F1 2022 Season

ChaddyP

Mercedes still sandbagging or have you lot come to realisation that the car is not in a great place at the moment?

pauldyson1uk

Mercedes still sandbagging or have you lot come to realisation that the car is not in a great place at the moment?
I will be honest I am not sure, the car does not look good, the proposing is a huge problem, Russell seems to have got a slight hang of it, posting a few decent laps, Lewis is way off the pace.
I would be worried if I was him and Toto.

ChaddyP

I will be honest I am not sure, the car does not look good, the proposing is a huge problem, Russell seems to have got a slight hang of it, posting a few decent laps, Lewis is way off the pace.
I would be worried if I was him and Toto.
I think they are worried and have said as much.

F-Red

Gasly fastest in FP1, did not see that coming.
Clearly some cars are holding back, only to be expected, but how much is the question.
Paul check the times, such a varying degrees of times set on softs & mediums. Hard to call anything at this stage.

hp88

Going off what Andrew Shovlin saying at the moment, Mercedes are genuinely having issue.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
It's the same every year. Ferrari amazing, Mercedes "struggling"...until q3. Then Wolff's evil smile.

Bahrain GP FP1 time sheet

pauldyson1uk

Bahrain GP Practice One Timesheet
DriverTeamTime
1) Pierre GaslyAlphaTauri1:34.193
2) Charles LeclercFerrari+0.364
3) Carlos SainzFerrari+0.418
4) George RussellMercedes+0.436
5) Max VerstappenRed Bull+0.549
6) Lance StrollAston Martin+0.621
7) Lewis HamiltonMercedes+0.750
8) Fernando AlonsoAlpine+0.807
9) Yuki TsunodaAlphaTauri+0.835
10) Sergio PerezRed Bull+0.857
11) Zhou GuanyuAlfa Romeo+0.860
12) Esteban OconAlpine+0.958
13) Nicholas LatifiWilliams+1.451
14) Nico HulkenburgAston Martin+1.622
15) Alex AlbonWilliams+1.730
16) Lando NorrisMcLaren+2.111
17) Daniel RicciardoMcLaren+2.209
18) Mick SchumacherHaas+2.343
19) Kevin MagnussenHaas+2.611
20) Valtteri BottasAlfa RomeoNo time

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i don’t want to take over old graves but could f1 survive a frenchman winning the championship after the debacle of the final race last year?

Abizzz

i don’t want to take over old graves but could f1 survive a frenchman winning the championship after the debacle of the final race last year?
Would love for that to happen if the runner up was disqualified from a win for cutting a chicane :D

On a more serious note: Seriously impressed with Zhou. Not bad first practice that. Also I don't believe Merc's are sandbagging. It's new cars with new regulations, there's no automatism that dictates that they will be among the fastest.

dinostar77

The qually runs and long runs in FP2 should guve us a clearer picture of the pecking order. Mercedes do look like they are struggling alot.

hobbers

Hope the McLarens are doing something weird because FP1 they're 2s down on the Red Bulls and Ferraris on mediums.

dinostar77

Jesus the onboard from Hamilton's car is so bad. His head his bouncing up and down. Thats awful and must feel terrible to experience over one lap never mind a whole gp.

dinostar77

Hope the McLarens are doing something weird because FP1 they're 2s down on the Red Bulls and Ferraris on mediums.
They have an interim solution for their debilitating brakes issue. So i wouldnt expect to see Mclaren anywhere near their limits this weekend. They will have to do ALOT of brake management to keep the temps down and stop the brakes from melting completely.

dinostar77

Norris is a journeyman f1 driver like Sainz. Good but not world class. Think the likes of Fisi, Ralf, Checco etc. Ricciardo will demolish him if he gets on top of the car this season.

Russell is class and it’s demonstrative of his achievements in the Williams.
Have to disagree, Norris has the potential to be a future world champion. Wiped the floor with danny ric last year and i expect the same again this season.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
The McLaren and Mercedes look off the pace. I can’t imagine sandbagging being why, there has been so much change in the rules that all teams need as much real data as they can.

Hamilton was over half a second off the pace in Bahrain practice last year too.

The Firestarter

The McLaren and Mercedes look off the pace. I can’t imagine sandbagging being why, there has been so much change in the rules that all teams need as much real data as they can.
Sandbagging cant be the reason the merc keeps swirving around.

YzWayne

Can’t wait for a leclerc vs Max season. And hopefully Ferrari wakes up their mind this time round

Leg-End

Pretty incredible Mercedes haven't got on top of the issue like most other teams, you can tell until they fix that they don't really know what they have.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The graphic using driver number rather than team is so dumb. Also why isn't it transparent?

pauldyson1uk

Pretty incredible Mercedes haven't got on top of the issue like most other teams, you can tell until they fix that they don't really know what they have.
Its proposing that the problem, they just cant solve it , well that what it looks like.
Lewis having brake problems now .

Sky Sports F1 Karun Chandhok reacts to Hamilton's noting problems with his front-right brakes:

"We've seen this bouncing as Mercedes heads towards turn one, and that again will create an issue with front-locking. The frequency of the bumps carries on with the Mercedes and combine that with off-setting temperature.

"Ever since go-karts, Lewis Hamilton has been a driver who needs a lot of confidence on the brakes, that's one of his key strengths on the braking, if he doesn't have that it doesn't set him up well heading into the entry."