Gaming Football Manager 2019

No Love

Top stuff @Berbaclass

I had a save with Willem II a few iterations ago when they had been relegated from the Eredivisie - It’s seriously enjoyable to manage in the Netherlands, especially if you look to youth.

As an aside, I was looking for a short-medium term save and seem to have found it by taking over at Sporting Lisbon. They haven’t won a league title since 2002 (!) I believe, which was part of the appeal. Playing a nice 4231 at the minute, with Bruno Fernandes pulling the strings. Very enjoyable.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Had a decent first season in the Eredivisie :lol:

Down to, in no small part, these two guys:

Great free transfer, I've only spent money on two players I think, a Belgian CB from Excelsior for about 190k and 63k for Laukart. This guy on a free was sensational. Had been looking at him for a long time before I managed to snag him. You could probably make a very good team just signing the Ajax/PSV outcasts :lol:

I've had Luckassen since day one here and he's just been amazing. His stats are not the best but pretty balanced and he scored 30 goals in both seasons before we got into the top flight and he scored another 20!

I'll also include my Belgian CB Matthys, who I got from Excelsior. My first choice pairing at the time was good but I wanted a proper long term partner for Kemper so I bought my main rivals best CB who also happened to be a really nice BPD. Came in and fit like a glove.
Still cant believe I got him so cheap!

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

I loaded my game for first time in weeks and remembered I hate my players.

5 of them have a "SIT" icon because I told them they weren't good enough in training... because they weren't good enough in training which they even admitted to.

I've got about 11 players that think they deserve a new contract, every single one of those players has signed a new contract with in the last year and a half. Some of them within the past 8 months.

I've 3 players that asked to leave, but no one will buy. That all now want to stay even though they clearly aren't wanted(Jones, Pereira and Pogba).

My strikers just generally irritate me.

I should never have sold Mata, he was lovely.

Wal2Fra

Started with Gloucester in the Vanarama South. A little over 4k wage budget and no transfer budget. Promoted as champions, which included a 29 games unbeaten run.

Had a really good start to the National league and was in play off spots after 10 games but then it all went to shit! 15 without a win and then the wins came every 3 or 4 loses. Ended up being relagated.

Had a few decent offers throughout the season from league 1 and 2 teams but kept rejecting them as I wanted to fight the relegation battle as I was sure I could escape. Didn't happen but the final week of the season, league 1's Bolton offered me 3k a week (up from 1k at Gloucster) so I took their offer.

Now a new adventure begins!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
"David Silva is running this match and needs to be closed down"

*checks Silva stats*

Condition 49%, orange INJ. 8.9 peformance.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I started a game with updated transfers and from June 2019. Picked Aston Villa and I'm doing great.

Currently 8th after 20 games with a 9-7-4 record and got some really good results against City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

I signed Buffon on a free but after an injury he's been displaced by Wuilker Farinez who I bought for 875k. Also raided Norwich for Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis. Pelayo Morilla cost 1m too and he's been great.

Hoof the ball

Started a game with Javor in the 2nd division of Serbia. Won the league in the first season. In my second season at Javor, I was pipped to the title by Partizan on the last day, finishing in 2nd place. I ended up winning the domestic cup, however. Prediction for the season was relegation fight, so all in all I'm very pleased, especially on a budget of 100k and a negative wage budget over two seasons.

Red Star Belgrade have courted my services after my impressive two seasons with Javor, and I'm pleased to announce that I accepted the position to a top team in Serbia, complete with 55k stadium, 8 million spending, superb youth and training facilities and an exciting youth team. Of course, I'll be nicking my 'Golden Generation' intake from Javor.

No Love

Started a game with Javor in the 2nd division of Serbia. Won the league in the first season. In my second season at Javor, I was pipped to the title by Partizan on the last day, finishing in 2nd place. I ended up winning the domestic cup, however. Prediction for the season was relegation fight, so all in all I'm very pleased, especially on a budget of 100k and a negative wage budget over two seasons.

