F1 2022 Season

ArjenIsM3

Interesting that Merc decided not to use one of their 3 past midnight curfee exemptions.

Ps. I think this is the most pointless fp2 of the sprint weekend and shouldnt be allowed. Cars are in parc fermme so you cant change settings and try different stuff so whats the point?
Data collection which helps understand the car better and can help optimize race strategy.

dinostar77

Hamilton has a new chassis, so damage must have been worse than it initially seemed. Theres 15 odd mechanics working on his car simultaneously. Impressive coordination.

pauldyson1uk

Interesting that Merc decided not to use one of their 3 past midnight curfee exemptions.

Ps. I think this is the most pointless fp2 of the sprint weekend and shouldnt be allowed. Cars are in parc fermme so you cant change settings and try different stuff so whats the point?
I can see your point about this FP2, but Mercedes would say it was very important.
You can tweak some things, one thing that can be done, front wing can be adjusted using existing parts but no parts can be added, removed or replaced.

dinostar77

Apparently ferrari need a new floor for belgium to comply with the TD. RedBull arent confirming or denying they will also need a new floor for belgium. Mercedes dont. However it is supposed to be at most a loss of 3 tenths per lap so not a game changer.

pauldyson1uk

Apparently ferrari need a new floor for belgium to comply with the TD. RedBull arent confirming or denying they will also need a new floor for belgium. Mercedes dont. However it is supposed to be at most a loss of 3 tenths per lap so not a game changer.
So that confirms Ferrari were exploiting the rules, Horner was adamant yesterday that there was nothing wrong with their floor, we shall see.

laughtersassassin

So that confirms Ferrari were exploiting the rules, Horner was adamant yesterday that there was nothing wrong with their floor, we shall see.
As sky said they aren't breaking any rules. They passed every scrutineering test.

Rules just weren' adequate to uphold what was supposedly intended. That a rulemaker fault

pauldyson1uk

As sky said they aren't breaking any rules. They passed every scrutineering test.

Rules just weren' adequate to uphold what was supposedly intended. That a rulemaker fault
Now I never said breaking the rules, I said exploiting the rules , using a loophole however you want to put it.
I fully agree its the rulemakers fault for allowing the said loopholes.
My view is that if you have to alter the rules mid-season because of team, interpreting the rules in a different way, the rule in the first place was wrongly constructed

dinostar77

Seeing as both RB and Ferrari pushed for this TD to be delayed till Belgium GP i think both have been exploiting it. Whether RB need a new floor is a different matter. Whether RB still have the development budget left for a new floor is again another matter.

pauldyson1uk

Seeing as both RB and Ferrari pushed for this TD to be delayed till Belgium GP i think both have been exploiting it. Whether RB need a new floor is a different matter. Whether RB still have the development budget left for a new floor is again another matter.
If they don't have to change the floor, they will be OK, maybe this is why Horner was also pushing for a budget hike.
I have no idea how much a new floor cost, in development and building

laughtersassassin

There is no confirmation of that though.

Also it would usually take much more than
teams to push a TD out so you can be sure much more than just two teams!

It's like the extra money for inflation. Everyone was giving about about Horner wanting it yet in the end 9/10 teams wanted it.

I'm sure you'll find that a similar case is happening now!

pauldyson1uk

It's like the extra money for inflation. Everyone was giving about about Horner wanting it yet in the end 9/10 teams wanted it.

Horner is only mentioned because , it is Horner that is going on about it most, I have no doubt all of the top team want more money.
3.1% is not even inflation, the rate at the moment is 9.1%, so the token 3.1% is not enough really.

dinostar77

Sprint race needs to be a seperate championship. Apparently tyre mgmt will be key to the sprint race and not taking too many risks because of consequences for tomorrow. So why bother?

dinostar77

Its only ferrari and RB who petitioned for the delay to the TD for the plank wear, ergo they have something to lose performance wise. The current interpretation allows the front of the plank to wear down more than the rest of the plank, which is idea when you are running some rake on the rear.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
WOW Russell's floor looks like Stevie Wonder has been at it, but they have limited time to repair.
Massive effort by 2 sets of mechanics to get Russell and Hamilton out.
nothing wrong with black people being mechanics, mate.