Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

What I do remember is him saying that United's failure to handle him a contract a year or so before (when he was injured) was a mistake from our part. Then he flirted with some clubs (AC Milan, Napoli, Besiktas) only for him to return to OT and sign a new contract like a good boy.

I don't understand why all this resistance about us selling him up. He's a reserve player, whose game relies heavily on workrate and whose 31. That would be enough for SAF to sell him (Fortune, Park, Phil Neville, Nicky Butt all left around that age) as workhorses tend to become pretty useless when he gets old. With the difference that Fellaini is probably on a good salary, he doesn't suit the manager's game and he's not really great in movement which makes him an average workhorse.
Yeah his age and wages will make it difficult to move him one. Thats why i don't think he'll move until the summer at least, and probably only if he's willing to take a pay cut and/or United waive any possible fee for him.

Moriarty

Yeah his age and wages will make it difficult to move him one. Thats why i don't think he'll move until the summer at least, and probably only if he's willing to take a pay cut and/or United waive any possible fee for him.
I would have thought he'll go on a free come summer. I know he cops a lot of flak on here but I'll miss him when he's gone.

Thiagoal

During the dark days -post SAF- there are very few players that we can say have fought for the club and given there all every time they step onto the field! This is something I've never levelled at Fellaini and for that reason I will never slag him off!

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Marouane Fellaini deserves a huge amount of credit for the contribution he has made and his commitment to the cause. I cannot see ANY justification AT ALL for pushing him out of the club.

Last edited:

redasian

The afro is gone, he's no good to us now. Sell him and get Witsel instead.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
What I do remember is him saying that United's failure to handle him a contract a year or so before (when he was injured) was a mistake from our part. Then he flirted with some clubs (AC Milan, Napoli, Besiktas) only for him to return to OT and sign a new contract like a good boy.

I don't understand why all this resistance about us selling him up. He's a reserve player, whose game relies heavily on workrate and whose 31. That would be enough for SAF to sell him (Fortune, Park, Phil Neville, Nicky Butt all left around that age) as workhorses tend to become pretty useless when he gets old. With the difference that Fellaini is probably on a good salary, he doesn't suit the manager's game and he's not really great in movement which makes him an average workhorse.
That average workhorse who is not great in movement totally marked Neymar out of the match in the recent World Cup.

Class of 63

Sourness
You never know maybe the injury is a cover by the club to explain his absence from the team for the rest of the window while they close a deal with another club. :p

I doubt he'll leave before the summer in truth.
Or, or by letting everybody know that Fellaini has a reoccurring injured the club know that there is a lot less chance that a Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich or Juventus will put bids in for him....

stevoc

Or, or by letting everybody know that Fellaini has a reoccurring injured the club know that there is a lot less chance that a Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich or Juventus will put bids in for him....
Yeah i hadn't considered that, very devious by the club. :lol:

Glow

Fellaini is far too slow, both physically and mentally. Thus he doesn't fit into our current quick and aggressive style of playing.

FujiVice

No Ed doesn't need the praise he's happy to work in the shadows. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a dark knight.
He's the hero Old Trafford deserves, but not the one it needs right now

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
The most tragic thing was when Mourinho used to play him 10 behind Rashford because he didn’t trust the latters hold up. Rash does better with midfielders who try to play him through i.e Pogba.

Jibbs

He should not be loaned out or sold at least till the end of campaign... he is the perfect substitute to come on when proverbial kitchen sink is required to be thrown.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think that will be the issue. Good luck getting rid of him now especially 3he couldn't orchestrate a move to his own liking as a free agent

Walters_19_MuFc

Someone reported that Fellaini was left out the squad last week. However, Ole confirmed that he has an injury and will be out for a few weeks.

"And Felli is the long-term one that's out. He'll be out for a few weeks. He'll probably be at least three or four weeks. He's got a calf problem and that's sad.

"There's X-factors in different players and we all know Felli's X-factor and then again he'll be working hard to get back in when all the big games are coming as well."

So all the rumours that he was left out the squad was nonsense. He may well not be here next season, but at the moment, out of our current options, he is easily better than Fred, Pereira and McTominay.

Dante

Average bang
The most tragic thing was when Mourinho used to play him 10 behind Rashford because he didn’t trust the latters hold up. Rash does better with midfielders who try to play him through i.e Pogba.
He's not quite a #8.

And he's not quite a #9.

