Gaming FIFA 17

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I have to say I have been extremely lucky this season, I pulled Benzema who I sold for 80k, Pique, 20k, Clyne 16k, and yesterday I pulled an IF Veratti which sold for 70k, so I have built a decent PL team wth De Gea who I had to buy for 110k with plenty of change to get Lukaku who I love as a lone striker. It's the luck of the draw I guess!
Best I have managed is Kane. Sold him for 14k.

I am sticking with a basic gold team at the minute and if I get anyone decent in packs I am selling while the prices are still stupidly high. A few weeks they should hopefully have dropped quite a bit.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Gave this a go and I love the theory of it.

However, I am not used to playing 3 at the back and sadly found wingers and wide attacks very hard to deal with
When I use it my opponent barely gets through my crowded midfield there's just too many bodies in the midfield but you do have to be a good defender still just in case. I put the tactics on the pad to defensive and counter attack too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Messed around with the sliders and career mode is decent fun now. Feels like the CPU don't just keep the ball for the sake of it and their passes actually have purpose.

I sold Romero, Schneid, Schwein, Rojo and Fellaini. Bought Bellerin and Oxford.

My team is usually:

de Gea
Bellerin - Smalling - Bailly - Shaw
Herrera - Pogba
Mkhitaryan - Mata - Martial
Rashford​

Cup team is:

Johnstone
Valencia - Tuanzebe - Oxford - Blind
Carrick - Fosu-Mensah
Lingard - Rooney - Memphis
Ibra​

Tried to sell Darmian and Rooney but couldn't. Prob should have bought a back-up CM but oh well. I'm finding Ibra to be shit, haven't scored a single goal with him and I'm about 10 games in.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Does anyone know how the training works? At the min I'm just setting it up every week but only training the same couple of players. Do other players improve if I don't train them?

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
The training method to improve your players has got to be the shittest addition to career mode in Fifa history. So exceedingly tedious.

Baxter

The matchmaking is absolutely horrible. Normally I'll accept a half star difference but I put it on restrictive to my star quality. I choose Besiktas and get matched against some cnut from using City who then refuses to mutual quit. I absolutely dominate him but can't beat bravo with my 75 rated striker and he scored 2 goals from 3 shots with Aguero. What the feck is the point, especially when I'd won 8 in a row previous only to lose it like that :lol:

DarkXaero

Messed around with the sliders and career mode is decent fun now. Feels like the CPU don't just keep the ball for the sake of it and their passes actually have purpose.

I sold Romero, Schneid, Schwein, Rojo and Fellaini. Bought Bellerin and Oxford.

My team is usually:

de Gea
Bellerin - Smalling - Bailly - Shaw
Herrera - Pogba
Mkhitaryan - Mata - Martial
Rashford​

Cup team is:

Johnstone
Valencia - Tuanzebe - Oxford - Blind
Carrick - Fosu-Mensah
Lingard - Rooney - Memphis
Ibra​

Tried to sell Darmian and Rooney but couldn't. Prob should have bought a back-up CM but oh well. I'm finding Ibra to be shit, haven't scored a single goal with him and I'm about 10 games in.
I started Career mode with United too. Sold Rooney, Romero, Schneiderlin, Rojo, Fellaini, Mata, Valencia. I went all out muppet and signed Greizmann (80m GBP), Saul (21m), Aurier (35m), and Andrew Robertson (5m) as backup LB.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I started Career mode with United too. Sold Rooney, Romero, Schneiderlin, Rojo, Fellaini, Mata, Valencia. I went all out muppet and signed Greizmann (80m GBP), Saul (21m), Aurier (35m), and Andrew Robertson (5m) as backup LB.
I think I'll go for Griezmann in the summer and shift Ibra. Also keeping an eye on Ousmane Dembele and Oliver Burke. Maybe Dele Alli too.

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General
I never understood the need to use a headset against strangers on Fifa, unless the sole purpose is to try and troll. The people who I've encountered who use headsets sound a bit challenged to be fair, so may have answered my own question.

Having said that I do find it amazingly satisfying to beat someone with a headset who is using it to give you shit. I played some scouse guy the other night on UT and he just kept saying "you're shit" over and over again. He goes 1-0 up and runs around the pitch doing Bale's heart celebration, screaming "goooooallllll". It was extremely gratifying when I came back to 3-1, each time using the stupid heart celebration, running the length of the pitch in retaliation. He rage quit at that point.

Living the dream.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
I never understood the need to use a headset against strangers on Fifa, unless the sole purpose is to try and troll. The people who I've encountered who use headsets sound a bit challenged to be fair, so may have answered my own question.

