F1 2023 Season

Balljy

I'd love to see Norris in the Red Bull. He's someone who I think would take on a car that doesn't suit him and adjust after a few months. I reckon he's underrated because of the cars he's been given so far.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Really pleasant surprise to see the result of qualifying, having blissfully forgot about the fecked up sprint weekend. feck liberty.

United Hobbit

Perez will be the end of me on Superbru
Same here - thought can't not put him second in that rocketship... Hmmm. He keeps taking my fastest lap point too, because he's out of contention so may as well get that. Yet I'm sure if I gave it to him he wouldn't do it!

F-Red

Isn't it obvious? Like I said I don't disagree with what he said but its just fuel for triggering those that dislike him.

In context of what he was saying he even acknowledges he's been fortunate.
Over the years he's been very open on wanting closer racing each year, trying to equalise and dominance that one car has. Problem like you say, is it's the fuel for those that get off on things like this without them understand that during his period of dominance he's been asking for closer racing and certainly should be well qualified to ask for it.

2017 - https://f1i.com/news/29744-hamilton-wants-closer-racing-from-2017-changes.html
2018 - https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...ser-field-in-2018.3QeNNoazIQGe20Mw2m0K2A.html
2020 - https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/2...els-at-his-best-and-wants-closer-title-battle

F-Red

Well I would, Iam off it’s raining, still love watching so yeah I will watch.
I'm only taking the piss :), first bit of action I've managed to watch live in a while. Hoping these interchangeable conditions mix up the grid a bit for later on.

pauldyson1uk

I'm only taking the piss :), first bit of action I've managed to watch live in a while. Hoping these interchangeable conditions mix up the grid a bit for later on.
I know I said pointless, but can see why they have done it, racing is better than FP, good for the crowd there.
Just think with the FIA being tough on budgets, this is just unnecessary.

F-Red

I've not seen any long run times from FP1, but do Ferrari have actual pace in that car or are the upgrades just helping the speed on one lap?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I've not seen any long run times from FP1, but do Ferrari have actual pace in that car or are the upgrades just helping the speed on one lap?
They’re competitive on one lap. But hard to know on race pace with only one practice session. Sprint will give a good indication.

pauldyson1uk

Out in SQ1
Charles Leclerc survives by 0.001s after a very dramatic SQ1.
In the bottom five and out of the Sprint Shootout are:
16. Zhou Guanyu
17. Oscar Piastri
18. Lewis Hamilton
19. Valtteri Bottas
20. Logan Sargeant

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Sprintraces are like Nationś league football. Yes it is better dan free practices but that's really just it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Norris really should try and push for a Red Bull or Ferrari seat.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Norris really should try and push for a Red Bull or Ferrari seat.
Ferrari should first sort their shit out. Today again with Sainz who had to correct an engineer. Sometimes I feel the requirement to work for Ferrari is not having a functioning brain.