2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

jesperjaap

Reminds me of when Ole did not play VDB and fans were upset. Then Ole got sacked and VDB was shown to be complete shite
The thing is, VDB was a average player when e signed him, was bever the right signing for me. Even weirder lots of people seemed to think when Ten Hag featured he would be a prominant player. The Akjx side of the last few years did very well but beying DeJOng and DeLigt, the other players were ot special, Tadic was average at SOuthampton, Neres has been average since moving.

In the case of Pellestri, we have seen very little of him to judge before he came here or sinc ehe came here, really just a few highlight reels for Uruguay. The fct he isnt even getting decent minutes from th ebech in our current predicament and with the performances of players playin gin his position is telling though. He mght not even be good enough, my gut feeling is he is a squad option, but a squad option that should be getting used

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The thing is, VDB was a average player when e signed him, was bever the right signing for me. Even weirder lots of people seemed to think when Ten Hag featured he would be a prominant player. The Akjx side of the last few years did very well but beying DeJOng and DeLigt, the other players were ot special, Tadic was average at SOuthampton, Neres has been average since moving.

In the case of Pellestri, we have seen very little of him to judge before he came here or sinc ehe came here, really just a few highlight reels for Uruguay. The fct he isnt even getting decent minutes from th ebech in our current predicament and with the performances of players playin gin his position is telling though. He mght not even be good enough, my gut feeling is he is a squad option, but a squad option that should be getting used
As Garnacho shows if the manager rated him he would use him

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Yea, no problem with that. Just sell him if you think he's shit. We are not asking him to be our first choice right winger. We are asking why he is not starting when 4 other right wingers are out. Stop giving out pointless contracts to players who the manager thinks is rubbish. Sell him while he still has some value. We will end up giving him away on a free like Bailly if he never gets a chance.
This is the part that doesn't add up to me. He's not rated, which is fair enough (I personally don't see anything special in him either)... But at the same time we're trying to sign him onto a new long-term contract while his current deal still has 2+1 years to go?!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This is the part that doesn't add up to me. He's not rated, which is fair enough (I personally don't see anything special in him either)... But at the same time we're trying to sign him onto a new long-term contract while his current deal still has 2+1 years to go?!
Makes no sense really. He's soon going to be 22, plays regularly for his national team but the manager clearly doesn't rate him at all and will not play him even when all other players in his natural position are out. What's the point of keeping him around if he's not going to even be a consideration under any circumstances whatsoever? Just let him go somewhere he can play, extending his contract is a ludicrous idea. You think he's horrible to a point where you'd rather play with 10 men than have him on the pitch, fair enough, but why keep him?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Whether he's good enough remains to be seen, fact of the matter is he's our only RW left standing. I do believe he's got talent so I hope he can offer us something.

crossy1686

career ending
Whether he's good enough remains to be seen, fact of the matter is he's our only RW left standing. I do believe he's got talent so I hope he can offer us something.
Europe is slower so it won't be as hectic as the PL. This game is probably going to be easy for him to have an impact in than playing at the weekend.

Winrar

Is this is his first start? Insane fixture for such occasion.

With most fans expecting to lose this fixture it might ironically not be a bad experience.

GoldanoGraham

Been calling for this for a while…..here’s hoping he tears up down the RW and feeds Rasmus for some great chances…..

And then gives us the answers for our RW problems…..

Go Facundo

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Well the kid's been waiting for a chance, we've all been saying he needs a go. No better time to show he's up to it. If he can play well at the Allianz Arena, he can play anywhere.

Hoof the ball

Reverse Pellistri cameo.

Instead of starting on the bench and playing the last five minutes......
he'll start the game, play the first five minutes and be subbed off for the other 85.

Jev

About time he got a proper chance. Hope he takes it, ETH seems to grasp at any excuse not to play him.

Oranges038

This is pure madness.

Playing a right footer on the right wing.

Never heard of such nonsense.

philippexyz

Throwing him into the fire in an away game against one of the best teams in the world. Why not? :D. We don't really have another RW in the squad available right now.

Good luck to you, young man. Hope you don't get overwhelmed by the occasion and show the world all the talent you (hopefully)have.

RuudTom83

C'mon Pellistri :devil:

I'm so bloody nervous for him now...but he should play with no fear. Leave that to Bruno and Casemiro

marktan

We've been holding him back and finally we're unleashing him, I feel a bit bad for Bayern, they don't know what they're in for

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Is this is his first start? Insane fixture for such occasion.

With most fans expecting to lose this fixture it might ironically not be a bad experience.
He started once before for us away at Betis last season. Exceptionally boring observation incoming, but he's going to have to work really hard out of possession to stop Alphonso Davies running rampant. What a great opportunity to play your way into the team though.

tomaldinho1

Go on Pelly. He’ll get space behind Davies but it just depends how much possession we have. He might just spend 90% of the game chasing that lightening bolt up and down the flank.

Bobski

Feel like is almost an Elanga style selection were he is being picked for his pace and workrate as much as his quality at the moment, but makes sense given the composition of the team. Hope he grabs his chance, have to be honest and say I am a bit bored of the left footed RW phase, would love to see a more classical RW opening up the game.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Huge test for him. Hope he does okay.

The_Midfielder

Feel like is almost an Elanga style selection were he is being picked for his pace and workrate as much as his quality at the moment, but makes sense given the composition of the team. Hope he grabs his chance, have to be honest and say I am a bit bored of the left footed RW phase, would love to see a more classical RW opening up the game.
He puts in an effort .. so put him in

Bayern Munich 4:3 Man Utd

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He must have been ridiculously good in training this week to start him against Bayern after not giving him any chance for the past two years?

But even if it wasn't good game for him(or anyone), he's proved he is nothing worse than Antony who had far worse games than this. And you can argue that Antony's average performance isn't much better than this anyway. Also the myth about not trusting him because he's shite defensively can finally die too.

Hopefully we see him against lower table PL opponents finally now.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought he was alright, especially as he's been thrown in the deep end. Another start vs Burnley would be nice to see.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Lots and lots of running and effort, but he's a bit lightweight... And he needed to gamble at the backpost a few times

acnumber9

Played like he’s a player that shouldn’t have been playing. No huge surprise but if he ever makes it at United I’ll eat my hat.

Telsim

He must have been ridiculously good in training this week to start him against Bayern after not giving him any chance for the past two years?

But even if it wasn't good game for him(or anyone), he's proved he is nothing worse than Antony who had far worse games than this. And you can argue that Antony's average performance isn't much better than this anyway. Also the myth about not trusting him because he's shite defensively can finally die too.

Hopefully we see him against lower table PL opponents finally now.
That's my takeaway, too. Not worse than Antony.

Malkovich

You guys are having a laugh that he hasn't been worse than Antony.

saivet

I'd give him a start at the weekend again but not convinced he has the quality to start long term. He wasn't good but no one was and it would be harsh to drop him and have someone out of position against Burnley. Don't perform against Burnley and then take him out of the starting 11

Based Adnan

Barely given any game time and then is put straight into the fire vs Bayern. Massively mismanaged.

ti vu

I thought he was alright, especially as he's been thrown in the deep end. Another start vs Burnley would be nice to see.
God no. The obsession over Pellistri for some people is very to Weghorst. Yes Pellistri looks like a different type of winger and may offer something different to the frustrating Antony, Sancho, but he's so out of his depth that he's pretty irrelevant for most minute and can mess up very few chances falling his way.

Offer nothing. Ideally Rashford shouldn't play on the right, but the level Pellistri shows, I would rather play Rashford there for the odd moment.