Red Star Belgrade have courted my services after my impressive two seasons with Javor, and I'm pleased to announce that I accepted the position to a top team in Serbia, complete with 55k stadium, 8 million spending, superb youth and training facilities and an exciting youth team. Of course, I'll be nicking my 'Golden Generation' intake from Javor.
I love that type of save! When you’re headhunted by one of the top teams in the country, after establishing yourself at a lower level. There’s something very immersive about it! :drool:

On an unrelated note, I’m currently playing as Auxerre. Remember those PlayStation 2 kits they had? Those were the days! :drool:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is there not a way to get notified of manager sackings in your inbox? I swear you used to be able to.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is there not a way to get notified of manager sackings in your inbox? I swear you used to be able to.
Anyone know an answer to this? I'm Villa manager but I want to keep an eye out for managerial vacancies and can't find a way other than remembering to check the job centre which is shite cause you could easily miss something.

pascell

Anyone know an answer to this? I'm Villa manager but I want to keep an eye out for managerial vacancies and can't find a way other than remembering to check the job centre which is shite cause you could easily miss something.
I usually rock FM15 and if you subscribe to the individual leagues then it will tell you when someones about to get sacked

Wal2Fra

First season as Bolton manager completed.

Conceded a 93rd minute own goal to draw my final league game and finished 2nd by a point in League 1. 1 minute from the league title!

Dissapointing, especially after having a 7 point lead in November but a crap December & January dropped me as low as 5th. Was also 4 points behind 2nd with 3 games left so chuffed to finish with auto promotion.

No Love

Do any of you gents know how one can use the Editor to change the amount of substitutions allowed in a competition? I want to decrease the amount of subs allowed in Serie A from 12 to 7. The whole 12 subs thing irks me, gives it that ‘friendly’ match vibe, as odd as that sounds.

I’ve done it before in previous years; however, for the life of me I cannot work it out this year!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Having a bit of a Leicester. They're playing incredible and it's even surprising me. I think deciding to manage my own training schedule for the first time ever has helped but boy. Also some great cheap wonderkids of course.

Wal2Fra

Currently with WBA after being sacked by Bolton. WBA were 8th with 3 games to last season and managed to make play-offs in the short time but got stuffed by Huddersfield.

1st full season and been promoted as champions and scored 109 with a game to go.

Now my issues are transfers. 55m in the bank but nobody even wants to negociate with me.

29 year old Eric Bailly, playing for Celtic told me the club is not big enough! Your 29 in the SPL! A few players currently in relegation battle with Watford & Everton have also said the same thing.

Berbaclass

Having a bit of a Leicester. They're playing incredible and it's even surprising me. I think deciding to manage my own training schedule for the first time ever has helped but boy. Also some great cheap wonderkids of course.

I’ve gotten into doing my training properly the last month or so too. Wanted to do a United save the other day and I sat there for about 7 hours doing the training and individual training for all three squads over the pre season.

I’ve only ever really bothered doing the training schedules for the main team until now because it’s just loads of work but I’m interested to see the long term results.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve gotten into doing my training properly the last month or so too. Wanted to do a United save the other day and I sat there for about 7 hours doing the training and individual training for all three squads over the pre season.

I’ve only ever really bothered doing the training schedules for the main team until now because it’s just loads of work but I’m interested to see the long term results.
I won back to back leagues with Villa and also somehow won the CL in my first season in it :lol: I’m now Real Madrid manager.

Berbaclass

Been playing as United a bit recently. Built this real nice team that's doing pretty well so far, for 160 Mil net spend. Turned transfers off first window and I tried to do a back 3 but failed and changed to a back 4 in November because I was tanking in the league, got back up to 4th and won the Europa fairly easily.

Also have Ajer, Tonali and Pongracic out on loan included in my transfer business.

Ended up giving Sanchez to Chelsea for nothing to get rid of his 400k a week :lol:

Second season has started pretty nicely!

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Been playing as United a bit recently. Built this real nice team that's doing pretty well so far, for 160 Mil net spend. Turned transfers off first window and I tried to do a back 3 but failed and changed to a back 4 in November because I was tanking in the league, got back up to 4th and won the Europa fairly easily.

Also have Ajer, Tonali and Pongracic out on loan included in my transfer business.

Ended up giving Sanchez to Chelsea for nothing to get rid of his 400k a week :lol:

Uniteds really easy on this. I've done a few different United saves and always end up having basically the same team shortly into it. Also try to be somewhat realistic/focus on youth, but by season 2 I'm usually something like:
Rashford Martial
??? Pogba Rice Sancho
Tierney Lindelof Bailly AWB
De Gea​

Greenwood
Chong Gomes Lingard
Mctominay Pereira
Shaw Tuanzebe Smalling Dalot
Henderson​
Joel Pereira, Laird, Garner, Fosu Mensah completing the squad.

