F1 2022 Season

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Confirmed ?
Breaking to journalists now so as good as.

is that official?

I thought only with Ricciardo agreeing to leave or paying him to take a season off would they be able to announce anything and Ive not seen it yet?

edit just seen this

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-daniel-ricciardo-oscar-piastri/
Guess they will pay him off for the last year, or he will remain benched under contract. In both their best interests to separate as he won't want to waste a year.

dinostar77

Mclaren are replacing Ricciardo with Piastri.
Would have been more of a suprise if Piastri hadnt of given the game away with his tweet.

Though it will be interesting to see how Piastri stacks up against Lando.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Would have been more of a suprise if Piastri hadnt of given the game away with his tweet.

Though it will be interesting to see how Piastri stacks up against Lando.
Yeah, there had been a few little rumours going about - I was pretty certain Ricciardo would be leaving but I thought maybe 1 of the indycar lads (Herta,Palou) might be given a chance.

Piastri though is a pretty big coup, I suspect it may be with a long term view that Norris might get poached by Merc.

Realistically though Piastri has won F3 and F2 in his first year, I suspect if he suits the car he could be right up there very quickly.

dinostar77

2023 car regulation changes approved. 3 out 4, last one slightly modified.

"...The FIA suggested four changes, and three of them are going ahead in full: the raising of the underfloor diffuser throat, applying more stringent lateral floor deflection tests, and introducing a more accurate sensor to help quantify aerodynamic oscillations and police them more effectively.

But the other change has been toned down. The floor edges must now be raised by only 15mm rather than the originally-proposed 25mm...."

https://the-race.com/formula-1/f1s-2023-rule-changes-revised-after-teams-pushback/

ArjenIsM3

2023 car regulation changes approved. 3 out 4, last one slightly modified.

"...The FIA suggested four changes, and three of them are going ahead in full: the raising of the underfloor diffuser throat, applying more stringent lateral floor deflection tests, and introducing a more accurate sensor to help quantify aerodynamic oscillations and police them more effectively.

But the other change has been toned down. The floor edges must now be raised by only 15mm rather than the originally-proposed 25mm...."

https://the-race.com/formula-1/f1s-2023-rule-changes-revised-after-teams-pushback/
Overregulation at its finest. They should've just implemented the more stringent floor tests and the sensor to measure porpoising better and be done with it. And if the teams don't keep within the limits give them a penalty. Let the teams figure out how they achieve this instead of telling them how to do it. The floor edges and diffuser changes now limit the teams possible solutions to porpoising, limit innovation and punishes teams who already have it under control (most notably Red Bull). Mercedes must be chuffed that the FIA are handing them a big chance to catch up to Ferrari and Red Bull which was obviously what Wolff was after all along. Can imagine the typical smug smile on his face when he heard the news.

hobbers

Mercedes must be chuffed that the FIA are handing them a big chance to catch up to Ferrari and Red Bull which was obviously what Wolff was after all along. Can imagine the typical smug smile on his face when he heard the news.
Will only make it funnier when they end up third best again.

Uniquim

:lol: haven't Juve got an ex Ferrari boss quite high up now? maybe we could do with some german efficiency.
Assuming you mean Maurizio Arrivabene. He was the team principal until Binotto replaced him, now CEO of Juventus.
Also the Agnelli family owns both Juventus & Ferrari.

pauldyson1uk

Thinking about Las Vegas next season, start saving, you will have to dig deep.

Formula 1's long-awaited return to the city of Las Vegas in Nevada is likely to see a significant price tag attached as far as race-goers are concerned.

Vegas is expected to be on a packed 2023 calendar, with the cars set to race up and down the world famous Strip for the first time in November, potentially matching Monaco for glitz and glamour.

It could also burn a similar-sized hole on the pockets of anyone wanting to attend, particularly those fans opting for the top tier packages which are expected to cost in the region of $100,000.
Sports Business Journal reporter Adam Stern revealed on Twitter that MGM Resorts is planning to buy $20-25 million worth of tickets from Formula 1 in order to create hotel and event packages for the race.

Rooms at the chain's hotels including the MGM Grand and the Bellagio could cost up to three times their usual rate, according to CEO Bill Hornbuckle.

A typical one night stay in November at the MGM is currently priced at $249, while the more upmarket Bellagio charges $279 for a similar visit.

Formula 1 itself is also seeing the cash opportunity of the new event and will be acting as the local promoter, meaning it will be stumping up the costs for staging the race

It has already purchased a $240 million plot of land just off the Strip on which it plans to construct a permanent pit and paddock complex.

https://f1i.com/news/451312-vegas-g...cznop9IR93Vghf52EN6mlGAm0w_7XkmHBZX4v-mY1KTb0

Abizzz

Formula 1's long-awaited return to the city of Las Vegas in Nevada is likely to see a significant price tag attached as far as race-goers are concerned.

Vegas is expected to be on a packed 2023 calendar, with the cars set to race up and down the world famous Strip for the first time in November, potentially matching Monaco for glitz and glamour.

It could also burn a similar-sized hole on the pockets of anyone wanting to attend, particularly those fans opting for the top tier packages which are expected to cost in the region of $100,000.
Sports Business Journal reporter Adam Stern revealed on Twitter that MGM Resorts is planning to buy $20-25 million worth of tickets from Formula 1 in order to create hotel and event packages for the race.

Rooms at the chain's hotels including the MGM Grand and the Bellagio could cost up to three times their usual rate, according to CEO Bill Hornbuckle.

A typical one night stay in November at the MGM is currently priced at $249, while the more upmarket Bellagio charges $279 for a similar visit.

Formula 1 itself is also seeing the cash opportunity of the new event and will be acting as the local promoter, meaning it will be stumping up the costs for staging the race

It has already purchased a $240 million plot of land just off the Strip on which it plans to construct a permanent pit and paddock complex.

https://f1i.com/news/451312-vegas-g...cznop9IR93Vghf52EN6mlGAm0w_7XkmHBZX4v-mY1KTb0
Driving by the Bellagio will be as exciting as going down the corkscrew at Laguna Seca. Glad F1 is finally in the hands of someone who cares about the sport.

Robertd0803

Driving by the Bellagio will be as exciting as going down the corkscrew at Laguna Seca. Glad F1 is finally in the hands of someone who cares about the sport.
The corkscrew at Laguna Seca is an incredible corner. Loved watch Indycar on Eurosport in the early 90s and always hoped it was going to be Laguna Seca.

F-Red

Yep, below par and a midfield also ran. I think he might struggle to stay in F1 as there isn't much space for a driver merry go round. Most teams have their line ups solidly locked in.
He won't, he'll be on the grid next year.

NM

Has to be sarcasm right?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Nothing about Vegas is glamorous. It is a shit hole in the desert.

laughtersassassin

Looking like 15 place grid penalty for Charles as he is taking new components for upgraded ERS

No word on Max yet. If he does the same he will have a 20+ place penalty as your first engine penalties are harsher while Charles would be on his second penalities.