Gaming Football Manager 2022

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My time at Feyenoord is done after one season. Did all I wanted to! New chapter now.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I started a journeyman save too recently, but I think I set my starting experience too low. The only job I could get was a team in the bottom of an amateur league in Belgium. The fans of a team in the Swiss second division laughed at the idea of me taking over there! Gonna see out this season and then probably retire this manager and add a new one with a slightly higher level.

Dan_F

Really trying to resist the temptation to buy it. I’m only 5 seasons in on a save on 2021 and would probably just start a new save on 2022 with the same team, just to go through the same hassle of trying to raise the co efficient enough to automatically qualify for the Champions League.

Shamefully I did have to buy the in game editor to adjust the crowd capacity. It was maxed out at 9k, even though the stadium is 16k and fills out in real life for derby games and CL qualifiers.
Bump. Someone must have been in a long term save with a team from a smaller league before and struggled to offer wages that compare to money in the bank?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bump. Someone must have been in a long term save with a team from a smaller league before and struggled to offer wages that compare to money in the bank?
I'm not sure there is a way tbh.

sebsheep

I started a journeyman save too recently, but I think I set my starting experience too low. The only job I could get was a team in the bottom of an amateur league in Belgium. The fans of a team in the Swiss second division laughed at the idea of me taking over there! Gonna see out this season and then probably retire this manager and add a new one with a slightly higher level.
Depends on what you wanted really, I tend to set mine to no badges and Sunday league footballer if I'm doing a save like that.
What leagues did you start with?

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Depends on what you wanted really, I tend to set mine to no badges and Sunday league footballer if I'm doing a save like that.
So how are you managing in the Swiss (second) league then? I started with most of the western European nations.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I did the same and got a job in the second Dutch division which was a solid place to start.

Dan_F

I'm not sure there is a way tbh.
Well the owner will be happy that he can sit on £600k a week extra then :lol:

I wonder if it’s to do with league or club reputation. Club reputation can be built naturally I guess, although it’s a massively slow process considering how brutal my champions league groups always seem to be.

The fact that my players are constantly being bid for by Championship clubs tells me that I have no right to be beating the likes of A.C. Milan and Leipzig.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why do some clubs have two assistant managers? I've seen this twice now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why do some clubs have two assistant managers? I've seen this twice now.
I've had this twice now actually. I brought in a new one and my ex-assistant just turned into a secondary one instead.

sebsheep

So how are you managing in the Swiss (second) league then? I started with most of the western European nations.
I hand picked Vaduz from the start. Saw it as an interesting challenge due to the pretty insane way they have to qualify for the CL. Apparently it's one of the hardest. :lol:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Keep going with it and earn the next job on merit. Remember to keep applying to do your badges too!

It is very satisfying getting a bigger job because you deserved it. Stick at it!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It feels like every VAR decision goes against me. If they score a VAR goal it is allowed. If i score a VAR goal it is disallowed.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It feels like every VAR decision goes against me. If they score a VAR goal it is allowed. If i score a VAR goal it is disallowed.
Can't say i've found it bad, I generally get more goals, penalties awarded than disallowed. Maybe your players go offside too much.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Can't say i've found it bad, I generally get more goals, penalties awarded than disallowed. Maybe your players go offside too much.
Penalties I seem to get but whenever they score a VAR goal I resign myself to the fact that we have conceded.

Lay

Penalties I seem to get but whenever they score a VAR goal I resign myself to the fact that we have conceded.
There’s a lot of penalties currently. But I feel it’s always been the case on FM. I rotate my takers because at one point Insigne was my top scorer with 17 goals.. 11 from penalties

sebsheep

Well the owner will be happy that he can sit on £600k a week extra then :lol:

I wonder if it’s to do with league or club reputation. Club reputation can be built naturally I guess, although it’s a massively slow process considering how brutal my champions league groups always seem to be.

The fact that my players are constantly being bid for by Championship clubs tells me that I have no right to be beating the likes of A.C. Milan and Leipzig.
Might be a reputation thing yeah.
Couldn't find too much on Google about it. I did stumble across a story about a guy who made his family watch his Arsenal team in the CL final only to lose 4-0 and get booed by them. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I managed to drag Venezia out of the relegation spots and into a respectable 12th place finish. I think with the signings I’ve made and players now familiarised with the tactic we can push for a top half finish. I bought Dan James and he’s pretty good in this and works well with how this version of the game functions.

I am not sure if it’s Italy or the game but the optional future fee part when signing a loan player is maybe an exploit they need to consider fixing. I won’t be able to afford it for most of the loans I’ve got (they’re mainly backup anyway) but they’re relatively cheap.

Dan_F

Might be a reputation thing yeah.
Couldn't find too much on Google about it. I did stumble across a story about a guy who made his family watch his Arsenal team in the CL final only to lose 4-0 and get booed by them. :lol:
Yeah I tried that too and saw people complaining from previous versions of the game but no solution.

