Gaming Football Manager 2016

Ludens the Red

I just had a very reasonable £81m bid for Neymar accepted. However he doesn't think the reigning European and World Club Champions that won the Premier League 2 days before with 3 games to spare and are about to take on Real Madrid in the semi's of this years CL(Barca are out and Real are going to win the league) match his ambitions. Strange lad.
This seems to be normal, I'm Fc United and tried to sign someone off Salford only to be told I didn't match his ambitions. I must be about three divisions higher.

Art Vandelay

This seems to be normal, I'm Fc United and tried to sign someone off Salford only to be told I didn't match his ambitions. I must be about three divisions higher.
I just won the CL again, so that's 2 CL's, the PL, the World Club Championship and an FA Cup final all while Barca have won nothing and we still don't match his ambitions. Messi's profile says he wants to play abroad in the near future too, but he won't consider us either.

Even more confusing is we just made £255m in a month, the board gave me £145m to spend and £5m wage budget. Then told me I can only keep 30% transfer revenue and they won't talk about upgrading the training facilities as we are broke. Dickheads.

Art Vandelay

I think I might have taken revamping my squad a tad too far. So far I've sold Valencia, Januzaj and Lingard for a combined £45m. Schweinsteiger and Mata are talking to clubs for a combined £54.6m. The .6 is BFS. That's all my experienced players over 28 gone. I've signed William Carvalho and Lukaku for a combined £60m(Martinez took the England job, Everton hired Tactics Tim Sherwood who got them relegated and I got Lukaku on the cheap.) With a young rightback named Victor arriving in a couple of days and I'm looking to add Neymar if I can and if I can't then maybe Laporte to spruce up my defence.

So I now have too many players in their prime and a lot of youngster coming through. I really didn't think it through. I've somehow slashed my wage bill though.

Hitchcocker

Hi guys is there any page I can find wonderkids listing? So I can buy players for my United save. Haven't played FM for over five years so the lights of vanden Borre and Freddy Adu have all graduated from wonderkids to mediocre players .

LeftyBlaster

Anyone having lots of trouble trying to play a possession game on this one? On my Dortmund save I'm ripping people apart playing direct attacking football. I switched to United and tried to keep the passing shorter but higher tempo in the team but so many of them are misplacing passes and dawdling on the ball while the defence keeps making silly individual errors like misjudging headers. Very real life like at the moment.

Hitchcocker

Just started a United save. Sold Valdes, Carrick, Fellaini, and Mata. No one would touch Rooney in my game ffs.

Nickosaur

Just started a United save. Sold Valdes, Carrick, Fellaini, and Mata. No one would touch Rooney in my game ffs.
Chelsea bought him off me for 25m! Was well chuffed with that.

Spent most of my budget in the first window getting Bazoer and Tielemans in for next season. Also, need cover for Darmian at RB, are there any cheap decent options?

Art Vandelay

Spent most of my budget in the first window getting Bazoer and Tielemans in for next season. Also, need cover for Darmian at RB, are there any cheap decent options?
If you're United then bringing Rafael back is a decent option at the end of the first season, him and the fans will love you for it and he's still pretty good. I got him for £11m I think. Not overly cheap I know but he's first choice now and I'm probably getting rid of Darmian. Mayke is decent too, but for the first season I just used Tony V as cover for Darmian, he did pretty well.

I want to make a marquee signing, someone world class to help tutor my younger players as their stats seem to massively improve when tutored by Pogba. Neymar is perfect but doesn't want to join. Are there many world class players that actually want to join United? Preferably left wing but AM or right wing would do just as well.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Let's see your tactics then lads.

wr8_utd

:'(
How bad is Giggs? Made him in charge of the team for friendlies and he lost to our Under 21s!

Loon

:lol:
I'd love to get this, but I fear my old 2009 white MacBook would have a hernia. Not that I care about the fancy graphics.

::sonny::

Jonno's Leeds United

How would Manchester United fan Jonno fair at mid table cash strapped Leeds United?

Being a Manchester United fan, there were mixed opinions by the fans and media when I took over. I was hoping to quickly silence my critics. Having looked through the Leeds squad, the first thing I noticed was a core of great young players, players that could be developed into good Premier League players in the future. I wanted to have a go at getting to the playoffs despite being predicted to finish about 15th, so I identified the defence and midfield as an area to strengthen in the summer.

Final League Table

It wasn't as easy as it looks, I spent a lot of the time sat in positions between 1st-4th all season. Only 1-3 points seperated about 6 teams, and we only really pushed away on game 43 of the season when we beat Hull City away from home 1-3. We clinched the title at rival side Preston on the last day of the season, a comfortable 2-0 win.

Transfers

I'd recommend upgrading the defence somewhat, the two lads I brought in at the back were steals for the prices I paid. Absolute machines at Championship level. Joel Campbell was a good january loan signing too after I had TWO winger/inside forwards break their legs in November.

Signing of the Season - Galeano

This lad was the pick of my transfers, £800k, absolutely solid at the back, and had a bit of pace about him which was handy chasing a striker back when playing with a high back line. Barely missed a game and consistently performed.

Signing of the Season Runner Up - Riviere

So come January I was sitting 1st in the league, but I wasn't convinced by my striker Chris Wood. He was a target man but rarely held the ball up, and had only managed about 5 goals in 20. Most of my goals were coming from my IF's either side of him. So I scraped what I could together and went for this guy. £1.8m very well spent. Didn't quite make it at Newcastle and was available almost half price of his value. I liked his pace and acceleration. I wanted a pacey attack and he fit the bill. His goals got us promoted. He was a big player for the big games, our run in towards the end were against sides in the top 6, and he kept scoring when we looked unlikely to win. Great buy.

