Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Thought he was pretty shocking myself. Brainlessly over-committing defensively and needlessly wasteful going forward.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He played a couple of nice balls tonight that could've led to something. I think he'll be sweet when he settles in.

Ekeke

For me the only positive from him today is that he tries to get forward and support attacks. Little came off for him offensively today and he didnt win a single tackle or interception which unfortunately based on his start at United doesn't surprise me at all. He did block a shot though so at least thats something.

Grande

5/10. Many bad passes, loses the ball several times. Loses several defensive duels. Never stops trying, which is what makes me think he’ll come around in time.

Woziak

Ironic that both the two players which City chased, Sanchez and Fred who have cost well in excess of £100M with wages and transfers that we got so excited about are now Finished already!

Fred needs time he's played 3 games and Sanchez needs to be dropped and sort out his personal s... and then told he has 6 months to justify his enormous contract !

Both will come good because we now have healthy competition and you have to play well to stay in the team. Once again Feillani had an outstanding cameo because he would run through brick walls for Mourinho and yet even after 5 years he is still the subject of much ridicule on this Forum?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Bit raw but incredibly fast and we need that in getting the ball out of United's half.

Stubble

He's a player who seems to always be involved and pops up all over the pitch. He's dynamic and aggressive which is what we need but his quality and decision making need to improve from what we have seen so far - maybe he's a bit 'over-eager' at times. Its early days i think he will get a lot better. Don't see how anyone can be writing the lad off after just a few games.

Ekeke

But your new 50m player not being good enough to start games is a worry itself. Worry about whether it was a good transfer or not.
To be honest I'm used to us wasting money and not getting anywhere near value for it. Its what we do often so it gets harder and harder to be outraged at the newest one when we have half a team of those players.

Its simply too early to say with a player who hasnt played 10 matches yet. I don't think hes done enough to be starting over other players but I dont see any reason why he cant find some form at some point during the season to go on a run of 15 or so good matches and then do better next season.

Devil may care

I thought he was our poorest player today, knocked off the ball too easily, always looked a yard behind what was going on and too loose with his control.

MadMike

Get with the times. A 50m player buys you squad players nowerdays.
A squad player should still look good though. I didn't expect him to be a Modric level player and I don't think anyone did, but he's quite below par what you'd expect from an international Brazilian midfielder so far.

It's early days of course and I'm not writing him off at all, but I think being a bit worried is quite rational based on what we've seen.

luke511

No discredit to the player, but it's becoming more and more obvious he was the wrong signing this summer. We needed a deep lying playmaker type, not another box to box.

el3mel

A squad player should still look good though. I didn't expect him to be a Modric level player and I don't think anyone did, but he's quite below par what you'd expect from an international Brazilian midfielder so far.

It's early days of course and I'm not writing him off at all, but I think being a bit worried is quite rational based on what we've seen.
Agree. I have been worried myself that he has already lost his starting position by just the second match and we don't even look like missing him much. He looked well in his first game and I was optimistic, but after that it was a mixed bag Herrera-esque performance.

50m is still a lot and I can't imagine us paying that much in a flop so hopefully he settles in quickly and starts to improve.

MadMike

No discredit to the player, but it's becoming more and more obvious he was the wrong signing this summer. We needed a deep lying playmaker type, not another box to box.
Why so? Matic and Fellaini (evidently) can play the DLP role, while Herrera's contract is expiring and I think we were looking for an upgrade with a view for next year. I think a good box-to-box was probably more important at this time.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Very poor for most of the game but actually excellent in the 10 minutes before he was hooked. I want to see more of him.

Revaulx

I’m not even sure he’s a box to box.

Sure he operates all over the pitch, but his strengths are all attacking; I really like his forward runs and wish he was in a role where he could do more of them.

His tackling is rash, his reading of the game not great and his defensive capabilities questionable.

I think he could be a really good player, but I struggle to see how he’s going to be utilised to get the best out of him. Another square peg?

