Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He should not be lumped in with Arteta and Lampard for sure. He's a veteran and those two are young and learning.
Lampard's only 5 years younger than Solskjaer, a drop in the ocean for a manager! Lampard's only got himself to blame for taking so long to get himself into management.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Lampard's only 5 years younger than Solskjaer, a drop in the ocean for a manager! Lampard's only got himself to blame for taking so long to get himself into management.
Ole has been managing sides for a few months less than Pep Guardiola. Compare him to that guy, not a baby like Lampard who he has more than a decade on.

Listar

What's Lampard excuse? With the amount of money spent I expected a bit more.

tomaldinho1

Why do we keep crying that Ole's been under more pressure? This is probably the first time I think Lampard should be under pressure given his transfer window and so, rightly so, he will now come under more scrutiny. Big test for them now.

That said, if they get back to winning ways a loss to Everton and Wolves is hardly sackable. He, Ole and Jose for me should be under the exact same spotlight now - all three of them have been backed and all three of them have good enough players to challenge for the top four. It's going to be tight right to the end!

Personally I think Lampard just needs to bin off Havertz and he'll be fine

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Ole is not great but he deserves better than being lumped in with Arteta.
They are all in jobs they don't deserve and fooling people to different extents with a combination of smoke and mirrors. Frank will perish first imo. Arteta, the biggest impostor, will be next.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Ole has been managing sides for a few months less than Pep Guardiola. Compare him to that guy, not a baby like Lampard who he has more than a decade on.
:lol: I hope this is tongue in cheek comment.
People act as if Ole was 60 and Lampard 30.
Ole has managed very small clubs compared to United. While he gained some valuable experience at Molde which has helped him so far at United, managing a club such as United is a completely different challenge, especially if your coaches are also not that experienced and the club doesn’t have a competent board to help him out.

thatsme

I'd like to know what kind of attacking training is going on.
Is Lampard instructing them to pass it wide all the time and get a cross in, or is it simply the players are incapable of doing anything else on the ball?
Either way, its shockingly ponderous, one dimensional football.

Having said that. Even Liverpool would struggle if they had two players playing at the level of Werner and Havertz. They are so completely useless its like they're playing with 9 men every match.
I genuinely can't think of any player who's played in a top four side who's had basic passing and ball control as bad as Werner's. Its lower league level half the time.
Lampard needs to drop both of them before they cost him his job.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That’s a really odd post.
The poster had good point though. Both are only 5 years apart in term of age. When Ole retired, he became our attacking coach and then went to manage our reserve team to molde and to Cardiff. This is part of his preparation and plan how to be a professional manager, dedicated himself, gained lot of experience first to learn. He knows he’s not a quick learner.

While Lampard spent and wasted his time to be pundit when he retired. Like if that’s gonna do any shit for his own managerial career.

I understand this because I’m kinda similar to Ole. I work as engineer and before I graduated, I chose to get lot of internship in engineering first that I decided to delay my graduation. Some people chose to graduated quickly without having enough experience first and end up struggling for their first full time job or even find their first full time job.

duffer

Scout
:lol: I hope this is tongue in cheek comment.
People act as if Ole was 60 and Lampard 30.
Ole has managed very small clubs compared to United. While he gained some valuable experience at Molde which has helped him so far at United, managing a club such as United is a completely different challenge, especially if your coaches are also not that experienced and the club doesn’t have a competent board to help him out.
There's not a 30 year age gap but there is a 10 year experience gap.

It's not a dig at Ole in anyway, good on him for starting early. If anything, those who are linking him in with novices like Frank and Arteta are doing him a disservice.

georgipep

Not quite sure if they seriously discussed it but just look at the click-bait titles
Omg...that's embarassing. First one, ok, that was in jest. But the second one...f*** off man, I don't watch ESPN but did he ever say he was wrong about us? Pundits are so entitled to make hindsight analysis...

Nickelodeon

Does it matter who's managed for whatever duration? If anything, Lampard should be compared with Sarri and other predecessors. Sarri finished 3rd and won the Europa and got sacked. Lampard had a solid excuse of the transfer ban and would've been sacked had it been any other season. Now that he's backed in the transfer market, I don't see him staying in his job if he replicates last season's performance.

