Far Cry 4

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
So someone play a preview version and it's pretty much identical to Far Cry 3.

Pretty disappointing

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
That was an excellent game to be fair.
Yeah I loved it although
They killed Vaas way to early

For the forth one I was expecting something different where as it's looking almost like a exact copy of the 3rd one with a bit of snow.

Nickosaur

I saw a video where one of the developers used a little one man gyrocopter thing and was firing out of it with a grenade launcher. That looked really cool.

vanthaman

Winner
So someone play a preview version and it's pretty much identical to Far Cry 3.

Pretty disappointing
This is what I'm afraid of, absolutely loved 3 .and put hours and hours into it but like with Fallout 3 which is in my top 3 of all time I couldn't get into New Vegas as it was exactly the same game with a new story/setting and after spending 120 hours on fallout 3 only to start again from scratch is a bit of a killer. Especially wih this being a cross gen title

Browniee

Awesome. Far Cry 3 was great fun.
Really was wasn't it. Loved far cry for the PC, far cry 2 was decent. I got a platinum trophy for far cry 3 didn't even realise till months after.
Hope they continue with the great form

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
This is what I'm afraid of, absolutely loved 3 .and put hours and hours into it but like with Fallout 3 which is in my top 3 of all time I couldn't get into New Vegas as it was exactly the same game with a new story/setting and after spending 120 hours on fallout 3 only to start again from scratch is a bit of a killer. Especially wih this being a cross gen title
There's a few new things in the game(Elephants,Helicopter,Shooting while Driving, Map layout is better)but there's not enough in there to really call it a brand new game. Also there's still the old stuff from the previous game, the outpost are still there(To capture the outposts it's the exact same as Far Cry 3) and the radio towers are still there as well.

So there's the odd new bit here and there but again there's nowhere near enough to get me interested in it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is the formula tho isn't it? Reiterate... seriously, as long as we keep throwing money at them this is how it will go with most of the big franchises. It's happening with Battlefield, AC... we already know about COD and Fifa. I hear all your complaints but we've kind of brought it on ourselves...

Nickosaur

I'll probably grab it after Christmas when it comes down in price.

LS17

I only got Far Cry 3 not too long ago and I think it's amazing. The graphics are still very good so if they've made them even better i'm sure it'll look fantastic, however I think it'll be a very hard task to create a better villain than Vaas!

Only think i'd say they need to improve is the fight sequences against the main bad guys, they were pretty poor ways to end it.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
:eek: to your :eek:

You trying to suggest there was much variation in it at all? Vaas was excellent, and I thought it was a well done game overall, but all the bits to do were very shallow. I'm aware that's right up your alley, but there's nothing much under the surface. I was really hoping they'd work on it for this one.
I platinumed it and was truly addicted to the game. Loved it

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I platinumed it and was truly addicted to the game. Loved it
Fair enough, it's a decent game.

I thought it was very solid in the shooting and obviously graphics, but the story was pretty dull (Vaas aside of course) and the hunting and all that a good, but shallow, start. I still hope this one is deeper and not just a re-skin with a few additions.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wouldn't be too disappointed if it was very similar to far cry 3, just a different setting with a few improvements and next gen graphics. It was a great game in itself and games like that I'm not sure what they can make that's really different other then the setting and improving the graphics. It is in the end just a newer version of the game.

vanthaman

Winner
I really liked the hunting missions you'd get when clearing an outpost, they were my favourite, hopefully plenty In 4

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'll have to go back to FC3, it was good... but top 3-5? Maybe I'll see where you guys are coming from...

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
The first Far-cry for the PC was superb. Truly breathtaking scenery and graphics. Thought 2 was good but not as good as the first one, then fell completely in love with Far-cry 3. This looks just as good and I can't wait to play it. Loving the fact you can get elephants to do some enemy camp clearing for you.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I'll have to go back to FC3, it was good... but top 3-5? Maybe I'll see where you guys are coming from...
Yeah. Not even top 5 of last gen for me even though I loved the game.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
It's looking sublime. Great animals, apparently great mechanics, more variety in the landscape... Himalayas, mountain climbing :drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That looks brilliant. Do you play as the same character? What I didn't like about far cry 3 was the the main character and his friends.

Leg-End

Another game, another Troy Baker voice acting gig.

I think this has twisted my arm to buy it at release, I like the vareity of the environments.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Am really tempted to buy this. I loved 3 (after getting annoyed with the whole malaria pills mechanic in 2), but just trying to figure out when I am going to have time to play it!

I still have mileage in AC4 Black Flag...still play Madden and am currently playing lots of FIFA.

And GTAV is out on the same day, which is a definite purchase for me.

And the next Assassins' Creed....which I am also tempted by (although the whole limiting resolution thing annoyed me).

Bugger.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Launch trailer... also, 8 minutes.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Looks like Far Cry 3 on a different map. I'll still buy it though.

Kaos

Played this a bit at Eurogamer exp and remember not being totally impressed by it. I really liked Far Cry 3 but I have a bad feeling they're doing an EA/Activision to this franchise with the same game being released annually.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
To be honest, with people saying it's pretty similar to Far Cry 3 isn't the worst thing that could happen to the game? What saddens me about AC Unity is that they sound like they have regressed in the whole game development (Character, side missions, gameplay), only to improve on the detail of the game. AC was supposed to be the first game I was going to buy out of these new releases, but now it looks Far Cry is knocking it out of the park.

Kaos

To be honest, with people saying it's pretty similar to Far Cry 3 isn't the worst thing that could happen to the game? What saddens me about AC Unity is that they sound like they have regressed in the whole game development (Character, side missions, gameplay), only to improve on the detail of the game. AC was supposed to be the first game I was going to buy out of these new releases, but now it looks Far Cry is knocking it out of the park.
Both games have the same publisher, hence my apprehension.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Both games have the same publisher, hence my apprehension.
Yeah that is a worry isn't it. May have to be another wait for the reviews to see if any major glitches occur again. Fortunately there aren't many windows in Far Cry, so I won't be spending much time trying to jump through one :)