Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Definitely won’t be there next season. If you can’t beat this Arsenal team, there’s no hope for you.

Hammerfell

I think he will survive the season regardless and i hope he does, provided he can turn this around.

On the other hand, you have to imagine this squad would be quite something with a top, top manager. Which Lampard isnt... right now, he is still learning
Jamie Redknapp, is that you?

el3mel

With the squad he has and the results around in the league he should absolutely be challenging imo. He spent the most out of everyone in the market and got many very good players. It's underwhelming. It really is.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think he will survive the season regardless and i hope he does, provided he can turn this around.

On the other hand, you have to imagine this squad would be quite something with a top, top manager. Which Lampard isnt... right now, he is still learning
You don’t give 100s of millions of pounds for a novice to play with. If he was a hedge fund manager and he was wasting this amount of funds he’d be sacked

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Under pressure now...
Losing ground on the top four, losing to poor teams and not playing good football at all...

AshRK

Chelsea fans need to seperate Lampard the player and Lampard the manager. He is underperforming with this squad and if he loses some more in the next month or so, he will be a goner. Roman is not like United or Arsenal's board to have patience.

Cloud7

The players they bought are undoubtedly quality.
Are they though? For me the label of undoubted quality is reserved for a player like Lewandowski, De Bruyne, Kroos etc.

I wouldn't say any of the signings they made are a sure thing. Lots of potential and players that could be great, but no undoubted quality for me.

SinNombre

Are they though? For me the label of undoubted quality is reserved for a player like Lewandowski, De Bruyne, Kroos etc.

I wouldn't say any of the signings they made are a sure thing. Lots of potential and players that could be great, but no undoubted quality for me.
They spent 220m in a Covid-ravaged window.
'
Their squad is mismatched without coherence.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
They'll sack him if this continues and bring in a higher qualified manager as a replacement. Was never under any illusions that he would be there long-term.

Cloud7

They spent 220m in a Covid-ravaged window.
'
Their squad is mismatched without coherence.
Yeah they spent a massive amount, but I was just debating the point that none of the players signed with said massive amount are sure things to come good. There is still a chance that most of them could flop. The only one that looks like a sure thing at this point for me is Pulisic.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
With all except Liverpool dropping points this isn't the season to be expecting a title challenge out of him. Next season probably. If he drifts too far from top 4 he'll go but that's the expectation methinks

Zen86

Demonstrated a lot of naivety if he thought he could buy so many new players in one window and expect them to gel.

Renegade

With all except Liverpool dropping points this isn't the season to be expecting a title challenge out of him. Next season probably. If he drifts too far from top 4 he'll go but that's the expectation methinks
I’m sure they didn’t spend all that money to stand still.

dev1l

Demonstrated a lot of naivety if he thought he could buy so many new players in one window and expect them to gel.
They didn't have much choice - they were banned in the previous window or two.
And I don't think it s Frank who decides really.

In a club that is known for sacking managers all the time (a plastic fan ideal club), I don't think it makes sense to let the manager choosing the players.

TheReligion

Abusive

In a club that is known for sacking managers all the time (a plastic fan ideal club), I don't think it makes sense to let the manager choosing the players.
Is there a recruitment issue then? As I think people here seem to think they have the best recruitment going but when you look at it is it?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Every team has regressed from last season. That's this season for you. Compressed schedule, no preseason, COVID...

There's a minimum expectation, top 4, but that's it I think
But here's the thing, you can't spend 200m+ and then come up with that excuse.

If it was normal spending, like what we have done or City have done, you can blame this, but Chelsea have arguably the 2nd deepest side in the league. Add to that, his 2 big money signings seem like flops so far, and that's what I feel will lead to his sacking

Zen86

You would hope he has some say in the process though, but I agree it’s debatable how much influence he has. They had the perfect opportunity to build a youthful squad and bring in 2 or 3 key players to build on last years finish.

dev1l

You would hope he has some say in the process though, but I agree it’s debatable how much influence he has. They had the perfect opportunity to build a youthful squad and bring in 2 or 3 key players to build on last years finish.
Mind you, season is not over yet.

dev1l

Is there a recruitment issue then? As I think people here seem to think they have the best recruitment going but when you look at it is it?
I dont know the exact cause. But if I were Lampard I would prefer to spend money on Rice rather than on Havertz.
Havertz is the better player but they needed Rice more Imo, considering it s highly unlikely they ll get 40+ games from Kante.
But that s my opinion.

TheReligion

Abusive
I dont know the exact cause. But if I were Lampard I would prefer to spend money on Rice rather than on Havertz.
Havertz is the better player but they needed Rice more Imo, considering it s highly unlikely they ll get 40+ games from Kate.
But that s my opinion.
No you're spot on. They didn't need Havertz whilst Rice was ideal for the middle of the park, especially seeing as Kante is moving into his twilight.

So I guess why was recruitment as it was this window? They looked to buy players they didn't really need.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Anyone think he'll get sacked in the next month? Anyone want to make a prediction?
I predict he'll stay on for the current campaign unless, ofcourse , if results get really bad.

I think Chelsea will be up and down for the majority of the campaign but they will have the added benefit that pretty every other team bar Liverpool will go through a similar set of varying results.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I predict he'll stay on for the current campaign unless, ofcourse , if results get really bad.

I think Chelsea will be up and down for the majority of the campaign but they will have the added benefit that pretty every other team bar Liverpool will go through a similar set of varying results.
I agree with all of that.

dev1l

No you're spot on. They didn't need Havertz whilst Rice was ideal for the middle of the park, especially seeing as Kante is moving into his twilight.

