F1 2022 Season

The Firestarter

People still running with Lewis crashed out Max in Silverstone and calling others delusional to think a fish smells like a fish :houllier:

Precious Max didn't get 100% of the track.
Didn't he receive a penalty for that? Therefore officially recognised as the reason for the crash?

Abizzz

Didn't he receive a penalty for that? Therefore officially recognised as the reason for the crash?
He received a penalty. A penalty that is applicable to any offense, but not all offenses. Therefore we shall never know what it implies.

hobbers

Jules Bianchi's death must have had a huge impact on safety car usage, understandably so.

Last edited:

goalscholes

you can work out the laps but per GP is pretty easy

Decade 1 = 165 races
Therefore 0.24 deployments a race (approx 1 every 4 races)
156 laps under safety car so 0.96 per race - just under 1 per race

Decade 3 = 194 races (so far)
therefore 0.98 deployments a race (approx 1 per GP) so a 300% increase
420 laps under safety car so 2.16 per race a 125% increase

if you discount the VSC in decade 3 its still
139 deployments (0.72) per race approx a 200% increase
399 laps under safety car so 2.05 per race - lets be generous and say 2 per race approx a 100% increase
Cheers. Definitely confirms the eye test, that there has been a huge increase in SCs.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I think the thing that makes me laugh most in this thread isn’t that people have clear and obvious bias, which is the case in any sport. It’s the people who have clear and obvious bias (both sides) who at the same time seem to have convinced themselves that their posts are completely objective and factually correct :lol: - talk about tinted glasses. This thread is so awful at times, and it always descends into the same chaos when the same people turn up.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I think the thing that makes me laugh most in this thread isn’t that people have clear and obvious bias, which is the case in any sport. It’s the people who have clear and obvious bias (both sides) who at the same time seem to have convinced themselves that their posts are completely objective and factually correct :lol: - talk about tinted glasses. This thread is so awful at times, and it always descends into the same chaos when the same people turn up.
Wait I thought people were trolling each other on purpose

laughtersassassin

Interesting. So the real question is whether he was actually losing his tyres or whether he didn't want to be used as protection for Lewis and lied.
He knew the tyres would be shit and made the correct call.

All Merc leaving both out on Mediums would have done is made them come 3rd and 4th.

Last edited:

goalscholes

TeamLH already have the pitch forks out for him.
That's funny. Over the last few months, Max fans (ideologues) have generally been the first to say how he is thoroughly dislikeable/ a dirty driver, so if true, it's probably welcome that the weirdos on each side agree on something.

dinostar77

Yeah the tie up from a commercial road car sense looks like conflicting, but then there's plenty of that in the VAG group and I don't think it's all that important in the long run. Plus McLaren are desperate for a sale, they're unprofitable. Porsche is very independent of the VAG group also in it's decision making which means I think it shouldn't be looked at a in the same discussion as Audi, who will almost certainly finalise a deal for Sauber before the year is out. Red Bull looked the right move for Porsche, but the other players could be McLaren, Alpha Tauri (which is up for sale) and/or Williams which has ties back to the group also. Mercedes will also be reducing their customer engine supply further in 2026 regardless.
Mclaren arent desperate to sell up. They refused audi's offer to buy the f1 operation. Porsche have said they do not have the facilites to produce f1 PUs.

I dont think porsche will join F1 now. They wont get access to the IP of other engine manufacturers and they cant make their own f1 PUs. I think its more likely that honda will return.

Anyway the deadline for porsche is oct15th to enter f1 offically or have zero say in the 2026 PU development at a manufacturer level. Also their IPO float is sep 15th. So all acquistions i.e. 50% of RB would have to be completed before then.

Andretti racing will end up buying Alpha Tauri. Colton Herta moving there is the first step.

pauldyson1uk

Lewis Hamilton is set to start at the back of the grid for this weekend's Italian GP thanks to a Mercedes engine penalty.

Mercedes are fitting a fourth engine - one more than is permitted in F1's rules - into Hamilton's car as a result of the damage his last engine suffered in his race-ending crash with Fernando Alonso at the Belgian GP.

There was a 45G impact in that collision and Mercedes say they are still working on a "recovery plan" for that Power Unit, which cannot be run this weekend.
While it has not been confirmed how many engine components are being changed yet, the incoming grid penalty means Hamilton will head to the back of the grid, making his already slim chances of a first win of the season at the high-speed Monza circuit all the more difficult.

Hamilton will likely not be the only one dropping further back than his qualifying position for Sunday's race.

Valtteri Bottas' engine penalty in the Alfa Romeo has already been confirmed while Ferrari are also thought to be considering a grid drop for their home race, along with title leaders Red Bull for Sergio Perez.

dinostar77

Wasnt much of a chance of a mercedes win anyway. Will make a rather processional race more interesting.

There are rumours max may take a engine penalty this weekend to get it out of the way. But i think the chance to humiliate ferrari at their home race maybe too tempting.

hobbers

Perez and Sainz will almost def take engine pens.

Max will probably take another at Interlagos if he has to.

F-Red

Porsche have pulled out of their F1 plans this morning. A full entry isn't off the table but the immediate opportunity seems closed now.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Imagine if the Brits try to cancel Monza.
i bet max wouldn’t even try and let one of the brits win in a brit team like mercedes. says everything you need to know about the man. or should i say boy.

Robertd0803

Max to take another engine penalty?
No reason not to. Barring a disaster he has the title pretty much won and he will be able to recover easily enough at Monza in comparison to other tracks, plus its only 5 places. Worst he will be on the grid is 6/7th.

At this point in the absence of an actual challenge I think Red Bull are inventing problems just for a laugh and a test to see how easily they/Verstappen can still win.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Porsche have pulled out of their F1 plans this morning. A full entry isn't off the table but the immediate opportunity seems closed now.
It’s pretty much rules a Porsche made engine out, as they don’t have the facilities to design and test engines on an F1 scale, so any future Porsche entry will be an Audi rebadged.

dinostar77

Yep, horner wanted to remain in control. Porsche wanted to replace him with siedl who they worked with before in WEC.

dinostar77

No reason not to. Barring a disaster he has the title pretty much won and he will be able to recover easily enough at Monza in comparison to other tracks, plus its only 5 places. Worst he will be on the grid is 6/7th.

At this point in the absence of an actual challenge I think Red Bull are inventing problems just for a laugh and a test to see how easily they/Verstappen can still win.
I still expect max to win. A new ICE in that rocketship of a RB. He'll be in the lead by lap 4 and 30 seconds ahead by lap 20.