Anyways, the comparison between Ole and Lampard is purely because of the supposed "pressure" Ole is under while Lampard enjoys a much more protected environment from the English media. Results and position wise, the situations are pretty similar for both United and Chelsea. For what its worth, I believe Ole would already have been sacked had Roman been our owner.

cyberman

Yep. You could argue Lampard should be more in tune with modern football since he played with half of the City squad!
Experience is all relative anyway, you cant prepare to manage Utd. LVG and Jose failed and they are two of the most experienced managers in the game today.
It doesnt matter what job Frank had before, there is no way to gain experience of signing 200m odd worth of talent in 1 window and mount a title challenge

duffer

Scout
Anyways, the comparison between Ole and Lampard is purely because of the supposed "pressure" Ole is under while Lampard enjoys a much more protected environment from the English media. Results and position wise, the situations are pretty similar for both United and Chelsea. For what its worth, I believe Ole would already have been sacked had Roman been our owner.
Ole has.been there longer and spent more, not to mention that he's boss of a much bigger club. Of course he's going to be under more media scrutiny.

The comparisons on here are because people seem to think "less shit a manager than Frank Lampard" is some kind of achievement.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hopefully he stays on at Chelsea. Remarkably mediocre manager. Chelsea have a ridiculous academy and loads of money, a very good manager can and should dominate with them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
But are Chelsea fine with having a "baby" as manager? From what I've seen baby versions of top managers also tend to be quite good.

duffer

Scout
But are Chelsea fine with having a "baby" as manager? From what I've seen baby versions of top managers also tend to be quite good.
I am, for the moment. If we end up in a worse position than last season then he's done.

Lampard has earned some time in my eyes. It's sentimental of course but that's football.

Nickelodeon

Ole has.been there longer and spent more, not to mention that he's boss of a much bigger club. Of course he's going to be under more media scrutiny.

The comparisons on here are because people seem to think "less shit a manager than Frank Lampard" is some kind of achievement.
It's a coping mechanism. Given a choice, none of us will swap our managers with each other or Arsenal for that matter. Ultimately, the proof is in the results and as things stand, it seems that only Spurs have upped their game from last season.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It seems to me like they bought a bunch of good players in the transfer window and Lampard doesn't have a clue on how to fit them in the same team. I've not been impressed with Havertz or Werner but I feel like they are not being used right.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It seems to me like they bought a bunch of good players in the transfer window and Lampard doesn't have a clue on how to fit them in the same team. I've not been impressed with Havertz or Werner but I feel like they are not being used right.
I think Werner's been fine in general, yeah last two games he's been awful but before that even when not scoring it he's was contributing.

As for Havertz yeah it's not happening for him but at this age we can afford a bit more time, I actually think Lampard is managing him wrong at the minute, start of last season Pulisic ghosted his first month in the PL so Lampard took him out of the firing line for a while, he should be doing the same here.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think Werner's been fine in general, yeah last two games he's been awful but before that even when not scoring it he's was contributing.

As for Havertz yeah it's not happening for him but at this age we can afford a bit more time, I actually think Lampard is managing him wrong at the minute, start of last season Pulisic ghosted his first month in the PL so Lampard took him out of the firing line for a while, he should be doing the same here.
Pulisic was making an impact off the bench when Lampard appeared to be prefer CHO as the outright starter. A couple of assists off the bench, especially that crucial late 1-0 win away at Ajax and then he scored a hatrick when he got his start. Havertz fluctuates between okay-ish to absolutely dreadful at the moment, and this isn't a slight against him, I think he'll come good, but he has made next to no impact in almost all of the games he's featured in so far.

I don't know if the right answer is to just remove him from the firing line or to allow him to play through this tough period. What doesn't help is moving him all over the place into different positions to do a job or fill in for injured players. He has had zero continuity from literally day one.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Pulisic was making an impact off the bench when Lampard appeared to be prefer CHO as the outright starter. A couple of assists off the bench, especially that crucial late 1-0 win away at Ajax and then he scored a hatrick when he got his start. Havertz fluctuates between okay-ish to absolutely dreadful at the moment, and this isn't a slight against him, I think he'll come good, but he has made next to no impact in almost all of the games he's featured in so far.

