g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FC Bayern 17/18 discussion

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
They're the world's biggest bellends when it comes to this stuff. Announce Gotze before the CL final and now have announced this before the season is over, inspite of knowing that Frankfurt have very important matches to play. Not a surprise that Frankfurt's general manager isn't happy. There's a lot to admire about Bayern as a club, this kind of shit is not.
We didn't "announce" anything in regards to Götze, it came from Dortmund's side as far as anyone knows (we had certainly zero interest in leaking it).
Frankfurt also doesn't need to be happy, Kovac had a clause in his contract and that was used, easy as that and there is never a good moment anyways, not to mention that Bobic himself had a pretty big mouth when it came about our business of looking for a new coach.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Some Eintracht fans are calling for Kovac to go now on the basis of what appears to be outright lying.

We didn't "announce" anything in regards to Götze, it came from Dortmund's side as far as anyone knows (we had certainly zero interest in leaking it).
Frankfurt also doesn't need to be happy, Kovac had a clause in his contract and that was used, easy as that and there is never a good moment anyways, not to mention that Bobic himself had a pretty big mouth when it came about our business of looking for a new coach.
Apparently Bayern didn't even contact EF and just went to Kovac himself.

Understandably one can understand why Fredi Bobic at Eintracht feels they showed a lack of respect.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Some Eintracht fans are calling for Kovac to go now on the basis of what appears to be outright lying.
I think that's a natural reaction. But that will never happen. Bobic's criticism (keeping Frankfurt in the dark) applies as much to Kovac as it does to Bayern, yet he bit his tongue and focused his attack on Bayern. That tells you everything there is to know about how Frankfurt is going to handle this. They will tell the fans that they understand their anger and frustration, but it won't help anyone if they feck up their season over it and that it's best for all if the team can focus on the football and make it to the cup final and CL.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
I think that's a natural reaction. But that will never happen. Bobic's criticism (keeping Frankfurt in the dark) applies as much to Kovac as it does to Bayern, yet he bit his tongue and focused his attack on Bayern. That tells you everything there is to know about how Frankfurt is going to handle this. They will tell the fans that they understand their anger and frustration, but it won't help anyone if they feck up their season over it and that it's best for all if the team can focus on the football and make it to the cup final and CL.
I completely agree.

As an Eintracht fan I'm willing to accept that there's no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face. It's a complete mess though and derails a very successful season into being something more.

Kovac doesn't have to deliver for EF now. I don't doubt his professionalism but he's got the job he wanted. If Frankfurt lose the rest of their games . . . he's still going to Munich. In the end he may only achieve exactly what Armin Veh achieved in 2012/13. . . qualification for the Europa League.

Ban

A bit cnutish from both Bayern and Niko. To remember now they called us our over BFS..

RooneyLegend

I don't know why making the semis every year, except last where they were eliminated by the eventual winners in the QF, is called underachieveing. They have the third best squad in football and they finish shared 3rd place with it. If they had that necessary bit of luck against Atletico 2 years ago or against Real last year they might have won another CL, but at worst they are on par.
There squad has been on par with the Spanish giants all these years yet while they have lots of titles amongst each other, they don't. Bayern hasn't even achieved more than Atletico and Juve in recent years despite have much more resources.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am not sure that he will be success in bayern. He wants iron discipline. Iron drill. In croatia we call him bigger german than germans. And that is why he was fired from national team. Because players didn't want him. Modric, mandzukic, perisic didn't like that approach( yes players today are such prima donnas). So how will ribery and robben for example react on him?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So after just watching another Clip from the Kovac presser: he actually said that Bayern called him out of the blue and offered him a contract via that same phone call.

"I could have lied, but I told the truth"
"If I said no categorically [as opposed to "there is no reason why I shouldn't be coaching Frankfurt next season] then I would've lied, but I didn't"

I can really see it:
Hey, haven't even met you and this is crazy
But here's a contract, so sign it maybe
It's hard to asses you without ever talking to you
But here's a contract, so sign it maybe

Apparently Salihamidzic not only confirmed the signing of Kovac two hours before Frankfurt's scheduled presser, he also said "I heard that Dortmund wanted to sign Kovac as well".
Lovely.

Last edited:

saylon

Supports
Bayern Munich
I am not sure that he will be success in bayern. He wants iron discipline. Iron drill. In croatia we call him bigger german than germans. And that is why he was fired from national team. Because players didn't want him. Modric, mandzukic, perisic didn't like that approach( yes players today are such prima donnas). So how will ribery and robben for example react on him?
Robben and some of the core players of the team will love this attitude.
Remember that Ancelotti was publicly criticised by the players because his training sessions weren't as demanding as the players wanted them to be.

