Gaming Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (PC, PS4) | Season 4 is Live - 7 New levels

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yea slime climb can feck right off.

Just played fall mountain for the first time in a 12 man final. I’m not sure if I jumped and missed the crown or if I was just beat by a millisecond.

Tiber

Slime Climb is fecking brutal compared to the rest. I have never finished it.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Yea slime climb can feck right off.

Just played fall mountain for the first time in a 12 man final. I’m not sure if I jumped and missed the crown or if I was just beat by a millisecond.
I've read when it comes down you need to jump and also press grab

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not reading 12 pages to see if it's been posted, but:

If someone is waiting at the top I always dive over them. Even if they grab me after at least I’m not on the slime anymore.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I saw a great clip a day or two ago where two people at the top were running to knock a third person coming up into the slime, the person jumped and dived over them and the two players fell into the slime. Wish I recorded the link somewhere but it was a tweet in reply to one of the Fall Guys patch note tweets yesterday.
I haven't played the game so none of that makes sense to me, I only saw the clip yesterday and thought it looked nuts. Might pick it up.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I swear I always get put on yellow. Especially when they have less players.

hobbers

You'd think they'd have put in a basic mechanism to stop churning out team games when there are unequal numbers, hardly rocket science to do that.

In practice it doesn't make a huge amount of difference because there's usually a load of useless people on every team, but it's still needless and annoying. Much like Royal Rumble.

Slime Climb is easily the best race event. Mainly because it's the only one that has an element of danger and thus more skill involved.

Faetheshire86

You'd think they'd have put in a basic mechanism to stop churning out team games when there are unequal numbers, hardly rocket science to do that.

In practice it doesn't make a huge amount of difference because there's usually a load of useless people on every team, but it's still needless and annoying. Much like Royal Rumble.

Slime Climb is easily the best race event. Mainly because it's the only one that has an element of danger and thus more skill involved.
I think the philosophy of the game is that they don't want the "best" players to make it to the final every time, hence the team games, the RNG etc. I think that's what makes the game so great. I see the uneven numbers as just another part of that, sometimes you're 5, sometimes you're 6, sometimes you get a good team, sometimes bad, sometimes the gold ring spawns in front of you, sometimes it doesn't.

Slime Climb is also one of my favorite races, it's basically a free trip to the final. But I have been discussing with friends how healthy it is for the game. It definitely feels like the odd man out in terms of the skill to luck balance. Someone suggested having a ranked playlist, where all the races have slime and maybe less safety barriers, it could be a cheap way to add content, but I think it could potentially lose it's innocence if the cater to the tryhards (like me :D).

Faetheshire86

On the fruit one I've seen the vids of people grabbing but how do they throw the others off with force?
I'm not too sure how the mechanics work with grabbing, so this might be wrong, however I think it is more to do with the how the person being grabbed reacts.

When you get grabbed, the way to break it is to either jump or wait for them to let go. When you jump, the other person can impart some of there momentum on to you if they are pushing forward. I think the secret to not getting pushed off is to do very little. Just counter grab and push back.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm not too sure how the mechanics work with grabbing, so this might be wrong, however I think it is more to do with the how the person being grabbed reacts.

When you get grabbed, the way to break it is to either jump or wait for them to let go. When you jump, the other person can impart some of there momentum on to you if they are pushing forward. I think the secret to not getting pushed off is to do very little. Just counter grab and push back.
Yeah, it is all about how the other person reacts to being grabbed.

Ainu

I love how selective Slime Climb is. It's given me several finals with only a handful of people after just a couple of rounds. I rarely fail on it anymore so it's great for me. A round like Perfect Match on the other hand is completely pointless. It never seems to eliminate more than one or two people. It feels like a waste of a round and isn't even fun to play. It's unquestionably the worst round by a huge margin and should just be scrapped and never seen again.

Minkaro

I think Perfect March would be more interesting if they were able to make it so it was random what appeared on each individual’s screen.

