Football Betting Thread 15/16

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
For tonight I will bet Colombia +1.5 goals. I've seen it on twitter with a fairly convincing explanation

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

For tonight I will bet Colombia **.5 goals. I've seen it on twitter with a fairly convincing explanation
Is that minus one point five? Redcafe censors the first part for some reason! I'm looking for bets for today as I don't really see any bankers apart from probably Colombia. Portugal should be one but they never perform when I bet on them.

Won £100 on Spain to win to Nil last night, although I was going to put £50 on a treble of Italy win, BTTS Croatia v Czech, Spain win. Would have won a LOT of money there...

*Edit* Just testing if it is what I thought... -0.5 -1.5 +0.5 +1.5 +2.5 +3.5

Just realised it was last night and it's in the Copa America... what a massive brain fart!

At least i've learnt what the censored bit is whenever I see **

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Had a nice double with Argentina -2 handicap and Mexico/Chile +1.5 goals. Recouped most of yesterday's losses.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Got a nice 7-fold on the go:
Infonet (Estonia)
Flora Tallinn (Estonia)
Shanghai Shenhua (China)
Jiangsu Sainty (China)
Cerezo Osaka (Japan)
KPV (Finland)
Sirius (Sweden)

Thought it was dead till Jiangsu scored the winner in the 93rd minute. Just got Sirius and KPV left to play. Sirius are already 3-0 up. Might cash out after that game.

Edit: Wow, what a last game. Thought I'd just let it run and see what happens. Thought I'd blown it when EIF went 2-0 up just after half time. KPV came back and scored 3 in the last 23 minutes with the winner coming in the 89th! :lol:

Last edited:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Found a pretty good bet on Unibet:

Grosicki to be substituted @ 2.2

He's only played 90 minutes 4 times all season for Rennes, and for Poland he was subbed off in over 3/4 of the qualifiers, came off the bench in two of the group stage games and was subbed off in the other. He's an inconsistent creative player with good replacements on the bench so is always ones of the favourites to come off regardless of the result. 2.2 seems very high.

Also went for a slightly riskier one:

Xhaka to have a pass completion % below 89.5 @ 2.2

He's made the 2nd most passes in the tournament and averages 92% currently, but I think Poland are tougher to play through than the teams he's been up against so far and I think they'll have to start chasing the game and playing riskier at some point.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
@Brwned wow didnt know Unibet had such a big selections of bets, is that only for Euro or you can bet on this things for EPL/CL etc.?

Brwned

Not sure. I only ever use it for the major international tournaments. They might do it for the latter stages of the UCL but I'd be surprised if they did it for the PL.

Brwned

Found a pretty good bet on Unibet:

Grosicki to be substituted @ 2.2

He's only played 90 minutes 4 times all season for Rennes, and for Poland he was subbed off in over 3/4 of the qualifiers, came off the bench in two of the group stage games and was subbed off in the other. He's an inconsistent creative player with good replacements on the bench so is always ones of the favourites to come off regardless of the result. 2.2 seems very high.

Also went for a slightly riskier one:

Xhaka to have a pass completion % below 89.5 @ 2.2

He's made the 2nd most passes in the tournament and averages 92% currently, but I think Poland are tougher to play through than the teams he's been up against so far and I think they'll have to start chasing the game and playing riskier at some point.
:nervous:

UEFA's stats are slightly different and are generally slightly higher, for whatever reason, so I think I probably just missed it...worth a shot!

Apparently I lost the bet for Grosicki...

Ridiculous. They best be changing that. He quite clearly didn't play the whole match and there's no specification about 90 mins only.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

UEFA's stats are slightly different and are generally slightly higher, for whatever reason, so I think I probably just missed it...worth a shot!

Ridiculous. They best be changing that. He quite clearly didn't play the whole match and there's no specification about 90 mins only.
Unlucky. Think you'll find though that most bets are usually for the 90mins plus any injury time, which is usually deemed as the full match. They very rarely include extra time unless specifically stated e.g. Poland to win in extra time or Grosicki to be subbed in extra time.

