Fabio da Silva | 2012/13 Performances (on loan at QPR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Is he playing on the right or left?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
QPR fans really seem to like him. Have heard plenty of Fabio chants in the background

Rossa

Is he playing on the right or left?
He's playing on the left.

He had Bale and Lennon in his pocket for the first half, has shown that he matches Lennon for pace on a couple of occasions. A bit unlucky to concede a freekick in a dangerous area though.

Great tenacity, brilliant technique for a fullback and shows great defensive awareness - can't play on the left, riiiiiight.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Doesn't look bad on the left does he? For us he looked better on the right, but this is looking good. Hopefully Redknapp allows him to play left back every week now because he's been great against Chelsea and Spurs - teams who possess some quality attackers.

Carl

He's playing on the left.
Excellent.

Great tenacity, brilliant technique for a fullback and shows great defensive awareness - can't play on the left, riiiiiight.
Who's been saying he can't play on the left? Only thing I've seen which you could be referring too is that a lot would prefer a left footer to be playing left back to add a greater balance seeing as our left winger is right footed also.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Fabio's had a more consistent run out for us on the right, but I can't help but feel he's reached higher peaks on the left albeit for shorter periods of time. That's not to say he's better on the left or right, but he's clearly a fantastic talent in both full back positions. I remember 30 minute spells against Chelsea and Everton at left back (before getting injured in both games) whereby he actually looked amazing.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Great play again, there! Shame about the cross but a great chip over the Tottenham defender's head. :D

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Playing well again today. If he stays in the team now which I am sure he will this will turn out to be a great loan move,

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Given how well he seems to be doing, it does make the signing of Buttner all that more condensing. What are we going to do next year with 3 left backs considering Evra is an ever present.

I would personally have preferred to keep on Brady as left back cover this year considering the very little rest Evra actually has.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Given how well he seems to be doing, it does make the signing of Buttner all that more condensing. What are we going to do next year with 3 left backs considering Evra is an ever present.

I would personally have preferred to keep on Brady as left back cover this year considering the very little rest Evra actually has.
Buttner was bought purely as back up to Evra. We will get our money back for him when he moves on.

We needed a back up for Evra while fabio goes out and gets games. Seems a good situation to me.

Rossa

Excellent.

Who's been saying he can't play on the left? Only thing I've seen which you could be referring too is that a lot would prefer a left footer to be playing left back to add a greater balance seeing as our left winger is right footed also.
There were a few who argued that right footers shouldn't play as left backs. I think that is bollocks, especially one as two footed as Fabio. Today he looked just as good as Rafael. Too bad he isn't allowed to roam forward as much.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good match from Fabio today. Hopefully he keeps getting games and putting in these type of performances. Then after a run of consistent games he can come back and challenge evra for the LB spot next season.

prateik

Buttner was bought purely as back up to Evra. We will get our money back for him when he moves on.

We needed a back up for Evra while fabio goes out and gets games. Seems a good situation to me.
Didn't recently say that buttner was signed for the future. A cheap punt. But I think it's more than just to make up the numbers.

Fabio and Rafael starting together would be amazing.

Genius Me!

Whilst I can appreciate that, I just don't see what we're going to do next year with 3 left backs, unless of course Fabio is going to get game time on the right hand side as well.

But I still fail to see how there's enough games for both Fabio and Buttner when there's not even enough games for one of them.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Whilst I can appreciate that, I just don't see what we're going to do next year with 3 left backs, unless of course Fabio is going to get game time on the right hand side as well.

But I still fail to see how there's enough games for both Fabio and Buttner when there's not even enough games for one of them.
Fabio's looking the steadier right now.My inkling is that he'll be a good back up for either flank

Genius Me!

Fabio's looking the steadier right now.My inkling is that he'll be a good back up for either flank
That's what I think as well. That way he'll be able to get enough games but without actually nailing down any position. I'd rather see him on the right side than Jones or Smalling to be fair.

Hopefully in a couple years he'll improve to the level of taking over Evra permanently.

Giggsforever

He was man of the match today. He was brilliant all day, both in defence and attack. Plays his way out, quick, great passing. Kept Bale and Lennon out of the game when they played his side.

Amir

I reckon Buttner will be going on loan so we'll get a better sense of how good he could become.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
he was getting injured so often. otherwise he was always going to make it here.

He will be back next season and we will be well stocked with defenders. Wooten doing well too by all accounts.
Aye. Think that's the only problem that hindered his progress here. The one time he managed to get a regular number of games under his belt here, he started the CL final. Speaks a lot about his ability.

DevilRed

Its good to see him healthy and playing/training consistently. I hope this loan spell will change him like it changed Cleverley.

Cevno

Didn't watch the game today, but seems he got good reviews on here. Good stuff.

Maybe Buttner can go on loan next season and he stays depending on how he and Buttner go till the end of the season, and how Evra holds up till next season.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
From what I saw he had a good gam and my friend who watched more of it said he had Lennon in his pocket. Hopefully this loan spell takes him to the next level and Evra/Buttner will be cover for Fabio next season.

Hellboy

Buttner will go on loan to a PL club next season I think, with Fabio (hopefully) slotting in regularly for Evra.

Claymore

Buttner go on loan? Don't get it, he started well, scored a nice goal but hasn't had a look in too much since. What is he 23? Too old to be going out on loan with what stage he was at in Holland surely. Him and Fabio are good options to have as Paddy can't go on for Evra.

Fetch my coat?

LR7

Scoured a couple of QPR forums and they're impressed:

He's had a big spell injured and maybe he's been getting up to full fitness, but thought he had a terrific game today defending and going forwards.

Bale and Lennon were swapping sides today, but didn't get anything out of either full back.
I thought Fabio was excellent today. He really did look like a Man Utd player! Hoping for more performances like that in coming weeks.
Fabio looked very good today particularly in the first half. He looks much better when he concentrates on defending.
Fabio also got second after Julio Cesar in one man of the match poll

From a Fabio or Traore thread:
Fabio looks to have sorted out his postional play and now looks great, Traore will have a tough task getting back in the side
Fabio without a doubt. He was an absolute star today. Hard to pick a better player on the pitch, for either side.
Fabio, very good defender, attacks a lot but tracks back very quickly.
Fabio was immense today ! Not sure how he didn't get MOM.
And perhaps rather concerningly!
My uncle was at the game and near the end of the match fabio ran off behind the goal to puke up. Shows the effort the chap was putting in.
:nervous:

Ji sung park on the other hand is failing to win them over at all.

Varun

Staff
Great to hear. Of what i saw of the game, he was fantastic.

Park will never win them over. He's past it sadly.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Highest rated QPR outfield player on whoscored also.

Carl

How do you puke up while playing football? I have never had such a problem.
Usually an indication of nerves or physical exhaustion. I'd say the latter is more likely given the reports I've read of his performance. Unless he was just unwell...

Widnes

Good that he has got another full 90mins in the premier league today, seems like he is first choice LB now he is fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.