Gaming Fallout 4

Leg-End

It doesn't look mind blowing graphically and this atleast lessens the chance that the trailer is full of the usual bullshots.

Bigger world, decent story and no game breaking release bugs is all I want from a Fallout game, give me that and you get my £40.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It doesn't look mind blowing graphically and this atleast lessens the chance that the trailer is full of the usual bullshots.

Bigger world, decent story and no game breaking release bugs is all I want from a Fallout game, give me that and you get my £40.
Pretty much this!

space

So excited for this, been waiting for sooooooooo long, I want it already

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Does look a bit samey. I'm more interested in the gameplay changes.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
If people think Fallout 3 looked like that I suggest you go back and play it again. Not saying it's the greatest looking game but it's Bethesda...
Obviously it's an improvement from fallout 3...but it looks like a cross gen game. I was hoping a new engine would bring a brand new look to the game and make it feel like a fresher experience

I would also say that obliviom, fallout 3 and Skyrim looked really great at the times of their release. I can't say the same about this game

Bebe

Looks more colourful than fallout 3, but not close to as good looking as the witcher 3 for example. I'm not usually one to care so much about graphics, but I was really hoping to see what this might look like with cutting edge image quality.

JackXX

@Shark Fallout 3 isn't a great looking game a few screenshots won't change my mind on that. I can't say I've played it on PC though so maybe you can get it looking really good but IDK all I'm saying is it will be a much better looking game from the 360/PS3 version.
@Attila fair enough I just never had big expectations in terms of the graphics for this game. The only REALLY good looking games so far have been Ryse & The Order. There are others that have their moments too but other than that nothing has blown me away.

Last edited:

Flying_Heckfish

Ill be buying this regardless. I've been smitten since Oblivion (never played Morrowind unfortunately).

There will be bugs and odd voice acting. Questlines that go nowhere and annoying characters. It'll be great.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Can this be played as a stand-alone? Or do you have to of experienced the previous ones?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Can this be played as a stand-alone? Or do you have to of experienced the previous ones?
Yeah each game is in a different location and different story.

@One Night Only Its like Skyrim in a post apocalyptic world with guns. It's an RPG with FPS combat (although the fps side of it isn't that good, its more about the exploration)

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Never played a fallout game, what are they? FPS?
It's a bit like every Bethesda's game now. A bit buggy but you're gonna love it for it's NPC's, atmosphere and million other aspects.

You can play it from FPS perspective but optional aiming style makes it still something unique to this day.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Cant wait for this. Me and a few at work have been checking daily for months for any news possible :lol:

I don't really care that the graphics are not up there with the newest and best games. What made fallout the best game I've played is the storey, the size of the maps, and the ability to do so much

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
So pleased I upgraded to a PS4. Although I've still only played like 30 minutes of New Vegas...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hmm. It does look very carbon-copy of the previous game. I'll keep my hype reserved.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What were you expecting?
A change in the engine at the very least. I'm not one to harp on for graphics but it does look a bit underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, it'll still probably be a great game, but five years down the line you'd expect something excellent.

Iron Stove

I like that it looks so blue instead of brown.

If the writing and quests are good I'll buy it. I'm also afraid that this is the game where they'll introduce paid mods (again).

Nickosaur

Cant wait for this. Me and a few at work have been checking daily for months for any news possible :lol:

I don't really care that the graphics are not up there with the newest and best games. What made fallout the best game I've played is the storey, the size of the maps, and the ability to do so much
Peter?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
"Pre-order Fallout 4 and get 20% off your next purchase on the Bethesda Store! (A 20% off code will be emailed to you after purchase. 20% off excludes games, pre-sale, deposit and sale items. Codes expire October 31, 2015.)

THIS IS A PRE-SALE ITEM.
You will be charged the total amount at the time of purchase. This amount is fully refundable if the order is canceled before the ship date.

Your entire order will be held until this product becomes available. The current estimated ship date is TBA 2015.

Ship date subject to change without notice. We will always update this product page with the latest information we have.

ESTIMATED SHIP DATE: TBA 2015."
http://store.bethsoft.com/fallout-4.html

Green man gaming and Amazon also have it listed as 2015. Would be great if it comes out this year

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
From the screenshots the wasteland look a bit cleaner and perhaps less irradiated. Project Purity at work ? Still it looks like a good old shit hole you want to detonate with a nuke.

Would love if they could write the storyline for the remainings of the Enclave, perhaps Alien visitors again in some DLC would be sweet too.

Maybe this time Bill Clinton will say yes...

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It's not particularly great if it comes out this year, it needs more work if it's not to be a typical Bethseda buggy mess.
Maybe it will be better this time because it seems like its the same game engine as before? They should be used to it by now. Plus the poor graphics might mean a solid framerate on playstation for once. If this game is buggy on release as well then its become a bit of a joke with them

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Maybe it will be better this time because it seems like its the same game engine as before? They should be used to it by now. Plus the poor graphics might mean a solid framerate on playstation for once. If this game is buggy on release as well then its become a bit of a joke with them
It's not ready for a proper 2015 release afaik. Then again few games are given the time to be released complete these days.

As for the engine, most are old engines, there's no need to write a completely new one for this gen especially. Very few ever are, the most notable being GTA4 of recent times. Besides, we have no idea yet of the likes of the A.I and physics levels and what's going on in the game, comparisons with the Witcher may be off on that front since we already know what that offers (decent graphics, but merely functional AI and physics).

I like that it looks so blue instead of brown.

If the writing and quests are good I'll buy it. I'm also afraid that this is the game where they'll introduce paid mods (again).
It'a going to be interesting what route they take there. Paid mods in themselves aren't the problem, it's whether they are tied to Steam only under those shite terms they tried.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
To be honest Fallout 3 still getting random freezes to this day even on modern machines. I'm almost certain premiere will get series of delays due to some engine overload with bugs, memory leaks and typical ridiculous Bethesda's farts like being stuck between rocks game breakers. No escaping from that.

Good news is that New Vegas was almost there with stability... almost. Next logical step would be a stable game or they'll just feck that one up real good.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It's not ready for a proper 2015 release afaik. Then again few games are given the time to be released complete these days.

As for the engine, most are old engines, there's no need to write a completely new one for this gen especially. Very few ever are, the most notable being GTA4 of recent times. Besides, we have no idea yet of the likes of the A.I and physics levels and what's going on in the game, comparisons with the Witcher may be off on that front since we already know what that offers (decent graphics, but merely functional AI and physics).
Ah, I was under impression that it looked a bit dated because it had started off for the old consoles or something like that and it needed a new engine to make it look more in line with recent releases. Didn't consider anything like physics or AI.

I've just been playing some New Vegas on the 360...I thought it was meant to run pretty well on that console but you still get very bad framerate drops on it ever 15 seconds. Don't think I can be bothered with it. Maybe one day on PC

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Has the first bug been discovered? (Floating man)

The trees look a bit questionable

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Anyone else think that at least some parts of that trailer were fake? At the end the when the guy is with the dog, his body moves a bit rubbery - which to me is what I always see with movie CGI.

Still pumped up though, love me some Fallout.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Anyone else think that at least some parts of that trailer were fake? At the end the when the guy is with the dog, his body moves a bit rubbery - which to me is what I always see with movie CGI.
I just looked at the bit you mentioned. I don't think its fake but just bad animation (I read they don't use motion capture which I think is where you get real people to do the movements). The dog at 2.20 is pretty funny when it turns.

Kaos

I was actually quite underwhelmed by the trailer. Not sure I like the idea of Boston either.

I just hope they fix up the third person and not make it look like you're moonwalking on iceskates.