F1 2023 Season

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Gasly is ahead of Sainz, amazing stuff. Tsunoda the only one who is keeping his place today apart from the first two.

Ahmer Baig

Verstappen's lost so many monaco gp's, he hell bent now on leaving his mark on every wall.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
So, basically Mercedes have quicker race car this year than Ferrari easily. Not qualifying wise though. Even Alpines are somewhere there, they have more podiums than Ferrari this year.

Very frustrating year as a Ferrari fan. They are arguably somewhere between 4th- 5th best car on the grid.

pauldyson1uk

Pretty boring race apart from a bit of rain that spiced it up for a short while.
Max was never in danger of not winning, Alonso a decent 2nd and Ocon with a cracking 3rd.
Ferrari being Ferrari .
Merc's looked better than previous races, but FFS both of them are such moaners, Lewis moaning the track was dangerous and Russell waning to be let though on Lewis, just fecking drive.

Maroon Lucifer

Aston Martin and Mercedes separated by a single point in the constructors. Poor Alonso is carrying that team.

well... on to a (hopefully) proper race in Catalunya.

hobbers

Stroll, Haas, Ferrari clown shows

Majestic driving from the top 3 though

Ahmer Baig

Muted celebrations at AM.

AM will be wondering for a long time what if about that brutal dry tyre call. When you have your shot you take it.

hobbers

Good news is there's now a run of 6 of the best tracks on the calendar in the next 2 months. Not a shitty street track in site.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I do rate Leclerc, but it's clear to me that he just isn't in the elite bracket. To be fair, there aren't many on the grid that are, but it just feels like his season hasn't even started yet. Just another meh race from him and the team.

Ferrari are not blameless here of course, and I think his contract is up next year, so it'll be interesting to see what he does. He just seems exasperated with them at times

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Good news is there's now a run of 6 of the best tracks on the calendar in the next 2 months. Not a shitty street track in site.
Yep. Was looking at the schedule and we have a nice run of tracks. There are too many street tracks, IMO. We need to bin some of them off

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I do rate Leclerc, but it's clear to me that he just isn't in the elite bracket. To be fair, there aren't many on the grid that are, but it just feels like his season hasn't even started yet. Just another meh race from him and the team.

Ferrari are not blameless here of course, and I think his contract is up next year, so it'll be interesting to see what he does. He just seems exasperated with them at times
He’s the best qualifying driver on the grid, I think that’s clear. But he’s never won a race where he’s not been on pole. Just doesn’t do it in the clutch situations and makes too many mistakes. He’s a great driver but unlikely to win anything at Ferrari.

hobbers

Have to say it's looking like Russell or Norris will be winning a world title before Leclerc.

Norris when he gets his big ticket move to Red Bull or Mercedes.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Only thing you can criticise Leclerc is if he stays in Ferrari if any of Red Bull or Mercedes come knocking, because even Verstappen wouldn't win anything with Ferrari.

He's had his mistakes this season, but it's nowhere near top car, and last year he's had 8/10 season easily which would win him the title if he had the best car. I mean, he finished P2 ahead of Perez last season in a much slower car, you can argue that overall Mercedes were on similar level to Ferrari too, and yet he smashed both Russel and Hamilton too.

Not exactly sure why he deserves so much mention today, despite the grid penalty(probably not his fault either, he's had impressive qualifying lap btw), he again finished ahead of his teammate who was ahead of him at the start. Mercedes gave their drivers better strategy once again, and they look to have far better race car than Ferrari anyway.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

It’s why they should have told Leclerc to stay in line and be a second driver while learning a year or two from Seb.

But politics rule at Ferrari and it’s why they’re still going to be shit for the next few years.

Canagel

Muted celebrations at AM.

AM will be wondering for a long time what if about that brutal dry tyre call. When you have your shot you take it.
It wouldn't have changed anything. Even if they had pitted for the Inters the first time he would not have made up 9 or 10 seconds in one lap.

dinostar77

Just watched the GP, rain helped a snorefest to wake up for abit. Ferrari are a fecking mess. Bringing in sainz to cover lewis when he could have gone longer as he was on the hards, to overcut ocon. No wonder sainz was pissed.

Anyway always glad to get the worse GP of the season out of the way.