Think you've lost that one mate.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

These bets are nearly always for 90 minutes.

Brwned

Nah, I spoke to their customer service folk and they said there was some confusion on their end about whether it applies to extra time or not. I expect them to pay out because they agreed it's misleading. It's not comparable to correct score or things like that because of the explicit mention of "the whole match".

Brwned

Portugal to have over 52.5% possession @ 1.65

Croatia don't need to dominate possession - they're very purposeful on the ball and will happily take risks to create chance. Against Spain, Croatia had 38% possession. On the flipside Portugal dominate possession - against Iceland they had 70%.

The only risk I see if Portugal get a goal early and look to hit on the break, but even then they're the type to manage the game through keeping the ball.

EDIT: I'm having a great day.

Last edited:

binary bot
I'm having trouble with Betfairs 'closed loop policy'. I originally had put money in with my card about a year ago, I then lost that card and got a replacement. I used the new one recently to put money in and ended up winning a few bets. It now won't let me withdraw the profit without making the net withdrawals on the first card 0.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'm having trouble with Betfairs 'closed loop policy'. I originally had put money in with my card about a year ago, I then lost that card and got a replacement. I used the new one recently to put money in and ended up winning a few bets. It now won't let me withdraw the profit without making the net withdrawals on the first card 0.
Have you contacted them explaining the situation?

binary bot
They sorted it very quickly via live chat, to my surprise. Never came across that anti-money laundering thing, with bet365 I was just withdrawing/depositing for fun

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
They sorted it very quickly via live chat, to my surprise. Never came across that anti-money laundering thing, with bet365 I was just withdrawing/depositing for fun
Yeah they're pretty good in the chat or have been when I've used it.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Yaya Toure to stay at City this transfer window is 7/2 with SkyBet. That's quite good odds in my eyes, at the minute it looks like Inter are his only option and it seems talks have failed to progress. Stones to sign for City at 1/2 is also decent, can't see us not getting him following Laporte's u-turn, we'll end up overpaying and Everton will realise with £40-50m they can sign a better defender and have money to spare.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Yaya Toure to stay at City this transfer window is 7/2 with SkyBet. That's quite good odds in my eyes, at the minute it looks like Inter are his only option and it seems talks have failed to progress. Stones to sign for City at 1/2 is also decent, can't see us not getting him following Laporte's u-turn, we'll end up overpaying and Everton will realise with £40-50m they can sign a better defender and have money to spare.
I'll definitely be having a bit on that 7/2, cheers. Can you double those markets up? A Toure/Pogba to stay double would pay nicely.

Baxter

I've been banned from bet365 offers :( rumbled for the £50 bet offer:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I'll definitely be having a bit on that 7/2, cheers. Can you double those markets up? A Toure/Pogba to stay double would pay nicely.
Nope, unfortunately not. They are definitely worth keeping an eye on though, they are normally crap odds but occasionally some great ones sneak through.

Damn :( did you ever do the method where you guarantee profit or only the voided FGS one?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Nope, unfortunately not. They are definitely worth keeping an eye on though, they are normally crap odds but occasionally some great ones sneak through.
I wonder why that is? Why aren't you able to do transfer accas?

RonaldoVII

You had it coming to be fair, as does anyone else exploiting the offer with a FGS bet that will be void. Instead of doing that you're best laying your selection on an exchange for a £1-2 qualifying loss and keeping your account. Still, bit of a wounder with one likely to be on the final most are expecting.

Baxter

Damn :( did you ever do the method where you guarantee profit or only the voided FGS one?
Always voided FGS. Weird because I won 3/4 in a row then they only voided it after the Belgium one the other day. Ah well. I'll try and get my brother to do it for me :lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Club friendlies acca doing nicely at the mo:

FK Liepaja
FC Astana
FC Kuressaare
UCD
Limerick
Red Star Belgrade
Dynamo Kiev
CSKA Moscow

Only UCD and Limerick left to run in ROI Div 1 and both 4-1 up with 10 minutes left to play.