Formation / Strongest XI

We had a small squad, and the entire 11 picked itself. We struggled with defensive injuries in January and had a big wobble, but when 8 or 9 of these players were fit we generally dominated games with this formation. As I said earlier, I liked the young core of this squad, so I built the team around the players already there in Byram, Cook, Taylor, and Murphy.

Performance of The Season

We were under pressure to get a win, and we exited our bad run of form by pulling out this performance. We had perhaps more important results, but I've picked this as I doubt we will hit this many in a league game for a good few years now.

Next Seasons Objectives

Use the huge TV deal of the Premier League to invest heavily in the defence and attack of the team. I'm aiming to get 5-6 new players into the strongest 11 to ensure a smooth transition to the Premier League. Leeds are a big enough club to attract some good Premier League players.

Flog some of the over performers

Code:
Season    |     League         |     Position    |    Europe    |    Top scorer        |    Achievments
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16    |  Championship      |        1st    |      N/A    |  Riviere (15)         |   Championship Winners
Cool

paulscholes18

1st season. Top with my Alt Madrid side by a point (A. Madrid 69, Braca 68, R.Madrid 65, Bilbao 60) with 6 games to go. Away to Bilbao is my biggest worry but the other 5 are very winnable

Went from 13W and 5D in 18 games to 4W, 1D & 5L in the next 10 but now won 4 on the spin

Beat Real Madrid home and away, Win and Defeat to Barcelona

PSG knocked me out of the Champions League 1st KO stage loss 2-0 away, won 1-0 at home

Ludens the Red

Anyone having lots of trouble trying to play a possession game on this one? On my Dortmund save I'm ripping people apart playing direct attacking football. I switched to United and tried to keep the passing shorter but higher tempo in the team but so many of them are misplacing passes and dawdling on the ball while the defence keeps making silly individual errors like misjudging headers. Very real life like at the moment.
It's actually very easy to play a possession game in this, I was bottom of the table with FC United after 14 games but had the most possession in league and highest passing accuracy but obviously a lot of it was pointless possession.

First bit you're doing wrong is 'high tempo' with short passing, that's a massive no no. tempo isn't about how quick you play or pass it's about how fast you try to get the ball in the opposition half, so possession and short passing contradicts that.
You need low tempo, also make sure you have a 5 man midfield. Also play a more structured style rather than fluid, I know this sounds weird because when you think Barcelona you think fluid high tempo but that's not how it translates in FM, I know this because I read it up after making the same mistakes. Sigames is a good place to get some tips.

I'm still struggling a bit when it comes to finishing and scoring with this style of football but then I'm playing with garbage attackers, you'd probably have better luck with United.

Skizzo

How bad is Giggs? Made him in charge of the team for friendlies and he lost to our Under 21s!
Did you have first team players available for the under 21s team for fitness? It's happened to me a few times where I didn't realize I had made the whole first team eligible, and I had to use a bunch of greyed out players while the under 21s romped me with our starting line up.

LeftyBlaster

It's actually very easy to play a possession game in this, I was bottom of the table with FC United after 14 games but had the most possession in league and highest passing accuracy but obviously a lot of it was pointless possession.

First bit you're doing wrong is 'high tempo' with short passing, that's a massive no no. tempo isn't about how quick you play or pass it's about how fast you try to get the ball in the opposition half, so possession and short passing contradicts that.
You need low tempo, also make sure you have a 5 man midfield. Also play a more structured style rather than fluid, I know this sounds weird because when you think Barcelona you think fluid high tempo but that's not how it translates in FM, I know this because I read it up after making the same mistakes. Sigames is a good place to get some tips.

I'm still struggling a bit when it comes to finishing and scoring with this style of football but then I'm playing with garbage attackers, you'd probably have better luck with United.
Ah I gotcha. I used to play high tempo with short passing in the 2015 version and I was destroying teams. It must be different now.

b82REZ

Mario Fernandes is amazing. An assist machine in my save. Got about 34 assists in the league last season.

gregwar

wasn't going to bother with this years but i'm glad i did, runs alot smoother than the last couple have even on an old(ish) machine.

three thumbs up so far.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Having problem finding the editor file. Ive downloaded the editor from steam but I cant load the database? there isn't a file I can see?

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Started a game in Norway with my local club. After buying a few players who might be above the average player in Norway, I'm 4.00 to win the league this season. The next teams odds are 34.00 :lol:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Which club is that? Had good fun in Norway in 2015.

Difficult to get going in Europe, but eventually I destroyed Liverpool in the Europa and later on scraped a CL win playing a fantastic defensive/possession 4-1-2-3-DM(or whatever they call it now...).

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I'm playing as Strømsgodset. Managed to bring in the very few Norwegian "wonderkids" at the start of the season, and just sold off one of them to carry my club for the season. Managed to get into the Europa League group stages in my first season as well, but failed to move past the group stages on goal difference :(

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Nah, but I got Fossum which is nearly the same talent :drool: When I sell Abu and Fossum/Ajer, I'll get enough money to buy the entire division. Usually I've just picked up talents from all around the world, but now I simply pick off the best players in the division as the home grown rule makes sure that the other clubs arent able to prosper with the cash they receive from me :lol:

drdoityourself

Wish I could get the hang of the new Football Manager. Bought FM 2014 and played it twice. I've been stuck in the past playing Championship Manager 93/94, 97/98 and 01/02. Been playing 01/02 almost every day for 13 years now and it's still not boring.