Fellaini | Mou: "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonDahl

love it !!!

one of the top 5 best managers in the world ever wants to keep him...

Red Cafe geniuses know better though !!
We're you able to tell Rooney was past it despite him being kept on for at least 3 years too long?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
This news is a nugget of delightful sweetness. Lovely player.

prtk0811

Now unleash him in the attacking boxes and give a nightmare for defenders like we had in 2012.

Hanky panky

Sad day. Like i said, too good to be true. He will stay forever. :( I can't imagine any other really big club where Fellaini could be in this big role.

Dazzmondo

I sure hope we don't. He's a liability most of the time and not sure if we lost more points due to stupid fouls/penos than lump it to him in the box(plan B).

Matic is barely injured, we also have Pereira, Carrick, TMF, Lingard, etc..

I'd rather we buy the Anderlecht lad or someone else than keep Fellaini for another season tbh.
Jose doesn't consider TFM to be a cm, which is why he plays him rb. Lingard isn't a cm. We have Carrick and Pereira as backup for 3 positions! You really think that's enough depth? McTominay would likely be called on at some stage in the season and he's not ready for a role like that. Ideally, he would be better with a good loan or playing in Cup competitions. You hardly think we're going to start Fellaini ahead of Matic, Herrera, or Pogba?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
My fear is this might be a smokescreen for them to put pressure on another target.
I did think Gala were putting pressure on another club/player by using Fellaini as a smokescreen.

Crashoutcassius

I take it you were over the moon with Rooney's performances in the last couple of years.
why? I do't really see the connection. Rooney obviously an issue on so many levels - PR, wages, dressing room support etc.

Nobody would have cared in Mourinho jettisoned Felli last summer, or this. He didn't - starting to look like he rates him. Doesn't look too likely that he rated rooney

evil_geko

love it !!!

one of the top 5 best managers in the world ever wants to keep him...

Red Cafe geniuses know better though !!
At least "Red Cafe geniuses" have their own opinion and not are not in "Manager knows best" blind sheep mode.

The "Why don't you go manage the team if you know better etc...." is the worst cliche argument from the sheep brigade.

Jose knows best! Close the forums then, lock all the threads, make the final RAWK assimilation!

Red Star One

Useful squad player and I assume he has a good relationship with few of our lads. If we can afford to keep him - and we definitely can - I'm obviously happy he stays as long as he's not our first sub for Rom

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Our plan B, i.e. when we're chasing a game, should be to up our tempo and keep probing till the last seconds, not to start desperately pumping it up to the big man with 20 mins left.

lsd

The Oracle
Delighted Jose wants him to stay the guy has scored too many important goals for us to get rid of him never complains and he had a right too with so called fans hate off him plus the guy would run through a wall for the shirt

Enigma_87

You know who
Jose doesn't consider TFM to be a cm, which is why he plays him rb. Lingard isn't a cm. We have Carrick and Pereira as backup for 3 positions! You really think that's enough depth? McTominay would likely be called on at some stage in the season and he's not ready for a role like that. Ideally, he would be better with a good loan or playing in Cup competitions. You hardly think we're going to start Fellaini ahead of Matic, Herrera, or Pogba?
Herrera can play as a holder in case of injury (I'd prefer him there tbh instead of Fellaini), which would mean we can use Lingard further up with Pogba in a midfield three. Matic is usually always fit(hope that doesn't change considering our injury record) and we have options surely other than rely on Fellaini. I feel with Lukaku we also have plan B covered - to whom we lump in box...

RedTiger

Half mast
I'm glad he's staying, he's useful to have around. I imagine he'll be gone next summer though, and we'll sign another midfielder.
I have no problem with Fellaini leaving next summer for free. It's just that with the constant transfers over the last 4 years it leaves us with not many players who can be considered Club experienced (Felli has been here for 4 years with over a hundred appearances) , coupled with the fact that he is effective for certain tactics and situations over the length of the season, it would be good for him to stick around for this season.

Acquire Me

At least "Red Cafe geniuses" have their own opinion and not are not in "Manager knows best" blind sheep mode.

The "Why don't you go manage the team if you know better etc...." is the worst cliche argument from the sheep brigade.

