Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I wish you could just buy updates for the old versions. I'd pay a good price for a 2014 update, loved that game and can't be arsed learning a new format.

Nickosaur

Hearing not much has changed but i think the last version i bought was 2017? So should be a decent amount of new features to use.

I think like Fifa it's really not worth buying the new version every year.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I watched a video of the new game and it looks like they've not added much at all to it...definitely going to skip this edition and just get the transfer updates on 19 which I've enjoyed to be fair.

madzo2007

I tend to get it every other year now, I've got a good save going in FM19 with United and a lot of good youth players coming through

roseguy64

I have a FM18 save still going so will probably get this version. Steam Winter sale.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Literally all I want is a bigger variety of goals scored. Not all from crosses. That is genuinely it. Is that too much to ask?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Might actually be properly challenging starting as Manchester United this year, and trying to win the treble as quickly as possible.

Would probably take at least 3 seasons?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They have released an interactive trailer

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I wish you could just buy updates for the old versions. I'd pay a good price for a 2014 update, loved that game and can't be arsed learning a new format.
I once suggested that to SI Games, but got an honest answer from them. They have good profits, despite the amount of software cracking, but allocating resources to update a DB from an old version it would not be sustainable simply because the investment they would do (development, advertising, putting on sale on multiple platforms, taxes, players rights, etc) would not have return, and a DB is much more easier to share without needing to buy it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Might actually be properly challenging starting as Manchester United this year, and trying to win the treble as quickly as possible.

Would probably take at least 3 seasons?
Nah. You'll be able to do it in the first season as always. Our budget is always going to be big enough, and between De Gea, Wan Bissaka, Maguire, lindelof being solid in the game, shaw, pogba, martial and Rashford, we have enough players who are always OP or big potential that it just clicks with a few signings. Hopefully they make James properly useful as well.

JB08

Literally all I want is a bigger variety of goals scored. Not all from crosses. That is genuinely it. Is that too much to ask?
Won’t be able to play this for a while so can someone please let me know about this? I cannot stand the match engine in FM19.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Oh god, VAR is going to be just like when they added goal line tech - every game will have about ten incidents just so they can show the one new thing they added.

bosnian_red

Started a save with United. Signed Maddison so far. McTominay seems to have quite good stats and with all the youngsters, not going to sign anyone else. Hard to sell everyone right away too so will probably hold on to most for now, then release the bulk of them on free's, and get Haaland after the first season (since you can't get him right away).

Yagami

Good post resistant
I have a FM18 save still going so will probably get this version. Steam Winter sale.
FM18 was the last one I bought. For some reason - I don't know why - it doesn't work anymore, though. Whenever I start the game up it doesn't even make it to the start screen. It just gives me an error message when it gets to the screen showing the licences.

I think I'll get this one. Even though I have a lot of the older ones, I'm really in the mood to manage a current team, and the custom 2019 databases for said old games aren't the best.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
How's it playing for those of you who have it?
Decent so far. United have £100m transfer budget. Have signed Fernandes, De Beek, Sancho and Telles using installments into next season. Still tough to sell players but clubs are more willing to offer loans for them so Matic, Mata, Young and Rojo are easy to ship off the wage bill. Lee Grant, less so. Going well so far. Lots of VAR interaction and I'm finding that players are less inclined to flip out at valid praise / criticism. Pogba still kicks off at the slightest thing though, even when you're doing well. Oh and Mason Greenwood is a goal machine.

bosnian_red

Decent so far. United have £100m transfer budget. Have signed Fernandes, De Beek, Sancho and Telles using installments into next season. Still tough to sell players but clubs are more willing to offer loans for them so Matic, Mata, Young and Rojo are easy to ship off the wage bill. Lee Grant, less so. Going well so far. Lots of VAR interaction and I'm finding that players are less inclined to flip out at valid praise / criticism. Pogba still kicks off at the slightest thing though, even when you're doing well. Oh and Mason Greenwood is a goal machine.
Greenwood is a beast. Chong, Gomes, Williams and Garner proving capable squad players too. Pereira also always seems to score.

Around November, tied with City at the top of the table. Only signed Maddison but he's been class. Martial top scorer, Greenwood 2nd (being a sub), James and Rashford tied in 3rd playing off the wings. We seem a bit over powered tbh, feel like I shouldnt be pushing the title with only 1 signing in my first season...

bosnian_red

In march, agreed a deal to sign Florentino Luis (looks class) and Haaland in the summer. Squad would be:

Martial
Rashford Maddison James
Pogba Luis
Shaw Maguire Lindelof Wan Bissaka
De Gea

Haaland
Lingard Gomes Greenwood
Pereira McTominay
Williams Jones Tuanzebe Dalot
Henderson​

Chong, Garner rounding out the squad, will probably promote Hannibal Mejbri too as hes looking good. Maybe Hoogeworf too.

LInkash

Noo......just lost the league on the last day to flipping Arsenal! We took the lead against Spurs and Arsenal fell behind to Leicester but then everything turned upside down and we lost the league by 1 point. :(

I had such a bad start to the campaign after a decent preseason. Drew 2 and lost 1 (5-0 to Arsenal!) and thought how realistic it was but then I ended up nearly winning the league!

