Height: 174cm
Position: Forward - Right Winger
Squad Number: #28
Foot: Right
Player agent: Equipo TMA
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025​

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
One of life's mysteries is why he barely got any minutes last season. And yet ETH was praising him and there are talks of a contract extension. May not be healthy or good for his development if he stays.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Dutch sources are linking him with a loan move to FC Twente.

foolsgold

Dutch sources are linking him with a loan move to FC Twente.
Wouldn't be an awful move, playing every week in a decent league and the chance to play European football. If he's going to make it here, he should be able to dominate in the Netherlands. If he can't shine there, then he's not got a future here anyway.

sglowrider

Probably, good to build friendly relationships with many clubs, could help us in the future.
This is the value of multi-club ownership. You can farm young players out with a proper plan and with lower risk -- like what happened to Amad at Rangers.

led_scholes

He is behind Antony, Bruno, Sancho and probably Amad for the RW. Really cant see any reason to keep him.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Don’t know what to make of that performance but it’s not what I was expecting from a player trying to make his case.
For a player I like, he is not seem to be progressing. Too experienced at senior football to overlook his shortcomings.

Last edited:

sglowrider

His timekeeping must be horrendous. Never gets a start and yet seems to play at a pretty high level when playing with the NT.

luke511

He looks close to Garnacho’s level for dribbling at speed, hope he gets a good loan this year.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is a weird player. Every cameo it just looks like something is waiting to be unleashed. However he does something magical, gets brought down and then you don't see him for 20 minutes. Maybe he'll turn out a bit like Sebastian Giovinco, really dominating at times in lesser leagues. Not looking likely to make it here

CallyRed

He looked decent when he came on. Needs to be playing regularly, maybe one to offer Sunderland for the season? Thought Tony Mowbray managed Amad brilliantly.

flameinthesun

He is a weird player. Every cameo it just looks like something is waiting to be unleashed. However he does something magical, gets brought down and then you don't see him for 20 minutes. Maybe he'll turn out a bit like Sebastian Giovinco, really dominating at times in lesser leagues. Not looking likely to make it here
He's just never shown any real ability to either playmake or be an attacking threat. Since we've signed him and for Uruguay he'll have 1 or 2 runs in a game, get the odd assist. Then spend the majority of the game failing to get involved or running into dead ends. Another player who I think its better we let go.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think he is suitable as an AM, he isn't suitable on the wings or midfield. I think we regret selling him.

luke511

Why? How much worse could he be than Antony? He’s the only right winger we have that can really stretch the pitch and hog that touchline whilst actually beating his man.
If it was up to me I'd have used him far more than he has been, especially last year. Right now It doesn't look like he stands much of a chance for regular football which he desperately needs.

luke511

He's just never shown any real ability to either playmake or be an attacking threat. Since we've signed him and for Uruguay he'll have 1 or 2 runs in a game, get the odd assist. Then spend the majority of the game failing to get involved or running into dead ends. Another player who I think its better we let go.
He has, he's hardly been given a chance here but when he has he's shown great ability.

flameinthesun

He has, he's hardly been given a chance here but when he has he's shown great ability.
He hasn't really, he hasn't shown more than Elanga for example, not shown more than Garnacho. Hasn't shown more than Amad on loan. Then you throw in that Sancho, Rashford, Antony are also there for the spots, I'm comfortable letting him go. To me he was an interesting punt that hasn't really paid off.

luke511

He hasn't really, he hasn't shown more than Elanga for example, not shown more than Garnacho. Hasn't shown more than Amad on loan. Then you throw in that Sancho, Rashford, Antony are also there for the spots, I'm comfortable letting him go. To me he was an interesting punt that hasn't really paid off.
He has, in the rare occasions he's played he's shown how quick he is with the ball at his feet, similar to Garnacho in that regard. Garnacho and Amad are huge talents who have been given more opportunities so that's not a great comparison at all. He's shown more potential than Elanga in his rare features.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_Z8CGRb263Y

He's our only winger that has the old school style of hugging the line too, he's definitely worth keeping but needs a loan for his own development.

flameinthesun

He has, in the rare occasions he's played he's shown how quick he is with the ball at his feet, similar to Garnacho in that regard. Garnacho and Amad are huge talents who have been given more opportunities so that's not a great comparison at all. He's shown more potential than Elanga in his rare features.

He's our only winger that has the old school style of hugging the line too, he's definitely worth keeping but needs a loan for his own development.
Don't get me wrong he has got talent but he's 21, been on 2 loans where he hasn't really torn up trees. Yes he's a decent dribbler but I think everything else is average or lacking. Garnacho is a level above him and shows you the type of talent you need to be to break into this united squad and Garnacho is not even a Greenwood level talent. Amad who to me is also a level above Facundo is struggling to break into the squad. Then you look at the likes of Elanga who I think is better than Facundo and he was not good enough for us. We don't really have space to have Garnacho, Amad and Pellistri breaking into a team which has Rashford, Antony, Sancho and Mount who can play on the wings. Maybe he proves me wrong but at the moment I'm leaning on the side of he's just not good enough to break through.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

I think Sancho’s best possible position is that.

prateik

I've been more impressed by him than Amad (based on their appearances for us)

led_scholes

Elanga was a starter for almost half a year. Of course he would show more. But last year when both were bench warmers, Pellistri showed more than him. But that doesn't mean he is good enough for here. Definitely not yet.