So rather than everyone having to go watermelon, you’ve got some needing to go there, some needing to go cherry, some needing to go banana.

I don't know if that’s feasible from a technical standpoint, but it’d stop people congregating on the one spot.

United Hobbit

I also feel like I'm always on yellow, which is the one people tend to gang up on. I guarded a golden egg for most of the game last night (I didn't collect it) these 2 people kept trying to get it off me and i pinned it in the corner :lol:

That Slime Mountain video where they get taken out after finally making it up the top- as someone who has yet to make it past half way of slime Mountain if I finally got to the top and that happened I think id lose my s**t! Love the karma video where the person they intended to take out dives over them and they knock each other into the slime instead.

Whirligig is very hit and miss, i always forget to jump on those yellow boxes then get knocked down as i re route, i know people on here have said you can pull yourself up but i have yet to master that

2 wins overall for me so far and a win in the "Dizzy" round

I think Slime Mountain would make a great final as from reading the thread its the hardest game for a lot of people, though I think id cry if I got to the final and got that

Faetheshire86

I lost a tail in the final round with like 4 seconds to go right about this time. I'd think the chances are low but i now hate you just in case.
Could be worse, I had a few 0 seconds tail grabs yesterday. Was pretty proud of the last one, using the speed boost... then I imagine it's some kid who hasn't won yet and I feel bad!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Could be worse, I had a few 0 seconds tail grabs yesterday. Was pretty proud of the last one, using the speed boost... then I imagine it's some kid who hasn't won yet and I feel bad!

God bless the people who mindlessly chase which allows us to cut them off :lol:

Ainu

That shit at the 20 second mark is what I really hate about Royal Fumble. Your tail is grabbed from a million miles away. There's no way that should ever happen. I guess this might be due to timing differences between you and the server or something but if your visual information is not reliable, it becomes a bit of a lottery.

b82REZ

I keep consistently getting to the final and then absolutely shit my pants and usually come last.

Missed out on first on the crown one by a fraction of a second. On the hexagon maze I was on the top for ages, fell and dropped onto a single tile on the bottom floor.

I agree the pair game is shit, and I'm not mad on the one where you jump through rings. The rest of the games are excellent though.

b82REZ

God bless the people who mindlessly chase which allows us to cut them off :lol:
I tried your tactic of hiding on the ramp but my timing must be way off because I couldn't get close to anyone with a tail as they ran past.

United Hobbit

I've just properly made my boyfriend appalled at my luck (who may be slightly jealous i have 3 wins to his one)

I got into the semi final with that one where you follow the path and only certain tiles are legit- only at the end i forget to dive, miss the jump and am probably plummeting into the abyss (others must have fallen further back?) Only to then be informed ive qualified :lol:

I then have the tail final, manage to get the tail with 20 seconds left and manage to scuttle past someone who was millimetres away from taking my tail, meanwhile he's had his taken twice in the last seconds! :lol:

I like that its so accessible to all levels of ability, he's more a higher ability of gamer than me but I'm the one who has more wins so far

Hope we get even more levels

Last edited:

macheda14

Slime is actually quit easy if you just remain super patient. I feel the two tricky moments are the second wall pushers - the two thicker ones about midway, there you just have to wait for them to move out of sync. And the bloody round yellow beams that you have to balance across, that part is just skill.

I did finaaaaally win a whole game yesterday after about 40 attempts. Was a glorious feeling, which was swiftly followed by me getting to the final in the next game. It was tail grab and I bloody grabbed their tail in the last second, but the game finished before it transferred to me.

Ainu

Slime is actually quit easy if you just remain super patient. I feel the two tricky moments are the second wall pushers - the two thicker ones about midway, there you just have to wait for them to move out of sync. And the bloody round yellow beams that you have to balance across, that part is just skill.

