Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bearing in mind he could have arranged a free transfer last summer, and there weren't any takers, im not sure who is going to want to buy him now?

The club just really need to cut him a deal and get rid.

Heres 50% of your contract, feck off.

Suvvernmanc

Bearing in mind he could have arranged a free transfer last summer, and there weren't any takers, im not sure who is going to want to buy him now?
Yeah that suprised me a little if true. I think it's more likely that he knew Jose wanted him to stay and Jose had told him that, and Fellaini was waiting for the contract offer that he wanted. And he got it.

I personally think there would be loads of clubs that would take him. West ham would, mainly because they try to sign everybody cast offs but with Mark Noble playing less these days, they need another lump in the middle to kick everyone (Or elbow in Fellaini case).

I could see some of the Italian teams wanting him. Either of the Milan sides would take him, Roma too.

He's not technical enough for a top attacking side so in my opinion, that rules out alot of clubs, which is why we probably won't get a top fee for him. He should be going for £30m+ in this market. But £15m is more likely. Because his wages are high with us, his wages might need subsidizing at a new club. Does anyone know exactly what he's on? Has to be £120k+ doesn't it?.

crossy1686

career ending
It is true though just because he happens to be fit this time Smalling is out doesn't make him reliable. He's had plenty of injuries over the last 7 years, and missed plenty of games when other defenders were injured, look at how many times we've had to play midfielders in defence over the years.
You must have a very short memory because Jones has always done a job for us, no matter where he's been asked to play. He has been injured frequently over seasons but I don't think there was a single season in the last 10 years where we haven't had some sort of injury crisis. It's hardly Jones' fault.

crossy1686

career ending
Jones is the easiest CB to get rid of as his contract is done after this season. He needs to go for that simple reason. I'm assuming we're buying a CB this summer and Tuanzebe will be back from his loan.
We don't know if Tuanzebe has what it takes to play for United at the top level, will be interesting to see what Solskjaer makes of him in the pre-season. Can't we trigger a one year extension on Jones' contract? There's no reason he wouldn't sign another if he was playing under a manager like Solskjaer and getting games here and there, he knows his limitations. We would be much better off clearing out Valencia, Darmian and Rojo and using that money to bring in quality reinforcements, not have to limit our spending spree because we have to bring in a couple of backup players as well.

crossy1686

career ending
Didn't he turn down China and AC Milan after training with the latter? He was basically out for a massive pay rise on what he currently had because United weren't going to offer him more than a short term deal on similar salary. He realised that none of Europe's big teams were actually interested and reluctantly signed the deal on the table. We should have withdrawn it once he started whoring himself around.

Havak

Pokemon master
I'll be a little surprised if he leaves now instead of the Summer.

I know we're moving away from the kind of approach he generates, but when we're in the mix for a top four push and a trophy, it seems a bit odd to sell one of your biggest game-changers. He'll be useful from the bench, probably more-so than Fred or McTominay as a midfield option to get forward if we're struggling in a game. I'd rather we kept him and loaned out McTominay for the remainder of the season, then revisit it in the Summer window.

staniswin

He always get injured in transfer window to make sure he end up staying here. It's been years like that :lol: Not that i didn't rate him though

Last edited by a moderator:

ants7

He hasn't even been playing that much now that Ole's at the wheel. Guy's a joke.

Loublaze

ATLien
We're stuck with him forever aren't we? He's going to get injured every transfer window. Can't wait for the testimonial.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Deadwood FC captain, chairman and CEO does it again. When is this guy going to get out of this club?

Kidders

As with a lot of our players we've put him on such a good contract not many other clubs are prepared to, or could even match it, I think he'll still be here when this window shuts.

onemanarmy

Don't see why we would get rid of him in January. We are still in the FA cup, CL and are fighting for top four, he could prove useful.

There are other fringe players who I would rather sell in Darmian, Rojo or Valencia. Sell Fellaini in the summer and get a replacement then.

ArjenIsM3

Don't see why we would get rid of him in January. We are still in the FA cup, CL and are fighting for top four, he could prove useful.

There are other fringe players who I would rather sell in Darmian, Rojo or Valencia. Sell Fellaini in the summer and get a replacement then.
Yeah it's not like there's many decent replacements available right now and I'd rather play Fellaini than McTominay. We obviously need to get rid of him come summer though.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Mr Great attitude just picked an injury prior rumours of him leaving again

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
You just know he is going to score the winner for us in the Champions League final this season.

Alabaster Codify7

So typical of our mismanagement. He was fit in the summer, we should have shipped him then instead of extending his contract and giving him a better deal. Ridiculous.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He didn't get offers with the big money he wanted, but that doesn't mean that he didn't have any at all. AC Milan were heavily linked with him if I remember correctly, plus a few others, but ultimately he decided to accept our offer again.

From the sounds of it the rumours of poor attitude and such sound like they were rubbish, which is to be expected as it did seem out of character from him. He's injured and Ole does see him as giving us that option off the bench, as many of us thought would happen.

Smores

We shouldn't be selling anyone until we get in a DOF and the next manager. I mean thats the excuse given for why we're not investing this window so i don't see why it wouldn't be applicable for sales too.

Foxbatt

He took a wage cut to stay with United. He has his uses and his injury was I think playing for Belgium. I also think his contract had come to an end and he could have made more money by going somewhere else as there was no transfer fee involved in his new contract.

devilish

He took a wage cut to stay with United. He has his uses and his injury was I think playing for Belgium. I also think his contract had come to an end and he could have made more money by going somewhere else as there was no transfer fee involved in his new contract.
is there any proof he took a wage cut?

L1nk

There isn't, he also wouldn't sign for us because we only offered him the 1 year contract we do with players of his age, so of course we broke the rule and gave him what he wanted

stevoc

I can vaguely remember reading that when we triggered the 12 month extension on his previous contract in 2017 that as part of that deal his wages jumped from £80k to £120k. And reportedly when he rejoined during the summer it was on a two year deal for £100k per week.

So yes its probably technically true that he's on less wages now but i wouldn't exactly say he took a wage cut. He played the game trying to get a long term contract elsewhere on the same or improved terms as £120k per week he was getting here, but there were no takers. So he had to take the best offer available to him which was the deal United gave him last summer on decreased wages.

stevoc

Put the bunting away girls :lol:
You never know maybe the injury is a cover by the club to explain his absence from the team for the rest of the window while they close a deal with another club. :p

I doubt he'll leave before the summer in truth.

devilish

I can vaguely remember reading that when we triggered the 12 month extension on his previous contract in 2017 that as part of that deal his wages jumped from £80k to £120k. And reportedly when he rejoined during the summer it was on a two year deal for £100k per week.

So yes its probably technically true that he's on less wages now but i wouldn't exactly say he took a wage cut. He played the game trying to get a long term contract elsewhere on the same or improved terms as £120k per week he was getting here, but there were no takers. So he had to take the best offer available to him which was the deal United gave him last summer on decreased wages.
What I do remember is him saying that United's failure to handle him a contract a year or so before (when he was injured) was a mistake from our part. Then he flirted with some clubs (AC Milan, Napoli, Besiktas) only for him to return to OT and sign a new contract like a good boy.

I don't understand why all this resistance about us selling him up. He's a reserve player, whose game relies heavily on workrate and whose 31. That would be enough for SAF to sell him (Fortune, Park, Phil Neville, Nicky Butt all left around that age) as workhorses tend to become pretty useless when he gets old. With the difference that Fellaini is probably on a good salary, he doesn't suit the manager's game and he's not really great in movement which makes him an average workhorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.