F1 2022 Season

Jerch

what a disappointing race, I was expecting some major fireworks, but instead we go a Max easy win and the only fireworks was Lewis taking himself out.
One of the easiest race Max will ever win, utter borefest
It was not even made hard for Max
OH well this will keep the Max fans happy and with Lewis bombing out even happier.

Max is winning races the way Lewis used do.
No one cares about Lewis anymore.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It was a good race, if you exclude the first two places fight. 3-10 places fight were quite exciting tbf.

Jerch

was not the point of my post, I was making points about the race and the manner of the win.
what a disappointing race, I was expecting some major fireworks, but instead we go a Max easy win and the only fireworks was Lewis taking himself out.
One of the easiest race Max will ever win, utter borefest
It was not even made hard for Max
OH well this will keep the Max fans happy and with Lewis bombing out even happier.

Max is winning races the way Lewis used do.
[/b]

stu_1992

Disappointing race in the end. I expected that Mz might win, but how quickly he came through the field was disappointing from an entertainment POV.

Canagel

" Ferrari always does some strange strategies"
:lol:

Im convinced Alonso only exists to just troll drivers and teams.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That's ridiculous. It's like they want him to fail in every single race.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Yes they have. What people fail to realise is that Adrian Newey didnt design the aero for this years car. It was too big for one person. Team effort. Newey concentrated on the suspension. Which is the best on the grid.

At the start of the season, there was talk of RB having trick suspension which would be extremely difficult to copy during the season. Didnt realise just how good that suspension was until the RB had minimal porporsing and then how true that statement was. I expect the RB suspension to be copied by the entire grid next season, if they have figured it out.
Newry is undoubtedly one of if not the most significant engineers in the history of F1.
But in such a complex technology business as F1, it will be a team of people who are responsible for specific parts of the design of the car. You simply cannot rely on a single individual. But have proper team leaders.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The sooner it's off the calendar the better.
Honestly I don't dislike Spa but it was just a non event.

Red Bull way too fast, Ferrari nowhere near - the rest all lagging behind. DRS trains ruining the midfield.

meh.

F-Red

Quite a boring race in the end, bone dry weather doesn’t make for excitement at Spa. DRS seemed way too powerful today.

Verstappen was in a different league today though, he’s got one hand the drivers title now and I reckon he’ll be crowned as early as Japan.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
DRS on these kind of tracks shouldn't be allowed. I hate DRS all the time but tracks like Spa and Monza is a waste of time. Fake overtakes on long straights isn't what formula 1 is about

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
DRS on these kind of tracks shouldn't be allowed. I hate DRS all the time but tracks like Spa and Monza is a waste of time. Fake overtakes on long straights isn't what formula 1 is about
Yeah, I'm not sure how much of a positive DRS is. On tracks where overtaking was impossible, it still is. On tracks where overtaking was doable, it's now a piece of piss.

I think we get fewer drivers trying moves into other corners as well, because you might as well just wait for the DRS zone where you're "supposed" to overtake and get it done much easier. Meh.

redshaw

Did he lose a bet or is that some good photoshop?

Looks like an old tea cosy or bog roll cover that some old grandma would've had.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Max "Sebulba" Verstappen strikes again!

Obviously though a total accident but feels like there needs to be a better solution for these tearaways. Maybe some sort of pocket on the front of race suits? Asking the drivers to put them under their thigh or something? Not sure that'd even be feasible...

laughtersassassin

I heard some rumours they have 5kg lighter chassis.
Not yet. It's coming later in season. Verstappen confirmed that after the race. Although it might not be 5kg, we will see.

At this stage it's really a development for next season so they'll probably take their time.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Nice interviews from Lewis and Alonso about Lewis' mistake. Silly mistake. Own up. Move on like adults.
These cars seem a bit flippier than previous years. Glad nobody was hurt.

Tyrion

Honestly I think Mercedes will compete for a championship before Ferrari do. Imo, they'll catch up next year or 2024 and it'll be like last year; them and Red Bull, neck and neck. As it is Ferrari can't win anything.

Binotto needs firing. He's ruining a fantastic Ferrari season! So many no driving related mistakes!
Binotto said before the break that they don't have to change anything about their strategy. If he seriously believes that, then Ferrari won't win anything with him in charge. Every week they screw up. "Pit now and you'll be 1 second ahead of Alonso". Yeah but what about the rest of the lap with LeClerc on cold tyres? I could have warned them about that.