I did finaaaaally win a whole game yesterday after about 40 attempts. Was a glorious feeling, which was swiftly followed by me getting to the final in the next game. It was tail grab and I bloody grabbed their tail in the last second, but the game finished before it transferred to me.
Yeah those two wall pushers are the main stumbling block for relative newcomers. Once you get a feeling for it, you can just wait for the opportune moment without stressing. There's still a risk that other players cause you to stumble so you won't make it in time, so a little bit of luck is still needed.

Minkaro

IIRC, the slime one has no limit on qualifiers? So you’re really only racing the slime, so it makes sense not to get caught up in rushing to finish first. The only penalty would be smaller rewards, but at least you’d go through?

I've just properly made my boyfriend appalled at my luck (who may be slightly jealous i have 3 wins to his one)

I got into the semi final with that one where you follow the path and only certain tiles are legit- only at the end i forget to dive, miss the jump and am probably plummeting into the abyss (others must have fallen further back?) Only to then be informed ive qualified :lol:

I then have the tail final, manage to get the tail with 20 seconds left and manage to scuttle past someone who was millimetres away from taking my tail, meanwhile he's had his taken twice in the last seconds! :lol:

I like that its so accessible to all levels of ability, he's more a higher ability of gamer than me but I'm the one who has more wins so far

Hope we get even more levels
I’ve had the same on the pathfinder one. Missed my jump at the end, and could see my guy falling...behind the qualified message. Think they’ve got the finish line a bit off there.

Ainu

Talking about Slime Climb, this weird thought popped into my head. Is there a limit on the amount of people getting eliminated? Do you automatically qualify if enough players fall into the slime, even if you don't reach the finish line? If not, couldn't you become the outright winner during this round if all other players fall into the slime? Or does the whole game end without a winner?

I've had games where only 4 players qualified from Slime Climb even as early as the second round, so surely this scenario has already happened.

Damien

Staff
Talking about Slime Climb, this weird thought popped into my head. Is there a limit on the amount of people getting eliminated? Do you automatically qualify if enough players fall into the slime, even if you don't reach the finish line? If not, couldn't you become the outright winner during this round if all other players fall into the slime? Or does the whole game end without a winner?

I've had games where only 4 players qualified from Slime Climb even as early as the second round, so surely this scenario has already happened.
Yes, there has been an occasion where it has been the first round (allegedly) and ended up with just 1 person winning.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

There is a max. number of players that can be eliminated. If that maximum has been reached, then the remaining survivors qualify to the next round (or win if there's only 1 survivor).

Ainu

There is a max. number of players that can be eliminated. If that maximum has been reached, then the remaining survivors qualify to the next round (or win if there's only 1 survivor).
Really? Are you sure of that? Because according to the UI, Slime Climb only has a qualification limit, not an elimination limit.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Really? Are you sure of that? Because according to the UI, Slime Climb only has a qualification limit, not an elimination limit.
Never mind, I confused it with another game mode. In that case, you have to finish the course. If you don't, and no one does, then everyone's eliminated, and the episode ends without a winner.

United Hobbit

IIRC, the slime one has no limit on qualifiers? So you’re really only racing the slime, so it makes sense not to get caught up in rushing to finish first. The only penalty would be smaller rewards, but at least you’d go through?

I’ve had the same on the pathfinder one. Missed my jump at the end, and could see my guy falling...behind the qualified message. Think they’ve got the finish line a bit off there.
Thats the one I was referring to just couldn't remember the name of it interesting you've had the same. Not that I'm complaining ;)

Damien

Staff
Nice of them to hand out a Legendary costume for free. Now all I need is a Legendary colour scheme.

Has anyone experienced the new final mode yet?

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Nice of them to hand out a Legendary costume for free. Now all I need is a Legendary colour scheme.

Has anyone experienced the new final mode yet?
Experienced it in the beta and usually only 2 platforms remain at the end, then its pot luck which platform goes then, we'll that's what happened for me could of changed slightly.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

I think probably half my wins have been grabbing a tail right at the end. I’ve also found I can burn half a minute in a tails match just by running around in a circle in a middle. The camera angles make it difficult to keep a bead on you and people don’t expect you to just run in circles.