Fergie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir

That’s truly a brilliant news and so much of a relief, but I still can’t help but wonder - Dialy Mail wouldn’t have ran it if it wasn’t completely true, right?
It's not really the sort of thing you take chances with if you're a newspaper...

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
So relieved to hear that. Hopefully we'll hear more good news soon.

JB7

This stacks up with what I heard in town this afternoon, however it is important to note that he is still in intensive care. So - as long as this is true - it is great news but he’s not out of the woods yet.

But he will be. Giant of a man. He’s got this.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Paddy Crerand mentioned on his show this evening that Sir Alex was apparently talking, so I’m pleased to see that confirmed by the Mail - unbelievably good news :)

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
He'll be sitting in his hospital bed tapping his watch waiting for the nurses to come over, he is a fighter and a very strong character, I hope he makes a full recovery and I have every faith he will.
Still a long way to go but the news coming out sounds good so far.

snk123

Read on twitter that he's talking about past results. I've had two experiences with people after brain related surgeries and for a few days all they talk about is the past. These are very good signs though and hopefully the fighter that he is - will recover soon InshAllah!

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
Read on twitter that he's talking about past results. I've had two experiences with people after brain related surgeries and for a few days all they talk about is the past. These are very good signs though and hopefully the fighter that he is - will recover soon InshAllah!
Yes, this is known as temporary scouseitis, it soon passes.

Great to hear that he is awake, the little news we are getting all seems positive.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I wonder why that is.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Best news ever, when he is upto it I hope someone hands him a phone and shows him all the tweets and goodwill messages he received showing how much he is loved by fans , clubs, associations and fellow players , managers, literally the whole damn planet!:D

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
If true, so so happy.

Never realised just how much the guy means to me until he became unwell. Just took it for granted he'd be around for ages.

Mon yersel' Fergie.

Peebie

Sitting behind Jose trying to work out his notes
Being old enough to see Fergie in this position (and it can happen to any of us) made me start feeling really old too.

He has been the father of Manchester United for most of my life and seeing him suffer a random aneurism like this has shook my and most folks mortal cores. Last week he was with Arsene at OT, looked a bill of health, fitter than I hope to be at his age.

I was around pre Ferguson but not much in the way of fond memories then; He gave us everything with not much to work with in the beginning.
The platitudes and goodwill from around the world from all sports and walks of life says what a total legend of a human being he is.

Here's the weird thing for me, Kind of feels like it's my dad in hospital right now it's upsetting me this much. I see my dad as a role model, tougher than old boots, a million old sayings and wise as the owl.

Sir Alex is my other Dad now, as I am sure he is for most of us. I named my son Alex in homage I am sure I am not the only one this great man has affected so much.

The world is getting crapper, whoever you follow people like this are one in a million.

Wishing you a perfect recovery Sir Alex, or anything else will do in your recovery, just stay with us your the heartbeat to this club and it's players and it's fans and your admired the world over. We need heroes. Your mine x

Reactions: Burrow

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I’ve had a feeling he’d pull this. Ever the fighter our Fergie, still keeping on us on the edges of our seats even in his retirement.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Word going round on twitter is that Ronaldo said something like "how can I celebrated when the person who taught me football is in hospital" after they questioned why he didnt celebrate yesterday.
I was wondering if his lack of celebration was due to the SAF situation, but a part of me thought it could just be a the fact that Barca had already won the league and there wasn’t much to play for.

I haven’t seen any reputable sources highlight the quote though, so I think it’s fake unfortunately.

RedCurry

I’ll need a better source than dailymail to feel less stressed about this whole situation.

Theonas

Scout
I’ll need a better source than dailymail to feel less stressed about this whole situation.
I don't think any newspaper dares lie about something like that. There simply is no room for speculation with such matters, not to mention the sensitive nature of the subject.

ryansgirl

We can have some certainty that the Daily Mail isn't lying or cobbling bits and pieces together to make a story that is not. It seems legit - thanks KM for drawing attention to and linking it.
As always, anything Sir Alex does or experiences will have an impact on the world. When he is fully recovered and let's hope that it's in the near future, I can see Sir Alex getting involved in health campaigns for getting blood pressure checked regularly, awareness of brain conditions and diseases, and just helping make people aware that all this is very real and we need to think about it and prevent it.
He will pull through this and something positive will come from it - making good things happen is a Sir Alex Ferguson attribute.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Did anyone else interpret asking about results as United results in the past
Some have suggested as much.

The article though, does have captioned under a pic, "The footballing legend is sitting up talking and quizzing doctors about his test results just two days after suffering a brain hemorrhage, according to friends."

Now, whether that's accurate, who knows?

Norris

Thank God.... I hope the DM is right on this one. I hope he gets well soon and is soon attending matches once again. The man is Man Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.