Having said that I do find it amazingly satisfying to beat someone with a headset who is using it to give you shit. I played some scouse guy the other night on UT and he just kept saying "you're shit" over and over again. He goes 1-0 up and runs around the pitch doing Bale's heart celebration, screaming "goooooallllll". It was extremely gratifying when I came back to 3-1, each time using the stupid heart celebration, running the length of the pitch in retaliation. He rage quite at that point.

Living the dream.
This :lol:

Only time I use headset on FIFA is when playing against my brother.

Jacob

Ranking up your pro goes super quick this year. My VP is rated 89 after less than 30 games :/

SirAF

Ageist
Up to 8th division now. I'm finding it quite hard to break down players, even in the lower divisions.

SSSSnake

In FUT I'm in division 4 currently with 4 wins in 4 so looking good for the promotion. I've adjusted to 4-3-3 as it seems wingers are more effective this year. Having shit luck with packs though. The best I pulled is Koke. I hate how high the prices are. I saved up all my pennies to get James Rodriquez for like 88k! Now I have to start form the bottom again to build up the coins for Griezmann. Takes the piss!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
How exactly did you do this? I hate it when they just pass the ball around without any intention to try and score a goal.

El-Manos

Is the Journey only one season? That's a bit shite.. And I picked Crystal Palace deliberately so I would get more playtime. I just wasted the whole story on playing with Crystal Palace, feckin great:lol::lol::lol:

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
yep and harry kane always jolns your team
Harry Kane joined which was the reason why we get sent out on loan, yet when we come back he never plays. He even went full John Terry, and in a game he didn't play in, did a post match interview, full kit wanker style praising me for how well we play together. We've never been on the pitch at the same time.

He also seemed to a little "Bitch Stewie"

Red Stone

This :lol:

Only time I use headset on FIFA is when playing against my brother.
I once played against a guy using Real Madrid who passed it to Ronaldo at any opportunity and yelled "RONALDOOOO! OOOOOHHH RONALDO! RONALDOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!" constantly while he had the ball.

Sure that wasn't you?

SirAF

Ageist
I once played against a guy using Real Madrid who passed it to Ronaldo at any opportunity and yelled "RONALDOOOO! OOOOOHHH RONALDO! RONALDOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!" constantly while he had the ball.

Sure that wasn't you?
I shouldn't drink and play FIFA.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How exactly did you do this? I hate it when they just pass the ball around without any intention to try and score a goal.
Someone posted some slider settings here a few pages back and I used them, while tweaking them to my taste. Increased error in CPU passing but also increasing their run frequency, stuff like that.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm not finding World Class overly difficult this year compared to the past two Fifa' and I find there's a big difference between good and poor AI teams finally. Not found a need to adjust the sliders anyway, it's just right for me. In my second season with Palace after getting them 4th in my first season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Been playing Ultimate team a bit the past few days, was only getting the daily packs before and random trading on the web app. Built myself a Bosnia team (without Pjanic because his price went from like 40k to 75k in the space of a week for no reason), and then a premier league side:

Begovic
Bellerin Williams Blind Shaw
Xhaka
Mkhitaryan Alli Barkley Martial
Kane
Bellerin is only a loan but I'll buy him by the time his loan is done so yeah. Plan on trying to get something like Eriksen and Silva to replace Alli and Barkley or something like that.

Parry Gallister

In FUT I'm in division 4 currently with 4 wins in 4 so looking good for the promotion. I've adjusted to 4-3-3 as it seems wingers are more effective this year. Having shit luck with packs though. The best I pulled is Koke. I hate how high the prices are. I saved up all my pennies to get James Rodriquez for like 88k! Now I have to start form the bottom again to build up the coins for Griezmann. Takes the piss!
Yeah I did the same from originally using a 4321 with wide midfielders. Wingers crossing to the front of the box (opposite end from the keeper) seems to be lethal. Getting in the Spanish Williams and the french kid (Dembele? Can't fecking remember) who're fast enough to get there and do it has put me up 2 divisions already, struggled with scoring consistently before.

Parry Gallister

What's the best league to choose for a throwaway gold team for single player game? That's my usual UT tactic early on to build up a decent squad on the side but I generally can't be arsed to look around this year.
I quite like the froggy league for Fifa, good players everywhere and aside from the big names not too pricey or popular. The national team is good too and quite a few French players are in La Liga/the prem so getting decent chemistry going isn't too hard.

