F1 2023 Season

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What a sector 3 from Max!

Amazing qualifications, shame Alonso didn't finish P1.

F-Red

One of the best Q3's in some time, the race will be a bit of a snooze fest tomorrow, but that last 12 minutes was box office.

Ahmer Baig

Honestly, that's the best dry qualifying session I've seen in F1 in a very, very long time.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Quick shower tomorrow, Red Bull fecking up their strategy and we can have mega race.

hobbers

Perez and Red Bull will be furious having to stick a new gear box in for the race.

If it doesn't rain it'll be a huge struggle to even get in the points.

F-Red

Alonso must fancy his chances tomorrow, starts have been Verstappen's only (very minor) weakness this season.

pauldyson1uk

I keep hare about rain, Leclerc mentioned it, there is only a 20% chance.
SUNDAY, MAY 28 – RACE WEATHER
Conditions
: Partly cloudy with a light southerly wind and with a slight chance of rain in the afternoon. RACE: 24°C
Maximum temperature expected: 25 Celsius
Minimum temperature expected: 17 Celsius
Chance of rain: 20%

dinostar77

I am not Max's biggest fan, but fir play to him that was a monster lap to grab Pole.
Agreed. In any other car than that RB, he would have been in the wall. The way that car sticks to the track is just incredible.

Such a shame for alonso, hopefully he can put max under pressure tomorrow.

goalscholes

It wasn’t a perfect lap by Max, but it was a monster final sector. Must have taken four tenths from everyone else?

I’d love to see Max’s start finish speed trap speed, as I think we were allowed another glimpse of the RB with DRS and the engine mode on full.

hobbers

It wasn’t a perfect lap by Max, but it was a monster final sector. Must have taken four tenths from everyone else?

I’d love to see Max’s start finish speed trap speed, as I think we were allowed another glimpse of the RB with DRS and the engine mode on full.
Nowt to do with the start finish straight or DRS. It's the fast chicanes and traction out of the last two corners.

goalscholes

Nowt to do with the start finish straight or DRS. It's the fast chicanes and traction out of the last two corners.
How do you know that? Did they do a side by side where Max was behind and then ahead before the DRS zone?

hobbers

How do you know that? Did they do a side by side where Max was behind and then ahead before the DRS zone?
No but the distance the DRS is open for is like 250m before the finish line, will have had almost no impact. Time will have all been gained before that.

dinostar77

This interesting, hamilton quoted as going against team advise for Q3 and changing the setup so it was more orientated for the race rather than qually.

Whatever the change was it switched the car from being faster in S1 and S3, to making it faster in S2 for the race instead.

Why? The only reason i can think of is that he wants to be quicker in S2 coming out of the tunnel, towards the bus stop chicane.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
So everyone finally gets to see Red Bull's floor, which means we can see others catching up next year?