5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RikRuud

Once the full team settles so will Fred. I like most.of what I've seen. Got a range of passing which I like.

haram

People are really bagging on this guy? A new signing that has some top class qualities but is obviously trying a little too hard to impress leading to a bit of erratic-ness.

Fantastic presser, great work rate (almost always the first one to make supporting tuns into attack), good passing between the lines.

I'd say him and Shaw have been steadily improving and been standout players.
I agree. I didn’t see the Brighton game but he showed nice signs in the home games.

Bestietom

Fred will improve when the balance of the team improves and we start to play good football. Too much chopping and changing will never form a good team.

Smores

I think he's been excellent and I'm fairly convinced if we'd have won all 3 games with him putting in the same level of performance those moaning about him would be hyping him up instead.

simplyared

Seeing him go for that header against Spurs (which he had no chance of getting anywhere near) which put himself out of the game and opened the door for a counter, was schoolboy level. Early days but I'm not too impressed.
Seri for 20m less could well have been a better option imo.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
The cross to Lukaku's head in the first half was the silkiest I've seen from a United player in recent memory. Found myself replaying that whole move a few times in fact.

Also, can't believe quite a few are writing him off already. Think he has shown positive signs that he will be a very good player in a functioning team once he adjusts to the league. Perhaps not if we go back to bus parking and hoofball though.

El-Manos

I actually think he has been quite good given the circumstances; considering he is new and we are in terrible form. He will only improve as the season goes on.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
With the way we are playing right now, we have maybe one or two players playing to their potential at any given time. We can't expect Fred to come in and flourish, it wouldn't be fair.

JMack1234

Fred hasn't even been that bad. For me, his dead ball delivery was one of the few bright spots from the Spurs game.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've been impressed so far, there's been a few loose passes and touches, but he's had no pre season and didn't even play for Brazil, that's really bad prep for the earlier games.

From what I've seen though I think he'll be a really good player for us. Even during the Brighton game where we feel apart, he still wanted the ball and he still tried tricky passes to try and unlock their defence. That shows a lot about a players character, more so than joining a team that's playing amazing football and doing well.

I still stand by my prediction that he'll become a fans favourite. He's got the quality, the workrate and the personality by the looks of it.

luke511

Fred hasn't even been that bad. For me, his dead ball delivery was one of the few bright spots from the Spurs game.
He hasn't been bad, but going off what we've seen so far he doesn't seem to be the missing piece we needed in our midfield. We needed a calm presence with a high level of consistency in the centre of the park, Fred comes across as a very erratic player, some things are a joy to behold and then some are very rushed and all over the place. Still plenty of time for him to grow as a player and prove me wrong though. I'm interested to see how we play with Matic and Pereira in the same midfield, along with either Pogba or Fred.

Crashoutcassius

He fits perfectly into the pressing game. If we continue with that style he will be one of our most important players. Give him time to adjust to the pace of the PL.
In fairness we have been way better without him at that style. Why do you think he is prime for it ?

Canagel

In fairness we have been way better without him at that style. Why do you think he is prime for it ?
Everyone agreed that we played some of our best football against Spurs and Fred was in the heart of that. He's a player that wants to play quick and usually if you've seen his videos he always looks for the killer pass. Add to that his high number of interceptions last season in the CL, probably one of the highest it's clear that he suits a pressing team and not a reactive team because his best qualities are restricted.

andycolegangstainnit

I hope to see Fred return to the line-up against Wolves replacing Matic. Felly can do the False CB leaving Pogba & Fred more freedom to get forward. I really hope we replicate the first half against Spurs (but this time take our chances). I thought J Lingz and Fred were excellent with the high press/

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Against YB, we need players to play attacking football so I expect to see him start instead of Fellaini

Minimalist

I am sometimes a bit confused why we bought him (from a technical perspective) but then I see the energy he brings, the positive quick passing and I sort of get it.

Still early days anyway.

el3mel

Don't want to be harsh, but 2-3 more games of this and will start to question the 50m investment in this lad.

He's just another Herrera, with all flaws and qualities. Only difference is Herrera has good through balls in him at least.

We didn't need an upgraded version of Herrera.

Zoo

Got better and better as the game went on so was unfortunate to be subbed off but maybe he was being protected for the weekend.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He was grand, but I'm still not sure what it is he's supposed to be very good at. Tenacity, I guess?
Transitions with the ball at the moment, it's definitely his forte and I'm sure he'll come good with time, quite rash at times, still no proper understanding with his team mates, the runs, when to pass, what to expect and so on. Early days.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I thought he looked really good for the first time. In previous games he was just energetic but here he was really linking up the play forcefully and picking up some clever spaces.

Ekeke

I'd have him behind Andreas in the pecking order for sure. Ander too at times, although personally I'd be using him at DM and Fred wouldnt be competing for that spot.

Might be another one who needs a season to settle in before looking like he might be up to it, like Lindelof was.

But right now he does less defensively than Pogba does and I dont think its a good balance for our midfield to have another player who gives the ball away a lot and doesn't put a lot of energy into defending. We can work around Pogba doing that at times, but having 2 is tough.

flappyjay

He has got bags of energy but not so impressive on the technical side.

kundalini

Rubbish again, though did improve in the 2nd half. Looks miles off the pace. Should be left out for a while.

Easily the worst of our midfield players at the moment. Doesn't deserve to get selected ahead of any of the others.

Last edited:

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Give him time. Remember when we laughed at Fernandinho when City signed him?
Takes time for players to transition into a better team in a better league playing at a higher pace.

LJJT

Think he played ok, considering how many games he’s played with these team mates you can see he had potential. Don’t rate him on corners tho should let Dalot have a go at them

Ban

Grew into the game. I see an exciting player in him, tries things, active, wants a ball, makes quick passes. He needs games, he'll be good.

tidraKS

He improved a lot as the game went by, and shouldn't have been replaced IMO. The game was won and Fellaini wasn't needed. In the third goal he gave a good ball to Pogba, and did what majority of our players don't often do, which is pass forward.

Minimalist

Think he played ok, considering how many games he’s played with these team mates you can see he had potential. Don’t rate him on corners tho should let Dalot have a go at them
Jesus I can't believe I forgot to mention that. How crap is he at corners?! Who the fcuk suggested he take them?:lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Surprised to see few negative posts, thought he had good game. Full of energy and linked the game well. Like others he struggled at the start and then improved.

LJJT

Jesus I can't believe I forgot to mention that. How crap is he at corners?! Who the fcuk suggested he take them?:lol:
I doubt he will take any more! He had 2 in quick succession, the 2nd one worse than the first! Can’t believe any pro who’s getting paid what they do and can’t float a ball beyond the first man. They should fine poor corner taking

The Real Treble 99

Very poor & has been for a while now. For me he’s a not a 1st team player. Poor tackling not enough control of midfield & overall quality is not there. He’s like a pinball just bouncing about the middle not getting you enough points.

PoTMS

Energetic but pretty poor otherwise. Needs to improve.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Bit of a mixed bag, started off with a lot of misplaced passes but improved, a player that’s confident on the ball. Interested to see how he fits in long term.

AR87

He played better as the match went on. I generally think all of our CMs did because it took time for them to adjust to the artificial surface. His pass through the lines to Pogba before he released Martial for our 3rd was an example of what he can add to our play.

Status
Not open for further replies.