Gaming Football Manager 2022

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The prem is completely dominating in my save. Liverpool won the CL in the first 2 years, the 3rd year was a full PL semi final group with Arsenal (finished 5th) beating Liverpool in the final. Liverpool signed Mbappe on a free too, Haaland went to City, etc etc. Basically everyone gets poached.

I managed to sign Moukoko to Fiorentina, actually kept most of my squad this year so I could build on the previous year properly. Going to try and stay another 2 years at Fiorentina, try and retain the title, win the cup and see if I can make a push for the CL. Unlikely given how much stronger the prem seems to be. Going to aim for Spain or Germany next, or an international job. No interest in France, and then aim to go to the premier league after the European league tour.

Nickosaur

End of season 1 at United. After a shite start I managed to catch City in the league, before hitting more shite form and it going down to the final day. Won by 1 point in the end. Liverpool 3rd and Chelsea 4th.

Lost the FA Cup final to Chelsea.

Won the CL final against Dortmund 4-3 in extra time. Haaland was a constant menace and scored two goals, so I decided to try and sign him for £90m in stallments PLUS Dalot. All I could afford and Dortmund were interested in Dalot and they accepted! But then PSG came in and Haaland chose them instead, fecking cnut.

Now I'm looking at where else I can improve. Need a world class CB who is rapid to partner Varane, as Maguire got caught out a few times last season. May sign Cavani on for one more season and stick with Ronaldo/Cavani up front. Could do with a back-up defensive midfielder to rotate with Kessie and a more attacking version of AWB. Laird looks good but maybe not quite good enough.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The prem is completely dominating in my save. Liverpool won the CL in the first 2 years, the 3rd year was a full PL semi final group with Arsenal (finished 5th) beating Liverpool in the final. Liverpool signed Mbappe on a free too, Haaland went to City, etc etc. Basically everyone gets poached.

I managed to sign Moukoko to Fiorentina, actually kept most of my squad this year so I could build on the previous year properly. Going to try and stay another 2 years at Fiorentina, try and retain the title, win the cup and see if I can make a push for the CL. Unlikely given how much stronger the prem seems to be. Going to aim for Spain or Germany next, or an international job. No interest in France, and then aim to go to the premier league after the European league tour.
This is one of the reasons I use the in game editor. Without it the EPL just dominates and the other leagues just become pathetic.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Can’t shake York City!!

Every time I look, there is another goal update reminding me that they are breathing down my neck. If I rest more than two players, I drop points. My players are wrecked and I breathe a sigh of relief for every free midweek.

Our first eleven play some great football at times, but they are so average rating wise. I can’t really rant and rave at them when it doesn’t go well. We are minnows in the division playing about ourselves. We are well capable of hammering a team when it clicks too, but we have no real way to change things from the bench.

If we manage to pull this off, I think only 3-4 of them might be worth keeping for the next level up.

We just lost 1-0 to York and had two home games the next week. Won the first and drew the second. I did throw my arms out…but I know I shouldn’t have :(

Lead down to 3 points.

NoLogo

The player interactions are so fecking broken.

Chelsea have bid for Vitinha and when I ask what will help him stay he says he wants to play in the CL. I tell him we will play in it next season. He says that's not realistic.

Current table:

I've won 28 out of my 30 games so far as manager in all comps. Drawn the other two. Not a single loss. But yeah it's not realistic we'll play CL next season apparently.
They totally are, the whole player interaction module is utter shite. So are press conferences, 50% of the time reactions make no sense and the other 50% you can't answer what you would really like to answer. I have no idea why all this is in the game and especially in this state. SI obviously doesn't care for this element of the game because improvements since they introduced this into the game are virtually non-existent, it's as broken and shite as the first day they introduced it.

Absolute quality are also Team meetings. It's almost comically bad that you can get a reaction of "winning the league is unrealistic" from a team that has won it 4 seasons straight and from the same team get the reaction that reaching the final of the CL is "not ambitious" enough, despite the best you could do so far was two times getting to the semis. :houllier:

If there is one goal that these interactions achieve, you will start to hate all your players, because they are a bunch of random wise arses.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Why is the AI still so bad?

tried to sell Pogba who is easily one of the best CMs in the game for 50m and nobody would buy him.

