Gaming Football Manager 2009

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
^^
sounds like some player from his stats..

But I was looking for someone younger..I'm in 2011/2012
Joe Mattock is quality and worth about 500k. I've got him and Cheik M(something). Those 2 are easily good enough

Liam1989

hey this aint going to be the best post on this but i found out how to post images so ill post some of my players for you lot to see..... not that there like the best players in the world or anything but yeh..

anyway im in my new season 2020 and 2 games gone so far.. and 2 wins!

this is the right winger i was on about ..

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4013/whiteheadi.jpg

this is one that has come through the youth and seems good so far and has been playing alot recently . . attacking midfielder

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5566/pugh.jpg

this is my best player my CB

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/6361/perryb.jpg

this is my midfielder

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4797/jenkins.jpg

my striker :)

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7013/hallam.jpg

my backup RB who came through the youth too

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5316/caseyv.jpg

and now my backup left winger who will be world class apparently :)

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2179/goodall.jpg

now i know this aint the best but there doing the job for me so im happy :)

zain

Believe
Dunno if it's carried over to FM09, but Guilherme was a quality LB on FM08 who could be gotten quite cheaply. I think he'd be 20 at the start of the game.
Damn, there goes my sneaky future LB signing :(

hehe, don't be disheartened, maybe it's only my game that he perhaps didn't come out as good..

on a side note, anyone know a good assistant manager I can hire as Phelan in the game quite frankly just isn't good?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Suggestions for a good left back, long term replacement for Evra?
There aren't many, that's for sure. I was lucky enough to find a very good re-gen who I've built up to take over from Evra in the long-term for a few seasons. He's pretty close to being better than Evra at this point. I'm a few season further in than you, but even if you're just a couple years in it pays off to start looking for youngsters.

Look for stats, since very many of these extremely promising youngsters start out in very small clubs, and can be signed for peanuts if you spot them first.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
You can NEVER go wrong with Joe Mattock... Leighton Baines is always worth a punt at the start of the game as a backup for your starter as well.

English left-backs for the win !

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
2nd season in the prem :)
Wow, no offense mate but some of those players don't seem Premiership quality. Mainly the defender and right back, but then again West Brom are my parent club and seem to consistently finish top half with a squad that's pretty shite by conventional standards so fair play to you.

Liam1989

Wow, no offense mate but some of those players don't seem Premiership quality. Mainly the defender and right back, but then again West Brom are my parent club and seem to consistently finish top half with a squad that's pretty shite by conventional standards so fair play to you.
none taken lol - yeh i was suprised how well i done i was expecting to get relegated tbh. . i like using youth alot though gets more fun out of the game for me plus im doing well so yeh lol

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Good stuff mate, my Worcester side are still fighting for promotion out of the Blue Square Prem so hopefully i'll actually have a fully professional team next season.

I've made them over 100k this season thanks to getting to the third round of the FA cup so i'm well in the black now, for the first time, good times all round, i might even get a transfer budget!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Ive been shouting about Mattock for pages and pages now, bloody slackers. He and Marquinhos were my spots originally i tells you, mine!

Other useful, perhaps underrated players include Zapater (DM/CM), Guilherme (AM/F C, not the leftback one), Trejo (ST, hit and miss, this one is), Camacho (DM), Taiwo (LB), Torje (RW).

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Anyone ever made a decent player out of Jozy Altidore? Considering him for my Parma team, might be able to snap him up at 3.5m age 20.

nimic

something nice
Scout
My game is in 2014, and he's not very spectacular. If you don't think you'll be quite at the top with your Parma yet, he might be worth a shot. But if my game is anything to go by, he's never going to be a top striker.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Mounting a title challenge in 2010/11 so thanks for your info, got Danny Welbeck instead.

Liam1989

Good stuff mate, my Worcester side are still fighting for promotion out of the Blue Square Prem so hopefully i'll actually have a fully professional team next season.

I've made them over 100k this season thanks to getting to the third round of the FA cup so i'm well in the black now, for the first time, good times all round, i might even get a transfer budget!
nice one - i didnt get any transfer budget until the championship 2nd season .. .which is a pisstake thats why i do use youth --- thats the thing they dnt look good but they play like gods!! -- well some of them lol

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Just signed Hulk for my Parma side, hope he gets ANNNGRRYYYY

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General
Has anyone else bought Mario Santana (think that's his name) He's a right winger/right midfielder from Fiorentina.

I got him as one of my Ronaldo replacements for a measley £3.3mil at the start of my game. My scouts told me that he was shit but i thought looking at his stats (very good for a right midfielder, he can dribble, cross and has pass). I've only played one match (against Hull) but he was my man of the match. Was wondering if anyone else had taken a punt on him?

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
Has anyone else bought Mario Santana (think that's his name) He's a right winger/right midfielder from Fiorentina.

I got him as one of my Ronaldo replacements for a measley £3.3mil at the start of my game. My scouts told me that he was shit but i thought looking at his stats (very good for a right midfielder, he can dribble, cross and has pass). I've only played one match (against Hull) but he was my man of the match. Was wondering if anyone else had taken a punt on him?
He was quality for my Fiorentina team. Dangerous but inconsistent.

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
fecking cheating piece of shit game. It knows when you're doing too well that it has to bring you down to earth, and the only way it can do it is by cheating.