Kostov

Shambles today. Pereira did better in the 10 minutes than Fred managed until he was taken off. And wtf happened to his set pieces, I thought he was good at them? Two fecking corners in a row and he hits them on the first defender on the near post.

izzydiggler

I thought he'd be better. Has energy and movement but has been quite poor on the ball - I expect much better from a player costing £50m.

Kostov

I doubt he will take any more! He had 2 in quick succession, the 2nd one worse than the first! Can’t believe any pro who’s getting paid what they do and can’t float a ball beyond the first man. They should fine poor corner taking
That was shambolic, I just sat there thinking, how did he manage to do that...

UncleBob

Don't get the need for hyperbole, it's still early days for him at the club and he'll need some time to settle in. Shaky in some areas, good in others, not sure why people can't stick to seeing the positive bits instead of calling it shambles.

luke511

Why so? Matic and Fellaini (evidently) can play the DLP role, while Herrera's contract is expiring and I think we were looking for an upgrade with a view for next year. I think a good box-to-box was probably more important at this time.
In the long run yes definitely, there's no question he's a big strength to our squad. I just think a proper playmaker is the missing piece to that midfield and it won't click properly until there's one there, and as someone mentioned in a reply to my post, Fred feels like a square peg at the moment. For now I do think Pereira makes more sense in that position, our passing felt a lot smoother when he was on the park tonight.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Send like a willingness to give a player time to settle went out of the window when Fergie left. I actually think some posters have forgot that players generally need time, they're so fecking jacked up on writing our players off, probably as another stick to beat Jose with.

deafepl

In the long run yes definitely, there's no question he's a big strength to our squad. I just think a proper playmaker is the missing piece to that midfield and it won't click properly until there's one there, and as someone mentioned in a reply to my post, Fred feels like a square peg at the moment. For now I do think Pereira makes more sense in that position, our passing felt a lot smoother when he was on the park tonight.
in long-term, United have a plan for Periera as DLP starters in the future, otherwive we will get DLP next summer if it's not working out so well for him. Fred is not really DLP but the box to box players, he has obvious creativity, good in tight space, kind of the player that would run for 90 minutes at full and tireless. If anything, Matic has been pretty poor, look a shadow of him last season where he would protect the defence, not try to get forward. Fellaini have done a better job protecting the defence than Matic so we seem so relaxed with him.

MadMike

Send like a willingness to give a player time to settle went out of the window when Fergie left. I actually think some posters have forgot that players generally need time, they're so fecking jacked up on writing our players off, probably as another stick to beat Jose with.
I've not seen anyone write him off yet, I thin keveryone is saying he needs more time. But being a bit worried from what we've seen is natural.

3KDré

He's got a lot of qualities that will help us later on when he settles down. Early days yet.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've not seen anyone write him off yet, I thin keveryone is saying he needs more time. But being a bit worried from what we've seen is natural.
I have. I just saw a post saying he and Lindelof aren't good enough.

I'm going to say it, I think he'll be a superb player for us and people will be raving about him by the end of the season (probably a lot earlier).

MadMike

I have. I just saw a post saying he and Lindelof aren't good enough.

I'm going to say it, I think he'll be a superb player for us and people will be raving about him by the end of the season (probably a lot earlier).
Well I certainly hope you get proven right, that'd be great for us.

Aloysius's Back 3

I'd like to see him as a CDM - a player in a strict position whose main focus is to break down play.

Right now he seems all over the pitch & not settled in to anything.

Litch

Early days so can we give the lad a chance to at least settle into the league, the country and the club....feck me

gza the genius

Can't really see what he does better than Pereira to justify the 50mil. I don't think he's necessarily bad or anything but we would've been just as good as we are now by just using Herrera and Pereira, better than we are now by using that 50mil on a cb or rw.

manunited1919

Runs a lot, but sometimes picks the wrong pass. But more concerned that he loses the ball in dangerous positions. Hope he improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.