Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I'm a bit surprised at the comments here - thought he was really good.

He was a constant outlet for our play on the right, he had the beating of their LB (who decided to stay off him), there was some nice one touch passing with Mount and others, and a lot of getting into space. His first touch is very good. I think with some regular playing time, we'll see his confidence and execution improve.

I think he's got a big future here.

Also his gait reminds me of Messi...:cool:

quadrant

Maybe my only disappointment last night, thought he was well shackled. Going down the outside he rarely managed to make space for a cross, he lacks the physicalty to make space for it. When he cut inside he could make space and get involved, but he was so unwilling to use his left foot that he struggled to make the pass or shot that his position demanded. He kept shuffling it onto his right foot to shoot, but that gave time for the defender to recover, and it was no suprise that pretty much all his shots got blocked by defenders.

Sylar

I do wonder if him getting a deserved penalty v Bayern and again last night would have changed a few people's opinions. For me both are penalties.
Although I didn't see the one from last night again after the initial replay. From one angle they showed it seemed his foot was taken out them the defender cleared the ball

Gordon S

I do wonder if him getting a deserved penalty v Bayern and again last night would have changed a few people's opinions. For me both are penalties.
Although I didn't see the one from last night again after the initial replay. From one angle they showed it seemed his foot was taken out them the defender cleared the ball
The defender took his left leg way before he touched the ball, just went straight through him. Stonewall penalty really.

SAFMUTD

Disappointing with the lad I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. At this point he hasn't shown anything to suggest he'll make it here. He's 21, about to be 22 in December, he's been here for 3 years here already so I doubt he'll improve enough to actually become a player of the quality we need. I wouldnt be against selling him next summer, he's an Uruguay international so that helps maybe we can get 15-20M for him.

Ace of Spades

He has a good game overall. Should have had a pen, guess the fact he does not go down and whinge a bit means refs can ignore the pen. Still, VAR should be picking it up.

luke511

He has a good game overall. Should have had a pen, guess the fact he does not go down and whinge a bit means refs can ignore the pen. Still, VAR should be picking it up.
I thought so too, he started off a bit sloppy but grew into it. He has his obvious strengths like his speed, dribbling, directness and work rate, an asset to have as a squad player. His end product needs a bit of work but there’s potential there for that to improve after having such a stagnant 3 years here. From what I’ve seen he offers more to the table than Sancho.

Ace of Spades

I thought so too, he started off a bit sloppy but grew into it. He has his obvious strengths like his speed, dribbling, directness and work rate, an asset to have as a squad player. His end product needs a bit of work but there’s potential there for that to improve after having such a stagnant 3 years here. From what I’ve seen he offers more to the table than Sancho.
The end product should come with time and working on it. He should be a solid squad option at the least, not on crazy wages and seems to have a good attitude as well.

Idxomer

Lost the ball the most of anyone on the pitch, had some nice dribbles but didn't create any chances.

jesperjaap

Agree with this. I like him a lot but I just don't think it'll happen for him here, or at best as a back-up used very sparingly. He's way too weak for this level.

He's had many chances and doesn't seem to make much progress.

In his 1st year in English football, with no real #9 for pretty much the entire season. Come on, you're better than that, you know there's a context to it (even though he does need to work on his productivity of course). Antony would have been a massive upgrade on Pellistri last night, just by sheer virtue of doing the basics of the position so well.
How on earth do you come to the conclusion he has had "many chances" and not made much progress? He has probably made less starts here than the posts you have quoted with your responses

Craig Ward

Regarding rashford, if you dont see that his passing is one of his weapons, I dont know who you are watching...rashford consistently picks out hojlund or martial or shaw at least twice a game. You cant tell me that you dont see any difference between rashfords passing and pellistri. Rashford tries something..good or bad, pellistri doesnt even try.

Amad has had one 2 seasons on loan...and in my post I literally said that amad just has not had consistent opportunities at this level.

Hope you watched pellistri really well today...tidy winger, no cutting edge. Never beats a man when one on one. He can be a second option or third...but unless something drastic happens, he will never be our long term first option on the RW. How do I know that... because players with the same weaknesses have struggled for love at manutd. Anthony's woes paint a bleak future for pellistri
We will agree to disagree.

You think Rashford passing to Shaw TWICE in a game makes his passing unique and a real asset. Rashford is a goalscoring LW, he's never done the "traditional" LW role of beating a man and providing assists. It's just not his game.

But for Pellistri, yes there are weaknesses. But he is young and only now getting gametime for us. We cannot judge him until he plays, which he is now. I'll reserve my judgement until i've seen him regularly, not like plastic fans like yourself who have ruled him out already, while bigging up Amad, who has played even less than Pellistri. Your agenda is weak my friend.

