Gaming Fifa 10

PeteReDevil

iPete
I'm loving this. Finally got my copy today.

Just a question though. I have not played Fifa for a long while as I have being playing PES all along. So which mode in fifa is equivalent with that of PES's master league mode? Is it the Manager Mode or the tournament mode?
manager mode

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
It's so easy, you have to use the "jockey" (L2/LT) button in order to fight for space and then use press the clearance,pass button at the right time.
TIMING for the headers play an extraordinary role, try pressing the button a little too early or to late in training to see the difference
Right, I know it's all about timing. The jockey button seems irrelevent to me...?

When are you supposed to press the button to win the header? Exactly as you want to jump to win it? Earlier or later? It doesn't seem to matter much when you're playing the computer and they want to score, they just win the header regardless.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Right, I know it's all about timing. The jockey button seems irrelevent to me...?

When are you supposed to press the button to win the header? Exactly as you want to jump to win it? Earlier or later? It doesn't seem to matter much when you're playing the computer and they want to score, they just win the header regardless.
It's something you will learn while trying, I sort of got it when playing the demo.
It's hard to explain but just like real football once you know the ball is at perfect height for you to start jumping and heading it, that plus taking into account the response times of the controller

Spammy

I've played Fifa09 all year and the Fifa10 demo, I know what to do to win a header. My point is that when you play against someone with slightly decent jumping or heading stats, it's impossible to win a header against them when they are under the computer's control.

kouroux

It's not impossible, it's just very unlikely.The same happens with me when I control these players and fight for a header against a weaker opponent, most of the time I win the header and rightly so tbh.
It's realistic

nimic

something nice
Scout
My conclusion after playing one friendly in Manager mode versus Blackburn on Legendary?

I'm rubbish at this game. I think I might have to bump it back down to World Class and take it from there.

I had about a million chances, but couldn't get it in the net.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Whatever they've changed I've become magically not shit at this anymore.
The thing that made me awesome must have been the thing that made you shit.

I played very well in the demo, but then that was World Class. Maybe I'm just too used to that. I think I need to start a Manager Mode game in a lower division, so I don't get sacked if I'm shit at first.

Ivor Ballokov

Played my first game in snow, I was aston villa in their white away kit and the game decided to not bother with a orange ball, had no idea what was going on.

Spammy

I must say I'm not overly impressed. I queued for an hour last night to buy this and it's proved so far to be very frustrating. The new muscling off the ball bollocks seems like a quick fix to stop people bombing it around with quick players. So instead of speed having too much influence on the gameplay, strength now has too much influence on the gameplay.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I must say I'm not overly impressed. I queued for an hour last night to buy this and it's proved so far to be very frustrating. The new muscling off the ball bollocks seems like a quick fix to stop people bombing it around with quick players. So instead of speed having too much influence on the gameplay, strength now has too much influence on the gameplay.
Admit it, you're just shit.

If you're having too much trouble with the strength aspect, lower your difficulty level and it will be better.

Domzi

fecking cnuts that I pre-ordered it off haven't delivered it. The ratings for United are fecking shocking. That's what you get when you get some fecking Canadian cnuts in Vancouver deciding the ratings.

kouroux

:lol:

It's NOT realistic!!

Cahill wins every header against a 6'5'' ox of a defender in a 50-50 contest!

The idea of timing your headers is great, it's just not that well implemented imo.
Guess what, I'm able to do that very well with Cahill against the likes of Terry,Carvalho and Co.
Maybe you're just not good enough at this

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I need more convincing.

Do players still insist on shooting with the outside of their foot, even when it makes more sense not to?
Is it now possible to play against the computer without the computer having half it's team either booked or sent off?
Does the ball still ping pong around as if it's connected to a bit of string?
Have any of the things that ruined the last game actually been fixed?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I need more convincing.

Do players still insist on shooting with the outside of their foot, even when it makes more sense not to?
Is it now possible to play against the computer without the computer having half it's team either booked or sent off?
Does the ball still ping pong around as if it's connected to a bit of string?
Have any of the things that ruined the last game actually been fixed?
You're not gonna get a straight answer here. Check out the demo.

nimic

something nice
Scout
This just seems a completely different game to the demo. Or maybe I just need to play some more. I just played terribly, but managed to secure a 88th minute 2-1 win over Aston Villa, after a Rooney shot from outside the area that went straight at the goalkeeper, on the ground, but just before it hit the keeper threw himself down, letting the ball pass under him just that instant.

My first goal was a chip that the keeper should have saved, not to mention he shouldn't have gone so far out that I could chip in the first place.

ben_united

This just seems a completely different game to the demo. Or maybe I just need to play some more. I just played terribly, but managed to secure a 88th minute 2-1 win over Aston Villa, after a Rooney shot from outside the area that went straight at the goalkeeper, on the ground, but just before it hit the keeper threw himself down, letting the ball pass under him just that instant.

My first goal was a chip that the keeper should have saved, not to mention he shouldn't have gone so far out that I could chip in the first place.
What level is that on?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Game are fecking spastics, pre-ordered off them and it hasn't arrived. It's sold out in both my local Tescos and Morrisons...

Die Game.co.uk, Die...

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Game are fecking spastics, pre-ordered off them and it hasn't arrived. It's sold out in both my local Tescos and Morrisons...

Die Game.co.uk, Die...
I was going to say go and complain to them, but on the website they say:

If I Preorder an item when will I receive it?
We will ship your preordered item to you prior to release via your chosen method of shipping. The vast majority of preorders arrive for the day of release. However we cannot guarantee delivery by release date for standard Royal Mail deliveries, because Royal Mail cannot make this guarantee. Choose Special Delivery to ensure it is delivered for the release date. Please note that International orders will take longer to be delivered. Please note that release dates are subject to change.
So yeah, they're just cnuts.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
I believe my first match will be a replay of the champions league final. Should be fun, or not if it turns out the way the real one did.
Use the exact same formation and players (transfer ROnaldo back!).

And submerse your hands in freezing water for a few minutes before you pick up the controlled for the authentic Champions League Final 2009 performance.

DanY2J

Is anyone having trouble selecting quick tatics during the game if using the toggle - it just flashes and you cant actually select "high pressure" etc???