I don't know if the right answer is to just remove him from the firing line or to allow him to play through this tough period. What doesn't help is moving him all over the place into different positions to do a job or fill in for injured players. He has had zero continuity from literally day one.
I was thinking more between the first two international breaks. In August he was fantastic in the super cup but he was invisible in league games (his underlying metrics weren't looking much better than Kai's last night) so then he was took out of the team for a month only appearing against Grimsby (where he was also pretty average) and late on vs Saints just before the second break.

I just feel with his struggles atm plus recovering from Covid I feel he can do with sitting out for a similar amount of time and then make a return vs Morecombe and work from there. He looks like he needs the physical and mental break.

SuperiorXI

Should be rightly criticised on the results so far but you have to get lucky for a team to gel so quickly. He bought so many players.

Think we will see the fruits of this late this season and into next season. The players they bought are undoubtedly quality.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I was thinking more between the first two international breaks. In August he was fantastic in the super cup but he was invisible in league games (his underlying metrics weren't looking much better than Kai's last night) so then he was took out of the team for a month only appearing against Grimsby (where he was also pretty average) and late on vs Saints just before the second break.

I just feel with his struggles atm plus recovering from Covid I feel he can do with sitting out for a similar amount of time and then make a return vs Morecombe and work from there. He looks like he needs the physical and mental break.
I feel like it really depends on the individual player, which is why it's hard for fans to know the kind of man management that works. Sitting out for a while and playing through the struggle are both reasonable approaches depending on the individual. Taking Pulisic out of the team for a while worked for him. He came back and hit the ground running.

I suppose only the coaching staff can know for sure what would work best for Havertz - to start with though, I'd prefer it if he just stuck to playing him as an 8 and build up chemistry with Reece James, Kante, Mount and whoever the striker is.

Last edited:

Zen86

Should be rightly criticised on the results so far but you have to get lucky for a team to gel so quickly. He bought so many players.

Think we will see the fruits of this late this season and into next season. The players they bought are undoubtedly quality.
To be fair though, it's a known fact that having so much squad upheaval in a single transfer window will lead to those kinds of problems. It's a risk he's taken which is on him.

SuperiorXI

To be fair though, it's a known fact that having so much squad upheaval in a single transfer window will lead to those kinds of problems. It's a risk he's taken which is on him.
Yes provided he had complete control of the situation which few managers do in this day and age. Wonder how much influence he had. Even still, he'll be judged on them rightly or wrongly.

duffer

Scout
Does it matter who's managed for whatever duration? If anything, Lampard should be compared with Sarri and other predecessors. Sarri finished 3rd and won the Europa and got sacked. Lampard had a solid excuse of the transfer ban and would've been sacked had it been any other season. Now that he's backed in the transfer market, I don't see him staying in his job if he replicates last season's performance.
Sarri didn't get sacked, not sure where you got that from. Juve paid us millions to release him from his contract.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I'd like to know what kind of attacking training is going on.
Is Lampard instructing them to pass it wide all the time and get a cross in, or is it simply the players are incapable of doing anything else on the ball?
Either way, its shockingly ponderous, one dimensional football.

Having said that. Even Liverpool would struggle if they had two players playing at the level of Werner and Havertz. They are so completely useless its like they're playing with 9 men every match.
I genuinely can't think of any player who's played in a top four side who's had basic passing and ball control as bad as Werner's. Its lower league level half the time.
Lampard needs to drop both of them before they cost him his job.
Werner was good under Nagelsmann (from what I hear) but before that he was shocking whenever I saw him. Really poor in that 2018 World Cup, in every game.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I think he will survive the season regardless and i hope he does, provided he can turn this around.

On the other hand, you have to imagine this squad would be quite something with a top, top manager. Which Lampard isnt... right now, he is still learning

Status
Not open for further replies.