Felipe Anderson

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Di Marzio said a while back that we were really interested but Lazio were asking for an astronomical fee. Situation might've changed with them being knocked out of the CL.

shivab

Nani is 28, has likely peaked in talent.

Anderson is 22 so has many years to improve. Will he? That's LvG's call I guess.
I would rather have a player at his peak than an unproven brazilian who has a similar playing style but is inexperienced. mind you, i think the italian league is more technical and maybe he'll be fine in england, but i dont think RW is his best position. Greizmann would be a no brainer.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Well I was wrong. I said earlier today that we probably won't even be linked with him, let alone sign him. A few hours later and we're actually linked with him.

Keyser

I would rather have a player at his peak than an unproven brazilian who has a similar playing style but is inexperienced. mind you, i think the italian league is more technical and maybe he'll be fine in england, but i dont think RW is his best position. Greizmann would be a no brainer.
Don't get me wrong I know nothing about the kid, but Nani was as good as he was ever gonna get, for me personally the wings worry me, one injury to Mata and we are back to using Tony V or putting Young out there.

Griezemann would be great, as would many others but not sure they are available.

shivab

Don't get me wrong I know nothing about the kid, but Nani was as good as he was ever gonna get, for me personally the wings worry me, one injury to Mata and we are back to using Tony V or putting Young out there.

Griezemann would be great, as would many others but not sure they are available.
if we have to sign a young player due to availability issues i would rather have us sign Bernardo Silva. Given the right amount of money Monaco would sell. Hes similar to Mata but i think he has a higher ceiling.

NotQuiteManc

Add another young tricky pacey winger with potential to the squad? Yes please, just because the team bar Memphis and to a certain extent Januzaj, is all about possession and not causing havoc for the fullbacks and defence of the oppositions. If Plan A doesn't work, players like Felipe is needed if there is no height/power option like Fellaini.

Devil may care

Really fast but as raw as fresh caught fish, I'm also not sure he'll make the off the ball runs LvG wants from a player in that position.

drmuji

If we are going for Anderson and paying 40 million, while we were hassling over 30 million for pedro, then we've really fecked this up

Kant-ona

With Lazio failing to qualify for the Champions League it makes sense that these rumours about a bid occur now.

I didn't know anything about him. Google told me, that he played for Brazil U17, U20, U21 and since this year also for the real Selecao - which was a bigger achievement in earlier days. ;)

Who can't see the tweet: It's only a picture of him with the brazilian kit, number 10.

If we are going for Anderson and paying 40 million, while we were hassling over 30 million for pedro, then we've really fecked this up
I think it's a bit unfair or at least too early to judge the deal or even only the rumours about the deal. The transfer fee is not only about the quality or the fame of a player, but also about his potential, his age, the remaining duration of his contract, etc etc etc. In other words: 40 mio could be way too much... but it could also be a "steal" if the guy is meeting the expectations as a very big brazilian talent. (What a world to talk about a possible "steal" when it comes to 40 mio... )

MJJ

Anderson does have more potential than pedro though, if his decision making, off the ball work improves he will be a monster of a player in a couple of years time.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
With Lazio failing to qualify for the Champions League it makes sense that these rumours about a bid occur now.

I didn't know anything about him. Google told me, that he played for Brazil U17, U20, U21 and since this year also for the real Selecao - which was a bigger achievement in earlier days. ;)

Who can't see the tweet: It's only a picture of him with the brazilian kit, number 10.

I think it's a bit unfair or at least too early to judge the deal or even only the rumours about the deal. The transfer fee is not only about the quality or the fame of a player, but also about his potential, his age, the remaining duration of his contract, etc etc etc. In other words: 40 mio could be way too much... but it could also be a "steal" if the guy is meeting the expectations as a very big brazilian talent. (What a world to talk about a possible "steal" when it comes to 40 mio... )
Who was the last big Brazilian talent who met expectations at United?

Touseef

Don't know why the Pedro comparisons always come. In Pedro's case, it is also possible that we just didn't want him that badly and it is also possible that he preferred Chelsea to us. I dont really blame the board for being absolutely sure of a player before buying (we dont want another falcao/ADM).

Also, if you are to pass judgement on that, please let's wait till end of the transfer window. Who knows, the question might just be answered with a more suitable player signing.

Kant-ona

Who was the last big Brazilian talent who met expectations at United?
Good question. I am also sceptical when we are suppossed to sign a brazilian (Anderson, Kleberson, Possebon, Rafael, Fabio,...), but you could look at the rumours from another perspective: The last guy we got from the Serie A is pretty promising, isn't he? (And I am not talking about Romero but Darmian.)

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He would definitely solve the so-called pace and creativity problem. Considering the options out there, i hope we go for him. If he gets going he could be a real steal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He would definitely solve the so-called pace and creativity problem. Considering the options out there, i hope we go for him. If he gets going he could be a real steal.
So he's very creative then?

devilish

Good question. I am also sceptical when we are suppossed to sign a brazilian (Anderson, Kleberson, Possebon, Rafael, Fabio,...), but you could look at the rumours from another perspective: The last guy we got from the Serie A is pretty promising, isn't he? (And I am not talking about Romero but Darmian.)
Different positions, different nationality (ie football culture), different experiences. Its like saying that our Anderson would do well in La Liga since Beckham had done well there

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
So he's very creative then?
From what i have seen from him, yes. I doubt he will have crazy assist stats, but he has lots of pace and ability to open teams up, especially from a central position.

Think this might be just the usual paper talk and nothing more though.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Felipe Anderson was anonymous in Santos. Its weird that he did much better in italy than brazil

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
When I've seen him he's been pretty much kick and run. Keita might have more potential.
Yeah, here he was even tried at fullback during his spell here. We have to remember that Serie A severly lacks pace, so mediocre speed merchants like Gervinho do deceptively well there.

Bwuk

Cuadrado looked a better player and look how he turned out at Chelsea too.

devilish

I doubt we will be buying any one else at this point

MJJ

When I've seen him he's been pretty much kick and run. Keita might have more potential.

Not really, yeah he relies on his pace a lot since its his biggest asset but is a very accomplished dribbler who doesnt lose the ball in tight spaces. His biggest weakness from an attacking pov is his decision making, improve that and he will be one of the best wingers in the world.

Edit- And consistency I suppose. Has only had a great four months at this point of his career but was out of the world during that period.

Can he play on the right?
Yeah can play all attacking positions behind the striker.