Gaming Football Manager 2009

Domzi

Anyone up for playing a 2 player network game. Must be a serious gamer! Will want to play it every night of the week to actually enjoy it. Don't mind what league etc.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I just found a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge bug :lol:

I had three players who's contracts had run out at the beginning of the new season. So I clicked to release one of them, but when I was on the "are you sure?" screen I clicked the down key on a whim, and the selected news in the background moved from that player, to the next player. And he was the one who was released. I tried it on the third guy as well, and he got released. Then, again on a whim, I decided to try the same on a completely unrelated news story, about a bid Milan had made on a player I had on the shortlist.

Sure enough, my player was still not released, but the Milan news story changed to "the offer has since been withdrawn".

I could abuse the hell out of that, if I wanted to :lol:

nimic

something nice
Scout
Just been offered the Czech Republic and sweeden jobs.

I went for the Czech republic
I was just offered the Brazil job, after they went out of the World Cup to Paraguay. Of course, since I just beat Holland to go through to the next round with Spain, I'm not sure what they expect :lol:

Edit: I just made it into the World Cup Final, where I will meet...

*drum roll*

Chile!

They beat Czech Republic, Paraguay (who, as mentioned, beat Brazil), and then Italy.

Domzi

Alywn and I are looking for one more person to play regularly a FM network game. We're looking to play most nights a week GMT time and you need to be able to host the game as both of us don't seem able to. Leave Alywn or I a PM and we'll get back to you.

SATA

Picked the Renties to manage as i was bored and suddenly felt like being a transfer muppet. Fellani has been a shite buy at 11 million, and Aguero at 35 million was average. Gomez has been amazing though, 3 goals in 2 games so far replacing Drogba.

Flying Fox

Is it just me, or do Madrid go to shit eventually?

I'm in early 2010 at the moment and since the start of the game they've sacked Ramos, hired Ancelotti and now they have.............................

drum roll..........................

Rafa Benítez!!! :lol:

Worth noting that they're 28 points behind me, in 5th. I'm first with 6th games to go.

Jacob

I resigned Beckham for £5M and he's doing wonders.. my current best XI

------------------------Foster----------------------
Neville-------Ferdinand------Vidic-----------Evra
Beckham------Scholes-----Hargreaves----Giggs
---------------Berbatov------Rooney--------------

Bench: VDS, Evans, Rafael, Valencia, Nani, Owen, Carrick

Decotron

major surgery needed there

nimic

something nice
Scout
Is it just me, or do Madrid go to shit eventually?

I'm in early 2010 at the moment and since the start of the game they've sacked Ramos, hired Ancelotti and now they have.............................
It's just you. Barcelona won the first, but now Real Madrid have won the last 5.

Rafa is actually Barcelona manager on my game. Guardiola Chelsea Manager.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Madrid always end up winning the Primera in my game, but they're piss easy to beat in Europe. I'm managing United, Red Star and Spartak Moscow and I've beaten Madrid easily with all three, they're shit. Despite the fact that before I started that game I set up Kaka, Ronaldo, Ribery, Alonso and a few others like Clichy and Villa to join them.

Barcelona always end up struggling though. They've been a UEFA Cup team three seasons in a row. They have a fecking brilliant squad though. I'm hoping one of my managers gets offered that job

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Gone into administration? What does that mean?
They can't pay off their debts and so administrators move in to raise the money by totally fecking up their shit

Surprised there hasn't been a Scouse boycott of FM. Liverpool always end up in administration for me.

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General

On my games Giggs and Scholes are pretty much always past it (tis annoying).

How does Giggs play for you?

Got Mascherano for £7.5m, City bid £18m

Idiots.

Not sure if I'll keep either him or Torres, seeing as I didn't really need either, just saw it as a way to mess them up, and perhaps sell on for a profit

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Found an interesting bug the other night.

Basically, I was in about the 60th minute with 1 substitution left. I decided to use it - bringing on Ronaldo to replace one of my wingers, Saivet. I confirmed the change, but before the next break in play (ie before the sub could take place) my OTHER winger go himself injured, prompting the substitution page to come up. Through a bit of cancelling and chopping, I managed to cancel my previous substitution (which had not yet come to pass) and instead bring on Ronaldo for the injured winger. So on comes CR7, off goes the injured Nicky Martin - all is well, or so i thought.

