Fabio da Silva | 2012/13 Performances (on loan at QPR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole'sbodyguard

Bringing him back now would be pointless. We have a full complement of fit defenders(for the first time in ages), we are out of the league cup and coming into the CL knockout rounds and the second half of the Premiership season. Fergie may rotate plenty but this is the time of the year when we see abit more consistency in the selections and players who are not going to feature get loaned out.

The idea we would somehow use him on the wings with Nani and Kagawa now back fit with Valencia/Young and with the strikers options we have is also a none starter.

Personally I was surprised we loaned him out this season and thought he would have been ready to play for the first team as a squad player after the experience he had with the first team 10/11. Last season he was injured alot but with JOS and Wes gone and very little competition for Evra it looked like he had a spot. Fergie went on record saying he needed to play regularly to improve and so loaned him out.

It's funny though, he would have got plenty of games first half of the season as cover for Rafael with Jones, Vidic and Smalling injured for most of the first half of the season. That's just the way it goes, I guess.

Let's hope he gets a long run in the QPR side in the second half of the season and comes back better for the experience next year.

Ekeke

Harsh..
Q.P.R. was shite today, and when Fabio got on, the team just wanted the match to end. Hard for him to impress.. He did okay.
I like him but its a fact. Came on late and Sterling left him feeling the need to foul him multiple times leading to a yellow card

Ole'sbodyguard

Other than Cleverley at Wigan, has any of our youngsters even had a decent loan spell at a premiership side recently? They always seem to have problems.
Welbeck, Cleverley and Evans. The first team experience they received basically made them ready for the first team squad with United.

Gibson's made a decent career for himself at Everton after being sold.

Other than Fabio's loan, Macheda's the only one who had problems in the premiership with game time, although he had the same issues in Seria A as well. To be honest, I still think alot of Fabio's problems have arisen because he suffered an injury during his spell there and he's still had more game time than a complete waste of time, like Macheda and enough time to win a regular spot.

LR7

He is probably just being eased back in after the injury. Admittedly I'd like to see him get a good run of games too.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he won't actually make it at United. I can't recall a loan to which a player can't make the first team at that club and then go on to do well for us. It may be a very superficial thing for me to say, considering he has been injured a lot while he's been there - but I genuinely believe he'd struggle breaking into that first team.

I sure hope I'm wrong, because at times he showed a lot of quality for us and it says a great deal that Fergie picked him at right back for the CL Final against Barca a couple of years ago. It's just I can't imagine him coming back better from this QPR spell.

Ekeke

I personally felt he was doing well at first. With his injury and the other options in his positions actually doing surprisingly well this season he's been unlucky. As I remember it Cleverley started his Wigan loan well (playing a lot more games than Fabio admittedly) , then got injured and then was a sub for a while before he managed to get back into the team. Hopefully it'll work out the same with Fabio

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Only problem with Fabio's case, in which you may have said, is that he didn't really nail down a spot at QPR prior to his injury. I'm sure Cleverley was a starter at Wigan before his injury, and then he gradually returned into the line up once he recovered.

Next season I expect him to go out on loan again, otherwise what is the point having Evra, Buttner AND Fabio, hopefully he'll go to a more stable club.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I was watching their game v Liverpool yesterday, and in fairness it was an awful time to come on, 3-0 down, with 20odd to go.

But he looked like a boy amongst men. Fouled Sterling, who was having a really poor game, aboutn 4 or 5 times, and just looked awful.

Can't stand QPR, and the whole move is becoming a waste of time.

Ekeke

A poor game? Sterling was one of the best players on the pitch after Suarez :lol: He created more than double the goalscoring chances of anyone else out there. But Onoha was surprisingly playing well at right back. Fabio came on in front of him for more protection and Sterling had more success with his dribbling against Fabio than previously in the match. I dont think his brother would have let someone keep getting past him like that but they do seem like two different characters.

JP77

It's another reason for me to fecking hate QPR. Another wasted loan spell. It's likely done him no good what so ever. Not only is he not getting anywhere near as much game time as he should be, but he's playing alongside an absolute shocking defence, which isn't exactly going to help him in the long run.

Ultimately there's a good chance that by the end of it, it's going to be an entire season down the drain for him, which leaves us with a problem next season of do we keep him (Where he's going to struggle getting game time in competition with Evra and Buttner) or do we send him out on yet another loan deal? Hell, do we even start giving him chances out on the left wing? God only knows at this rate.

kietotheworld

It's another reason for me to fecking hate QPR. Another wasted loan spell. It's likely done him no good what so ever. Not only is he not getting anywhere near as much game time as he should be, but he's playing alongside an absolute shocking defence, which isn't exactly going to help him in the long run.

