Gaming Football Manager 2011

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Downloaded this through a torrent, worked fine for a while, now I get an error message on start-up saying there's no disk in the slot. Solution?

Cina

Downloaded this through a torrent, worked fine for a while, now I get an error message on start-up saying there's no disk in the slot. Solution?
Mount the .iso in Daemon Tools.

Always has to be mounted.

Oh and PS you're a cnut for not paying etc etc...

Probably a stupid question, but how do I insert players in to the game?

Wanna start my own experiment thing with some mates and whatnot, but aint got a clue what to do lol.

There should be a Database Editor in the games install folder and in the Start Menu.

Or you could take the easy approach and use FMRTE after you create the game.

Sw33t

There should be a Database Editor in the games install folder and in the Start Menu.

Or you could take the easy approach and use FMRTE after you create the game.
Ah cool, just looked up FMRTE and downloaded it. Will give it a go later, cheers.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Me: 20 shots, 10 on target, 1 goal.

Other team: 12 shots, 1 on target, 1 goal.

Sigh.

S.A.N.F

Solius I've been reading your posts.

79 minutes, losing.
*Attacking/Overload*
90, 2 minutes of time added on.
Final whistle.
This and the post above, it seems like you are not playing the game 'correctly'. I'm not here to tell you how it should be played, but when you are looking for a goal the only way to find out what is wrong with your team is to actually watch the match, and the general shouts don't really do it, they just adjust the sliders for you so if you have a good idea about what's wrong I recommend doing everything manually.

I tried the shouts for like 1 season then went back to the old school slider things, because they work.

For the first 6-7 games of the season I recommend spending an extra hour or two of gameplay watching your games at normal speed to see how you are giving the ball away, who's missing his passes, how the other teams press against your defense, how's your goalie's distribution, who's making good dribbles, where are the goals coming from(v108) etc..

If you are playing a match you are sure to win you might want to play on extended, but if you need a goal never put highlights.

The time passes sometimes without anything meaningful happening is because the CPU teams know how to kill off teams chasing a goal, they just switch to 4-1-4-1 or something and keep the ball at the back. In this situation you should put normal speed and watch full match to see how you can get the ball back and possibly exploit your way to a goal.

If they are passing the ball around at the back (like us vs Blackburn, sure Blackburndidn't care but still..) increase your closing down to full to your attacking and midfield players, and play a very high defensive line.

If none of this works you can try tightly marking their defensive players with your forwards and wingers and telling your midfield to mark their midfielders tightly too, whilst setting everybody's tackling to hard.

This guarantees they will just kick the ball upfront to waste time when you press them too hard, so you'll get the ball back.

If you're playing against a team with fast forwards this may be risky though, and if your players are tired you're screwed.

Determination is very important at this point too, some players will not bother listening to your instructions, so make sure your players always know who's the boss.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Cheers, it's not like that all the time, I just come into this thread to have a moan it seems. A lot of that I've thought of, but when it comes down to it I can never seem to be bothered to alter that much :lol:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Just thrashed the second placed United 5-1, to put me 4 points ahead with 3 games in hand. I'm not even halfway through the season.

I have an incredible collection of young superstars in my squad, it's almost like I'm cheating.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
if you buy the game today, is there a patch of sorts to get the current teams?

Minkaro

Jonny Evans is a Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. He managed to slide tackle the ball past De Gea. The ball stopped just before the goal line, so he ran and slide tackled it again just to make sure he succeeded in scoring the own goal.

He's being dropped faster than my pants when I heard we might sign Sanchez :mad:

Cold_Boy

I almost win/score a goal every time I am losing after activating the "overload" in team instructions around half time or so.

Crustanoid

Somehow I've managed to go on a run and lifted myself into 4th with 5 games to play. It will be a surprise if I get promoted to League 2 at the first time of asking.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have a 200k wage budget (way under it) but can only offer 26k max even when I set the status as key player, any way to increase this? Can't seem to ask the board.

Crustanoid

Finished in the play off places. My season has been characterised by frequent wins against the stronger sides, and slip ups against not so good sides. If I hadn't have dropped only 6 of those points I'd have been automatically promoted as champions.

Edit: Made it through the play-offs, beating Crawley in the final after extra time. Can't help feeling I massively rode my luck to get promoted, but hey ho - onto League 2. Hopefully now I'll start being able to attract some quality players

Sw33t

I have a 200k wage budget (way under it) but can only offer 26k max even when I set the status as key player, any way to increase this? Can't seem to ask the board.
Only way I can think of is to adjust finances making your tansfer budget lower and your wage budget higher. That will allow you to offer a player a bigger contract, but doesn't help that it decreases your transfer budget by quite a lot

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
So I booted up this game again last night and loaded my last save. I haven't played it in months and had forgotten where I stood, so you can imagine how chuffed I was to see my Brescia side 3rd in the League with 2 games left, on a 6 game winning streak, 3 points clear of 4th and only having to play 14th place Atlanta and 16th place Genoa. I was already planning CL football next season, and what kind of better players I could attract with CL qualification under my belt. I was getting pretty excited, I can tell you.

