Fellaini | Mou: "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil_geko

Yeah haters! Because wanting the best for your club is being a hater, logic!

Jaybomb

He's not going anywhere, so stop embarrassing yourselves and fecking deal with it.

/Thread

ovoxo

I'm glad he's staying, he's useful to have around. I imagine he'll be gone next summer though, and we'll sign another midfielder.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well this must give Fellaini so much confidence.

Hopefully he has a good season.

Geekie

Would be funny if our middle ends up with Fellaini - Matic - Pogba, should be electric to watch...

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Sigh. Can't say I hoped he'd stay, but we are short on bodies.

Acquire Me

Not his biggest fan but he's clearly important to Jose and his plan.

Getting behind the big man!
I think Fellaini has earned our respect. He has been terrific under Mourinho imo. He has some talents that Mourinho need and is to be fair on him a pretty good footballer overall.

Asger

Didn't really flop, though, did he? He left as he wanted games. Very similar to Pogba.

Sigurdsson, on the other hand, played, but wasn't at the required standard. A bit like Moussa Sissoko. Very good at Newcastle, hence the 30M move to Spurs, but couldn't make that step up.

Everton is probably Sigurdsson's level.
Maybe Everton is his level and Barkley level is lower than that. That's why I said i would prefer Gylfi over Barkley. There are a lot of better players than those two though.

Kazi

Yeah haters! Because wanting the best for your club is being a hater, logic!
Surely if you want what's best for your club, you'd want your manager to be able to keep the players that are most important to him? Unless you aren't behind Mourinho...

Enigma_87

You know who
Hope those Mou quotes are go get the price up.

With Matic lined up don't see where he'll play.

Dazzmondo

Why do people want Fellaini to go when all it does is weaken our squad depth and take away a tactical option :houllier:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
His ability to survive the annual culls is quite impressive. In fact it's the only thing he has excelled at during his time here.

Dazzmondo

Hope those Mou quotes are go get the price up.

With Matic lined up don't see where he'll play.
He's a bench player. He won't be starting many games. He's useful as a plan B. Most importantly we badly need him in case of injuries

sugar_kane

Never understand fans who get excited about selling a player, it seems fairly childish.

We have very little depth in midfield and Fellaini has proved himself useful now for 3 seasons (discounting the Moyes season where he did feck all).

LoneStar

Lol, so many people had their hopes up that he would leave. Mourinho clearly rates him, no way he was leaving this season. It's not as if we are stacked with world class players in midfield. Though I never want to see him as a starter, he is a useful option off the bench and in certain games.

Smalling, Baily, Lukaku, Pogba, Matic and this guy. We are a proper physical team now. I don't think teams will fancy playing against us, at least from a physical sense.

Siorac

Would have been too good to be true.

Oh well. I had very low expectations for the season anyway.

ChaddyP

Glad he stays. Good enough for us. Important player. **Don't care who wha vex **

Enigma_87

You know who
He's a bench player. He won't be starting many games. He's useful as a plan B. Most importantly we badly need him in case of injuries
I sure hope we don't. He's a liability most of the time and not sure if we lost more points due to stupid fouls/penos than lump it to him in the box(plan B).

Matic is barely injured, we also have Pereira, Carrick, TMF, Lingard, etc..

I'd rather we buy the Anderlecht lad or someone else than keep Fellaini for another season tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.