Donut

He’s like Park, but without the defensive skills and iron lungs.

miked99

I fear he may have blown his chance. Bayern away was a really tough ask so I'm not really judging him on that. But he was invisible most of the Palace match. Started well, ended well but there was about 65 minutes inbetween where it was easy to forget he was even on the pitch.

That said, we're not exactly brimming with options so hopefully he'll get another crack against Palace on Saturday.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I fear he may have blown his chance. Bayern away was a really tough ask so I'm not really judging him on that. But he was invisible most of the Palace match. Started well, ended well but there was about 65 minutes inbetween where it was easy to forget he was even on the pitch.

That said, we're not exactly brimming with options so hopefully he'll get another crack against Palace on Saturday.
I actually think Ten Hag would have been impressed by his work rate and defensive tracking back. A lot of posters on here doubted his defensive ability.

Marwood

Disappointing with the lad I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. At this point he hasn't shown anything to suggest he'll make it here. He's 21, about to be 22 in December, he's been here for 3 years here already so I doubt he'll improve enough to actually become a player of the quality we need. I wouldnt be against selling him next summer, he's an Uruguay international so that helps maybe we can get 15-20M for him.
If somebody comes in with that kind of money he should definitely be sold.

I'm not convinced he's even Premier League material never mind United level.

quadrant

I'm really not sure what people see in Pellistri. I don't wish ill on the guy, I just haven't really seen any spark that makes me think he's United quality. The guy turns 22 at Christmas and he has 0 goals and 1 assist in 50 appearances since coming to Europe. I know players are still developing at 21, but equally, this is the point where players destined for the top begin to exert serious influence on games that they're in. Not just the odd pass or dribble, but meaningful match-changing contributions.

Jeffthered

I like him... but there's more he needs to add to his game, an edge, willingness to get hurt, be more chaotic to defend against.... I want our forwards to look like thay can cause problems whenever they receive the ball, even if they are not playing so well... Rashford does this, Garnacho also has this..Rasmus has shown this in glimpses but he needs time and decent, consistent service. Pellestri can play... but does he want to score goals, win matches? Or just be a tidy right -sided player?

So we have to see how he develops... and, how well he is coached. I don't think I have ever seen him really drop a shoulder, make some room and smash a shot at goal. But I like him, he's tidy on the ball, and doesn't give it away.He also gives us a nice natural balance, so he doesn't always have to go inside and squeeze our play. He's v young and I want to see more character, personality. I look at these players emerging at Citeh, and they play like they are ready.

Borninthe80ts

I really enjoyed his performance. Full of energy, linked well with teammates and was brave in taking the opponents on. With his dribbling style he will loose the ball but I think he adds a different dimension to our attack. Willing to take to full back on on the outside and try to get a cross in.

He will need to add composure to his game but with more game time I’m it’ll come.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This game was his 100th appearance in senior football, and he scored 2 goals only - both in Uruguarian league.
Wow. 5 assists too (4 in Uruguay). That sort of productivity won't be good enough for the top level long term. Still, he has a lot of plus sides to his game so he'll definitely forge a successful career long term lower down the table, somewhere in Europe.

miked99

Think he has to do something good today, otherwise that might be it for his chances.

lex talionis

An important point. Both were stonewall pens that were not given. That’s frustrating for a young footballer but life is unfair.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Yeah I'm sorry but he's not cut for this level. Cowardly performance for a United winger and seemed clueless in attacking positions. Not having a right winger made us so unbalanced even Antony offers more than this.

Genuine 1/10 performance.

zaafi

I like his quick feet and dribbling style, but he's just not it. No point in playing him. Why not play Bruno or Mount on the right and Mejbri in midfield?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Reading the earlier pages of this thread is hilarious

Telsim

A breeze is enough to knock him off the ball.

We don't have a single, quality RW as it stands. He is young at least.

Abraxas

Struggled hugely to make any kind of impression on and off the ball. When he did get it he couldn't compete physically.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Think the last week has explained why he's so much out of favor.

RuudTom83

I like his quick feet and dribbling style, but he's just not it. No point in playing him. Why not play Bruno or Mount on the right and Mejbri in midfield?
Hindsight is never wrong...but giving him back to back games wasn't a terrible idea on paper.

FerociousCorgis

Just don't see it unfortunately. For the most part just a clone of Dan James. Prob slightly better with the ball but physically offers less.

Ted Lasso

You could pick any right mid from the league even Luton and have a better outcome