It’s like the classic videos of the people dressing up in suit for the cup finals.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Fecks sake, at the end of January 2024 with Fiorentina, 5 points clear of Juventus at the top of the league and waiting for the CL knockout rounds, and Adeyami tears his ACL. Out 6-7 months. Get fecked. I guess silver lining is nobody will sign him for next season either.. but I doubt my depth has enough to carry me like he had (19 goals in 21 games).

Edit: Just about held on. Won the league on the final day ahead of Juve as they dropped points. Got knocked out of all the cups right away and struggled hard for about 2 months after the injury to Adeyemi. My young striker Piccoli really didn't take his chance as the guy so I've wrote him off being a starter ever. Brought in Bellotti on loan and he only played a handful of games before getting a season ending injury.

Off season now, brought in Moukoko for 60m after add ons (only about 30m up front).
Lineup now is:
Moukoko
------------------------------------------------- Adeyemi
Stengs - Gravenberch - Szoboszlai ------
Pobega
Pellegrini - Todibo - Solet - Zappa
Lafont​

Pretty much do a lop sided 4-1-4-1, with an inside forward on one wing. Tried to get Pedro Porro in on loan but he rejected me. Full backs easily my weakest positions now.

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Curtis Jacob Pigeon. Chief architect of the hybrid vertical tiki-taka and route-one tactic known famously in Scotland as "Punt It Long As Feck". Highly sought after by relegation contenders Everton. Looks like a bit of a gimp with his black beard that looks like pubes that are glued on.

Have you ever seen Scotland play in a World Cup final? Have you ever seen them beat France to lift that golden trophy? Well, neither have I but we somehow managed to make it to the 3rd place playoff where we pumped our tea drinking, Tory voting, pony fecking neighbours 3-2. Before that we beat Italy, Austria, fecking Belgium, as well as getting through a group with Switzerland and Uruguay - who bravely fought us and managed to limit us to a narrow 9-2 win.

Skipping through most of the year just to play the matches. We were in the semi final of some shite European competition that I thought was the Euro qualifiers but wasn't, which shows how much I know about football. A lot of clubs want my big willy managerial knowhow, which was to be expected because I'm fecking brilliant.

I think I'll see how far I can get them in this Euro campaign and then move on. It's nice managing Scotland being ranked 5th in the world, but when legendary teams like Stoke want me to show their players what a ball looks like who am I to stand in the way of destiny?

2E_MUFC

How come they’ve got rid of the widgets on the match screen. I play on 2D and used to have some of the widgets on the side of the screen but the option to have any isn’t there anymore?

sebsheep

The winter break broke the team, they all still seem to be on holiday.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Porto seem to be a bit fecked fiancially. I've sold £77m worth of players since arriving and they've only allocated £29m of it back to me.

Signed Andre Silva with all of it and he's scored 5 goals in his first game. He only got 10 in 31 games for PSG last season.

Having to rely on loans now for other positions.

Maluco

Porto seem to be a bit fecked fiancially. I've sold £77m worth of players since arriving and they've only allocated £29m of it back to me.

Signed Andre Silva with all of it and he's scored 5 goals in his first game. He only got 10 in 31 games for PSG last season.

Having to rely on loans now for other positions.
This definitely makes it better if you have to overcome restrictions to build a funcional team. I like the idea of what you’re doing, might try something similar after!

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Update on my save

Started off at Bodo/Glimt (who were sitting in relegation zone) and guided them to respectable 7th in same season. They had high hopes for the next seasonand sacked me when i was sitting around 8th place.

Took job with Mojandalen who were rock bottom. Got myself off to a flyer but had a terrible run at the end of the season and lost the playoff game to get relegated. I had some hopes for this team though after seeing some great results when everyone was fully fit.

Dominated the first division and went straight back up. I was able to keep the team together and added a beast called Finne from Rosenbord who was the final piece in the puzzle. I won the Premier league in Norway by 9 points. Back to back titles!!!

I had no financial power and was losing Finne and my main CB. The two Strikers who carried me for 2 years (Eriksen and Stokke) were getting on a bit at 32 or 33... I decided to resign.

Took over Stoke who were sitting pretty in 10th spot in Championship. Sam Surridge is fantastic! Promoted automatically. I want to play one season in the premiership and hopefully finish top half if possible. I dont have much money to play with so top half is my aim. I am going to resign and go to Italy or Holland to try win a bigger league before moving on to Spain/England to win the league and champions league

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Update on my save

Started off at Bodo/Glimt (who were sitting in relegation zone) and guided them to respectable 7th in same season. They had high hopes for the next seasonand sacked me when i was sitting around 8th place.

Took job with Mojandalen who were rock bottom. Got myself off to a flyer but had a terrible run at the end of the season and lost the playoff game to get relegated. I had some hopes for this team though after seeing some great results when everyone was fully fit.

Dominated the first division and went straight back up. I was able to keep the team together and added a beast called Finne from Rosenbord who was the final piece in the puzzle. I won the Premier league in Norway by 9 points. Back to back titles!!!

I had no financial power and was losing Finne and my main CB. The two Strikers who carried me for 2 years (Eriksen and Stokke) were getting on a bit at 32 or 33... I decided to resign.