I did sign a whole bunch of players though, a whole new midfield and a couple of wingers, half of whom I had never heard of before!
Stanislav Lobokta - did alright, more of a back-up/one for the future
James Maddison - wasn't as good as Pereira and on reflection, I should have started Pereira over him in the important games but I played him because of reputation
Bryan Cristante - quality, Thomas Partey was just as good so rotated the two, there could be life without Pogba
Victor Tsygankov - very good
Thomas Partey - very good
Federico Chiesa in January - good so far

Martial and Rashford had 19 goals each in all comps
Greenwood 15
Pereira 14!!!
Tsygankov and James 11 (incl. a hattrick from DJ)

Just got the Europa League final again Salzburg to go now, should be easy on paper and I'm confident given the strong performances so far but you never know, wish me luck!

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Nah. You'll be able to do it in the first season as always. Our budget is always going to be big enough, and between De Gea, Wan Bissaka, Maguire, lindelof being solid in the game, shaw, pogba, martial and Rashford, we have enough players who are always OP or big potential that it just clicks with a few signings. Hopefully they make James properly useful as well.
I started a new game as united on fm19 with an update for this season the other week, but it didn't affect the abilities of players so I've used the editor to basically make half the squad shit (and a slight boost to a couple of the youngsters). Went a bit nuts shipping out deadwood, so excluding signings I was left with:

De Gea, Grant, Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzebe, Wan-Bissaka, Dalot, Shaw, McTominay, Pogba, Pereira, James, Martial, Rashford, Chong, Gomes, Greenwood, Garner.

Didn't have much of a transfer budget for a massive rebuild and as Smalling and Sanchez are technically on loan they're still taking up space in the wage budget, although I shouldn't have much trouble shipping them out in the summer.

Basically spent my entire budget on Milinkovic-Savic so I'm scraping by in 3rd at the moment and praying no one gets injured.

JB08

Has anyone seen one of their players score a 1v1 with the goalkeeper yet? Every single one has been missed in the first 20ish games for me.

dove

Has anyone seen one of their players score a 1v1 with the goalkeeper yet? Every single one has been missed in the first 20ish games for me.
Not yet, I think they should make it an achievement which only 0.005% of players would have. I finished my season with Malaga and despite having countless 1v1 chances, I don't remember scoring a single one.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm actually freaked out that I can now put my real DOB, year and all, and it wouldn't be unrealistic.

AFC NimbleThumb

Surely this is cheating?

100% ‘cheating’ imo.

Arranging marquee friendlies is something I’m sure we’ve all done to an extent but going out to obliterate squad confidence to earn money & blocking so many games into a short period just doesn’t make for a ‘simulation’ imo.

Might get back to FM this season; workload is lighter than previous years.

bosnian_red

Lost the title on the last day of the season losing away to Spurs. Lost 3 of my last 5 (away to Liverpool, away to City and away to Spurs), having previously gone all season only losing 1 game. City won the title on 97 points with a 62 goal difference, United 2nd with 96 points and 57 gd, Liverpool 3rd with 94 points and 65 gd.

Already agreed deals to sign Florentino Luis and Haaland, will sell Fred, Jones, Mata, Rojo, Young, Sanchez and probably Romero (make Henderson back up keeper).

Top scorers in all competitions were Martial on 21 goals, Dan James on 20, Rashford on 17, Greenwood on 13, Pogba 11, Maddison 10, Lingard 7. James won player of the season.

Basically as always, we're overpowered :lol:

Dan_F

Bought it on a bit of a whim today. Not sure why because I don’t really have time to play it intensively. Haven’t played since the 2018 version, but doesn’t seem hugely different.

The only thing I’m struggling with a bit is training, due to the layout change. Normally I’d just set the main focus and the intensity, but it seems way more in depth than 2018.

bosnian_red

Probably not going to bother buying it as the engine still sounds a bit cack still. But what's James like in it?
Quite good. His attributes dont look anything special but on the right for me he scored 20 goals in all competitions for me.

LInkash

Won the Europa League in my first season, coming second in the league.

Won the title in my second season, getting a record 103 points.

On my third season now, signed Mbappe for 210 million and he has scored 4 hat tricks already.

This is game is so realistic. Not that I'm complaining, with our lack of success in real life, I'll take virtual happiness.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Bought it and playing as United while I get to grips with the new stuff and while I decide what save I’m going to embark on.

brought in some really good signings (Goretzka, Aranguiz, Douglas Costa, Chilwell and a young Czech from RB Salzburg)

Shipped out Young, Bailly, Rojo, Lingard, Matic and trying to shift Pogba as he’s moaning.

My first impressions:
- Not keen on the new contract negotiation screen
- Really like that you can offload all the staff contract renewals etc which realistically aren’t the manager’s responsibility anyway.
- Also like the fact that I can set someone to hire staff for the youth teams which was always a chore.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Is there just me that hates that you have to go through the Development Centre to get to the reserve/U19 teams?

I think that’s pretty annoying to have to click 3 times to get to something that used to be on the main menu.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is there just me that hates that you have to go through the Development Centre to get to the reserve/U19 teams?

I think that’s pretty annoying to have to click 3 times to get to something that used to be on the main menu.
They always do this kind of thing. Really off putting.

That being said how do I get the beta? Just buy the game on steam?

bosnian_red

They always do this kind of thing. Really off putting.

That being said how do I get the beta? Just buy the game on steam?
Yeah just buy it.

Dont mind the development center personally. Gives a better overview of your youngsters so you can manage who needs a loan/step up/more time IMO. Just takes a bit of getting used to.