With the question mark being any of the front 4 of team 2 rotating in based on form/performance. Basically only need 1 window of signings with the rest focused on sales, and even then, you can get away with only Sancho and Rice and you're sorted as Dalot and Shaw are very decent in game anyway.

Also found by far the most consistency and best results using a classic flat 442 with whatever team/level I've used.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

a United player wearing #88 is all kinds of wrong. We ain't Serie A, man. :lol:

Berbaclass

Uniteds really easy on this. I've done a few different United saves and always end up having basically the same team shortly into it. Also try to be somewhat realistic/focus on youth, but by season 2 I'm usually something like:
Rashford Martial
??? Pogba Rice Sancho
Tierney Lindelof Bailly AWB
De Gea​

Greenwood
Chong Gomes Lingard
Mctominay Pereira
Shaw Tuanzebe Smalling Dalot
Henderson​
Joel Pereira, Laird, Garner, Fosu Mensah completing the squad.

With the question mark being any of the front 4 of team 2 rotating in based on form/performance. Basically only need 1 window of signings with the rest focused on sales, and even then, you can get away with only Sancho and Rice and you're sorted as Dalot and Shaw are very decent in game anyway.

Also found by far the most consistency and best results using a classic flat 442 with whatever team/level I've used.
Any team with money is pretty easy to be fair.

No Love

I fancy a random journey-man career.

Anybody recommend a league which is out of the top 20? (or there abouts). Feeling starting in a "minnow" football league and working my way up to mangerial stardom.
Not sure where they rank in terms of coefficients, but plenty of fun to be had in the lower leagues of Denmark and Belgium.

Berbaclass

I fancy a random journey-man career.

Anybody recommend a league which is out of the top 20? (or there abouts). Feeling starting in a "minnow" football league and working my way up to mangerial stardom.
Start unemployed.

NoLogo

After a bit of a time out I decided to start a new save with Dortmund and limiting myself to only buy players 18 years or younger. Selling youngsters until I'm super rich and trying to build a super squad that can win every trophy, all with home grown talent.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Couldn't wait until the end of the window for a transfer update so I've just started one with transfers that have happened so far. First season with Everton went well, finished 5th. Pretty sure that whoever has made this update has made it fairly impossible to get work permits for anyone. Everyone i try and sign fails their work permit which is making it really difficult to play/sign young talent.

I just tried to sign Everton and he told me he wants to go to a bigger club. Everton is bigger than Everton.

Ralaks

Anyone ever end up signing a player just to piss off a team?

So far PSG have unsettled Rashford, De Gea, Pogba and Martial over 2 seasons. After the third season I got offered a ridiculous transfer budget so I signed Mbappe to get revenge. I don't even need him, but I suppose he is a massive upgrade for any player, but I kinda prefer developing players since it's more rewarding.

I really don't like the interactions, De Gea and Rashford got unsettled because they felt they would be a more important player for PSG than United, despite starting every game.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Into my 3rd season now with Everton...received a transfer budget of 500k. Yeah. Thousand. We got taken over by a bloke who decided to give us 0 money. Great help. Managed to sell some deadwood and bring in Vargas on the LW as he still had his release clause. I've finished 5th twice now and won the FA Cup last season but now my players are getting to the stage that 4th should be the target this year. I'm getting a bit worried as if I don't get it Richarlison and Pickford will probably be gone. Had to reject bids for them in the summer that were 50m+ each.

pascell

Into my 3rd season now with Everton...received a transfer budget of 500k. Yeah. Thousand. We got taken over by a bloke who decided to give us 0 money. Great help. Managed to sell some deadwood and bring in Vargas on the LW as he still had his release clause. I've finished 5th twice now and won the FA Cup last season but now my players are getting to the stage that 4th should be the target this year. I'm getting a bit worried as if I don't get it Richarlison and Pickford will probably be gone. Had to reject bids for them in the summer that were 50m+ each.
Personally, I'd sell them both and bring in a dozen or so wonderkids from South America, Serbia etc. Gradually bring them into your team and you'll take top 4 with ease soon enough.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Personally, I'd sell them both and bring in a dozen or so wonderkids from South America, Serbia etc. Gradually bring them into your team and you'll take top 4 with ease soon enough.
I have them already as back-up. That's what I spent my first two seasons doing. I probably won't sell either unless I absolutely have to. Part of the fun of this save for me was going to be trying to keep as many of the Everton squad as I could to see if people like Richarlison could hit their absolute potential.