Took over Stoke who were sitting pretty in 10th spot in Championship. Sam Surridge is fantastic! Promoted automatically. I want to play one season in the premiership and hopefully finish top half if possible. I dont have much money to play with so top half is my aim. I am going to resign and go to Italy or Holland to try win a bigger league before moving on to Spain/England to win the league and champions league
Nice. Could've gone bad after relegation but to go from that to the Prem in three seasons is good.

Maluco

Update on my save

This is a lesson in patience! I think I would have restarted the game after the relegation and the two middling seasons with Bodo/Glimt.

That’s a great story after that and a really interesting save. Well done!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So it’s February the 1st, the January window has just closed and I’m sitting in 3rd with Venezia after a mid table finish last year. The summer signings have boosted us hugely and Daniel fecking James is a monster in a counterattacking / high press formation. He’s injured currently which is shown in my performances recently that have dropped a bit but I think we should be able to reach a European competition this year which will be a much needed financial boost. Not sure if I’ll stay on or leave after this year, depends what clubs are available. I’d like to win a trophy before leaving. I signed one of my ex Rosenborg players on loan this window to cover for James and he broke his foot in his first game and is out for 4 months. Cheers FM.

MalaysianRed7

Started with United as per, and won the league with a record 101 points and 120+ goals, with Ronaldo notching 69 goals in all competitions :lol: Playing a gegenpressing 4-2-3-1 with some vertical tiki-taka characteristics where we finish attacking moves off extremely quickly (we have the most crosses but least passes in the league). Only signed Bissouma in the first summer, and signed Kounde and Haaland this.

DDG
AWB Kounde Varane Shaw
Bissouma Pogba
Sancho Bruno Ronaldo
Haaland

Awesome game, only problem is we’re named Man UFC!

sebsheep

DrBenjy's Glory Hunter episode today was crazy. :lol:

Maluco

A little Curzon Ashton update.

Still only 4,500 a week wage budget, still no transfer budget. A poor RW, a terrible playmaker, but somehow, we are top of the league on Boxing Day!

I think our backline is better than I thought. Always composed and always getting good match ratings. We have an average full back, Matty Waters, but he has 13 set piece delivery, which is massive at this level! League clubs starting to sniff around.

We have three average CMs who rotate and out RW just about does the job. We managed to sign a new AMC youngster on £130 p/w, Perry Moss, who they claim has the potential to play in League 2. Let’s see about that!

Playing a wide target man (Jack McKay) on the left instead of an inside forward seems to be doing the job of mixing up our play so far. Teams seem to be left guessing if we will pass it around or throw in a cross. 9 goals so far.

By far the biggest decision we have gotten right was tying down our 29 year old CF to a deal. Dominic Knowles wanted £450 p/w to sign for the year. That is 2-3 young players at this level and far more than any other player.

We took the gamble and signed him. We immediately fell out after I fined him for two atrocious performances.

He has knuckled down since then and just netted his 20th of the season to put us through to the 3rd round of the FA Trophy.

I still feel like our squad is paper thin, and we have absolutely no room to bring in anyone else. We are also well down on quality versus the former football league clubs in the division, and it shows when we play them.

But…BUT…if we stay injury free, we might have a real chance!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
4-2. Four fecking two. Scotland v England. 4-2, I said 4-2. European Champions.

Scotland beat England 4-2 in the European Championship final. We're fecking amazing.

Naturally I quit my role and am taking a digital break, tending to my electronic garden filled with wild flowers and gerbils that I let roam freely around my grounds.

Italy and Spain offered me roles as their manager, which I would have taken if I wasn't pretending to be slightly realistic with my playthrough. Realistic things like Scotland winning the European Championships. By beating England. 4-2.

Not sure where I'll go next, though. I'm hoping some mid table Premier League side runs into some bother and I can apply for a job. I'd love the United job but Ole's position is very secure due to him always coming second or third place for some reason.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The player interactions are so fecking broken.

Chelsea have bid for Vitinha and when I ask what will help him stay he says he wants to play in the CL. I tell him we will play in it next season. He says that's not realistic.

Current table:

I've won 28 out of my 30 games so far as manager in all comps. Drawn the other two. Not a single loss. But yeah it's not realistic we'll play CL next season apparently.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If anyone wants a cheap and reliable young CB

Giorgio Scalvini at Atalanta

I managed to get him on loan with a pretty cheap option to buy. Depending on your club he might want a min release clause but he has an average rating of 7.45 and 7.42 for me in Serie A. Been a monster.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Had the same thing happen with Origi now. fecking game.

sebsheep

The player interactions are so fecking broken.

Chelsea have bid for Vitinha and when I ask what will help him stay he says he wants to play in the CL. I tell him we will play in it next season. He says that's not realistic.

Current table:

I've won 28 out of my 30 games so far as manager in all comps. Drawn the other two. Not a single loss. But yeah it's not realistic we'll play CL next season apparently.
He might let it go once you're qualified. Not sure if they'll ever fix it.