Fabio da Silva | 2012/13 Performances (on loan at QPR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I wish he never went on loan. With the shit form of the wingers Fabio could have got some games on the wing.

The twins have a unique blend of skill and workrate/desire.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
The twins are very two-footed.
I still don't understand why every professional footballer isn't "very two-footed". Professional footballers train for thousands and thousands of hours before the first whistle for a top flight club, so you'd think they'd perfect the use of the "other" foot. An enigma.

Jiggs'Hamstring

Rafael commented that the two of them being separated has played a part in his being forced to grow up this year, and presumably that's worked both ways. I reckon it'll prove worthwhile in the long run. I still think Fabio can be top class.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His performance against Chelsea really pleased me. If he can be a constant figure in some sort of 'Great Escape' story, we should really benefit from it. Harry seems to have faith in him, and if he can get him as part of a settled defence, then he'll really grow.

The talent is obvious.

Lastwolf

I still don't understand why every professional footballer isn't "very two-footed". Professional footballers train for thousands and thousands of hours before the first whistle for a top flight club, so you'd think they'd perfect the use of the "other" foot. An enigma.
Why though, generally you have to stand on one leg and kick with the other, spending training time perfecting your off-leg seems rather pointless, for those rare times that you might need to use it. Even people that do have equally good feet, tend to favour one or the other and it's not like they have the other foot ********ly removed.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
This video illustrates what i've been saying, and for those saying that he's very two footed please watch again closely. I've no doubt long term this lad will be a right back, unless he significantly improves on his left side.
No, what that video tells me is that every time he needs to use to the left foot he has no hesitation in doing so. Philip Lahm despite having a good left foot will still use his right foot more often than not, that does not mean Lahm is one footed.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
No, what that video tells me is that every time he needs to use to the left foot he has no hesitation in doing so. Philip Lahm despite having a good left foot will still use his right foot more often than not, that does not mean Lahm is one footed.
Fabio is not strong enough on his left side to be long term left back at United imo. His best performances have been right back where he looks not surprisingly far more comfortable.

You say in that video he has no hesitation in using his left. I must have missed that. He used his left about 4 times in the whole game and only when he had to. One time he passes it straight out of play with his right when the simple option was a left foot pass down the line.

I like Fabio but to me he looks much better at right which is not ideal seeings his brother plays there and that we need a long term solution on the left.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's only January and he has already played in 9 PL matches for them. The highest he has ever played for us is 11. Fingers cross he stays fit because he should play every PL match for them.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Fabio is not strong enough on his left side to be long term left back at United imo. His best performances have been right back where he looks not surprisingly far more comfortable.

You say in that video he has no hesitation in using his left. I must have missed that. He used his left about 4 times in the whole game and only when he had to. One time he passes it straight out of play with his right when the simple option was a left foot pass down the line.

I like Fabio but to me he looks much better at right which is not ideal seeings his brother plays there and that we need a long term solution on the left.
Do you think Philip Lahm uses his left foot when he has no real need to? Even Nani who has a very good left foot doesn't use it very often.

His best performances have come at Right back because he's played a lot more there than he has on the left and most importantly got a consistent run there. He hasn't found it easy to break in at left back due to Evra barely getting injured or rested. If he gets a consistent run at left back and looks out of place then fair enough but I don't think that will be the case as left foot is adequate enough to play there

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Whats the QPR fans take on him?
They think he's been a class act and want him to be in the left back position. They think he's a part of their strongest back 5.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is the massive problem. Playing the exact positon as his brother, means he'll either have to go elsewhere, put up with being a fringe player, or work very hard to play on the left.

ricky-romeo

This is the massive problem. Playing the exact positon as his brother, means he'll either have to go elsewhere, put up with being a fringe player, or work very hard to play on the left.
the same problem phil neville faced. he ended up playing everywhere, right back, left back and even central midfield, eventually left for everton where he is the team captain now. had a good career at united though, plenty of winner's medal in his cabinet.

reckon fabio can do that kind of job, maybe not as a central midfielder but as a winger, an emergency winger. he is not a bad player going forward. he can play either on the right or even on the left, meaning he could play in 4 different positions. should be enough for him to get games.

Care_de_Bobo

So you think he should use his weaker foot even when he has no need to just because he's playing at left back? Makes perfect sense.

Platato

Psst!
Simply because he's naturally right footed on the left wing doesn't mean we are at a severe disadvantage. His job is to defend first and he's doing that well. His use of the ball is good so as long as he contributes to the build-up play what issue is there?

Crosses? That's something he can work on. Like Rafael, his delivery is already pretty good. To me Cutch, you're exacerbating Fabio's tendency to use his right. I think the lad's fine. It's not as if he uses right like Tony V does. Then we'd have a problem.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I don't see why there should be a debate over him being a right footed left back. He's being playing left back since 2005.

It's his performances I'm interested in and as long as he can get to a level similar to Rafael then that's all bothers me.

Ekeke

Lahm used to dribble people in knots down the left flank using only his right foot. He even used it to go on the outside and then turn back in on the line. His performances at Leverkusen as a youngster, even against us in the CL are a perfect example of how which foot you're strongest on doesn't really matter as long as you play with all the options you have at your disposal. Being right footed on the left side doesnt mean you have to take a touch inside everytime he receieve the ball and look for a pass or shot in the middle area of the pitch

Jiggs'Hamstring

Lahm used to dribble people in knots down the left flank using only his right foot. He even used it to go on the outside and then turn back in on the line. His performances at Leverkusen as a youngster, even against us in the CL are a perfect example of how which foot you're strongest on doesn't really matter as long as you play with all the options you have at your disposal.
Did Lahm ever play for Leverkusen?

Ekeke

Stuttgart then. Remembered him along with Lucio and Ballack for some reason both brought in from Bayer who we faced in the CL a couple of times around those years. But yes Stuttgart he played for against us on his loan spell not Bayer

LR7

Fabio is in the starting line-up today against Spurs. Good test for him after Chelsea, and nice to see him getting a good run in the side. Looks like Harry likes him.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Glad he is starting again. Might watch the game on and off to see how he goes. Park is also starting for them

twitter thread suggester
He's been excellent this first half. Best player on the pitch. Though a few misplaced hoofs.

Ivor Ballokov

He's been excellent this first half. Best player on the pitch. Though a few misplaced hoofs.
He has been very good. He doesn't seem to have much support when he gets the ball as Wright-Phillips is basically playing a wide forward though so those hoofs are somewhat to be expected.

He's made a few decent headers too which is always good to see from a young fullback

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Yeah. Just goes to show that this notion he and Rafael "can't defend" is absolute bullshit. (Peterstorey, I'm looking at you.)

Asked to defend against Lennon/Bale and have taken both out of the match with consummate ease.

Needs a run in the side now.

Hellboy

Best player on the pitch for QPR. Fantastic defending, good distribution (not like some muppets in his team), looking forward to see him in the red shirt again.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Looks a better fullback than Walker and technically a class above most players on the pitch. Quality flick over Lennon. I still have high hopes for Fábio myself and provided he can steer clear of injuries he could easily be our first choice left back by 25.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He should be challenging Evra for a place next season if he can get a run under his belt at QPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.