Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cina

Carrick may as well bent over and passed Fellaini some lube tonight.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Carrick may as well bent over and passed Fellaini some lube tonight.
How was on Gods earth that was Carrick's fault?

He won most of his balls in the centre, and our midfielders were simply too short and weak to handle Fellaini.

Cina

The goal was, and he generally overpowered all our players to be fair, but Carrick was the one marking him.

It's not his fault, he's not a defender, I can't for the life of me understand why it was him marking Fellaini and not Vidic.

askabob

That was a brilliant game from Fellaini. You cannot blame Carrick for the goal - if anything, Vidic should have been marking him and Carrick should have been left to a lesser aerial threat.

Fair victory to them... we'll come back.

Ekeke

Stop making assumptions, I'm not judging anything based on one game. Fellaini's been playing in CM more than enough times for Everton for anyone that watches the Premier League to have a good judgement on him.
Your first comments were about him doing what Toure does against us and then you said we should sign him. You are judging him on tonight

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Fellaini is better than Messi and Ronaldo when playing against us... rarely seen such domination of a world class team by one single player. We couldn't deal with him. At all.

He's just a good player though, with some height and power. Don't want him, but then physical beasts type of players certainly leave us with no answer it seems.

beergod

He is the exact type of player we need in midfield. Good passer, good defender, excellent in the air. I'm tired of seeing us come up short physically against some of the lesser sides in the league, especially on set pieces. We don't need more creativity in midfield, we need solidity.

Not to mention that we can throw him forward when disciplined teams defend the penalty area and we look impotent because we have no way through them.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
The trouble is our midfield has made him look utterly brilliant when hes not. A 26 year old Roy Keane wouldn't have given that bushy haired twat a touch tonight.

Against a physically dominant team we seem to fall to pieces.

Ivor Ballokov

He was a monster tonight but I thought we dealt with him poorly, you're not going to beat him in the air so you let him win it and then cut off his passing options/put in a tackle on the ground.

Ralaks

If marriner had the balls to book him like he should then he'd never be able to continue his physical play

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Why can't we have a physical presence like that?
Do we need one in the front 6? I am beginning to think we do. Carrick is too nice a guy. The rest of our midfield and strikers are rough enough.

No keane,Butt,Hughes type players at all. Even our FBs are soft.

Ekeke

Do we need one in the front 6? I am beginning to think we do. Carrick is too nice a guy. The rest of our midfield and strikers are rough enough.

Makes you wonder how Barcelona do it. I guess they couldnt cope with Fellaini, Real Madrid are you listening?

dev1l

Felliani's performance today confirmed that some people on this board still have much more to learn when passing judgement on players..

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Real Madrid have already reportedly been interested in him. Now they have Modric they probably won't go for him though.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Well we certainly should! It's not the first time he has completely dominated us and i have also seen him do it against city a couple of seasons ago.

All the determination and leadership qualities you could ever want in a player. He lifts the whole team with his effort, his desire, commitment and never say die attitude is inspirational, and in the last 2 games against us he has been absolutely incredible.

If SAF is looking for a Keane type influence in midfield for our team, then i haven't seen anything closer to what Fellaini has produced for Keano type midfield dominance. You can see the belief surging through the Everton players, when he is in that mood.

What about his performance tonight was not Keane-esque? If he had been in our team last season would we have dropped so many points from losing positions? He is what our team is lacking imo. A leader and someone who will set the tone for how the team will perform, especially when the chips are down.

After watching that tonight we have to seriously consider whether we have far too much silk and not enough steel.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

Yes. We haven't had a midfielder with any bite since Fletcher's been out. Even then, he's by no means going to boss the midfield.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Sometimes you've just got to hold your hand up and admit there's nothing you can do about some players when they're on form at times (apart from getting Vidic to man mark him on corners!!).

That was a fecking mental performance. With the players we had on the pitch, I'm not sure how we were meant to deal with that threat. It was getting to the stage whereby I was wondering whether we should just leave him open and stick more men on the people around him that he was going to head the ball to!