I'm top of league 1, won 11, drawn 1, lost 1. Hadn't conceded a single goal at home. Then I was 2-0 up at home when I conceded a first time volley from 35 yards into the top corner from someone with long shots 9, technique 6 and was a fecking shit defender - ended up drawing 2-2. Next game, away, I was 1-0 up when Royce (who'd been peppering my goal all game, showing great pace and strength) smashed in a 35 yard free kick into the bottom corner. It must have gone at lightspeed. I looked at his stats, not one of his stats was over 10!!!! Then I conceded another bullshit goal 2 minutes later and lost the game 2-1, what a surprise. Goodbye Football Manager.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Conceding ridiculous long range goals from shite players is one thing, but it's infuriating when the game just fecks up your players so they literally avoid any kind of defending or possession and just wait for the opposition to score.

Conceded one the other day where my right back just ran straight up the pitch, over the ball without taking it with him, only for the opposition striker to waltz up, nick it and then score, whilst my central defence jogged towards him from the other side of the pitch. Cheating bastard AI

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General
The biggest glitch i ever saw was when i was managing Brazil in the world cup.

I drew USA and when i played the game they literally didn't field a player.

It was just my 11 on the pitch. And my team only won like 24 - 0 or something. With Adriano literally missing the open goal about 5/6 times. Robinho got like 11 goals or something that game.

UBERScholes

The biggest glitch i ever saw was when i was managing Brazil in the world cup.

I drew USA and when i played the game they literally didn't field a player.

It was just my 11 on the pitch. And my team only won like 24 - 0 or something. With Adriano literally missing the open goal about 5/6 times. Robinho got like 11 goals or something that game.
That happened to me recently except it was my Man Utd side who didn't have a single player on the pitch. Ended up losing 30-0 to Burnley. Still managed 32% possession though

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Does anyone else struggle to get a 4-4-2 working as it should? I'm either too defensive or too attacking!

4-3-3/4-5-1 I'm fine and seem to get the right balance though, can't for the life of me work it out.

zain

Believe
Does anyone else struggle to get a 4-4-2 working as it should? I'm either too defensive or too attacking!

4-3-3/4-5-1 I'm fine and seem to get the right balance though, can't for the life of me work it out.
It's then probably due to you not having the right players for the formation...OR...

MORE LIKELY.....

the fact that there's either not enough linking up play, or too big of a gap between defense and midfield..or midfield and attack.....or player roles..

Honestly, I know this is going to sound really really silly..but after reading the TTF Documents and Tactics..it totally changed how I approach the game and the success I get tactically....it's a 50 page PDF and was suggested to me on this forum too, but it is so worth the read cause it brings immense success..

Trust me..have a read..IF you already have not that is.

TTF Documents Tactics - Download from mediafire.com - Filestube.com

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Signed Montolivo with my Parma team and he got injured for 8-10 months in his first game :wenger:

nimic

something nice
Scout

:p

I did say that this was the year I finally won the league again, and it was! After 33 games played, I'm 27-6-0 with 87 points. Arsenal, who have gotten 97, 97 and 96 the past three years, are at 68 points with 35 games played. It figures that the season they finally let up completely, I play so well I'd probably win anyway.

Incidentally, I'm not winning anything else (except the Charity Shield, Super Cup and World Club Cub, obviously). After winning the FA Cup 3 times in a row and the CL 2 times in a row, I went out to Aston Villa and Roma.. Though I've won the double two years in a row before this, winning the league again (even just the league) tastes much better. Ronaldo became a "natural" striker fairly quickly, and he's obviously rated as the best striker in the squad now. Rooney continues to play like shit.

I also (by searching by stats and maximum age) found a young Brazilian who is going to be as good a striker as Ronaldo. I've been burnt a lot of times by promising players who aren't so promising after all, but the two redeeming qualities here are that 1) He's already close to my other strikers, and 2) The scouts tout him as having the potential to equal Ronaldo, who is a step above my other strikers. So even if he just almost makes it, he'll be among the best in the world.

Yay.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
It's then probably due to you not having the right players for the formation...OR...

MORE LIKELY.....

the fact that there's either not enough linking up play, or too big of a gap between defense and midfield..or midfield and attack.....or player roles..

Honestly, I know this is going to sound really really silly..but after reading the TTF Documents and Tactics..it totally changed how I approach the game and the success I get tactically....it's a 50 page PDF and was suggested to me on this forum too, but it is so worth the read cause it brings immense success..

Trust me..have a read..IF you already have not that is.

TTF Documents Tactics - Download from mediafire.com - Filestube.com
Yeah, I've read through that in the past.

I use the ideas in there for a my 4-3-3/4-5-1 and it works, just can't seem to do it for a 4-4-2.

Oh well.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Signed Sergio Aguero for £50mil, got injured in first match. Broken leg out 12 months.

FML.
He's been quite injury prone for me as well. I think I also had him out for some 4-5 months right after I signed him.

I got him for £39 million, after selling Berbatov to Arsenal for £40 million (who has, since then, played for City, Arsenal again and now Liverpool :lol:)

UBERScholes

I bought Aguero once for a Lazio team (£45m) and he was injured most of the time. Nothing major like a broken leg, just loads of thigh strains and dislocated shoulders.

He'd get injured literally everytime he was with Argentina as well, I don't think once he came back from international duty healthy.

Boothy

Just been offered the Czech Republic and sweeden jobs.

I went for the Czech republic

Liam1989

finished 2nd season in the prem today... i finished........ 5th!!! my right winger has ... well been called up to england and is now there first choice winger at 18 his stats have gone up so much its unbelivable --- so first time in europe with the mighty.... um.. weymouth :) will post more pictures of players and how they develop when i do the next season whenever that will be :)