But for sure some players might not be to happy about it. But I'm confident that the squad leaders will sort these kind of issues out internally.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
So possibly the new Felix Magath?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
But for sure some players might not be to happy about it. But I'm confident that the squad leaders will sort these kind of issues out internally.
He'll be gone within 4 months, that's how they'll sort it out.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Robben would be the last one to complain. He is a disciplined machine. Bayern actually has a lot of players of that mold. Neuer, Boateng, Hummels, Süle, Martinez, Alaba, Kimmich, Thiago, Robben, Müller, Lewandowski, et al.

saylon

Supports
Bayern Munich
He'll be gone within 4 months, that's how they'll sort it out.
I'm not denying that one. But I feel like chances are bigger that the tactics or a lack of those would be the reason for issues with the squad, not the workload of the training sessions.

Ban

He got the sack cause Mamić didn't like him and players did the dirty work. Cnuts all around.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
A bit cnutish from both Bayern and Niko. To remember now they called us our over BFS..
Don't take it personally, that's just "mia san mia". The referee has made mistakes that favoured Bayern? We shouldn't criticize the refs that much, they are under such pressure. Bayern feels like a decision put them in an unfair disadvantage? Let's scream in every microphone how scandalous this is for the upcoming two or three weeks. Another club wants to sign a Bayern star and he wants to leave? He has a contract, it is a shame how players behave nowadays, he has to stay. Bayern wants a player but the club doesn't want to sell? They are childish and unprofessional.

The same antics since I started watching Bundesliga 15 years ago. Double standars in perfection. Would say that you get used to it but honestly, I still can't listen to Rummenigge or Hoeneß for more than two minutes without feeling the desire to punch them in their self-righteous faces. Really annoying that they used to make really good jobs, though. Luckily, at least Hoeneß works hard to ridicule his legacy.

SER19

cheapskate? don't spend much? There is a sweet spot between pissing money around without a plan and cheapskating. Money is not really an object at Bayern if they are convinced that man, player or coach, is a 100% fit for the club. Neither Ancelotti nor Pep came cheap. Fighting off Real to keep Lewa isn't cheap.

Tuchel or Favre are good coaches but not without dents in their career that made it doubtful they would be able to function at Bayern in the end. Don't see much difference experience/having-proven-himself-at-top-level between Kovac, Nagelsmann or Hasenhüttl.

If there had been a man who was an obvious "super solution" on the market, Bayern would have hired him,

So far, the press is friendly. Allegedly, Heynckes right hand man Peter Herrmann will join Kovacs team, that's a huge plus.

Gnabry is an option, no one is saying he is the one and only next winger, no matter what. No one is saying Bayern is doomed forever and ever to play with 2 wingers of the Rib/Rob mould, either.
Gnabry will be given a test run next season but no one said "our planning is complete".
There will be transfers in the summer. Defense looks well sorted from where i stand with Alaba/Boateng/Hummels/Süle/Kimmich/Bernat. Midfield is packed with top players, even if Vidal would leave there wouldn't be a gaping hole. I reckon hiring a top level attacker who can play left or right is not unlikely.
I said compared with Europe’s other big teams, and was talking about transfers not wages. Compared to what real, city, PSG and united have spend on transfers in recent years Bayern are doing very well. I meant it as a compliment. I’m sure they have loads of money.

Blackwidow

Robben and some of the core players of the team will love this attitude.
Remember that Ancelotti was publicly criticised by the players because his training sessions weren't as demanding as the players wanted them to be.

I do not see the player that is not able to go with that. Some players might even need it. The problem with Ancelotti might have been that some, who need to be pushed into that discipline from outside (Robben es an absolute top professional who does not need that push, he might need sometimes somebody that slows him down) - players like Vidal, Boateng or Alaba - did not get it.

---------

What I think is exceptional again this season is the rotation Heynckes does. There is reasons why the form dropped in 2013/14 after the title win - and it did not in 12/13...

That is how much every player played after Heynckes arrived compared to the maximum of minutes (all competitions):

Ulreich 91,3%
Kimmich 71,9%
Boateng 70,0%
Lewandowski 67,6%
Hummels 65,8%
Alaba 62,5%
James 61,2%
Martinez 59,6%
Süle 58,7%
Müller 57,5%
Vidal 53,3%
Robben 52,9%
Rafinha 49,0%
Tolisso 44,3%
Coman 42,3%
Rudy 40,7%
Ribery 38,4%
Thiago 33,2%
Bernat 24,5%
Wagner 18,3%
Starke 5,8%
Friedl 4,4%
Neuer 2,9%

Some like Thiago, Ribery, Bernat, Müller were injured for some weeks - but nobody of the others has less than 40% or more than 72% of the minutes (Ulreich as exception).

Aboutreika18

I do not see the player that is not able to go with that. Some players might even need it. The problem with Ancelotti might have been that some, who need to be pushed into that discipline from outside (Robben es an absolute top professional who does not need that push, he might need sometimes somebody that slows him down) - players like Vidal, Boateng or Alaba - did not get it.

---------

What I think is exceptional again this season is the rotation Heynckes does. There is reasons why the form dropped in 2013/14 after the title win - and it did not in 12/13...

