Gaming Fifa 12

Anderson8

Commentary this year will be interesting , not just because they'll be new commentators after the Gray incident unfortunately spelled the end for Martin Tyler too, but because in recent years the commentary has become rather irritating. Take this year for example, the ref plays advantage and your hear "yeah, well done the ref, good stuff" in an extremely weird, sarcastic tone that gets on my nerves every single time I hear it. FIFA 10 was even worse, at the end of every game when the injury time was signalled they found it necessary to inform you on how the process of injury time actually came about, rather than what the situation on the field was. "Its the referee that decides how much injury time will be played, he then sends a signal to the fourth official, who displays it on the electronic board". Who the feck cares!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
^^ yup. The commentary hasn't changed for years. They still talk about Chelsea as though Moureen is in charge.

redspoony

Commentary this year will be interesting , not just because they'll be new commentators after the Gray incident unfortunately spelled the end for Martin Tyler too, but because in recent years the commentary has become rather irritating. Take this year for example, the ref plays advantage and your hear "yeah, well done the ref, good stuff" in an extremely weird, sarcastic tone that gets on my nerves every single time I hear it. FIFA 10 was even worse, at the end of every game when the injury time was signalled they found it necessary to inform you on how the process of injury time actually came about, rather than what the situation on the field was. "Its the referee that decides how much injury time will be played, he then sends a signal to the fourth official, who displays it on the electronic board". Who the feck cares!
The worst bit is when they start sucking each other off about how "its been a privelage" working with each other.

I hardly ever play with the volume turned up on Fifa now.

Anderson8

Not to mention when they go to refer to a specific players name, realise they haven't done a recording of his name and say "its a good tackle, from THE PLAYER"

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Release date confirmed to be on 30 September.

FIFA 12 Release Date Confirmed | FIFA Soccer Blog

Stick 30th September 2011 in your diaries because that’s when FIFA 12 will be hitting store shelves across all platforms. This date had been heavily rumoured after an unfortunate slip with some promotional material but our sources have now confirmed the 30th September as the release date for FIFA 12.

FIFA 12 will launch on the PS3, Xbox360, PC, PSP, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, PS2, iPhone, iPad and it will also makes its first appearance on the MAC too. No mention yet on the PSVita but once Sony’s latest handheld drops you’d expect EA SPORTS and FIFA to be hot on its heels.

The countdown begins.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There's no way it's going to run fine on my mac. Ps3 it will be. Can't say I'm excited though. But my football addiction means I have to get it. I'm a slave. Like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Hal9000

One thing that always irked me about Fifa 11 was, whilst playing in be a pro mode, you'll be playing with team mates that should of retired 100 years ago. I'm in 2018 and playing with United and my teams mates feature, Van Der Sar, Giggs, Scholes and Ferdinand.

amolbhatia50k

I just had a look at NBA2K11 and it's staggering how far behind football games are. Ea in particularly just seem to be milking the popularity of the game and being fecking lazy. It's rather pathetic that an NBA game looks and (by all accounts) feels absolutely brilliant, and the games for the most popular sport in the world, by far, seem to improve by the length of a hair every year.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What's that supposed to mean Pavan? Pavvy? Pavlyuchenko? Pavarotti? Pavvi? Pavster? Pavv Dawg? Pavvo? Pavverz? Pazza? Pasta? Pazzi? Pavoo? Pavooney? Paving? Pavement? Pavmaster Pav? Pavipav? Pavvz? PavUtdisdabest? Pavvweeeyyy? Pavoloni? Pavizza? Mr Pav? Dr. Pav? Earth, wind and Pav? Pav? Pavaran? Pelvis? Pavlova? Pavlov's dog? Pavverraver? Pavstar? Pav Dogg? Pavaroo? Pavva? Pavani? Pavioli? Paveener? Pavio Da Silva? Pavra? Pavant? Pavios? Pavius? Lady Pavpav? Pav Pitt? P-Pav? Pavman? Pava Nadal? Pavler? Pavder? His Royal Pavness? Paverslaver? Pavcunt?

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I just had a look at NBA2K11 and it's staggering how far behind football games are. Ea in particularly just seem to be milking the popularity of the game and being fecking lazy. It's rather pathetic that an NBA game looks and (by all accounts) feels absolutely brilliant, and the games for the most popular sport in the world, by far, seem to improve by the length of a hair every year.
NBA2K11 is the best sports game simulation of any sport out there. It truely a great game. FIFA 11 is so far behind it in terms of presentation and gameplay it's untrue.

FIFA games have along way to come and it'll be interesting to see where they are with their latest version of the game.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
What's that supposed to mean Pavan? Pavvy? Pavlyuchenko? Pavarotti? Pavvi? Pavster? Pavv Dawg? Pavvo? Pavverz? Pazza? Pasta? Pazzi? Pavoo? Pavooney? Paving? Pavement? Pavmaster Pav? Pavipav? Pavvz? PavUtdisdabest? Pavvweeeyyy? Pavoloni? Pavizza? Mr Pav? Dr. Pav? Earth, wind and Pav? Pav? Pavaran? Pelvis? Pavlova? Pavlov's dog? Pavverraver? Pavstar? Pav Dogg? Pavaroo? Pavva? Pavani? Pavioli? Paveener? Pavio Da Silva? Pavra? Pavant? Pavios? Pavius? Lady Pavpav? Pav Pitt? P-Pav? Pavman? Pava Nadal? Pavler? Pavder? His Royal Pavness? Paverslaver? Pavcunt?
:(

Rest i liked though, mind.

amolbhatia50k

NBA2K11 is the best sports game simulation of any sport out there. It truely a great game. FIFA 11 is so far behind it in terms of presentation and gameplay it's untrue.

FIFA games have along way to come and it'll be interesting to see where they are with their latest version of the game.
Forget gameplay, I was shocked to even see the presentation and graphics. It's miles and I mean miiiiles ahead of the football games. I'm getting it tomorrow. *

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I am torn between buying one of FIFA 12 and FM 2012. I can get only one. I don't know which one to buy.

Luminous Lizard

On day of release you can get it for around £25 from Asda or Tesco or something. Much cheaper than getting it from game or whatever.

amolbhatia50k

And 2k are also behind top spin 4, the best sports game I've played in ages. They should make a football game!

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Forget gameplay, I was shocked to even see the presentation and graphics. It's miles and I mean miiiiles ahead of the football games. I'm getting it tomorrow. *
I agree, NBA2K11 beats it hands down in every department. It's what FIFA should be striving to get to.

You won't be disappointed with 2K11 either, it's fantastic!

Back on to FIFA, anyone worried at all about the new collision detection? I'm just hoping that we don't see player on their arses all the time or a huge amount of injuries.

I'm glad they've taken the 'X' button pressing option. That basically broke FIFA for me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I doubt it. He'll have low strength so defenders can just shrug him off.
Hopefully the new precision dribbling and close control helps nerf that, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Chrisjn

Does this mean strikers now have the required braincells to make desirable runs?

Luminous Lizard

I hope the defenders have the same decision making prossess and note that Crouch has a good aerial threat so they should close down the crosser and mark Crouch and muscle him away from goal. I'm sick of defenders just letting the striker have as much room as they want in the area!

kps88

Sounds good. As long as Tyler doesn't keep calling Rio "the strong one".

Doevle

Best sports game I`ve ever played by quite a margin.