F1 2022 Season

sepulturite

Will we getting all the people who aren't in to F1 creeping in to this thread with the football being called off?!

They'll all be like 'heeeeeeey, what's going on in here? Can I join?' :lol:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Will we getting all the people who aren't in to F1 creeping in to this thread with the football being called off?!

sounds like max fans.

F-Red

Need a couple of contentious crashes during the race, a few hot takes on the Monday posts, and we'll then have the perfect recipe for a @SirAnderson thread update.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
sounds like max fans.
So true :lol: :lol: :lol:

From Holland here but recognise it very much. 90% of Max fans werent F1 fans before him. They couldn't care less.

I am a fan of Max as a driver, but his fans and their bias annoys me a lot. I don't even want him to win anymore. But reality is he is going to win everything in the coming years. Only Hamilton in a winning car can stop him, but Lewis getting older won't help and I can't see Mercedes fixing all their issues. Max has the next few seasons in the bag if you ask me (as long as he stays healthy of course).

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Grid pens so far, maybe more before the race.
I can understand why it seemed like a good idea to limit the number of engines and associated parts in order to reduce costs by improving reliability.

But in retrospect, that is having a the effect of turning races into something of a lottery.
There must be a far less impactful way of achieving the same outcome.

dinostar77

I can understand why it seemed like a good idea to limit the number of engines and associated parts in order to reduce costs by improving reliability.

But in retrospect, that is having a the effect of turning races into something of a lottery.
Right now "the lottery" is the only thing keeping this season from being a yawn fest

pauldyson1uk

I do agree with you, but there must be limits.
But the grid pens, do make for more exciting racing.

Jerch

From Holland here but recognise it very much. 90% of Max fans werent F1 fans before him. They couldn't care less.

I am a fan of Max as a driver, but his fans and their bias annoys me a lot. I don't even want him to win anymore. But reality is he is going to win everything in the coming years. Only Hamilton in a winning car can stop him, but Lewis getting older won't help and I can't see Mercedes fixing all their issues. Max has the next few seasons in the bag if you ask me (as long as he stays healthy of course).
This forum didn't do anything good to you.

I'm pretty sure that most people supporting Max comes from old timers who supported "outsiders" like Villeneuve, Hakkinen, Montoya and Alonso in their flights with Ferrari or people who supported Red Bull and Vettel in ther prime years.
On the other hand Lewis supporters are British or new F1 fans who started supporting him during last 8 years of domination in which he drove by far the fastest car and lost the title twice anyway.
Everyone else hate him. Whenever I had meet person that is not from UK and watches F1 for some time we pretty soon got that common point for the debate which is pretty funny.

Just few quotes from him:
"Bono my tires are dead" while he sets fastest lap
"We should save this engine" while he is charging through grid from last to 4th
"We have to save the oceans" on the back of the speedboat
"We have to care about our planet" while flying on private jet to next F1 race
"This is not safe driving" to Perez holding him up in Abu Dabi while he few years prior was holding up Rosberg against his team orders to speed up.
"We have to stop abuse on team radios because kids are watching" and after a week he absues his race engineers for screwing him up.

If he would just not talk and drive much more people would be cheering for him.

Hal9000

Everything looking good for Ferrari this weekend, so that means they will do everything in their power to feck up.

Shall we do a sweepstake?

Charles crashing out under no pressure again.
Carlos crashing out.
Bad strat call.
Slow pitstop.
Reliability DNF?
Letting them race and inevitable slowing eachother down so Max catches

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

hamilton is too old and max is too good. the only thing that gave hamilton a sniff last year was max. he seems to have sorted himself out this year and isn’t making mistakes or losing his head. helps when he’s in one of 4 cars that are light years away from the others and two of them are run by clowns.

This forum didn't do anything good to you.

I'm pretty sure that most people supporting Max comes from old timers who supported "outsiders" like Villeneuve, Hakkinen, Montoya and Alonso in their flights with Ferrari or people who supported Red Bull and Vettel in ther prime years.
On the other hand Lewis supporters are British or new F1 fans who started supporting him during last 8 years of domination in which he drove by far the fastest car and lost the title twice anyway.
Everyone else hate him. Whenever I had meet person that is not from UK and watches F1 for some time we pretty soon got that common point for the debate which is pretty funny.

Just few quotes from him:
"Bono my tires are dead" while he sets fastest lap
"We should save this engine" while he is charging through grid from last to 4th
"We have to save the oceans" on the back of the speedboat
"We have to care about our planet" while flying on private jet to next F1 race
"This is not safe driving" to Perez holding him up in Abu Dabi while he few years prior was holding up Rosberg against his team orders to speed up.
"We have to stop abuse on team radios because kids are watching" and after a week he absues his race engineers for screwing him up.

If he would just not talk and drive much more people would be cheering for him.
the thing i like best is you could level all of that at max too and it would also be correct. yet in some people’s minds they’re god and satan.

if there is one difference i could pick between them, only one of them has a piece of shit dad and i’m of the opinion a piece of shit has to land and roll pretty hard to move far away from the piece of shit tree.

pauldyson1uk

Christian Horner believes that Porsche's plans to enter F1 with Red Bull were a few wishful steps ahead of where the latter was prepared to go.

For several months, Red Bull and Porsche were engaged in talks over setting up a joint venture to work together in Formula 1.

But Red Bull's determination to remain independent and the master of its own destiny ultimately encouraged the two parties to bring their negotiations to an end, a fact that was confirmed by Porsche on Friday.

"It didn’t take us by surprise, the talks were concluded over a week or so ago," Horner told the media ahead of this weekend's Italian Grand Prix.

"Porsche’s a great brand, a great company and we wish them the best of luck for their future whatever that holds. But obviously Red Bull’s direction is clear."

Red Bull has now set up its own engine department – Red Bull Powertrains – that resides on its campus at Milton Keynes.

The unit that now includes over 300 members of staff is proceeding with the development of a next-generation F1 engine that will power Red Bull's cars from 2026, although badging rights may be acquired by an outside partner.

Horner: Porsche got 'a bit ahead of themselves' during Red Bull talks (f1i.com)

pauldyson1uk

Alex Albon has been ruled out the Italian Grand Prix amid ongoing treatment for appendicitis and will be replaced for the remainder of the weekend in Monza by Nyck de Vries.

Williams said Albon is in "good spirits" despite receiving ongoing treatment in hospital having fallen ill on Saturday morning.

De Vries, who is reserve driver to Lewis Hamilton and George Russell at Mercedes, will make his Formula 1 race debut on Sunday, having previously driven in practice sessions.

hobbers

Interesting to see De Vries. Was expecting Albon to fight for a point or two this weekend with the penalties and their insane top speed.