Gaming Fallout 4

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I went with Shopto earlier, always do for pre-orders.
Yeah I always use them when I want a game before release (Skyrim, GTA 5 and Dragon Age: Inquisition). Fallout 4 I'm not too bothered about after that trailer

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Yeah I always use them when I want a game before release (Skyrim, GTA 5 and Dragon Age: Inquisition). Fallout 4 I'm not too bothered about after that trailer
Just wait until a few weeks before release, hype train will be travelling pretty fast then! :lol:

Bojan11

I find it strange people dismiss games on the basis of trailers. Let's see how they play. Graphics don't mean everything. Some of the best looking games this gen have played like shit. As long as the gameplay is good then I'm happy.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I find it strange people dismiss games on the basis of trailers. Let's see how they play. Graphics don't mean everything. Some of the best looking games this gen have played like shit. As long as the gameplay is good then I'm happy.
It's not just that, people bitch and moan that games don't look like the trailers, because they are mostly faked, yet this one actually looks real enough and people bitch and moan :lol:

But yeah lets wait and see, after all as I've said, these machines aren't really capable of next gen graphics mixed with next gen A.I and physics, so some games will look pretty and be functional (witcher) whilst others will look ok, but excell in other areas. Hopefully this has a balance!

It's not all about shiney graphics, and if it is, then people are wasting their time with consoles anyway.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It's not just that, people bitch and moan that games don't look like the trailers, because they are mostly faked, yet this one actually looks real enough and people bitch and moan :lol:
I can't help it. I expected better! Whether my expectations were wrong considering the hardware I'm not sure...but some of the game looks rough as shit. Honestly it looks like a cross gen game to me.

Redlambs

I can't help it. I expected better! Whether my expectations were wrong considering the hardware I'm not sure...but some of the game looks rough as shit. Honestly it looks like a cross gen game to me.
Like I say it depends what else it's doing in the engine. If not a lot, then yeah moan away matey! :)

If they put proper cpus in these things, we wouldn't be having these discussions :(

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
A lot of people consider New Vegas to be better than 3
I'm one of them. Fallout New Vegas with the sniper rifle is just the most fun I've ever had in a Fallout game. The weapon mechanics in 3 are pretty shit in comparison.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Like I say it depends what else it's doing in the engine. If not a lot, then yeah moan away matey! :)

If they put proper cpus in these things, we wouldn't be having these discussions :(
Sorry I only saw the first of your quote when I replied! Not sure what happened there, didn't mean to misquote you

I've been reading the reddit discussion on it and so many people go on about how "real gamers don't care about graphics". I find it so annoying because I play Dragon Age Inquisition a lot because of how nice the environments look and I think it helps with immersion of the game. Like Fallout 3 and Skyrim have shitty combat (in my opinion anyway) and the appealing thing about the game is the environment....if that part looks poor then it is really disappointing.

There's been a lot of discussion on forums about how the publishers wanted to repeat the 20m Skyrim sales and weren't sure about how the new gen will sell so the game was made for both generations. People think that either the last gen version has been pulled because of the poor sales on them consoles (even Ass Creed and COD have moved away now) or it may end up being announced at a later date. Would be annoying if the game gets held back by old consoles

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I'm one of them. Fallout New Vegas with the sniper rifle is just the most fun I've ever had in a Fallout game. The weapon mechanics in 3 are pretty shit in comparison.
Do you have any plans on reviving the Age of Empires conversation? I still remember that game where we got absolutely shit on by the other team and somehow managed to win it with me sacrificing my base and rebuilding in your town :lol:

I wish I kept the recording of the game because its probably the most fun I've had on multiplayer

Redlambs

Sorry I only saw the first of your quote when I replied! Not sure what happened there, didn't mean to misquote you

I've been reading the reddit discussion on it and so many people go on about how "real gamers don't care about graphics". I find it so annoying because I play Dragon Age Inquisition a lot because of how nice the environments look and I think it helps with immersion of the game. Like Fallout 3 and Skyrim have shitty combat (in my opinion anyway) and the appealing thing about the game is the environment....if that part looks poor then it is really disappointing.

There's been a lot of discussion on forums about how the publishers wanted to repeat the 20m Skyrim sales and weren't sure about how the new gen will sell so the game was made for both generations. People think that either the last gen version has been pulled because of the poor sales on them consoles (even Ass Creed and COD have moved away now) or it may end up being announced at a later date. Would be annoying if the game gets held back by old consoles
Well imagine how PC gamers feel, they've been held back for 9 years!

But yes, graphics do have a large and important role to play, immersion is a big factor for games. Of course graphics solely is wrong, and gameplay should always be king (Morrowind is one of the greatest games ever made, despite the ancient combat, because everything comes together), but there's nothing wrong with people who want next gen graphics out of their shiney new expensive machines.

I've always hated the modern trend towards bullshots suckering people in, but I don't call graphics junkies non-gamers. I worry about the state of minds of people who actually love The Order or Ryse though, considering they are purely graphics showcases.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Well imagine how PC gamers feel, they've been held back for 9 years!

But yes, graphics do have a large and important role to play, immersion is a big factor for games. Of course graphics solely is wrong, and gameplay should always be king (Morrowind is one of the greatest games ever made, despite the ancient combat, because everything comes together), but there's nothing wrong with people who want next gen graphics out of their shiney new expensive machines.