But Chelsea were more than happy to buy Martial off me for 40m and then play him like 5 times in the league before flogging him off.

In general it’s so hard to offload players. Feels like nobody outside of the Pl has any money.

NoLogo

tried to sell Pogba who is easily one of the best CMs in the game for 50m and nobody would buy him.

But Chelsea were more than happy to buy Martial off me for 40m and then play him like 5 times in the league before flogging him off.

In general it’s so hard to offload players. Feels like nobody outside of the Pl has any money.
Which is pretty much the case, all my players go either to other PL teams or PSG. Spain is skint, the Bundesliga apart from Bayern never had and even Italy where I could sometimes offload players seems to be in a bad spot due to covid. I sold Bailly to Inter for like € 13M which was way below what the game seemed to think was his market value and the board gave me a D for that deal.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

First line. He's been playing FM.

Lay

Yup. Though Boca Junior signed a player for £27m. Looked at their history, they’ve spent 50m this season and only recouped £1m. No tycoon takeover or anything

The game will just default to EPL sides dominating though as I’ve said before.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Finished a respectable 4th with Venezia. We lost our way a bit at the end of the season as injuries piled up but for a team with the 17th highest wage bill in the league we are a good wee side.

Not sure how United are in your saves but Ole is clinging on to his job still in 2025 despite always falling 2 or 3 points short of the league and still winning absolutely nothing. :lol:

sebsheep

Finished a respectable 4th with Venezia. We lost our way a bit at the end of the season as injuries piled up but for a team with the 17th highest wage bill in the league we are a good wee side.

Not sure how United are in your saves but Ole is clinging on to his job still in 2025 despite always falling 2 or 3 points short of the league and still winning absolutely nothing. :lol:
Very good finish with Venezia.

Haven't checked on this save but in my Newcastle save he won the Quad the 1st season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've won the league on Feb 22nd :lol:

Played 27. Won 25. Drawn 2.

The squad was extremely bloated and had finished 4th the season before I took over. The club is also losing money every month. I made £90m in sales and was only allowed £29m.

I brought in Andre Silva who has scored 23 goal in 24 league games. I also loaned Ricardo Pereira, Kayky and Taylor Hardwood-Bellis who have all been class.

Also won the Allianz Cup and I'll be trying to finish the season unbeaten and win the Europa Conference League.

Lay

Still at the club. Lost a UCL final to me and has won nothing. United are always overrated on FM though and never seem to sack their managers.

If anyone remembers, years ago on FM, due to the debt the club has, they’d fall into administration after a few seasons and end up relegated.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Very good finish with Venezia.

Haven't checked on this save but in my Newcastle save he won the Quad the 1st season.
Cheers, just got the Inter job and moved from a budget of 10m to 120m. Not sure where to start. :lol:

Grorud > Rosenborg > Venezia > Inter. Think I’ll stay here for at least two full seasons. My other jobs I’ve stayed for 1.5 seasons max so far!

Maluco

Cheers, just got the Inter job and moved from a budget of 10m to 120m. Not sure where to start. :lol:

Grorud > Rosenborg > Venezia > Inter. Think I’ll stay here for at least two full seasons. My other jobs I’ve stayed for 1.5 seasons max so far!
That’s a really cool career progression. I would have found it tough to leave Venezia after getting them into Europe though and building your own team!

Lay

That’s a really cool career progression. I would have found it tough to leave Venezia after getting them into Europe though and building your own team!
Especially as they have potential to grow. They have a small stadium and most importantly they have the best looking kits

Lay

Anybody else get 'ghost goals'? Typically in the last minute the opposition score yet there is no highlights during or post match of the goal.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anybody else get 'ghost goals'? Typically in the last minute the opposition score yet there is no highlights during or post match of the goal.
Yeah I've had the oppo score against me and then suddenly when I look at the score the goal is gone. I'm assuming it gets chalked off but it never actually tells you.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Gimme tactics then, all you overachievers.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Especially as they have potential to grow. They have a small stadium and most importantly they have the best looking kits
Trying to be realistic to the 'Journeyman' role. I think I will make a Venezia solo save where I try to make them into a giant.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just finished basically the perfect season with Porto.