Parry Gallister

Depends on if you're prepared to buy a few packs. I spent £8 and got crazy lucky; Coutinho, Sturtidge, Mata, Smalling in just 6 packs. Sold Sturridge for 84000 coins, Coutinho for 60000, and Smalling for 29000.

Spending money aside, I would say the coin boosts in the catalogue are your best bet.
Incredible luck, my packs are utter shite, I think my best player from one so far was Okore who's now at FC Copenhagen. Seems like transfer prices are already getting cheaper though.

Baxter

Put £15 to try and give ultimate team a bash, as div 1 in seasons is becoming repetitive. Playing the same people over and over.

Reina
Aurier Albiol Martinez Gaya
Verratti Diarra Thiago
Lucas Cavani Coman

Quite and enjoyable team to use.

Bestie07

Started the career mode with Newcastle, sold most of the players they had to raise money and bought Rashford, Iheanacho, Brandt, Tielemans, Dembele, Kimmich, TFM, Grimaldi, Tah and Donnarumma over three transfer windows. Just need to get a decent right back and I'm set for a decade. :D

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Started the career mode with Newcastle, sold most of the players they had to raise money and bought Rashford, Iheanacho, Brandt, Tielemans, Dembele, Kimmich, TFM, Grimaldi, Tah and Donnarumma over three transfer windows. Just need to get a decent right back and I'm set for a decade. :D
That's the problem with career mode on fifa. After a couple of seasons no matter what team you're at you can make a wonder team.

I'd love it to be a challenge to get an excellent team together like you've described. Wonder kids should be moving to other big teams instead of being able to be picked up by Newcastle.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Harry Kane joined which was the reason why we get sent out on loan, yet when we come back he never plays. He even went full John Terry, and in a game he didn't play in, did a post match interview, full kit wanker style praising me for how well we play together. We've never been on the pitch at the same time.
He kept tweeting me saying he can't wait for us to smash the next game. He never played. Also disappointing not getting to play with Ibra.

Is the Journey only one season? That's a bit shite.. And I picked Crystal Palace deliberately so I would get more playtime. I just wasted the whole story on playing with Crystal Palace, feckin great:lol::lol::lol:
:lol: I started one with Leicester because of being told I'd get more game time. About 2 hours in I regretted it and started again.

I think there'll be more to play down the line though.

JON.B

Sloop
He kept tweeting me saying he can't wait for us to smash the next game. He never played. Also disappointing not getting to play with Ibra.

:lol: I started one with Leicester because of being told I'd get more game time. About 2 hours in I regretted it and started again.

I think there'll be more to play down the line though.
The Journey does seems like a good idea but ultimately it's a very flawed one, especially when you consider it is only for one season.

Seems too unrealistic to jump in and sign for one of the big teams when you consider the competition, I decided to join Middlesborough as I thought I'd be in with a good chance of getting in the side. How much difference it makes doing all the training and stuff I don't know, I soon got bored with all that and simulated the sessions. Now on loan at Villa and a regular starter.

Does Harry Kane sign for whoever you decide to join? Originally I was going to go with Hull City but then changed my mind, surely that wouldn't happen.. would it?

Also does it make any difference in terms of picking your playing position at the beginning? I went for CAM but always get picked as a striker.

Would of been a great addition if you could of picked from any playing position on the pitch but only forward players is too limited I feel, I guess it's to fit in with the whole storyline and competitive nature of the two characters. Also would of been better if it lasted say three seasons so you had an opertunity to work your way up to a big move elsewhere if you did well enough. A lot of effort seems to have go in to developing the concept but for me it's lacking depth, so not sure how many times someone's going to play it before it becomes boring, I already hate all the interviews, cringe worthy cut scenes and stupid tweets.

On a side note, I am enjoying playing the game overall, bought FIFA 16 but hardly played it so I'm well out of practice.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Lads I bought the disc for PS4 on Saturday and after some initial problems (PS4 making crazy clicking noises and disc cannot be read after 5 mins playing the demo ) I stuck it on again today to see if I could figure out whats up, no clicking noises and could play a few friendlies while the games installation progress went underway, after 2 hours its still on 49% (was 49% when I turned it on too).

Anybody else experiencing anything like this?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Lads I bought the disc for PS4 on Saturday and after some initial problems (PS4 making crazy clicking noises and disc cannot be read after 5 mins playing the demo ) I stuck it on again today to see if I could figure out whats up, no clicking noises and could play a few friendlies while the games installation progress went underway, after 2 hours its still on 49% (was 49% when I turned it on too).

Anybody else experiencing anything like this?
Mine got stuck at about 84%. Googled it and the solution was to reconnect the PS4 internet connection. Hope this sorts it for you.