I've always hated the modern trend towards bullshots suckering people in, but I don't call graphics junkies non-gamers. I worry about the state of minds of people who actually love The Order or Ryse though, considering they are purely graphics showcases.
I actually played about ten hours of Morrowind before my PC's graphics card died. I really liked it (had to use a mod for the slow movement though) and the world seemed so alien and immersive compared to Oblivion and Skyrim. Going to be the first game I go back to when I get a decent PC.

Games like The Order and Ryse have zero appeal to me so I'm not one of those people who think graphics should come first. Fallout 4 just looks like a enhanced old game right now...not what I expected from them at all. The sequence of the boy with the cap running could have fooled me into thinking it was a last gen game

Edit - Do you think its worth paying any attention to people saying it was initially a cross gen game?

Redlambs

I actually played about ten hours of Morrowind before my PC's graphics card died. I really liked it (had to use a mod for the slow movement though) and the world seemed so alien and immersive compared to Oblivion and Skyrim. Going to be the first game I go back to when I get a decent PC.

Games like The Order and Ryse have zero appeal to me so I'm not one of those people who think graphics should come first. Fallout 4 just looks like a enhanced old game right now...not what I expected from them at all. The sequence of the boy with the cap running could have fooled me into thinking it was a last gen game

Edit - Do you think its worth paying any attention to people saying it was initially a cross gen game?
Yes, because it was. But it's nonsense to suggest that the game can't look next-gen because of that. Sure depending on how much time they've spent on scaling the assets, it will be held back in some way, but it's a lot like turning up the settings on a PC game, if done right it can look a totally different game.

Oh and I wouldn't read too much into stuff on Reddit and the likes of Neogaf. They are great for news, and occasionally you get people who actually know what they are talking about, but most is just trash.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yes, because it was. But it's nonsense to suggest that the game can't look next-gen because of that. Sure depending on how much time they've spent on scaling the assets, it will be held back in some way, but it's a lot like turning up the settings on a PC game, if done right it can look a totally different game.

Oh and I wouldn't read too much into stuff on Reddit and the likes of Neogaf. They are great for news, and occasionally you get people who actually know what they are talking about, but most is just trash.
You make it sound like it's simple to switch a game between different console generations? I thought it would be a difficult process (I don't know anything about it though).

What do you mean by next gen physics? I'm not sure what that stuff means entirely :lol:

Edit - And yes you are right about reddit and neogaf! Reddit especially is full of shit

Shark

@NotShark
The lighting looks very GTA 5ish on the PS4/Xbox One. Other than that, they are really nothing special.

Nickosaur

I wasn't expecting much more than a next-gen Fallout. There's still plenty to be revealed so it's far too early to be writing it off. Besides, the Fallout games have never been pretty have they. I was impressed with the trailer's aesthetics, lighting and colour palette in particular. But I don't play Fallout for the graphics. I play it for the Jet. I'm hooked.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Cannot wait for this! Some right bloody doom-mongers in this thread.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Big step up in quality from Skyrim.
I completely agree, I'm not sure why so many people think that there isn't a big improvement. I think some people are either only thinking about what the other games look like based on old memories or the modding communities' hi res texture packs.

Whatever the reason is, its refreshing to see a video for a current gen AAA game that isn't an obvious bullshot/fake trailer that ends up in being downgraded for the final product.

Last edited:

Redlambs

I completely agree, I'm not sure why so many people think that there isn't a big improvement. I think some people are either only thinking about what the other games look like based on old memories or the modding communities' hi res texture packs.

Whatever the reason is, its refreshing to see a video for a current gen AAA game that isn't an obvious bullshot/fake trailer that ends up in being downgraded for the final product.
Meh, just goes to show how people really are effected by advertising. Sadly it seems people are happy to have scaled back versions of what they were suckered in by over images of what they'll actually get.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I've never played any of Fallout games for more than an hour (tried New Vegas but had plenty of more appealing titles for me to play at the time so I put it aside and never went back, traded it in soon) but I intend to get into it finally. What put me off Fallout on PS3 were these immense bugs that populated the in-game world, nothing that disgusts me more than an oversized bee.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Release date 11th October 2015.

I wait 7 years in hope of Fallout 4 and when it finally comes out I will be on the other side of the world to my PS4. :|

JackXX

This looks absolutely amazing :drool:

I wait 7 years in hope of Fallout 4 and when it finally comes out I will be on the other side of the world to my PS4. :|
I read November 10th?

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fallout 3 is still a great game.

New Vegas, not so much.

Looking forward to this, I love these sandbox games.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

November 10th, because Americans have a stupid way of dating stuff.

Ainu

I don't like the idea of the base building, nor do I see the point of it in the context of the game. That stuff always feels like a chore to me. I want to wander around and explore, not settle down. Fortunately it looks like it will be a great game regardless.

vanthaman

Winner
I don't like the idea of the base building, nor do I see the point of it in the context of the game. That stuff always feels like a chore to me. I want to wander around and explore, not settle down. Fortunately it looks like it will be a great game regardless.
They said it's totally optional, it's there if you want to use it.

I don't think I will need anymore games this year once this is released

Nickosaur

I think the base building looks pretty neat. Think it will appeal to different people, but I'll definitely be making use of it.

Crafting / customising weapons looks fun too - might be more tempted to use melee if I can make ridiculous baseball bats/swords etc.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
It's optional.

Castia

I'm not usually one to care about the graphics but they look completely shite, inside the house looks like something from early PS3.

Ainu

I know the base building is optional, I'm just put off by the idea that devs nowadays have to cram so many side activities into games that don't necessarily add to the game. Blame Ubisoft.