That is how much every player played after Heynckes arrived compared to the maximum of minutes (all competitions):

Ulreich 91,3%
Kimmich 71,9%
Boateng 70,0%
Lewandowski 67,6%
Hummels 65,8%
Alaba 62,5%
James 61,2%
Martinez 59,6%
Süle 58,7%
Müller 57,5%
Vidal 53,3%
Robben 52,9%
Rafinha 49,0%
Tolisso 44,3%
Coman 42,3%
Rudy 40,7%
Ribery 38,4%
Thiago 33,2%
Bernat 24,5%
Wagner 18,3%
Starke 5,8%
Friedl 4,4%
Neuer 2,9%

Some like Thiago, Ribery, Bernat, Müller were injured for some weeks - but nobody of the others has less than 40% or more than 72% of the minutes (Ulreich as exception).
Heynckes reminds me a lot of Fergie in that regard (if not other areas as well :p), who also took squad rotation very seriously when fighting on numerous fronts.

Trizy

Should be his last training session then, if that turns out to be the team. Why would you post that?
What's the big deal? Never understood the uproar if teams are leaked. When you have a knowledge of other teams injuries, you can nearly pick what 11 they'll start with.

Jose had a brilliant pre-match interview when he was in Spain. The journalist asks him about his lineup and he tells them every player, then he continues to name out Barcelona's starting IX :lol:.

belanglos

Supports
Bayern München
Playing without a midfield? No way that's the starting 11. -robben +thiago

Last edited by a moderator:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Gareth Bale being linked with Bayern Munich, not sure if it's a credible link but said before sooner or later Bayern need to work out what they're going to do with their wide players as Ribery and Robbern are mid 30s now.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Hope Robben starts, Marcelo isn't the strongest defensively, so maybe he can capitalize on that. He has the lungs of a horse though and Robben is getting a bit old. Can't wait for tonight, should be a cracking game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why is Thiago not starting? Surely you need another central midfield against Kross, Casemiro and Modric?

Is James even allowed to play, imagine if he scores the winner in the tie like Morientes all those years ago.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Playing without a midfield? No way that's the starting 11. -robben +thiago
This is the line-up we used against Dortmund in the 6:0 (well, with Alaba instead of Kimmich and Rafinha on the other side), but i also don't think, that we will go that risky in the first leg of a semi final.
I think you are right and Robben will be on the bench, Müller playing on the right wing and Thiago in the middle. This will also leave us with a nice offensive sub option on the bench (Robben for Thiago/Martinez, Müller switches to the center) for the last ~30 minutes of the game.

Witchking

Best option out of Liverpool, Madrid and Bayern is for Bayern to win the CL, but i know that if Bayern reach the final, they will lose to Liverpool even though Bayern are a better team.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Best option out of Liverpool, Madrid and Bayern is for Bayern to win the CL, but i know that if Bayern reach the final, they will lose to Liverpool even though Bayern are a better team.
Our players and coach know Klopp and his style very, very well. And instead of Guardiola, Heynckes wouldn't be so stubborn to play exactly in his hands, i.e. playing a really high defensive line.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That stupid loan rule is PL only.
I thought they introduced it in europe after said Morientes goal.

Seems odd to me anyway that a loan player can play against his own club yet Aubameyang was cup tied from europa because Dortmund were in it.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
I thought they introduced it in europe after said Morientes goal.

Seems odd to me anyway that a loan player can play against his own club yet Aubameyang was cup tied from europa because Dortmund were in it.
That’s not because Dortmund were in it, that’s because the UEFA wanted to restrict winter transfers.

And no they didn’t after Morientes. Some club tried, but was shut down in court.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
But he played for Dortmund in Europa
Worse crime than James playing against his employers?

Edit: Who knows Flo and Zidane could be texting James as we speak saying go easy v us and we'll actually give you a regular start next season.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Edit: Who knows Flo and Zidane could be texting James as we speak saying go easy v us and we'll actually give you a regular start next season.
Bayern has a buy option on James which cannot be reversed or challenged by Real.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Forgot about the Courtois one. So yes it was true he was orignially barred from playing and so Atletico and Chelsea had to come to a personal agreement to let him start.

I personally think loans between CL clubs should be banned. If Bayern wanted James so much they should've just signed him outright then there's no issue, it's just another ex Madrid player against his old club like Robben.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Worse crime than James playing against his employers?

It’s obviously not about clubs, but about gloryhunters leaving their respective clubs after an early international exit. Good rule, must stay.

And they can text him all they want, he’s our player and if we want to buy him, they can do feck all about it.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Forgot about the Courtois one. So yes it was true he was orignially barred from playing and so Atletico and Chelsea had to come to a personal agreement to let him start.

I personally think loans between CL clubs should be banned. If Bayern wanted James so much they should've just signed him outright then there's no issue, it's just another ex Madrid player against his old club like Robben.
They did not need a personal agreement, UEFA stated that Chelsea would face punishment if they tried to enforce that clause