Anyway, I lost both games finished 6th.

SmashedHombre

I was super annoyed to be honest, I was leading Genoa 1-0 until the 78th minute when they equalised, and then scored a winner in the 94th minute of 2mins added time. If it wasn't for the fact I qualified for the CL already this season and got absolutely destroyed 9-1 on aggregate by Atletico, I probably would have reloaded. So as it stood I decided that CL qualification probably wasn't a good idea anyway. Because as well as suffering the humiliation of letting Forlan put 6 past me, it also did absolutely nothing for my teams morale and had an impact on my league performances.

On the plus side, it appears I have Defour coming in on a free in July.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I seem to have accidently ended up in a title race on my game with Lazio.

With eight games left I sit 4th, where I was hoping to end up. However the table looks like this.

Inter 70 points
Juve 68 points
AC Milan 67 points
Lazio 65 points
Roma 60 points
Napoli 58 points

The teams below Napoli are really far behind but about five games ago I was eleven points off 3rd and had given up hope of finishing there being more worried about Roma who were level on points with me and Napoli who were only a point behind. In my attempts to fend off Roma and Napoli I've somehow managed to catch up and put myself in the mix. I'm still to play the three above me as well.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Best thing about this is that if you squint a bit, you can see the "just giving" advert board to the left of Hargo's name.
:lol::lol: nice one!

BTW, my brother's Tottenham team is being taken over by a consortium and there's a big chance he might get sacked as the new board want to hire Flores! :lol: in 5 seasons he's won:

PL 1, LC 3, FA 3, CL 1 and a few other trophies. :lol:

Don16

Annoying cnut
This game is getting on my tits now. Into 2015, and its as if the game has just decided to turn against me. I'm not exaggerating, my strikers (babacar and rooney) are missing easily 4 one on one's each, every game. They're either hitting them square at the keeper, or ending up at the corner flag. Takes the enjoyment out of the game, because I just know i'm not going to win any game. This happened to anyone else?

cj_sparky

In my TNS game Steve Kean has just left Blackburn for Sunderland in the 4th season. Its 21st December and Sunderland sit in 16th place a whole 16 points behind Blackburn who are in 2nd place....:lol: The game makes me laugh sometimes.

Eugenius

This game is getting on my tits now. Into 2015, and its as if the game has just decided to turn against me. I'm not exaggerating, my strikers (babacar and rooney) are missing easily 4 one on one's each, every game. They're either hitting them square at the keeper, or ending up at the corner flag. Takes the enjoyment out of the game, because I just know i'm not going to win any game. This happened to anyone else?
Change tactics every two seasons at least. Try 4-5-1.

SmashedHombre

Got Matias Fernandez for £5mil. So that's a whole new midfield of Defour and Fernandez for a grand total of £5mil. Tastey.

Somehow got a £29mil transfer budget with Brescia. Seems a bit drastic though so I'm going to make Fernandez my only signing.

SCM

I change my tactics all the time, depending on who I'm playing. Quite annoying. :(
Have the main tactics you use setup in the match preparation option in your teams menu will help learn them during training so if you need to change the players are used to it.

Jonno

Well, this guy is still at my club FC United, we have just got promoted to the Championship, and look how long and how many leagues he has played in, and he has grown into a great player. He is the most capped player at FC United in their history and still only 25

Jonno

My updated screenshot of Nlundulu as the other one was too small. Started the season well, I can't believe how well he has grown with the club, all other players have come and gone as we have grown as a club, but Nlundulu has just got better and better. He has had seasons where he has been a right winger, then as left winger, then as striker, and now he plays just behind my two strikers.

Would love to take him up to the Premiership

Cold_Boy

I am playing with United in 2014

My team:

Adler/Nueur

Rafael/Sergio Ramos
Smalling/Kjaer
Evans/P.Jones
Fabio/Srna

Kroos/Gotze
Fletcher/Veloso
Canales/P.Henrique Ganso
Nani/Valencia

Rooney/Lukaku
Hernandez/Pazzini

Plus: Rodwell, De Gea , Criscito

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I get bored of always being a top club, or the long graft of being a shit club.

So I put a shit team (Meir KA) into the premier league, gave myself no players, a 100 mil budget and a sugar daddy.

Been a very fun game, in my 4th year after spending a total of 205 mil, and receiving just 15 back.

Squad is:

Kameni (Smithies)

Corchia (Jara)
Hangeland (Wilson
Mongongu (Figuerodo)
Rat (A regen)

Witsel (Guiliano)
Sissoko (Mutch)
Gourcuff (Toulalan)
N'Z0gbia (Lamela)

Neymar (Benitez)
Babacar (Kalinic)

With 6 awesome regens in my reserves (I spent 15 mil on them, they're all 16), and a few other squad players (Milito, a young keeper etc)

Pretty fun. My mates in the game as well. Won CL in the third year.