Won the league (undefeated w/ record points total), both cups and the Europa Conference League. Didn't lose a game all season with 60 played, 54 won and 6 drawn.

Managed my squad really well in terms of playing time and didn't have a single unhappy player by the end. Also managed to give a debut to a great prospect 15 year old who came through my youth system and he scored on his debut. Couldn't have gone better really.

The money is still an issue at the club though and the squad I have is on the older side, so will see what happens next.

sebsheep

Yeah that's a pretty good quick job turnover. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

I haven't had issues at all. Takes a couple of years but everyone starts spending big money. In 2024/25 and RB Leipzig is offering 60m-80m for my players, Hertha offering 40m+, obviously all premier league sides spending big, Inter and Milan both spending big sums on premier league players, top Ligue 1 sides spending a fair amount... I'd say the only clubs where I haven't noticed much spending power in Spain after Real Madrid. Bundesliga and the Premier League especially are splashing the cash.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just finished basically the perfect season with Porto.

Won the league (undefeated w/ record points total), both cups and the Europa Conference League. Didn't lose a game all season with 60 played, 54 won and 6 drawn.

Managed my squad really well in terms of playing time and didn't have a single unhappy player by the end. Also managed to give a debut to a great prospect 15 year old who came through my youth system and he scored on his debut. Couldn't have gone better really.

The money is still an issue at the club though and the squad I have is on the older side, so will see what happens next.
Helmond Sport > Partizan > Feyenoord > Porto > Atletico Madrid

The journeyman has moved again.

Maluco

Helmond Sport > Partizan > Feyenoord > Porto > Atletico Madrid

The journeyman has moved again.
I like this transition too. I can’t seem to move away from England in prior years. Hopefully I can get a foreign move this time!

Maluco

Seasons end at Curzon Ashton, and we had the craziest of run ins possible.

After a run of 2 wins in 7 games, any lead we had had been cut away. Not just by York City, but by a resurgent Flyde, who managed to close up a 10 point gap. 4 games left in the season, 3 in the league and an FA Trophy Semi Final second leg at Grimsby (after a battling 1-1 draw in the first leg)

We went to Grimsby….and won 3-1 in our best display of the season!

We then beat Leamington at home, before drawing away at Blyth. Our squad just can’t cope with midweek games!

Home to Kettering, on the last day, needing a point to win the league…and we did it! One of those horrendous FM games that ramp up the tension to the very last second. 2-2 in a game that we should have won easily!

We then went and won the FA Trophy! Unbelievable really, and I can’t put my finger on how it happened. An 115th minute screamer from journeyman Michael Cain, and we complete a dream season. Players are absolutely knackered so we need to try and fill out squad with promising youngsters.

Only 3-4 players will get new deals. Felt like when we lost momentum, we really struggled for quality. We now begin the giant task or revamping a team on £4,500 a week wages to compete in the Vanarama National League!

Last edited:

NoLogo

I can't shake the feeling that the game has gotten so easy due to 2 things. The 4231 Gegenpressing simply being overpowered and AI managers completely losing their marbles. It's not just the nonsense transfer business, it's also their tactics. Just completely slaughtered Stevie G's Wolves 9-0 because the nutter came at me guns blazing even while being 5-0 down at half-time and that despite his style being described as Catenaccio. Like they ran into one counter-attack after the other because they were so overexposed. Absolute mental.

NoLogo

Out of curiosity, anyone ever got any good performances out of Sancho? Rashford, Greenwood, both doing quite good, Sancho simply is the player with the lowest rating from my entire team and has pretty much been two seasons running.

Bratt

Out of curiosity, anyone ever got any good performances out of Sancho? Rashford, Greenwood, both doing quite good, Sancho simply is the player with the lowest rating from my entire team and has pretty much been two seasons running.
Yeah, he’s actually one of my top performers.
This season so far, he has played 22 games with 9 goals, 17(!) assists and average rating of 7.74
I play a high pressing 4-2-4 with him on the left as an inverted winger, attack.