Mr PG

ETH saw something in him that's why he's still around and not sold. He's an unusual player and ETH saw some attributes he feels he can build on himself...that's why he didn't send him on loan last season as Pellistri doesn't exactly just need games as they say. He plans to coach him in a certain way and that's why Pellistri stopped kicking up a storm to leave on loan. Specific development plans were communicated to him which he was okay with. I think one of the steps was switching him to the left with as well as improving his defensive awareness which was already quite apparent yesterday.

jesperjaap

Don't get me wrong he has got talent but he's 21, been on 2 loans where he hasn't really torn up trees. Yes he's a decent dribbler but I think everything else is average or lacking. Garnacho is a level above him and shows you the type of talent you need to be to break into this united squad and Garnacho is not even a Greenwood level talent. Amad who to me is also a level above Facundo is struggling to break into the squad. Then you look at the likes of Elanga who I think is better than Facundo and he was not good enough for us. We don't really have space to have Garnacho, Amad and Pellistri breaking into a team which has Rashford, Antony, Sancho and Mount who can play on the wings. Maybe he proves me wrong but at the moment I'm leaning on the side of he's just not good enough to break through.
All the players you mention have had more opporunties and minutes here. Pellestri was loaned to a side he wasnt played that much struggling against relegation and very defensive.....more comparable to Amd at Rangers.

We have seen so little of him bar international games, I dont see how you make all these individual judgements against the other players. Garnacho and Greenwood (who we cant curerntly really include in discussions as he still isnt decided upon) obviously are a level above the others as they have shown star quality. The little I have seen of Pellestri I like and the one big thing with him as an option on the right.....Sancho, Amad, Antony.....none of them have real genuine pace, Pellestri has, offers something very different to the other three who in different ways are pretty similar players.

I think Pellestri should go for the development of his own career as I dont think he gets the opportunities here, but I dont think that is actually the right decision from the club

sillwuka

He's an incredible dribbler and carrier of the ball. Wouldn't look out of place at Brighton with the way De Zerbi plays.

Hope he gets opportunities this season.

Abraxas

He's a good footballer in terms of technique. His basic ability is not bad at all.

He's a bit old school and playing crosses into the box was not a strength for us last season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
There's something in there, technically very very sound.

I'd still reckon a loan would do him nicely but if Eric deems otherwise then I suppose he has plans for him.

mavradal

Definitely prefer him over Sancho as a winger, hopefully he gets at least 10-15 games this season

Banana Republic

Pellistri is a real talent, but he needs more games to show if it will come to anything in this team and in the EPL.
A loan will not provide this at this stage.
If ETH is keen to have players fighting and competing for their own position (ala AWB v Dalot), then he should give Pellistri the nod over Antony for a few games.
Antony works hard and shows commitment, but attacking wise he's too one dimensional and top level defenders have just snuffed out any threat from him.
He needs to up his game in his second season.
What better way than having to fight for his place.

city-puma

ETH has played him as inverted winger on left twice during US tour, right? Probably, he will be part of the squad this season, rather than being loaned out.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
ETH has played him as inverted winger on left twice during US tour, right? Probably, he will be part of the squad this season, rather than being loaned out.
My guess is that Rashford will play games as a CF and when that happens Pellestri and Garancho will be the main options, whilst Sancho and Antony will be the same on the right, I think our new #9 will be eased in a bit more sparingly than we're expecting

Daily_Blind

To me, he's got a bit of the Joao Felix Syndrome ... great dribbling, great engine, good passing ability, but he lacks in terms of finishing ability. Someone else in here said he'd be better played centrally. I kind of agree with that.

city-puma

My guess is that Rashford will play games as a CF and when that happens Pellestri and Garancho will be the main options, whilst Sancho and Antony will be the same on the right, I think our new #9 will be eased in a bit more sparingly than we're expecting
I didn’t have chance to watch those two games, but from the highlights Pellestri did pretty well. It seems a very positive development for him.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I didn’t have chance to watch those two games, but from the highlights Pellestri did pretty well. It seems a very positive development for him.
I saw the Dortmund game, he played quite well but was hampered by the fact there was no CF to pass to and tried to do too much and just ran in to defenders or his final ball was lacking - the latter was the problem with Sancho as well, he has a great chance to put DvB in and undercooked the pass woefully

Banana Republic

I saw the Dortmund game, he played quite well but was hampered by the fact there was no CF to pass to and tried to do too much and just ran in to defenders or his final ball was lacking - the latter was the problem with Sancho as well, he has a great chance to put DvB in and undercooked the pass woefully
It’s been our glaring problem. No natural strikers or goal poachers with strikers anticipation and instinct.
Hopefully the new boy helps solve that problem, but we need another player of the same type In the squad.
You can’t blame Pellistri and Sancho if they’ve nobody to feed.