Jose knows best! Close the forums then, lock all the threads, make the final RAWK transformation!
Some of us actually rate the big man :devil:

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Wait...people actually thought he was going to leave?? :lol:

As last season showed, he's far too important a squad player to leave. Deservedly so as well and no amount of hate is gonna change that.

Crashoutcassius

Having your own opinion is different (in my opinion) to celebrating when players mourinho wants (Matic) might be going to a different club, or when a manager says he wants to keep a player (fellaini) throwing all the toys out of the pram.

I have an opinion that Mourinho doesn't echo - think Martial should be given a good run in the team as first choice. I think we should play attacking versus top 4 sides rather than park the bus. etc etc etc. I am pretty realistic though - I accept my opinions are based on a lot less info than Mourinho's, and if I'm right it is basically pure luck

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The best thing about this news is that I can keep using him on Ultimate Team next year.

ti vu

Tried to scan the last few pages but haven't seen this anyone to this. So hopefully be the first so go this.

GET IN :wenger:

Popcorn time

Kag

That's nice from Mourinho. It would be great if he could extend the pleasantries to other members of our squad, mind you.

gica_7

Gala is in desperate need for a proper manager actually, so an unfortunate statement from Jose :D

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
He's in for last year's Rooney treatment. We don't need him as a target man anymore since we bought Lukaku, so it really knocks the purpose of playing him out of the stadium. I'd seriously prefer to see Pereira and McTominay get minutes instead of him next season.

Enigma_87

You know who
why? I do't really see the connection. Rooney obviously an issue on so many levels - PR, wages, dressing room support etc.

Nobody would have cared in Mourinho jettisoned Felli last summer, or this. He didn't - starting to look like he rates him. Doesn't look too likely that he rated rooney
Rooney was past it couple of years ago and was clear to see for everyone. Yet Moyes, LvG kept playing him although he regularly stink up the place due to his high profile.

Fellaini on the other hand is not good enough. He has fair share bad games and some he has been useful of course. That doesn't mean that say Pereira takes his place and won't have the same (or better) contribution.

AXVnee7

Said it before that Fellaini does little well, but that little handful of skills he does very well. There's very few better headers of the ball on the planet for example. However the rest of his game vastly weighs down his few pros that makes him not viable as a midfield option.

He's a tactic rather than a footballer. One that suits very specific games or circumstances, but can be the difference in those scenarios so can see why a manager who loves having a utility belt would love him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Reminds me of SAF's 'I won't sell Veron' or 'I won't sell Madrid a virus' speech. I only believe it if United handle Fellaini a contract

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He's in for Rooney treatment from last season. We don't need him as a target man anymore since we bought Lukaku, so it really knocks the purpose of playing him out of the stadium. I'd seriously prefer to see Pereira and McTominay get minutes instead of him next season.
Wishful thinking.

People seem to convince themselves of an awful lot with him.

Whatever helps them sleep at night I guess.

Crashoutcassius

Rooney was past is couple of years ago and was clear to see for everyone. Yet Moyes, LvG kept playing him although he regularly stink up the place.

Fellaini on the other hand is not good enough. He has fair share bad games and some he has been useful of course. That doesn't mean that say Pereira takes his place and won't have the same (or better) contribution.
I don't see really why I would be happy with rooneys performances based on what I said earlier but carry on

Stactix

Our plan B, i.e. when we're chasing a game, should be to up our tempo and keep probing till the last seconds, not to start desperately pumping it up to the big man with 20 mins left.
Completely agree with this, if one player gets injured he's the 'go' to man.
He's a decent player but his 'style' suits a bottom side more than a team that should really be aspiring to get back to the top.
When he's in midfield, yes he's a warrior but he gets outclassed against any half decent 'technical side' but also Utd end up going backwards more than forwards.

He's a very useful squad player but played almost 50 times last season, should be used more sparingly and SHOULD NEVER be used to close out a game.
If Pogba is out, at Utd it shouldn't be Fellaini replacing him. Two very different types of players, Pogba looks forward & creates chances out of nothing, Fellaini misses creative chances right in front of him. He's worked very hard & done a good job over the course of 3 seasons, with some great goals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.