field out again. I hope it’s fairly competitive next year and not just a one horse race (unless that horse was Alpine, would love to see Alonso get another WDC).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
First season I'm going to watch from the start. What are the chance Ferrari can compete with Merc or RB?

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
That chap google is pretty knowledgable sometimes
Im too lazy to pick one of the many articles

Im the type of guy who asks his girlfriend where my wallet/jeans/phone is without having looked for it to begin with..

Jerch

Hoping for 3-4 cars matching eachother.

TBF I would like to see McLaren build a good car cuz I really like Norris as a driver and ofcourse Daniel is also very likeable.

Rooney1987

Forget this season was so long we're in middle of December already so new car unveils aren't too far away. Testing starts on 23rd Feb.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
So who can tell me whát the exact changes are which are implemented next season, and explain briefly whý these rules should result in a more equal playing field...?
michael masi will conduct the entire stewardship of any race from a chaise lounge. team principals will be allowed to approach him with votive offerings to help swing race standings in their favour. they must not, and i repeat, not, make eye contact with him at any time. the great and all powerful masi will then decide whom has brought the most suitable gift before going with their suggestion of how the final race classification shall look.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
michael masi will conduct the entire stewardship of any race from a chaise lounge. team principals will be allowed to approach him with votive offerings to help swing race standings in their favour. they must not, and i repeat, not, make eye contact with him at any time. the great and all powerful masi will then decide whom has brought the most suitable gift before going with their suggestion of how the final race classification shall look.
So basically comparable to how football assigns big tournaments to countries?

The Hilton

Will struggle to figure out who I'm rooting for next season - I was desperately hoping Mclaren would have a competitive car so that Norris would have a car to match his talent, and that Ferrari would be back at the top where they belong, but I'm gonna find it hard not to root for Hamilton and Mercedes after the robbery today.

To be honest, as long as Masi and his scatterbrained approach are gone, I'll consider that the ultimate win.

Abizzz

Think I'll take a break from this shower of shite. Let's see if internal combustion engines are still a thing when I come back.

Last edited:

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Think I'll take a break from this shower of shite. Let's see if internal combustion engines are still a thing when I come back.
The engines are basically the exact same as now (well at start of season) and won’t be developed or changed until 2025 at least. They haven’t agreed on the future yet post 2025 but most of the talk has been about switching to sustainable fuel with these hybrid engines - they will already be using a percentage of this type of fuel by then (as per the current rules).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I hope Ferrari are competitive so I can go back to actually supporting them for a title, rather than just supporting them and as a side thing rooting for one of the people competing for the title.
Same. I was invested in the battle for 3rd place with McLaren for a while but eventually ended up being totally consumed by championship fight. Would be nice to go back to supporting them properly at the top end of things.

spiriticon

I honestly think we've seen the last of Lewis so Max will win by about 150 points. He's been banging on about retiring for ages and now its obvious the FIA want a change of face.

Toto may go too. Its a good time to end the cycle now.

hobbers

I honestly think we've seen the last of Lewis so Max will win by about 150 points. He's been banging om about retiring for ages and now its obvious the FIA want a change of face.

Toto may go too. Its a good time to end the cycle now.
We've not seen the last of Lewis.

But Russell's qualifying pace might make next season his last in F1, if he can carry it through to the races.

spiriticon

We've not seen the last of Lewis.

But Russell's qualifying pace might make next season his last in F1, if he can carry it through to the races.
Its a good time for him to stop and try other things as he wants. There's no point finishing 2nd next year to Max for whatever reason.

hobbers

Its a good time for him to stop and try other things as he wants. There's no point finishing 2nd next year to Max for whatever reason.
To give Lewis his credit I don't think he's the sort of guy who'll back down even if the odds were stacked against him, and they're not of course. Merc will be on top next year as well most likely. But he's no Rosberg, he won't scuttle away with his tail between his legs.

Russell coming in and out performing him on pace would be what does for him, because he wont stomach losing to another team mate.

spiriticon

To give Lewis his credit I don't think he's the sort of guy who'll back down even if the odds were stacked against him, and they're not of course. Merc will be on top next year as well most likely. But he's no Rosberg, he won't scuttle away with his tail between his legs.

Russell coming in and out performing him on pace would be what does for him, because he wont stomach losing to another team mate.
Maybe he would be up for a fight if he was younger, but he's old now. I think he's already thinking about life after F1. There's no better time than now tbh.

Leave the shitshow behind and start a new adventure.

Edit: Hes defo thinking about it
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17017420/lewis-hamilton-hints-f1-season-retirement/amp/

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Maybe he would be up for a fight if he was younger, but he's old now. I think he's already thinking about life after F1. There's no better time than now tbh.
He might just enjoy racing and the sportsmen in him would want chance to beat Max another time..

Im quite sure we havent seen the last of Lewis as a very tight title contender (at least)

spiriticon

He might just enjoy racing and the sportsmen in him would want chance to beat Max another time..

Im quite sure we havent seen the last of Lewis as a very tight title contender (at least)
Nah hes in a different phase of life now. I think events of today will surely cause him to think whether its worth risking his life week in, week out for this sort of shit.

It will be a tough one.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Nah hes in a different phase of life now. I think events of today will surely cause him to think whether its worth risking his life week in, week out for this sort of shit.

It will be a tough one.
Dont you think events events of today would make him want to bounce back and show everyone what he's got at least one more time.. He was bloody brilliant today..

spiriticon

Dont you think events events of today would make him want to bounce back and show everyone what he's got at least one more time.. He was bloody brilliant today..
He was. But he still lost to something crazy. At his age, why would you risk life and limb only for a race director to determine your fate? For the money? Does he need more? For the glory? He's 7 time World Champion. He's done it all.

If you are in Hamilton's shoes tonight, you would feel that race was 100 percent rigged. Its a gremlin that will be hard to erase from his head.

Last edited:

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
He was. But he still lost to something crazy. At his age, why would you risk life and limb only for a race director to determine your fate? For the money? Does he need more? For the glory? He's 7 time World Champion. He's done it all.

If you are in Hamilton's shoes tonight, you would feel that race was 100 percent rigged. Its a gremlin that will be hard to erase from his head.
Because he loves the sport.. Same reason Vettel, Alonso and Kimi (til today) are still in it, even in in significant cars..