Ultimately there's a good chance that by the end of it, it's going to be an entire season down the drain for him, which leaves us with a problem next season of do we keep him (Where he's going to struggle getting game time in competition with Evra and Buttner) or do we send him out on yet another loan deal? Hell, do we even start giving him chances out on the left wing? God only knows at this rate.
Forget next season, he should be recalled in January then sent out somewhere else, abroad if necessary.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A poor game? Sterling was one of the best players on the pitch after Suarez :lol: He created more than double the goalscoring chances of anyone else out there. But Onoha was surprisingly playing well at right back. Fabio came on in front of him for more protection and Sterling had more success with his dribbling against Fabio than previously in the match. I dont think his brother would have let someone keep getting past him like that but they do seem like two different characters.
Don't agree with that at all.

One of the perils of fantasy footy playing is that you start watching games very closely that before you wouldn't have givena toss about.

Sterling didn't create anything. Ran the ball off the pitch, and was fairly easily dealt with by Onouha. Fabio struggled a bit, but he'd just come on cold.

Rodgers is one of those twats of a manager who thinks he can piss about with players positions.

Downing at left back, Enrique at left wing, Sterling left wing last night. Real odd.

For QPR though, will be glad to see them go down.
See if that bozo Cisse is celebrating with City this time round.

I hope they go down in a cruel way too. A Glimmer of a chance, and then a last min goal sends them down

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Thought it was a bit unnecessary of the announcer yesterday to say that Sir Alex doesn't let good players go on loan, suggesting Fabio wasn't really very good.

Typical lazy journalism.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Thought it was a bit unnecessary of the announcer yesterday to say that Sir Alex doesn't let good players go on loan, suggesting Fabio wasn't really very good.

Typical lazy journalism.
I noticed that too. He obviously never watch Fabio play with us. I guess he missed the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL against Barca or the months leading up to when Fabio had the RB slot nailed down.

Wanker.

Widnes

For anyone to say SAF doesn't let good players go on loan is the stupidest thing I ever heard, in Cleverley, welbeck and Evans we have 3 first team regulars who all had more than one spell loaned out.

dejans

I'm wondering what will be his role next season. Buttner heading for loan and Fabio takes LB back up spot?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I'm wondering what will be his role next season. Buttner heading for loan and Fabio takes LB back up spot?
It might depend partially on how Evra holds up this season and through the summer. If Evra looks like he can start almost every game against next season we might feel we have the chance to give Fabio another Premier League loan.

Fabio was made to play as a wing back, to attack as much as he defends, which QPR can't really afford to do. The good news is that he needs to work on his defending more than his attack anyway.

Still, if we're getting him ready to become United's starting left back, I'd hope any subsequent loans would see him added to a team that likes to attack through their full backs.

Ole'sbodyguard

Great to see him get a start tonight. Decent showing and he can maintain his place in the side.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sure, but at the same time he is getting his hands full with defending, so something good may yet come of it.
Yep, he will be learning alot more about defending playing here than with us that's for sure.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Sure, but at the same time he is getting his hands full with defending, so something good may yet come of it.
I hope so. However, one can easily imagine the dour mood in training there.

I'm still not sure why Fabio was sent out on loan. He's ready to serve right now as Evra's understudy, though I have nothing against Buttner whatsoever.

Rossa

I hope so. However, one can easily imagine the dour mood in training there.

I'm still not sure why Fabio was sent out on loan. He's ready to serve right now as Evra's understudy, though I have nothing against Buttner whatsoever.
Agreed.

Evra seems to enjoy playing pretty much every game though, but with Fabio fit, I think Evra would enjoy and benefit from some rest and Fabio would get game time with a proper team. Büttner is OK, but he isn't near Fabio's level, imo.

Let's just hope that the loan will give Fabio plenty of playing time from here on in. He sure has the ability to be just as good as his brother, and if that should be, he will be the perfect replacement for Evra.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Talk about losing a yard of pace; has Wright-Philips lost three or so?

Edit: nice goal though :)
Sweet goal by SWP. Very sweet.

If this result holds, it's now officially a two club race for the trophy.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Gorgeous play by Fabio, who by the way was the more highly regarded of the twins when they arrived at OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.