Fabio da Silva | 2012/13 Performances (on loan at QPR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I'm still confused/disappointed that we didn't try to get him on loan even without a Baines transfer move. He could have filled in at Right back if needed be which would have helped us at times like this when we are short on numbers.
That even we could have done as well. But he needs constant playing time which we just couldn't guarantee. That too at LB.

lysglimt

Scout
He played 90 minutes today against Newcastle, on left back.

Defensively looked good before the goal they conceeded, he had couple of good last ditch tackles, but goal came through his side, it was partly probably his fault. Did nothing in attack, but that was more down to their team then him, they were happy to defend their goal for whole game, and do nothing in attack.
It wasn't Fabio's fault. It was a combination of a brilliant skill from Ameobi (never thought I would write that) - and one QPR-player (might have been Taarabt) making a rash challenge

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well why would we send him to you if you didn't care? 15 games is a bad loan spell.
As playing for Everton is better than playing for QPR. That was the case before this season even began and it still has. I wouldn't have been surprised if he went on two loan spells anyway so to get 15 games in his first isn't as bad as you make out.

With Evra looking good again and Buttner as cover, Fabio is free to have a second loan spell similar to Cleverley i'd have thought.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
One QPR fan said that he was amongst the 3 good QPR players on the pitch and the rest of them were donkeys.

LR7

As playing for Everton is better than playing for QPR. That was the case before this season even began and it still has. I wouldn't have been surprised if he went on two loan spells anyway so to get 15 games in his first isn't as bad as you make out.

With Evra looking good again and Buttner as cover, Fabio is free to have a second loan spell similar to Cleverley i'd have thought.

Fabio doesn't need to play here and there he needs a consistent run like Rafael is getting. We would have kept him here if all he needed was a few odd appearances. He is young but he isn't a rookie just out if the reserves, he has played in significant games for us he was just struggling to get a look in as Evra is never injured (touch wood).

NM

I agree playing for Everton is better than playing for QPR, but he would have (without injuries) got a lot more games for QPR at LB (where we want). It would be nearly impossible for him to get in ahead of Baines unless your rest him.

That's why Everton wouldn't be a good fit.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
One QPR fan said that he was amongst the 3 good QPR players on the pitch and the rest of them were donkeys.
Good to hear that. Hopefully he can build on this and get a good run of games now

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
He made 9 tackles and interceptions, the joint highest of the 22 players, along with Anton Ferdinand.

lysglimt

Scout
Thought that was a bit harsh - QPR had full controll defensively until Newcastle threw on Ameobi and Obertan (how odd that may sound) - and then they struggled a bit with Ameobis strength and Obertans pace. Ameobi got hold of the ball - Obertan stretched them a bit and eventually they got the goal

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I'm sure that Moyes, like me, doesn't care much for his development and would have wanted him as a solid squad player to not only make up the numbers but do a good job when he came into the side. He'd have got around 15 games i'd have thought.
And I'm sure Fergie, like me doesn't care much for Everton's need for a squad player. Going to QPR was better because he's been given a good run of games and as he's a Manchester United player, his development is of the utmost importance to us.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
He played 90 minutes today against Newcastle, on left back.

Defensively looked good before the goal they conceeded, he had couple of good last ditch tackles, but goal came through his side, it was partly probably his fault. Did nothing in attack, but that was more down to their team then him, they were happy to defend their goal for whole game, and do nothing in attack.
Having just seen the goal it looks like newcAstles number 17 who was at fault. The defence were all in line playing the offside trap but he drifted way into the box which allowed The striker to drift behind the line.

Member 39557

Harry and Fergie are good mates, which we may well see Fabio play more in future
No, that's got nothing to do with anything! Fraizer Campbell was on loan at Spurs under Harry and barely got a kick.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
And I'm sure Fergie, like me doesn't care much for Everton's need for a squad player. Going to QPR was better because he's been given a good run of games and as he's a Manchester United player, his development is of the utmost importance to us.
You say that, but as i recall, a few players you've let out on loan recently haven't had a huge abundance of play time. Welbeck is the only one that sticks out in my mind of a player that played the majority of games.

x42bn6

You say that, but as i recall, a few players you've let out on loan recently haven't had a huge abundance of play time. Welbeck is the only one that sticks out in my mind of a player that played the majority of games.
The vast majority of our youngsters who go out on loan get a decent number of games. Most get their loan experience in the Championship and lower. Federico Macheda (at QPR) and Josh King (Borussia Mönchengladbach) are the only 2 out of around 40 loans that didn't get many games (and not down to injury, otherwise you'd toss in Bébé as well).

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The vast majority of our youngsters who go out on loan get a decent number of games. Most get their loan experience in the Championship and lower. Federico Macheda (at QPR) and Josh King (Borussia Mönchengladbach) are the only 2 out of around 40 loans that didn't get many games (and not down to injury, otherwise you'd toss in Bébé as well).
Aye, i should have said that i was meaning players that had gone to top division clubs (and starting games). You're not going to develop if you're playing the last 20 of games.

I just think that he might have had the same amount of game time here. But now Harry has came out and said what he has, Fabio might be favoured over those 'high wage' players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just seems one hell of a comedown, for Fabio to go from starting the champions league final v Barcelona a mere 18months ago, to having a mediocre time of it on loan at QPR.

Really not sure how he'll find a way back really.
It's massively unlikely he'll regularly get in over his brother, and Evra will no doubt be around for a couple more years.
And then you have Buttner, who surely wasn't signed as just a squad player stop gap, until Fabio develops?

