F1 2022 Season

hp88

Ooof, huge reliability issues for Red Bull / Honda. Both Red Bulls died plus the AlphaTauri too. That's cost them a lot of points.
Not sure what happened to Perez but it looked like his engine cut off, you don't want to loose 1 of your 3 engines on race 1.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Let me taste those salty tears Christian.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He's so lucky I swear :lol:

Safety car + 2 Red Bulls spontaneously combusting to get a podium.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
If I bet I'd put money on Lewis winning the title, Mercedes are usually good at getting back into it after a slower start and he wasn't miles behind
Think it's gonna go down as one of those unexpected excellent results that definitely helps a prospective title charge, like playing badly but still winning 1-0 in football.

Leg-End

Let’s see if Horner is so keen to stick his face in every camera after that, absolute weapon.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
That being said, Ferrari 1-2, I never thought I'd see it again in this life time :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mwahahaha P1 and P2 already. We're unbeatable

Fridge chutney

How quick these tears blur the image of what happened last season, it's absolutely brilliant fun again this thread :lol:

So great for Ferrari though, nice to see!
Haha so true. The delusion is actually quite interesting to observe.

And yes, definitely nice to see a competitive Ferrari again.

MTF

Honda supply the engine don’t they?
No it's Red Bull now. They bought the operation from Honda, so there's all the knowledge and a lot of the personnel carried over, and Honda is still a partner in some kind of consulting role. But ultimately it is Red Bull's operation now.

pauldyson1uk

what a race, well done Leclerc, deserved win.
Loving the Red Bull DNF's Loving the fact Lewis got 3rd , totally unexpected.
Red Bull and Horner can just fick right off, does that make me sound salty ? GOOD !!!
Totally fcked up both my fantsy league teams but I dont care :D

Fridge chutney

The others, happy that Ferrari seem way ahead of the mercs
The Ferraris don't seem way ahead of the Mercs. They ARE way ahead of the Mercs. The interesting question is whether Mercedes can fix some of the issues and close the gap, and how quickly.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Leclerc and Sainz. What a pair of drivers. Let's fecking go.

1-2 baby!!

mitChley

Delighted for Sainz, shame he couldn't be more competitive over the weekend but 2nd is 2nd!

Mercedes didn't do much all weekend, car is currently underperforming and made some questionable tyre decisions but rode their luck and ended up with 3rd and 4th out of no where.

Surprised MSC didn't finish higher considering Magnussons finish.

Asger

what a race, well done Leclerc, deserved win.
Loving the Red Bull DNF's Loving the fact Lewis got 3rd , totally unexpected.
Red Bull and Horner can just fick right off, does that make me sound salty ? GOOD !!!
Totally fcked up both my fantsy league teams but I dont care :D
I agree Horner can just feck off, same to Toto as well.

hp88

If I bet I'd put money on Lewis winning the title, Mercedes are usually good at getting back into it after a slower start and he wasn't miles behind
I put £10 on Charles getting pole yesterday at the end of Q2, I am putting the winning on Lewis to win the WDC.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
No it's Red Bull now. They bought the operation from Honda, so there's all the knowledge and a lot of the personnel carried over, and Honda is still a partner in some kind of consulting role. But ultimately it is Red Bull's operation now.
It's their design but I think I think it's put together by RBR.
Red Bull’s Helmut Marko revealed that the deal for Honda to supply their engines from Japan will continue for the rest of this era.

Red Bull set up their own engine division called ‘Red Bull Powertrains’ to take over Honda’s intellectual property, and at the request of Red Bull, it was agreed that the engine would still come from Honda’s base in Japan for 2022, with the manufacturer supporting Red Bull in their transition.

“The engines will be manufactured in Japan until 2025, we will not touch them at all. That means that the rights and all these things will remain with the Japanese, which is important for 2026 because it makes us newcomers.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull-extend-honda-engine-deal/

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Wait so they build their own engine? That can’t be right.