MUFCgal

Well we certainly should! It's not the first time he has completely dominated us and i have also seen him do it against city a couple of seasons ago.

All the determination and leadership qualities you could ever want in a player. He lifts the whole team with his effort, his desire, commitment and never say die attitude is inspirational, and in the last 2 games against us he has been absolutely incredible.

If SAF is looking for a Keane type influence in midfield for our team, then i haven't seen anything closer to what Fellaini has produced for Keano type midfield dominance. You can see the belief surging through the Everton players, when he is in that mood.

What about his performance tonight was not Keane-esque? If he had been in our team last season would we have dropped so many points from losing positions? He is what our team is lacking imo. A leader and someone who will set the tone for how the team will perform, especially when the chips are down.

After watching that tonight we have to seriously consider whether we have far too much silk and not enough steel.
Agreed.

He's got what we're lacking in the middle of the park.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The goal was, and he generally overpowered all our players to be fair, but Carrick was the one marking him.

It's not his fault, he's not a defender, I can't for the life of me understand why it was him marking Fellaini and not Vidic.
Because it is tradition to mark players on the other team.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Sometimes you've just got to hold your hand up and admit there's nothing you can fecking do about some players when they're on form at times (apart from getting Vidic to man mark him on corners!!).

That was a fecking mental performance. With the players we had on the pitch, I'm not sure how we were meant to deal with that threat. It was getting to the stage whereby I was wondering whether we should just leave him open and stick more men on the people around him that he was going to head the ball to!
Still wouldn't have worked, when we stood off him he just chested it down and turned away from the player closing him down. I was so impressed with his touch and vision, as well as his obvious physical presence.

He was a midfield Drogba at his best tonight, not many unplayable performers about, but Drogba at his best up front and Fellaini in the middle in that mood have to be considered just that.

Astounding performance against us once again. Im still stunned by how often we were dominated by him all over the pitch. That's what you call making the difference in a game!

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Still wouldn't have worked, when we stood off him he just chested it down and turned away from the player closing him down. I was so impressed with his touch and vision, as well as his obvious physical presence.

He was a midfield Drogba at his best tonight, not many unplayable performers about, but Drogba at his best up front and Fellaini in the middle in that mood have to be considered just that.

Astounding performance against us once again. Im still stunned by how often we we dominated by him all over the pitch. That's what you call making the difference in a game!
That bit where he just sort of shrugged off the player behind him, chested it and then looped it over the defender to the Everton player on the wing just sort of summed him up. He genuinely took the piss. I was laughing in the end at how dominant he was - I don't think I've ever seen a player trample all over us like that.

Seriously...we all remember being completely disassembled by Iniesta, Messi and co in those two finals, but has anyone ever seen us shat all over physically like we were by Fellaini tonight? It was crazy!

Minkaro

I'd say we should go for him, but considering A) They brought him for £15m, and B) They've just sold Rodwell (meaning that they can afford to hold out, and their midfield is already weakened), it's not very likely.

Mander

His chest was like a black hole tonight, pulled everything nearby in. Very Zlatan-esque performance.

Mainoldo

We get a beast like that in the centre of our park.. we have a perfect team.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
I'd say we should go for him, but considering A) They brought him for £15m, and B) They've just sold Rodwell (meaning that they can afford to hold out, and their midfield is already weakened), it's not very likely.
Yep, won't happen realistically. Everton just couldn't afford to lose him. I just cannot imagine us bidding enough to convince Everton to sell.

We would probably have to offer players plus cash to tempt Moyes. He may consider it, he seems to have made pretty good use of the other former Utd players he has bought from us! :lol::lol:

Maajid

Formerly Mad
One good performance by a physical player against us and the old English muscular Christianity apologists come out of the woodwork. Sure he's a good player, yes he did well against us but let's not be stupid and say we should pay astronomical amounts for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.