So I guess why was recruitment as it was this window? They looked to buy players they didn't really need.
It s too early to pass judgement on Havertz for example. Time will tell if he comes good or not.

Chelsea s structure also mean that Lampard is a coach rather than a manager. Decisions are taken primarily by managing director who should presumably consult the coach. But club may still.end up signing a player who the coach is not very fond of.
Then when the results are bad, the coach gets all the blame.

anant

While I'm not expecting Lampard to get sacked this early, it'd be interesting to see if his job is in danger if they fail to win atleast one of their next 2 games - Villa and then City.

Also, there are a few potential tricky fixtures for them after the City game as well - Fulham, Leicester away, Wolves home, Burnley home and Spurs Away till 4th Feb.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Anyone think he'll get sacked in the next month? Anyone want to make a prediction?
No way. I was told (post below) that he's done great things so far especially this season, why should he be sacked next month? I would say give him at least end of the season. It's part of manager's job to turn things around, even though I don't think he can.

for me Lampard has clearly done a better job of establishing a style of play and working to address the needs of the team in the transfer market. I am excited that our young players seem to consistently be improving and are being managed appropriately, and that problems with our style of play are being fixed. Finally, our underlying expected goals numbers are better than yours and were last season as well, suggesting Lampard was unlucky overall in terms of finishing and being saddled with a historically bad goalkeeper.

TheReligion

Abusive
Interesting interview from Frank. He's definitely feeling the pressure and could start to crack. Basically said to ask the players about the performance as there's only so much he can do.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Add to that, his 2 big money signings seem like flops so far, and that's what I feel will lead to his sacking
Yeah, if it continues.

Arsenal signed Pepe for £72M, doesn't perform and 3 months later Emery is sacked.
Chelsea signed Morata for £60M, didn't really perform and at the end of that season Conte was sacked. Great window where they signed Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Rudiger too.
Chelsea signed Torres for £50M, didn't perform and five months later Ancelotti was sacked.

I don't think Lampard will be sacked any time soon, but the big money attacking signings that don't work well usually end in the manager being sacked within a season. There's still time for Havertz and Werner to turn it around, but Abramovich isn't the most patient of owners. Lampard being the person he is works in his favour though, don't think Abramovich would be as keen to get rid of a Chelsea legend.

At the end of the game, Chelsea were becoming dominant and that was due to having Pulisic and CHO out wide (and Pulisic in his best position). Was crazy that they started with Pulisic and Werner out of position.

Should start Pulisic, Giroud and CHO against Villa.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Interesting interview from Frank. He's definitely feeling the pressure and could start to crack. Basically said to ask the players about the performance as there's only so much he can do.
Playing the players in their preferred positions would be a start. Once he made the subs and the players were in their best positions they played better.

anant

Yeah, if it continues.

Arsenal signed Pepe for £72M, doesn't perform and 3 months later Emery is sacked.
Chelsea signed Morata for £60M, didn't really perform and at the end of that season Conte was sacked. Great window where they signed Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Rudiger too.
Chelsea signed Torres for £50M, didn't perform and five months later Ancelotti was sacked.

I don't think Lampard will be sacked any time soon, but the big money attacking signings that don't work well usually end in the manager being sacked within a season. There's still time for Havertz and Werner to turn it around, but Abramovich isn't the most patient of owners. Lampard being the person he is works in his favour though, don't think Abramovich would be as keen to get rid of a Chelsea legend.

At the end of the game, Chelsea were becoming dominant and that was due to having Pulisic and CHO out wide (and Pulisic in his best position). Was crazy that they started with Pulisic and Werner out of position.

Should start Pulisic, Giroud and CHO against Villa.
Exactly, it feels like he's signed all of them but since his high profile players aren't performing, he's caught in two minds now - Should I play them to show that these players aren't flops and the club did a good job by buying them or accept that these players aren't part of his best XI on form and just move on.

On merit, Pulisic, CHO and Abraham should be the ones starting, and Werner can come on as a sub against tired legs instead. Get his confidence up and then give him starts instead of forcing him out wide

Oldyella

Throwing players under the bus? Wonder where he picked that trick up from.

cyberman

He can do a lot better than this. Spending so much in one summer and having such a deep squad should have them at least in the top 4 by now. Frank cant have an answer to this without shining the light on himself.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
You don’t give 100s of millions of pounds for a novice to play with. If he was a hedge fund manager and he was wasting this amount of funds he’d be sacked
I really want him to succeed and will defend him stoutly, but at the same time, i can seperate myself from Frank the player; and as a manager solely -... its whether he can take us to the next level. Right now, i want him to, but suspect he cant. Sadly.

And when managers who have decent track records are floating around, Roman will be casting eyes if results continue. If the worst happened and Frank was let go, my money would be on Nagelsmann

One think I want Lampard to do is play Werner through the middle, if Mount has a poor game drop him, if James plays poor put Azpi in. He does seem to have his favourites

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

Crashoutcassius

poor lately but could easily improve as the season goes on. needs to realise what most of the world knew - werner isn't an won't be some clinical goal scorer. if we pays no attention to price tags and plays the best team every game they could well get back to form and they aren't far off the top.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Lampard isnt in any danger of getting the sack, still, absolutely embarassing losing to this version of Arsenal though.

tomaldinho1

Under same lens as Ole - top four finish is minimum requirement. Still so tight with all the top 8 or so. Would be surprised if they’re not there or there abouts come come season end.

Status
Not open for further replies.