Must have been tempting to cash in on Pickford at least?
Keeping both Richarlison and Pickford as they're leaders in the dressing room/very good players in the game. Important not to just have a squad of youngsters or you'll do shite as there are no leaders/experience. Pickford is good for the quota too.

Art Vandelay

Anyone ever end up signing a player just to piss off a team?

So far PSG have unsettled Rashford, De Gea, Pogba and Martial over 2 seasons. After the third season I got offered a ridiculous transfer budget so I signed Mbappe to get revenge. I don't even need him, but I suppose he is a massive upgrade for any player, but I kinda prefer developing players since it's more rewarding.

I really don't like the interactions, De Gea and Rashford got unsettled because they felt they would be a more important player for PSG than United, despite starting every game.
I've done that.

I think the interactions are the worst part of the game, they are what usually stop me from playing because they get so frustratingly stupid. I'd rather they removed them entirely than keep this up.

pascell

I have them already as back-up. That's what I spent my first two seasons doing. I probably won't sell either unless I absolutely have to. Part of the fun of this save for me was going to be trying to keep as many of the Everton squad as I could to see if people like Richarlison could hit their absolute potential.

Keeping both Richarlison and Pickford as they're leaders in the dressing room/very good players in the game. Important not to just have a squad of youngsters or you'll do shite as there are no leaders/experience. Pickford is good for the quota too.
Fair play mate, keep doing it your way and you'll get there eventually.

I've done that.

I think the interactions are the worst part of the game, they are what usually stop me from playing because they get so frustratingly stupid. I'd rather they removed them entirely than keep this up.
I still play fm15, soon as a player comes into the last year of his contract, I'd contantly bid £0 and declare interest in the player. Eventually he ends up unhappy, which means he won't sign a new deal and I sign a pre-contract with them in January. So, so tedious to do with numerous wonderkids but so worth it, not sure if it'll still work in fm19 though.

Also on fm15, if a player becomes unhappy because of a clubs interest, I just ignore it and within a few months the interested club loses interest and I sign them up to a new contract.

I haven't played it in a few months but now talking about it makes me want to, that's my night now sorted :lol:

Art Vandelay

I still play fm15, soon as a player comes into the last year of his contract, I'd contantly bid £0 and declare interest in the player. Eventually he ends up unhappy, which means he won't sign a new deal and I sign a pre-contract with them in January. So, so tedious to do with numerous wonderkids but so worth it, not sure if it'll still work in fm19 though.

Also on fm15, if a player becomes unhappy because of a clubs interest, I just ignore it and within a few months the interested club loses interest and I sign them up to a new contract.

I haven't played it in a few months but now talking about it makes me want to, that's my night now sorted :lol:
I think the conversation tree is more in depth now, but don't quote me on that. Essentially you constantly end up in arguments you didn't even know you were in. It wouldn't be so bad if they had any sort of logic to them, but they don't. Tell a player off for poor training, they will admit they could have trained better but how dare you speak to them about it, they are now unhappy and this won't be the last of it.

pascell

I think the conversation tree is more in depth now, but don't quote me on that. Essentially you constantly end up in arguments you didn't even know you were in. It wouldn't be so bad if they had any sort of logic to them, but they don't. Tell a player off for poor training, they will admit they could have trained better but how dare you speak to them about it, they are now unhappy and this won't be the last of it.
I think it is mate, that's why I've stayed away from it as 15 is much more simpler.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I forgot to add that the board have made it so I only retain 35% of transfer revenue. So if I sold Richarlison for 60m I'd only get about 20m to spend on players which is trash.

I drew United in the League Cup which is annoying as I usually play youngsters there for game time. Ended up losing 7-3 as they decided to play all of their big players (Can't afford to do that due to Europa League). I'm 2nd in the league after 8 games though and Richarlison is the top scorer in the league :cool:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Dare we assume something big is in the works?

I just hope for better tactics each year. To freely place players on a pitch with and without the ball. I know I can achieve it with 30 little tweaks but why not allow for it at its very base.