Fellaini - 8½

devilish

Laugh all you want, but it's true
You judged him as one of the best man markers in the world based on one game against a coward like Neymar who would rather lose a game then get hurt

If he is that good then why he is a reserve and why no one wanted him as a free agent?

devilish

There's a difference between no-one wanting him as a free agent, and no-one willing to pay him as much as we would.
He was a free agent which means there's no fee involved. By the looks of it he took a pay cut and that's after months of BS about how United had done a mistake not to sign him when they could. The reality is that Fellaini had to backtrack mainly because very few clubs rate him. Those who do are nowhere near to our level.

I still think he'll remain. However it will be because no one would be willing to sign him up on that salary. Attitude is important and Fellaini has in bucket loads of that but lets face it. Who wants a mule at age 31, on that salary, especially when movement is already hardly his strength? What decent clubs tend to do at this stage is give him a kicking and replacing him with someone on cheaper salary and with more fuel left in the tank to do the leg work :cough: Mctominay :cough:

Last edited:

Class of 63

Sourness
You judged him as one of the best man markers in the world based on one game against a coward like Neymar who would rather lose a game then get hurt

If he is that good then why he is a reserve and why no one wanted him as a free agent?
Yeah I judged him on that skillset based on one game cos i'm stupid like that.

A reserve(no shame in that as the big clubs have massive squads nowadays) who if fit will start in the bigger games as he always does because of his ability to follow orders to the letter, be it mark somebody out of the game, or go up top and be a bloody nuisance, or....

The lad didn't want to leave, so he(or his agent) asked for wages they knew they wouldn't get. It's not rocket science.

devilish

Yeah I judged him on that skillset based on one game cos i'm stupid like that.

A reserve(no shame in that as the big clubs have massive squads nowadays) who if fit will start in the bigger games as he always does because of his ability to follow orders to the letter, be it mark somebody out of the game, or go up top and be a bloody nuisance, or....

The lad didn't want to leave, so he(or his agent) asked for wages they knew they wouldn't get. It's not rocket science.
You're the one calling yourself stupid.

Unless a club wants to play outdated hoofball then Fellaini is the typical cut and paste workhorse. He's not superb in it but he compensate to the lack of movement with attitude which is fair enough. Unfortunately he's also 31 which means his legs will soon be gone. A workhorse that can't run for the entire 90 minutes is as useful as a blind goalkeeper or Welbeck as a goal poacher. Which explains why most of SAF's workhorses left between their late 20s and early 30s. I assure you most were far more useful in the job then Fellaini is.

Fellaini made it pretty obvious he wanted to leave. Once he failed to agree terms with anybody he came back to United and signed a contract. That occurred mainly because our outdated manager was starting to lose the dressing room and to Fellaini's credit he'll give his 100% irrespective of the manager. This is not an issue anymore and its only fair for the club to let him go. In my opinion this thread would be far more interesting discussing whether we'll be able to get rid of him or not rather then to discuss the obvious.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
In my opinion this thread would be far more interesting discussing whether we'll be able to get rid of him or not rather then to discuss the obvious.
The only reason we would struggle to get rid of him is because of his wages. Good teams would want him as a squad player, but wouldn't be willing to pay as much as we do for a squad player. Plenty of lower teams would want him as a starter but wouldn't be able to afford to pay his wages.

devilish

The only reason we would struggle to get rid of him is because of his wages. Good teams would want him as a squad player, but wouldn't be willing to pay as much as we do for a squad player. Plenty of lower teams would want him as a starter but wouldn't be able to afford to pay his wages.
If he was good enough then he would have found decent clubs to sign him up as a free agent same as ramsay and can did. No one wants an average 31 year old mule especially on that salary

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Not sure if even Ole rates him. So far team is winning with absolute minimal help from Fellow.ini but is that's what really people want... More Moyes/LvG/Mourinho football ? Three managers went to shit after using same, predictable for our opponents scheme. Currently we don't even have enough quality fullbacks to feed him with proper crosses.

So far I just can't see it, if United really aiming for something like PL title challenge, or CL final in near future.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Answring the question: hopeffuly! We must go on and try to live without the hoof it and hope for Fellaini. It has done more harm than good on the long term, even though it had brought some results.

reddaz71

Fellaini will stay for at least another 2 seasons purely because the club won't be signing any new players in the summer, instead the club will retain the current squad!

Status
Not open for further replies.