So is Fabio simply going to be an understudy at best?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It wasn't Fabio's fault. It was a combination of a brilliant skill from Ameobi (never thought I would write that) - and one QPR-player (might have been Taarabt) making a rash challenge
Having just seen the goal it looks like newcAstles number 17 who was at fault. The defence were all in line playing the offside trap but he drifted way into the box which allowed The striker to drift behind the line.
I know, can't really blame him, so I said "partly", because goal still came through his side.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Aye, i should have said that i was meaning players that had gone to top division clubs (and starting games). You're not going to develop if you're playing the last 20 of games.

I just think that he might have had the same amount of game time here. But now Harry has came out and said what he has, Fabio might be favoured over those 'high wage' players.
The issue right now with Fabio is that he has problem staying fit. He's shown that he's good enough to start in a CL final and have a decent game against world class opponents. As long as he's fit, I reckon he'll have no problem getting games ahead of most fullbacks in the league, unfortunately for you guys (or not), Baines is not one of them, so him going to Everton for a loan would mean he's backup to Baines or most likely filling in at right back.

Where he's being played is also another issue that he would have considered before picking QPR, for now he might be satisfied with playing at either full back positions as long as he gets playing time, but in the long run, he's better off playing in the side which can give him the most playing time at left back, otherwise he'll be likely to get condemned as a backup to his brother when he returns back to us.

Dion

And then you have Buttner, who surely wasn't signed as just a squad player stop gap, until Fabio develops?
I don't think I've ever seen a more obvious stop-gap signing than Buttner.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
He has 10 apps so far this season, in 6 he was starter. That's not THAT bad loan spell considering he was also injured for a month or so.

VoetbalWizard

going from starting in the cl against barca (and doing OK in it) to not getting a game at qpr on loan. What a kick in the bollocks.

Should've never left to go there.

I honestly would be ok just giving him games like we did with rafael and go through growing pains with him. the talent is there.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I think he should stay on loan, he may not be getting game but he will be trying harder than ever in training and will be trying to impress Redknapp who, if impressed, would definitely play him. If he comes here he will be trying in training and then end up not getting games at all, he has more chance there.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Bring him home, he can be back up for both right and left wing backs.

Brightonian

If he'd been here, he might well have got games on the wing. Admittedly for a manager who loves to mix it up by playing people in unusual positions, full-backs as wingers isn't a common one for Fergie. But during Young's abysmal period a month or so back, or Valencia's lukewarm form all season, Fabio wouldn't have been a bad shout for a couple of games.

Mainly I'd have liked to see the latter just for the expressions of some of the Premier League's thicker FBs and CBs when they found themselves up against two versions of the same man simultaneously. For some reason, Ryan Nelsen's is the face I'm envisioning.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That's a good point about playing on the wings. I'd love to see him there, he was a better attacker than Rafael in his first season or two here.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
He has 10 apps so far this season, in 6 he was starter. That's not THAT bad loan spell considering he was also injured for a month or so.
Under Hughes we saw Fabio start 5 of 6 games, coming on for the last 20 minutes in the other. Redknapp came in and he was an unused sub for the first two matches. In the next two he came on as a late sub, getting less than 10 minutes. So at that point I think people were starting to worry that he would only get a few late sub appearances out of 'Arry.

The next two matches he started, however, and this last one he got around 15 minutes. That's not so bad overall under the new manager, but we might be able to offer him similar minutes spelling Evra, so I can see an argument for bringing him back.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It was an awful move, as I said at the time when it was completed. At a club like QPR he was never going to learn much although I certainly didn't think they'd be as bad as this and would play him so little.

It means little though. Rossi struggled at Newcastle only to shine at Parma and then Villarreal. We should send Fabio on loan abroad, where he will play and develop the side of his game that he's comfortable with.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
It was an awful move, as I said at the time when it was completed. At a club like QPR he was never going to learn much although I certainly didn't think they'd be as bad as this and would play him so little.

It means little though. Rossi struggled at Newcastle only to shine at Parma and then Villarreal. We should send Fabio on loan abroad, where he will play and develop the side of his game that he's comfortable with.
This man speaks some sense.

We need to get Fabio the fukk out of that shithole and other back home or a club where he can make a positive contribution. Even a championship side would be fine, so long as it's a club that has something to right for and which has a need for a fullback. But a Spanish or Italian might fit the ill too.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I think it's good for Fabio to stay there, lets face it Evra is back in form now and was undroppable even when out of form. It will be good for Fabio to be involved in a PL survival scrap, he'll surely learn a lot more from that than not getting a look in at United.

Having said that, I'd rather see him playing RB than Jones or Smalling. Hopefully next season he can be used for cover in both positions, that way he will get ample football time.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Under Hughes we saw Fabio start 5 of 6 games, coming on for the last 20 minutes in the other. Redknapp came in and he was an unused sub for the first two matches. In the next two he came on as a late sub, getting less than 10 minutes. So at that point I think people were starting to worry that he would only get a few late sub appearances out of 'Arry.

The next two matches he started, however, and this last one he got around 15 minutes. That's not so bad overall under the new manager, but we might be able to offer him similar minutes spelling Evra, so I can see an argument for bringing him back.
You would expect that, considering the loan deal was agreed with Hughes in first place. Still. at least he is getting some game time, when I heard QPR sacked their manager, I didn't expect Fabio to get any game time under new menager, because you know what happened with macheda in last two years.

We'll see what will happen in next few games, but I think everything it's down to Fabio now, Harry showed he counts on him, and he will let him fight for his position, it's up to him to convince him he is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.