Fellaini | Mou: "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I am hoping he will stay. As frustrating as he is and at times completely mindless, he can also be extremely effective. All the best if he does go but i hope he stays.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Mensah needs a year or two on loan. Tuanzebe is a dc

Dm: leander, matic
B2b:herrera, pogba
No 10: Mata, periera,

I wouldnt mind if we also add sanches (loan + minimum fee)
You have written a couple times that Pereira is a #10, which i personally used to think too, but doesn't look like Jomo sees him as a #10.
Think he will be played as deep playmaker, or cm, if pre-season is anything to go by.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Hmm, is this really happening? Not Fellaini's biggest fan, but the lumbering oaf was sorta growing on me. Like a mold. Must mean the Matic transfer is close to going through.

edcunited1878

If he leaves, it's overdue but that shouldn't mean overlook his contributions. Yes, he's limited and has had some stinkers, as all United players have done the past few years. But he has been committed to United and battled for the shirt. More than Jones, more than Memphis, di Maria, Schniderlin, Bastian, Falcao, etc.

Litch

The more you look at it, the more you realise that our midfield is ridiculously weak. Without being negative but we aren't winning nothing whether he stays or leaves if we don't sign at least one CM....

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
If he leaves, it's overdue but that shouldn't mean overlook his contributions. Yes, he's limited and has had some stinkers, as all United players have done the past few years. But he has been committed to United and battled for the shirt. More than Jones, more than Memphis, di Maria, Schniderlin, Bastian, Falcao, etc.
I wouldn't put jones anywhere near that list

In what way can he be accused of not battling

Scholsey2004

Surely if fellaini's leaving then at least one player must definately be coming in? I wouldnt be happy if we sold fellaini BEFORE we'd replaced him. That could be catastrophic.

C'est Moi Cantona

Much as people like bashing him he is a good option from the subs bench, and there are a few players I'd rather see go before him, having said that it would be nice if we could move on from needing this sort of player, would just be better if we got someone in first.

edcunited1878

I wouldn't put jones anywhere near that list

In what way can he be accused of not battling
He's battled too many injuries and can't be relied upon throughout the course of a season. Last time Jones was available and played for the majority of a season was four years ago. And he hasn't seriously been considered as the bona fide starting center back because of it.

LoneStar

This would be a bad idea. We are already barebones in midfield. This guy is a great squad option. Very effective if we have to bypass high pressing teams.

People are happy to see him leave, like we already have an amazing midfield. We don't. I'll be very happy to see him lift the PL trophy just to make the haters mad. He was crucial to us winning the Europa final.

Let's talk about him leaving when we have a world class midfield. Right now, we don't. If Pogba is injured, we are pretty much fecked.

Jericholyte2

He's battled too many injuries and can't be relied upon throughout the course of a season. Last time Jones was available and played for the majority of a season was four years ago. And he hasn't seriously been considered as the bona fide starting center back because of it.
One of our best portions of last season was with him and Rojo as our first choice CB partnership....but back to Fellaini. As lumbering and idiotic as he can be, he has done a job,particularly for Mouronho in the past. I have no problem with him going, but this must surely mean that two CMs will be bought (Matic and Dendonker?).

Dracula

caf plane air-master
He's not a man utd player. Has neither the quality or class

He's a thug, and a vindictive one at that.

rooney2009

If he leaves then we will need 2 new CM and not just one or we will be seriously short in central midfield.We can't go into the season with just Pogba,Herrera and an ageing Carrick

Oldyella

Would be typical of us in recent years if we keep him around stinking the place up but as soon as he actually looks half useful we sell him on.

ThanksBoss26

Absolutely.

Nori-

Looks like he will be here for another decade. We can always dream though.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
No because not all of us a football snob know it alls who really no feck all
Would Fellaini get in any other squad in the top 6 or the best teams in Europe? No. That's where we need to be trying to get to and we'll never get there with players like him playing regularly.

starman

Hes 29, hes not particularly mobile, he lack positioning or football iq and hes at the end of his contract. If matic is signed then its only fair for mou to replace the belgian with a younger dm with less salary and more fuel the tank to learn from matic
But Matic or someone else will be brought in as a first team for a specific position. The point is, Fellaini is mostly used as a multi-positional squad player and can very useful in certain situations. If he signs a new contract it will probably be closer to 60k.

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City
You have written a couple times that Pereira is a #10, which i personally used to think too, but doesn't look like Mourinho sees him as a #10.
Think he will be played as deep playmaker, or cm, if pre-season is anything to go by.
I don't think it's a good idea to assume pre-season is an indicator of too much except that United need at least a couple of quality additions. Pereira is as obvious a 'number 10' type player as you're likely to see, though his performances have suggested he could play deeper, maybe in a sort of 8/10 role ala Iniesta. Which would be perfect alongside Pogba and that ever elusive world class defensive midfielder the world and his dog know United need.

If Mourinho really does think Pereira should be an 'orthodox 6' the club have the far bigger problem that their highly paid manager has taken complete leave of his senses.

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City
But Matic or someone else will be brought in as a first team player. The point is, Fellaini is mostly used as a multi-positional squad player and can very useful in certain situations. If he signs a new contract it will probably be closer to 60k.
His greatest ability is elbowing people and being a nuisance at corners. You can even teach good players to do that. Saying Fellaini is sometimes useful is like saying a drunk driver will sometimes get you home without too many injuries.

davidmichael

A new defensive midfielder and Sanches on loan with an option to buy maybe ? We're in for a new defensive midfielder which we all know and we know Jose is a fan of Sanches who Ancellotti has said could leave so kind of all makes sense.

Fellaini may have scored a few important goals last season but overall he's just not anywhere near the level we need if we want to get back to where we were just 4 years ago, one of Matic or Dier and Sanches is very Jose and all are upgrades on Fellaini as footballers other than aerial ability.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
But Matic or someone else will be brought in as a first team for a specific position. The point is, Fellaini is mostly used as a multi-positional squad player and can very useful in certain situations. If he signs a new contract it will probably be closer to 60k.
Matic will play as dm. Its only fair we also add a younger dm to learn the trade from him. We've got herrera,carrick and pogba for the box to box role/deep lying playmaker role with mata, mkhitaryan and periera for the no 10 role. Theres really little space for a 29 year old midfielder who lacks mobility, passing ability and football brains in that midfield

Castia

It could finaly be happening....time to crack open the champagne.

RoyH1

Galatasaray certainly seems a better destination than Trabzonspor.

izec

We could get better offers from PL midtable teams. Surprised not a PL club seems to be interested

starman

His greatest ability is elbowing people and being a nuisance at corners. You can even teach good players to do that. Saying Fellaini is sometimes useful is like saying a drunk driver will sometimes get you home without too many injuries.
Being a Moyes favorite is one thing, but its amazing how he was picked to play in a EL final, by a winner of two CL, as well being picked to be part of arguably Belgium best generation of players to play at the Euros and World cup, while being described as a pub player

M4YON

Reached an agreement with Fellaini he will sign a 5 year contact.

Nothing about reaching a few with United though.

VanGaalEra

When I heard the rumours I thought wtf? We're already light in MF and can't allow another one to leave.

Then I started thinking rationally and realised this was good news, as committed as he has been for us, he's still a massive liability at times. It also means we're very close to securing at least 1, if not 2 more MF's.

yamo123x

If we do sell we want 20 million at least given how the market is.

Mixed emotions, he's a marmite player, love him at times and hate him other times.
Do think we need to have better midfielders if we want to compete against the best

That said I don't think he will go

Status
Not open for further replies.