The strangest thing happened after, when - according to the game - Ronaldo then came on in place of Saivet, the substitution i had originally ordered. Regardless of the fact that Ronaldo was actually already on the pitch. So i ended up playing with 10 men and losing. Ronaldo effectively came on twice - once in place of the injured player, then again for the original substitution which I had set up before the injury.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I'm currently managing South China in the Hong Kong first division. I've basically won everything in my three seasons with the club and i'm already a club legend. It has been a nice experience which have helped me regain my love for the game, i'm now looking for jobs in other countries lower divisons.

Jacob

On my games Giggs and Scholes are pretty much always past it (tis annoying).

How does Giggs play for you?
Giggs and Scholes are my key players, it's the first season mind you.

You have to use them scarcely though as they obviously tire quicker than the rest. Giggs is often used as CM as he's too old for running up and down the wing.

Jacob

Half that team needs replacing

Foster, Neville,Scholes,Giggs, Berbatov

If you dont United struggle for years in this game.
Yeah I know but I like to keep my original squad for as long as possible.. I only sign when I really need to, otherwise I let IRL youngsters through or buy players we have been connected with or just feels United.

Jacob

I very rarely go for United. AFC Wimbledon were my last epic game. Alot more enjoyable imo
Maybe it is, but I keep glaring at United no matter which team I pick.. at the end of the day I'm a United fan and it feels like a certain pick for me.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Just edit your database yourself for the major ones.

Cina

Look a few pages back in the thread there's a guy who's updated the database with about 3000 transfers or something crazy

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
ive been trying to concuct a new formation, behold!

Its been working pretty nicely so far. I use the wing forwards (WFs) to add width to what would otherwise be much too narrow a formation.

Its meant to take advantage of the modern game - most teams (and this extends to real life) use quite attacking fullbacks, leaving space there to be exploited. We all saw how much havoc Ronaldo wreaked by using that space to get round and split apart the CBs.
Using the forwards out wide means they need to be fast, basically with winger-like qualities (Saivet, Ronaldo, Bojan and Marquinhos are great choices), capable of cutting inside and crossing well.
The "issue" is of course, that by putting the forwards out wide, there is no traditional strikers/forwards in the team, meaning you need to have an excellent attacking midfielder (Aguero, Rooney, Marquinhos are good again) to provide that attacking impetus.

You get all the benefits of the diamond midfield - possessional domination. Its important to have the two MCs given a bit of creative freedom so that they can drift out wide when necessary. The attacking midfielder needs to have a lot of attacking quality to make up for the lack of a striker, similarly the defensive midfielder needs to be a real makelele/mascherano "destroyer" type player, to cover for the lack of truly defensive fullbacks.

Basically, you require a lot of bloody good players to pull it off - almost every player needs to be world class to make it work, but when it does, its unstoppable. The wingbacks need to be able to provide a lot of width to your team whilst supporting defensively. The DM needs to be a real destroyer and act almost as a 3rd CB. The CBs themselves need to be rock solid in order to not become isolated and outnumbered in attack (even with the DM getting back and helping). Whilst in attack you need the AM and even the 2 MCs need to provide the central attacking drive in the absence of a centre forward.

When you can get it working its a thing of beauty.

Cina

Walrus, with the players you have, any fecking formation would work. I doubt its the formation that's unstoppable, no offense :p

By the 5th season of my Man Utd game I was tinkering with loads of formations, some absolutely daft ones, but my team was so good that they still demolished everyone.

Jacob

Yes, got Real in the CL group :)

Ljajic is coming along just fine, brought in Wilshere and Fleck for the future. My XI will look like this next season:

-------------------------Foster------------------------
Rafael----------Evans--------Cathcart---------Fabio
Valencia-------Anderson------Ljajic------------Nani
-----------------Rooney-------Welbeck--------------

Bench: Amos, Ferdinand, Carrick, Macheda, Fleck, Giggs

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Walrus, with the players you have, any fecking formation would work. I doubt its the formation that's unstoppable, no offense :p

By the 5th season of my Man Utd game I was tinkering with loads of formations, some absolutely daft ones, but my team was so good that they still demolished everyone.
true enough. the one team i simply cant seem to beat (without multiple saves/reloads) is bloody Arsenal.