F1 2022 Season

hp88

Red Flags needs feck off, they took the gamble with the intermediates, pay the price.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Usually I’m all for letting them go for it but the visibility there was just non existent. And that’s not really a wets vs inters thing

Ahmer Baig

Why do they have this race during typhoon season?

As mentioned on the BBC the other day, it would be so much nicer in the spring. The cherry blossoms blooming, snow on the mountain tops and you could do a China - Japan double header.

goalscholes

Restart suspended.

A drop of rain fell on the straight and it was felt a driver might course correct and break a nail.

This isn’t starting again, is it?

F-Red

Looks like F1, the FIA, and Suzuka has not learnt anything since Bianchi’s death. Unbelievable.

hp88

After what happened to Juels Bianchi at this very track, this is ridiculous.

ArjenIsM3

Restart suspended.

A drop of rain fell on the straight and it was felt a driver might course correct and break a nail.

This isn’t starting again, is it?
Yeah fecking hell, they really need to do something about these situations. I love wet races but these days they're instantly red flagged. Develop better wet tyres or something, anything

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

This is ridiculous, it could of killed gasly, I’m just going to say it Masi’s replacements have been an absolute shit show in terms of driver safety

Krits

F1 has become a technical exercise rather than a sport now. Been watching since 1999, it’s hard to remain a fan.

I understand driver safety, It is important. But as a viewing experience, this is quite crap.

F-Red

Yeah fecking hell, they really need to do something about these situations. I love wet races but these days they're instantly red flagged. Develop better wet tyres or something, anything
Unless they find something to control the spray, and improve visibility then it’ll always be the same scenario. Further extreme wet tyres will still generate, and perhaps increase, spray.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
F1 has become a technical exercise rather than a sport now. Been watching since 1999, it’s hard to remain a fan.

I understand driver safety, It is important. But as a viewing experience, this is quite crap.
Go watch sim races instead. No weather to disrupt anything.

klsv

Can't use wet tires in the wet because it's dangerous, then send a truck onto the track while cars are still on it.

Like your weird aunt who leaves the plastic wrap around the remote control to avoid germs, then shoots crack.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Can't use wet tires in the wet because it's dangerous, then send a truck onto the track while cars are still on it.

Like your weird aunt who leaves the plastic wrap around the remote control to avoid germs, then shoots crack.
It’s not really got anything to do with the tyres, you mean spray - but yes

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

Worst thing about the tractor is there is no blinking lights on that’s fecking basics

hobbers

People are acting like recovery vehicles are never on track with F1 cars, when of course they always are during safety cars.

And if you can’t recover crashed cars with other vehicles when it’s raining, then you can never have wet races ever again. Obviously we’re at that point already for other reasons.

Problem is for these conditions they need way more lighting.

Krits

Go watch sim races instead. No weather to disrupt anything.
I’m not asking for the race to happen when drivers can’t see anything, all I’m saying is a solution needs to be formulated. This has happened too often now in the last 2-3 seasons.
I just feel the sport was so much more enjoyable in the early 2000s.
Maybe I’ll go watch motorbike racing.

Ahmer Baig

I agree with Otmar they really should send the cars out on the wets behind the safety car to see if it’s raceable and to clear some of the water.

Starting it an hour early might have been good, yes people would have missed it and been annoyed - but that would be preferrable over no race at all.

But more than anything why do we come to Suzuka during freaking typhoon season?!

goalscholes

Why race here in the rainy season?
Why start so late so there is no light?
Why not go out on full wets to try to clear some of the rain and see what happens?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
People are acting like recovery vehicles are never on track with F1 cars, when of course they always are during safety cars.

And if you can’t recover crashed cars with other vehicles when it’s raining, then you can never have wet races ever again. Obviously we’re at that point already for other reasons.

Were they informed it was on the track?

Were they in the safety car train at this point?

Dan_F

The problem with the Bianchi crash was that they weren’t actually under safety car conditions, just double yellows.

I’m not sure what happened today as I didn’t wake up to watch it but Gasly seemed to be going pretty quick when I’m assuming he shouldn’t have been? Either way, the drivers should be told it was there and maybe the truck could have a flashy light on it :lol:

hobbers

This is what happens when you hand all the spring race days to lifeless Middle East tracks and put the historic 200k spectator tracks like Spa and Suzuka in October.

Not gonna rain in Qatar or Bahrain in October

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Rain stopping in about 1 hour or less. Let's see what F1 decides.
Ok, according to google, sunset in Japan is 80 minutes away.
I don't think they'll be racing today.
I'm pretty sure I used to get up at 3am back in the day for Suzuka.

Another delayed/cancelled race, F1 is broken

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I read the reason they don’t move this race is because the organisers don’t want to change it. They should tell them that if they don’t change it then they will lose the race.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I read the reason they don’t move this race is because the organisers don’t want to change it. They should tell them that if they don’t change it then they will lose the race.
A few more canceled races and they may change their minds.