Edit: Easy peasy...

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
How were you informed?? Last one I did, I went for over 1.5 total goals, which came good anyway so was better off.

klayton88

Does anybody fancy a big outsider like last year or will it be business as usual for the title next year?

Thinking of having £10 on West Ham at 100/1 - Played some good football towards the back end of last season and with a few additions I wouldn't write them out of the the top 4 at the very least.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Does anybody fancy a big outsider like last year or will it be business as usual for the title next year?

Thinking of having £10 on West Ham at 100/1 - Played some good football towards the back end of last season and with a few additions I wouldn't write them out of the the top 4 at the very least.
I also gave them a shout in the "So how many of you have or will be putting money on us to win the league thread?". Yeah I think they're definitely worth an outside punt if they keep Payet and Bilic. Plus I hear that Carlos Bacca's also on the way and they're chasing Bolasie. They could definitely be a top 4 contender.

Baxter

How were you informed?? Last one I did, I went for over 1.5 total goals, which came good anyway so was better off.
They emailed me saying I wasn't eligible for any offers anymore.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
After just putting my top six prediction in another thread I thought I'd place the same bet, I can't find anywhere that does it though. I've looked at the ones I'm registered with which are willhill, sky and 365 but no joy.

The closest I found was a 1,2 straight forecast, United followed by Spurs was 25/1!! I assume you'd get fantastic odds on top six straight.

Anyone know a way to do this?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
After just putting my top six prediction in another thread I thought I'd place the same bet, I can't find anywhere that does it though. I've looked at the ones I'm registered with which are willhill, sky and 365 but no joy.

The closest I found was a 1,2 straight forecast, United followed by Spurs was 25/1!! I assume you'd get fantastic odds on top six straight.

If you have Twitter you can tweet the SkyBet account and use the hashtag #RequestABet with whatever is you want odds for and they should get back to you. Not sure about Bet365 and William Hill, although most bookies will let you request odds for a bet if you get in contact.

20solskjaer

Bet365 have an 'others on request' bit that you can click on the website, you should be aboe to use that to request a price for it from them

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
If you have Twitter you can tweet the SkyBet account and use the hashtag #RequestABet with whatever is you want odds for and they should get back to you. Not sure about Bet365 and William Hill, although most bookies will let you request odds for a bet if you get in contact.
Bet365 have an 'others on request' bit that you can click on the website, you should be aboe to use that to request a price for it from them
Thanks both. I've never requested Odds in the past, didn't know one could. Will certainly look into that.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Stoke to make Top 10 at 3/1? Anyone?
Slightly inflated odds but you can be pretty sure Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Man City are going to be in top half of the table so that's six places taken. Extra 4 spots and you have West Ham, Southampton, Everton and a few other very good sides. Stoke should be better than a lot of them though. They were comfortably 9th last season.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Had a nice 14-fold Scottish Cup acca come good tonight:

Peterhead, Stranraer, St. Mirren, Rangers, Raith Rovers, Queen of South, Norton, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Dundee Utd, Brechin, Alloa with Legia Warsaw and Red Star Belgrave thrown in for good measure.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Bayern Munich to beat City at 17/20 is worth considering, as is over 1.5 Bayern goals at 8/11 which is probably a bit safer. Always have to be cautious betting on friendlies but it seems Bayern will have more first team players involved such as Ribery, Lahm, Alonso, Neuer, Alaba etc. whereas City will mostly be using younger players, especially in defence.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If I create a football betting thread for 16/17 can we get it pinned @Raoul?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Bayern Munich to beat City at 17/20 is worth considering, as is over 1.5 Bayern goals at 8/11 which is probably a bit safer. Always have to be cautious betting on friendlies but it seems Bayern will have more first team players involved such as Ribery, Lahm, Alonso, Neuer, Alaba etc. whereas City will mostly be using younger players, especially in defence.
Where did you see they'll have those guys playing?