NoLogo

This season so far, he has played 22 games with 9 goals, 17(!) assists and average rating of 7.74
I play a high pressing 4-2-4 with him on the left as an inverted winger, attack.
I play him in the exact same position and role in a 4231 and he is abysmal, 6.74 rating this season, 4 assists 1 goal in 19 games so far., last season couldn't get over a 7 rating either. Only one doing similarly bad is Diallo. Playing Greenwood and Rashford in the same role, they work pretty well so far and I actually now permanently dropped Sancho as a starter in favor of Rashford.

Maluco

I have retained only 4 players from the squad that won the league. A few wanted out for bigger clubs and the rest were average.

Now, I have to start the painstaking process of going through all of the PL’s released players and seeing how we can put a squad together. Endless trials and scouting and balancing how many contracts we can offer at one time to compete with other teams.

Last two times I have turned the game on, it’s just been crawling through the summer!

We have a 6 long term loan limit and we have to try to take advantage of that to bring in useful players. We squandered it last year by punting on players that never really got on the pitch!

So the plan is young, promising players, that have the potential to play at a higher level. Hoping that the 4 players we kept can continue to be the team leaders!

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
After leaving Scotland I got loads of offers from other nations. Spain, Brazil, even England wanted me as manager. Even Real Madrid were rumoured to be interested in me. The world was my oyster, but I decided to just wait until a Premier League team were looking for someone.

Fast forward three months later and Norwich are sitting in 20th, in desperate need of a tactical genius and all round ladies man simpleton to help them. We managed to secure 11th place by the end of the season and win the FA Cup.

But then the Chelsea job was vacant in the summer so I went for an interview. Exactly a month after applying, which made me feel good about myself. The board weren't comfortable with giving me, an unproven inexperienced manager who has only turned dog shit into trophies everywhere he's been, and they kept talking about how I had no experience in England (except when I frequently pumped your national team in competitions, you smug cnuts). Ended up losing the job to Deschamps, which pissed me off because I felt I was a better fit. Until I found out that Deschamps had just won Serie A and the Champions League with Juventus, so fair play.

But now all the Norwich players and fans are pissed off at me for trying to move. I badly need to achieve a place in Europe this season (with a team that have already downed tools) or I'll be sacked and fecked, and I've probably screwed any chances of getting my target job at United when that happens as my reputation will be even worse. So I'll need to move back to Scotland. And probably fecking East Fife again.

fecking East Fife. Like a career turd that just won't flush.

NoLogo

Interestingly enough it seems he is finally turning a corner. has been fairly good in the last 5 games, rating of 7.8 and 5 goals adding two assists to his tally. Maybe it simply took him 1 1/2 years to settle in.

Last edited:

Maluco

After leaving Scotland I got loads of offers from other nations. Spain, Brazil, even England wanted me as manager. Even Real Madrid were rumoured to be interested in me. The world was my oyster, but I decided to just wait until a Premier League team were looking for someone.

Fast forward three months later and Norwich are sitting in 20th, in desperate need of a tactical genius and all round ladies man simpleton to help them. We managed to secure 11th place by the end of the season and win the FA Cup.

But then the Chelsea job was vacant in the summer so I went for an interview. Exactly a month after applying, which made me feel good about myself. The board weren't comfortable with giving me, an unproven inexperienced manager who has only turned dog shit into trophies everywhere he's been, and they kept talking about how I had no experience in England (except when I frequently pumped your national team in competitions, you smug cnuts). Ended up losing the job to Deschamps, which pissed me off because I felt I was a better fit. Until I found out that Deschamps had just won Serie A and the Champions League with Juventus, so fair play.

But now all the Norwich players and fans are pissed off at me for trying to move. I badly need to achieve a place in Europe this season (with a team that have already downed tools) or I'll be sacked and fecked, and I've probably screwed any chances of getting my target job at United when that happens as my reputation will be even worse. So I'll need to move back to Scotland. And probably fecking East Fife again.

fecking East Fife. Like a career turd that just won't flush.
Winning the Fa Cup from that position is a great job! You will win them round again!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Winning the Fa Cup from that position is a great job! You will win them round again!
Hopefully! feck knows how we got so lucky. Preston in the semis and a half injured/banned City team in the final.

Worst case scenario is I take a job in the championship, which is looking likely. Already looking like I'm going to get the sack from Norwich as we've lost four in a row.

Hope your season goes better.